Box hill

does not work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

The gel once applied takes along time to dry . It doesn't work any where near as good as the cream . The cap and applicator are covered in gel and once you close it and reopen you can see the wasted gel in the cap. I had to reapply during the day and I still found it did not work . Will not buy again . Will go back to the cream version .

Purchased at: Priceline

Model: Powder Fresh

Red sore, weeping rash appeared

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Recently tried Mitchum powder fresh. After using for 2/3 days a sore red weeping rash appeared. Stopped use immediately. I have tried a number of other brands of deodorant and find this rash appears with every one. Have given up using any deoporant as nothing works for me.

Absolutely useless.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I usually buy Rexona clinical protection for women but this product was on special and promised similar results with no white stains under the armpits so I gave it a shot for about a week. The product consistently took an impractical amount of time to dry so I generally had to apply a bit extra, chuck a shirt on and hope for the best. It had absolutely NO effect on perspiration or smell. Within a few days of using, after my usual clinical protection deodorant had worn off and using this one, it was like I wasn't wearing either an antiperspirant or a deodorant. I won't be buying this product ever again.

Purchased at: Coles Online

Model: Powder Fresh

Useless rubbish. Poor manufacturing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I just removed Mitchum Clinical from the packaging. The turning mechanism didn't work. I tried one more attempt, then it worked but the cap holding the deodorant had pushed off. It had completely broken off. I can't use it at all.
This is the first time I bought Mitchum Clinical and it will be the last. I will go back to buying " Dove - Clinical Protection" as it is a MUCH better product design and quality.

Didn’t work at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Much more gel came out than required with even the smallest turn of the base. Took ages to dry and I found it had no effect on perspiration or scent reduction at all.

• 3 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Goes on wet stays wet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

I'm a mitchum cream stick deodorant fan for about 3 years now. Yes its more expensive but in this qld weather it works to perfection. Lasts longer and I've stuck to it so to speak. So I trot off to woolies to buy another, on special for $10, usually $14ish. Score. My daughter mentioned she bought a gel one by mistake as the box wasn't clear and she hated it.
I hadn't seen nor heard of a gel one. So i finally opened the new one the other day to use and discovered new clear gel! Oh no.
The box is the same as the normal one with gel, written under the name. So far I'm not liking this, the gel comes out of three rather large holes, if i was plastering it would be useful. So i tried it anyway, being out of my cream stick and after applying it, it didn't dry, i had to roam around the house like an eagle soaring, arms up waiting for it to dry! Yeah what a sight.
So after ten minutes of this, yes i waited that long, I swear if there was a peeping tom at my window he would have run off screaming seeing me.
I put my arms down and it was still wet so i had to get dressed and drive for and hour. All the way I could feel the wetness.
Sooo this one doesn't work! It also leaks out of the holes into the lid when the weather is overly warm! Yep, big mistake that one.
Doesn't work, stays wet and leaks, hmm could be my old man lol
So all in all be aware that mitchum have 2 different types and stear clear of the gel. I'm off to ring the number on the packet, probably can't access it but having a try, to complain about my wasted $14. Damn i threw out the receipt!
Not happy mitchum!

Model: Powder Fresh

Lie it but can't use it too hard to twist

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

I like this product but needed to buy another brand. Mitchums twisting mechanism is hard to use, I have three on the go but can't twist them so I bought the rexona and have no problems with that. Fix the twist and I will buy again.

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Before trying the gel, I used the Mitchum Clinical cream deodorant which is BRILLIANT - I only apply it twice a week. I decided to try the gel version - total utter waste of money. My armpits are sweaty and smell. This product is not even as effective as normal non-clinical deodorant. I'm ringing the company to get my money back How this product made it onto the market, I don't know. The test group must have been povo uni students who lied about how great it was to make some extra cash. DO NOT BUY IT.

Irritation/rash

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I have used this brand for years and very happy with it. I thought I would try the gel but within 48 hours my underarms started itching and I developed a rash. I immediately stopped using it and the rash has started to disappear - how disappointing!

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Powder Fresh

There's a reason why this was on special

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Usually use the Rexona Clinical but saw this on special at Priceline and thought I'd give it a go. What a waste of money! Claims protection for 48 hours but I'd be surprised if it even worked for 8 hours. Takes an eternity to dry when applied, & have found myself smelling of sweat even on cold winter days. In contrast to other reviews, the ball is TOO easy to turn - I keep taking the lid off to find blobs of gel already sitting on the top. I don't think I will persist with using this product any longer. Back to the trusty Rexona.

Purchased at: Priceline

Worst deodorant ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

I was happy with my nivea deodorant black and White spray saw mitchum advanced 48 hour protection shower fresh on shelf and thought I would try it. After applying after shower within half hour I was smelling of BO have returned to my tried and tested.

Model: Gel

Love it, works great on post baby BO

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Had so much trouble finding a deodorant that worked after baby number 3, and that didn't turn my under arms brown and dry. Mitchum gel works wonders, doesn't last 48 hours,but easily lasts 24 and stops me smelling at all. Easy to use and you only have to use a little bit so it goes a long way.

• 10 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 80 helpful votes

Rash, ominous safety warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

This product produced a rash the first time I used it. There was also no reduction in sweat. I have used Mitchum roll-on with much better results.

The label states: "Ask a doctor before use if you have kidney disease." I wonder what's in it that affects renal function.

I used Dove Clinical before this, and it does not contain such an ominous warning.

What a waste of money.

Hervey bay

Model: Pure Fresh

Rubbish

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

Doesn't work for me sadly. Smells great on application but a few hours into my day & I already smell sweaty. Purchased this instead of the rexona clinical or natural deodorant I normally use. Won't be purchasing again. Winding mechanism on the bottom is stiff & also hard to turn. Waste of money for me, I'll be Sticking with my usual brands next time.

Engadine

Model: Powder Fresh

Will never use or recommend this product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

3 polo tops have been ruined from using this product. Colour has been bleached out not only underarms but where gel has come in contact on body of tops. Product is also very sticky and takes a while to dry.

• 1 comment

Model: Gel

Stained and bleached my new top using this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Put a brand new top on to wear to work after applying this gel deodorant and within a hour I noticed it had started to affect the colour of my shirt making it go yellow under the arms and it permanently stained it now the shirt is non wearable

Disappointing product

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I have used other Mitchum dedorants previously and been happy with their products but this one failed. Unpleasant gooey feeling, unappealing scent and it is the only dedorant that still allowed me to smell sweaty after use. It doesn't leave white marks on clothes but it does leaves wet ones. Poor product.☹️

Deodorant is great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

The winding mechanism is hopeless to use just too hard to wind. Waste of time and money. I am strong and workout but having terrible trouble winding the bottom a older person with no muscle strength could not wind this

• 14 helpful votes

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

I bought this because I am allergic to Aluminium Chloride and this product doesn't contain it. I found the claim that it is a "Clinical" gel and of the 48 hour protection claim got my attention. I didn't take much note on the first time use, but the second time around found it smelt very sweaty (maybe because I applied it when I was sweaty the first time). Unfortunately the sweaty smell lingered (not sure if that was for 48 hours...) but it was embarrassing, considering I applied it just after a shower and before quickly going to work... I really wouldn't recommend this product, considering its expensive price tag for a product that doesn't work. I would take the speed stick any day... Although I am looking for an alternative to a speed stick as it cause build up on the skin over time...

Just read hmk review about also experiencing the sweaty smell too, so it wasn't me after all...

Model: Powder Fresh

Like the product, if I can get it to roll up!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2017

The mechanism to turn the actual deodorant up where it can be used, is sooooooo difficult to turn. I have to call my husband, and he has experienced help, and so we have resorted to using a foam type gripper (used to keep plates, etc., without moving (i.e. for stroke patients).......to try and turn the mechanism. Can't keep this up, so will change products, but, if we can't get the mechanism to work, there must be lots and lots of others experiencing the same challenge.

Too bad, I liked the product!

1 of 3 pages