Review rating:
Filter By:

Mint saved me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

After pretty much everything that could go wrong with telcos did go wrong Mint swooped in. They offered a level of service totally above and beyond what I expected. Everything is fixed, support has been abundant and they've followed up to make sure all is well. I'm a very happy camper!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi mandylee,
No one likes it when things don't work as they should and we definitely share that frustration, so very glad to hear all is sorted and working as it should.
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback.

Brisbane

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Excellent product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Everyone has a horror story of bad service from a telco. The team at Mint Telecom are different. They actually called me before the problem occurred and had it fixed! If you're fed up with overseas call centres and want to talk with people in Australia who actually help, then give Mint a go.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi badbuffalo, We do monitor drops of our customers services on a daily basis and proactively contact you where we see a problem. We know faults can occur and we want to make sure your service wo... read more »

Adelaide

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Five Star from the start !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

After my current provider deceitfully tried to change me from ADSL2 to NBN in a high pressured sales call I decided to look around. The reviews here about Mint Telecom were extremely good so I initially started with an online chat with Michael who answered all my questions without any pressure to sign up. Making the decision a few days later to give Mint a go I have dealt with Kelvin and the service has been exceptional.

Modem pre-configuration made the process so simple and the only wait time to get set up was Telstra to configure the node. While today is only the first day of actual connection the speeds are pretty much running at full potential consistently. Highly recommended !!

Thanks Mint.

I have only ever read reviews on Product Review and this is my first post due to the outstanding service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Darren, Glad to hear the onboarding process worked as we aim and intend it to. Preconfiguring our modems certainly does make it nice and easy to get going and removes the stress of trying to wo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

One step back, is two steps forward.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

With a year of Telstra 4G outrageous false billing behind me, it was time to dump this morally bankrupt telco after being with them for over 14 years. Portability is now handled by an iPad with prepaid Sim card.
Through Kelvin, I joined one day and was connected to ADSL2+. The modem arrived from Sydney to Country Victoria the very next day by courier and I was up and running before lunch.
The speed is actually better than 4G as the house is wrapped in foil and the 4G reception was only 1 - 2 bars, without an exterior antenna.
There have been no dropouts or buffering so I am delighted with that, as I thought taking a step back in technology
may have been a bad move. My wife is also delighted with her favourite Melbourne Breakfast Radio via the Internet.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ken, Glad to hear that we made the long term change of providers so effortless for you. Adsl is often not as fast as 4G but it is sufficient for most people's requirements at home and far more... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2017

Recommended by word of mouth for NBN. Great rates. Excellent prompt efficient service and patience for the non-IT savvy individual.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Emma, Glad to hear your service was up and running without any dramas, we do provide preconfigured modems to make the setup faster and easier, but are happy to help people set up their own mode... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

We have recently connected with Mint. Customer Service and Support has been amazing from moment of connection, while fixing initial problems and when installing NBN. Mint are efficient, helpful and show genuine care of their customers.Many thanks - so glad we have switched over!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi JME, Its disappointing for all concerned when your connection doesn't work as we both expect it to. We definitely will endeavour to fix anything within our control and keep chasing to fix those... read more »

sydney

• 1 comment
  • 13 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

One of the best customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

Mint Telecom could have one of the best customer service I have encountered. Very helpful and friendly and treats you like a person (unlike other providers)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi unk, We purposefully operate from Hobart for this very reason, we think it makes a difference. Could we be the best at customer service? That is a lofty goal, but certainly something we aspire ... read more »

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Recently relocated NBN FTTN connection to a new address, contacted Kelvin via email, gained a response less than an hour later and NBN was up and running within another two hours. NBN working as perfectly as ever after reconnection. Very efficient, knowledgeable and customer focused which is what the industry needs. Thanks guys :)

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Emma,
Glad to hear the move was stress free and your service was back working really quickly for you.
Thanks for the feedback, it's reassuring to hear our customers value the same things that we focus really hard on.

• 1 comment

MINT Telecom delivers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I recently moved onto FTTN from Naked with iinet on a 100/40 plan. Initially got 35/18, but after 2 days it went to 4/3, the 3/2, then nothing at all. Got the total run-around with iinet. Nothing was solved in about 6 weeks of calls.
Since TPG has bought out iinet, their customer service and ability to action faults is next to useless!!!

Decided enough was enough. Contacted Mint last week & got the ball rolling. Today, the NBN is back on & Mint has kept me informed of the progress to get the fault corrected every step of the way. Their knowledge & customer care is second to none. Kelvin & Grant have been friendly and informative. Their plans are competitive and when something does go wrong, so far they have been exceptionally quick to respond and get the issue resolved. I've gone for the 50/20 plan, as Mint has ascertained that the current FTTN config for my area could not sustain higher speeds at this stage (New Town, Tas), which is something the TPG/iinet staff would never be capable of. Could not be happier with Mint Telecom. AAA++++ :)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Obbzy, Its certainly frustrating when things don't work as they should. We can't always fix as sometimes its outside of our control, but we have been doing this for a long time and will bend ov... read more »

Thanks Michael.
I'm so glad I made the move to Mint.
If others aren't getting the 'love' they deserve from their ISP, then I can definitely recommend Mint Telecom.

Obbzy

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Didn't have to wait ages on hold, consultant helps every step of the way. Even gave a tip that increased download speed ten-fold.
Certainly recommend mint telecom

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi J.D, Fantastic to hear the tip helped for your speed. Wifi congestion is awfully common these days with so many devices conflicting with each other. We work hard to minimise wait times, but shou... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent - Very Fast Setup.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2016

I moved from iiNet as our internet connection was not working, after several hours on the phone and iiNet sending up SMS messages saying everything is now working we still did not have internet access.

Enough was enough it was time to change providers, i gave mint telecom a call at around 4:30pm provided my details and was told they would call back at 9:00am in the morning, sure enough at 9am the phone rang and we were online, simple as that.

A+++ Customer service, it's a real pleasure dealing with a local company that goes above and beyond to help the customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Graeme, Glad we were able to help you, we really do believe operating 100% from Hobart makes a big difference. We thing our experience and commitment to our customers is what sets us apart fro... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Amazing NBN connection service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2016

After numerous mistakes by Telstra and having spent 3 hours on the phone to them, enough was enough and I contacted Mint to enquire about their NBN services. Not only is their product easily comparable (in both quality and cost) to Telstra, their service is outstanding. Within 3 hours, on a Sunday, Kelvin had our NBN connected and operating - when Telstra assured me it couldn't be done (by them or any other provider) within 72 hours.

Finally a Telco that delivers on what it says and gets the job done right at the time they say they will!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sam, Great to hear you got online in a much better time frame than others were indicating. We pride ourselves on our years of experience making a difference with regard to our advice and our a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent - Fastest Connection Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I was connected in a few hours, others said it could take weeks. The service was very friendly and extremely effective. The connection is via fixed wireless, the speed is excellent and so far the connection has been super reliable. Thanks sooo much!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Martin,
Not sure why others thought it would be weeks! Glad to get it all up and going swiftly for you and its operating as it should be.
Thanks for the feedback.

Amazing service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Kelvin was available after hours and on weekends to try to iron out a glitch which turned out to be in our laptop. He was very knowledgeable, helpful and concerned. Excellent service!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Denise, Whilst the call centre is only open standard business hours we are always available to try to help, where we can, after hours as we know how frustrating it can be when you can't get onl... read more »

Perth

Finally!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I've been in Oz for over 30 years and its the first time i've encountered a truly great service from a telecom company! I am so pleased I found this service provider! As true blue aussie service should be.. been telling my mates already! Thank u so much!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Maryann,
Thank you for the feedback.
Don't forget our refer a friend program when you tell your mates!

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

I can not fault Mint Telecom. Their customer service is second to none. I have never experienced such helpful friendly and timely service. They deserve every success.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Katemont,
Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback.
We focus really hard on our service so it's fantastic to hear how much it is appreciated and that we are getting it right.

Full of good surprises!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

ADSL2 (offnet).
I have had the ADSL up and running with Mint for almost 3 weeks now and haven't had one drop out yet. Speed has been consistent and I have no trouble sending/receiving large emails or streaming movies & shows.
The experience of signing up with Mint was excellent. I got straight through to their call centre and spoke to informative and knowledgeable people. They have some fantastic packages available and had me up and running in 3 business days, most of the waiting time was for Telstra to activate the phone line as I wasn't switching across from an existing ADSL.
Telco's cop a bad wrap from time to time but my experience with Mint has been nothing but positive and they have a great manner on the phone to engage person to person and not give you "the next sale" feeling.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Brett, Great to hear that your ADSL service is working really well. The reason we operate from Hobart is so that we can deliver that extra level of personal touch, so its really pleasing to hea... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great customer service and smooth, easy set up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

I had a great experience connecting NBN to our house in Hobart with Mint Telecom. From the start, everything was easy and they took the time to explain the process. It helped that they are local (Tassie based) and understand the issues that are important here. It was installed quickly and without a problem (within the timeframes they quoted) and we haven't had any dropouts. The biggest positive, however, has been the support. I have called several times with questions or requests and each time I got through to a Tassie-based consultant in no time. Every Mint consultant I've spoken to has been helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. To add to this, the email and text communications they send out to advise of key steps in the process are clear and easy to understand. I would recommend Mint Telecom to anyone, but particularly to Tassie folk. Support a local Tassie telco provider on the Telstra network - avoid Basslink drama!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi K.S,
Thank you for the review.
We do think our years of experience and easy accessibility is a key component of the DNA of our business and its really pleasing to hear our customers agree that this is important to them as well.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Finally someone who knows and cares about what they are doing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We have NBN.
Set up was uneventful and our change over was pretty quick (from memory).
We have never had any connection issues.
Support has been knowledgeable and practical. When compared to my last provider iinet, there is no comparison. Mint beats them hands down. When Mint say they will do something, like call me back, they actually call me back. What is more they will call me back when they say they will call me back. It is the little things.
On the rare occasions that I have needed to speak to them, Mint has (without me asking) recommended plan changes to better meet my needs, even if it has reduced my monthly spend. The fact that it is also an Australian fielding my service calls (I apologise if this sound discriminatory, it is not intended to be) makes resolving the very few questions I have had, really easy.
I have recommended Mint to others who all similarly seem impressed with there just simply not being any dramas.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Hector, Whilst we can't always fix everything as the network is not ours, we do have over 30 years experience in the industry across our senior leadership team, so that plus all of us operating ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Personalised Customer Service makes a big difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

After being mis-treated by an number of tel-cos it is a relief to find one that is practicing with integrity and professional service delivery. Congratulations to MINT for breaking away from the norm offering respect and care to customers.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi AKT,

Thank you for the feedback. We do think operating out of Hobart and focusing on service is a big point of difference, so it's pleasing to get feedback from customers that appreciate that.

5 of 7 pages