Filter By:

Seven Mile Beach Tasmania

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We contacted Mint Telecom to arrange for the connection of NBN. We didn't have a land line connected to our home so immediately there were difficulties. Michael from Mint was excellent in providing assistance and advice regarding what was required. The NBN guys were wonderful as well. Having finally located the Telstra cabling outside the boundary of our home, we had the NBN connected. The connection is reliable and does not drop out. What was quite exceptional was that I email Mint at night and I receive a response within minutes of sending the email. Their customer service is exceptional. I would highly reccommend them to anyone interested in using their services.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Jane,
Glad to hear it's all working well for you and as we expect it to.
Also pleasing to get the feedback on our service as we do work very hard on that.
Thanks for taking the time to recommend us, it's much appreciated.

Brisbane

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Best customer service you can't get anywhere else!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Had a painful experience with Telstra to transfer from ADSL to NBN and ended up cancelling my order with them. Did a bit of research and decided to go with Mint Telecom. Best decision I ever made, 5 minutes phone call to set up everything was amazing! Was always informed about the progress with connection etc. Had a bit of hiccup with NBN to connect my service so it took a bit longer but so worth it at the end. Connection is good and speed is definitely faster! Would recommend Mint Telecom to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ming, We are certainly a lot smaller than Telstra, but the benefit of that is we are much more nimble and bring a lot more experience to the table. Glad to hear our onboarding process was effici... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Best service in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I have a lot of difficulties with NBN drop out as a result of bad copper (ie not the providers fault but the infrastructure). Mint have been incredible. It could take days and hours on the phone to sort a fault through my previous provider. Mint not only sort things out within minutes, they also have proactively contacted me having noticed drop outs on the line.

I couldn't recommend them more highly. They are a pleasure to deal with and have made my life so much easier!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Holly, Certainly is frustrating when internet doesn't work as well as it should and definitely one of the failings of copper. As noted, its not our network and we can't directly fix for you. Ho... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Mint Telecom is the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Would recommend Mint Telecom to anyone ive had no issues ever and Kelvin is best CSR ive dealt with. Anything i need changed or need info on i get in straight away i dont get transferred to 500 tech people then hung up on.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi KingKoopa, When you do recommend make sure you tell them to let us know you referred them as our refer a friend program provides you with a $50 thank you credit and a $50 sign on credit to your ... read more »

Perth WA

Customer Service was awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I had a live chat with mint telecom this afternoon and within a couple of minutes I was told how ADSL +2 works and why I experience slow connection and also that as I had fiber connected already (which I wasn't aware of) I could experience a better service and faster speeds.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Kirstals,
Live chat is definitely an easy and effective way to engage with us.
Glad to hear you were able to benefit from our experience and expertise in the industry.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback.

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great service and quick NBN - South East Suburbs Melbourne

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Just switched over to Mint with the Nude NBN 50/20 via HFC today. Customer service has been excellent from the start, answering all of my questions and responding really quickly. NBN technician was on time and quick. No nasty surprises. I received an SMS from Mint about 10 minutes after the NBN guy left to say I was set to switch modems, and as the modem was preconfigured, simply plug and play, I was online straight away. I ran a speed test and am receiving 49mbps download and 19mbps upload, so wrapped.
Thanks Mint!
And good-bye big telcos!! I'm just not that into you anymore!!! :-D

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Dee, Really pleased to hear the installation went well, that's one part we can't 100% control and NBN directly manage. And yes, preconfiguring our modems makes it dead easy to get up and going! ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Local Excellence! Don't look any further...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

After less than impressive experiences with other internet providers in the past, we decided to look for a new provider for NBN (fibre to node) when we returned home after being overseas for a year. My husband did some research and the choice was pretty clear: Mint Telecom had great reviews, the price was right and we could support a local business. We believed that trying to organise connection from overseas would be impossible, especially with only 7 days' notice. Enter: Mint Telecom and Kelvin. What a seamless process! We organised everything remotely, picked up our new modem on they day we moved back into our house, plugged it in and everything has been fantastic. I can't recall any drop-outs in 4 weeks so far. My husband has also conducted a number of speed tests and Mint are delivering the speeds they said they would. Kelvin was fantastic, incredibly responsive and informative. He has also been in touch since to check everything was going well. Don't look any further, these guys are fantastic!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Flic, We do work very hard on the onboarding process and preconfigured modems are a big part of that. Just makes it easier to plug it in and get online. Glad to hear it all went well and Kelvin ... read more »

Sydney

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great connection and service in inner city Sydney.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

After battling through a year on a dodgy Optus ADSL2+ connection, with <2 mbps speeds and >500 ms ping on a regular basis, we switched to Mint in August after reading great reviews all over the internet. I was a bit doubtful at first, as the reviews seemed so consistently good, but my fears were unjustified. Set up took only a week from the date Optus advised our telephone line was disconnected, and I received multiple updates on the progress of the connection set up.

We have the Premium connection, meaning our data is capped at 500 gb, but we enjoy much faster and more reliable speeds. Ourconnection is now reliably above 5 mbps during peak hours, and usually at least 10 mbps with around 20 ms ping. We are a household of gamers, but have only experienced a handful of ping spikes while playing in the evening.

Michael, Mint's CEO, was the first staff member I spoke to and has been incredibly helpful throughout the process, offering ample information while I was only scoping out Mint as an option. He has been very available for questions, making it easy to suss out whether Mint was what we wanted.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Clara, It is an interesting point you flag in that because we focus so heavily on service and there are minimal poor reviews (there will always be some items we can't fix!), we do sometimes enco... read more »

Perth

• 10 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 17 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The best in the business!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

My connection to the NBN today went amazingly smoothly with a bit of tweaking by Grant and Kelvin, and was up and running in about 10 minutes! Yippeeee!! I had been quite apprehensive about leaving my reliable ADSL connection of 8 years with the same RSP and heading off into the unchartered waters of the NBN, especially after the nightmare experiences of some of my friends with the larger telcos. With the ADSL cut-off date looming early next year, I had spent a lot of time researching the best RSP to go with as the customer service of my long-term RSP had taken a nosedive after a takeover, and the bad reviews by people switching to the NBN with them didn’t inspire my confidence enough to make me want to stay with them.

From my initial inquiry, Michael, Grant and Kelvin answered every question patiently and comprehensively, and there was no hard sell involved when I said I was going to go away and think things over before signing up. When I got back to them with a request which other ISPs had said was impossible, i.e. keeping the same VOIP landline number during a broadband disconnection period of two months (as I was going away on holiday and wanted to cut off my ADSL before I left and have the NBN connected on my return) and then have my landline reconnected simultaneously with the NBN, I was assured that it wouldn’t be a problem. Mint was as good as their word, and I was delighted that my original landline number was reconnected today so that the oldies without mobiles and relies overseas using phone cards can phone me without incurring the high charges one gets when phoning a mobile.

A couple of initial hiccups (my PC not recognising the new modem and my Outlook email being blocked by Google) were ironed out quickly and efficiently by Grant and Kelvin even though the second issue had nothing to do with the NBN, but was Google being over-zealous in protecting my account from a new unrecognised IP address. Grant was quickly able to access my PC and modem remotely using TeamViewer and change the settings so that my PC could connect to the modem. For convenience, he even renamed my SSID and changed my password from the ones which came with the modem to the ones I used for my previous RSP so that I didn't have to remember/record new login details!

I’m absolutely delighted that I decided to make the change to a smaller and more personal RSP. Mint has been fantastic and made what I had thought a few months ago was going to be a total ordeal into a non-event. I was kept informed by SMS and email every step of the way as to what was happening, date of connection, how to connect the modem, and finally early this morning I received an SMS advising that my NBN connection had been made followed by a phone call shortly after from Grant to offer any assistance in connecting the modem. It’s fantastic to find a local company providing such wonderful personal customer service, and to get one of the same three people on the phone when you contact them, also to have the phone answered almost immediately and not get put on hold forever as one does with other RSPs. I was so impressed by their customer service before my NBN connection that I have been singing their praises to my friends, and can now confirm after my NBN connection that they are the best RSP in the business today and the only ones to choose!

The service itself is impressive: I signed up for 25 mbps and am getting 23.45 mbps.

Thanks so much, guys – you’re doing a fabulous job!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Arcadia10, That is certainly a comprehensive review of your process to sign up with us! As you have highlighted, we do focus very heavily on service and that coupled with our experience means we... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Old fashioned customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of Mint Telecom. Having been with another larger telco with poor customer service and lousy nbn it was refreshing to get some great service.
I signed up at 11am, 1pm notified that my modem had been dispatched and by 3pm the service was activated.

Highly recommend.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Stu, Customer service and products that work are definitely our focus. With the right systems and processes there really is no need for a standard connection to take a long time. Glad to hear a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

So happy with my switch!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I couldn't be happier with my recent switch to Mint Telecom. I came with a problem that my previous provider was not able to resolve in 3 months! Mint Telecom customer service had it isolated within a week! It is also a pleasure and relief that I consistently dealt with the same person, so we did not have to reinvent the wheel with every call. The quick and easily set up ADSL connection has a good speed with double the data allowance I had previously for the same price. If you are struggling with your current provider or simply looking for a reliable, efficient, friendly and helpful local company, I highly recommend Mint Telecom!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Akindomo, One of the big differences with us is you are never dealing with someone in an overseas call centre or with minimal experience. Whilst Mint is only a bit over 2 years old we have been... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

You are not a number (I love'um)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Mint telecom. The very best costume service I've come across whether it's the uk or aus no one comes close to matching them for costumer satisfaction. Mint take the time and will walk you through what you need to do.
You are mint!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Mat,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback is exactly what we strive for with regard to service and support out of Hobart.
Glad to hear its all working well and thanks again for taking the time to provide the feedback.

New Town

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great customer service and fast reliable network

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Great customer service. Great price for the speed and GB. Fast set up by installer. Have no drop outs. Recommended internet dealer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Delle,
Glad to hear it all went with for the installation and that you appreciate our service out of Hobart.
Thanks for taking the time to provide the recommendation, its much appreciated.

Langwarrin

• 2 comments
  • 11 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Absolutely Fabulous Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

We have recently switched from a major telco, after continuing problems with the internet and loss of landline phone services.
The service from Michael and the staff has been absolutely fabulous. They have been helpful with any query, did what they said they were going to do & we have been switched over with our landline and NBN and have had no problems whatsoever! Not being a computer buff, there was a slight problem with our landline, but one phone call to Kel and 2 minutes later we had connection.
Congratulations to the MINT Team, you deserve your five star rating. Actually would have given you a higher rating had there been more stars to give!
First class Customer Service, First class feedback in giving step by step instructions and advice. Just amazing Telco and Australian owned, which is a huge bonus.
Just a pity they do not do mobile service, otherwise they would have had all my business.
Once again, thank you for making the switch so effortless.
Our business will be yours for life!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Sue, Really pleased to hear that the changeover was smooth and that all the problems that were previously being experienced with a different provider are not evident with us. NBN really is one o... read more »

Hurstville

• 1 question

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I had the ADSL connected yesterday and had trouble with MAC configurations (internal) phoned for help and a gentleman talked me through the process. The process was handled efficiently and I even got a SMS later that evening just to see if everything was working and if I was happy. The whole process from start to finish was handled with old fashion service. I am recommending to all my work colleagues.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ming, We do think operating from Hobart is our secret. Nice and easy to reach and deal with, which when coupled with our years of experience makes the process as simple as possible. Glad to hear... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

No mess no fuss, just good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I got connected to the nbn recently. These guys we're really helpful and made it super easy. I'm a bit of a noob but they sorted it all out with no worries

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Hazza, We try to make it as simple as possible to get online and preconfiguring our modems so that they just need plugging in are a big part of that. Operating from Hobart also makes it easy to ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great to deal with Aussies again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Once NBN was rolled out into my area I was faced with the dreaded task of finding a provider.
A mate who has his own business which relies heavily on reliable internet suggested mint.
The next day I gave them a call and was soon signed up with the new pre configured modem in the mail.
I was left wondering if their was a catch as this type of thing shouldn't be so easy.
A bit over a week later I recieved a text from mint telling me my connection was ready to go. Out came the new modem, plugged it in, signed into the new network and we were away. Not even I could stuff it up!
The next day I recieved an E-mail from the Customer care Manager asking if everything was up and running ok. I replied "all good thanks" and with in a couple of minutes he replied back with a few tips if something does go wrong.
You don't get that sort of personal service much these days!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Wilko, 99% of the time NBN installations are pretty effortless. Obviously with such a large infrastructure project there are always exceptions and it can be difficult as we don't manage the act... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mint Telecom Team are 1st Class!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I have just had the NBN connected by Mint and I can't have been more pleased with the service that I have received. I put a lot of time into looking at which was the best NBN provider to go with by looking at all the deals, reviews and spoke to friends about their experiences. I was also a bit wary of a smaller provider but now I am so glad I did. Mint delivered with everything they promised and nothing was a bother. I am not very tech savvy and their customer service is 1st class. Thanks to all the team at Mint Telecom.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Ian, Really pleased to hear it all went well for you. We may be smaller, however experience is what we believe matters most and with over 30+ years in the industry across our senior leadership... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Mint Telecom are ACE! Can't go beyond!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

MInt Telecom were absolutely fantastic to deal with. One comment from us and their rep had a trail of inquiries lodged on our behalf, all ending with a NBN connection up and running when all other telco companions told us NBN was off the cards. I can't recommend these guys enough. We had people working on our side when all other telecom companies had waved a white flag of surrender. You won't be disappointed. A person/client friendly business who have your best interests at heart.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Will, Its amazing what a difference common sense and experience can make in the process of getting connected. Really pleased to get sorted for you and to get you online. Thanks for taking the t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Mint team are perfect./

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Had to move to the NBN quickly because of letter from Optus. Mint did everything promptly and with no hassle to me. Connected in 2 weeks. Australian call centre is worth gold.
Many thanks to Mint.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mint Telecom Official

Hi Grandy, Whilst we don't control the process to connect, as that is managed by NBN Co directly, we do work very hard on making sure everything within our control is actioned as quickly and effici... read more »

5 of 11 pages