Verified Purchase Model: DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Perfect air-con covering two room's area

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Happy with the colling performance. The unit is quiet. Installation was held by an independent installer - back-to-back. The unit is easy to use. Convenient Sleep function.
Got the quotation from Gumtree, the installer sells the units and kindly gave me a cash back voucher. I even got $100 back.

Model: DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Good little split system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

This unit has been installed into a larger bedroom with high ceilings (approx 18m^2) and has performed very well considering it's smaller size. The system cools the room quickly and quietly and has made it through the worst of summer with no hiccups.
Only issue is the back-to-back installation gives some audible vibrations when under heavy load, but suspect this is more to do with the location of the installation rather than any issue with the unit.

Verified Purchase Model: DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Good model. Low on power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Very good model. Got it when it was during the clearance period. Very powerful for a small unit and energy efficient.
It's very quiet compared to the Fujitsu 2.5kw model which I have in my bedroom.

Power consumption on high is about 600kw (base on my solar power smart meter).

Feature wise, this unit comes with 3D fan blades where it can go up and down, left and right.

The only downside for this unit is that, the gas is the older form which is not too environmental friendly.

Sydney

Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

This unit has only been in use for a short time, but very happy with the performance. Easy to operate, looks good on the inside as well as the outside very neat and tidy. Cools the house beautifully, cannot comment on heating as we are in the summer season.Our installer stated that our electricity bill will be lower, cheaper to run in the winter months as opposed to gas heating which we now use.. One happy customer!

• 1 question

Model: DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best ever after we had to replace our air con!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Deliberated whether to go with the 8kW or 9.2kW and am so happy we choose the bigger model. Heats up all the areas we need! Very quiet too. Also very happy with the the person who did the installation! Kept instructions simple. Was VERY happy we had this air con the recent 40+ degree day in Melbourne!

• 1 helpful vote

Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Quiet and easy installation. Good guys arranged it all. I chose big one cos I thought I'd never have to upgrade or be hot again. Probably bought too big it's a powerful machine. Easy to use, simple instructions. Temp control. Has whizz bang features I like the cold house one the best!

Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great unit - complicated controls

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Unfortunately had to replace an old email air system that would have done at least 25 years, but fortunately found this amazingly quiet Mitsubishi split system. It covers my lounge room with ease. The worst problem is there are a million settings on the remote control... Mitsubishi can you please simplify that device as it's horrid and it takes two presses of the on button to get the machine working...once again it is a dream machine when operating

Wheatbelt

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 9 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Model: DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Need to feel it cool and hot all in the room

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I had this unit installed as my old Aircon packed up, so the Electrician recommended getting the Mitsubishi and they buy them in only to install as they said they have not had any problems with them. But I have moved the direction that the air comes into the room and if you sit in front you feel it but my seat is at the side and I don't feel it, so bit disappointed but I don't think I would buy another if any of my others pack up.

Model: DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Top of the Line. Another excellent product from MHI

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

These units are top of the line. Surprised how quiet the 8.0kw unit is. Have it mounted on the living room wall and cannot hear it from inside at any level. Have used MHI throughout our whole house and never had a problem. The way the outdoor unit is constructed seems like a bit stronger than normal split systems, like a commercial unit.

Model: DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Cool and warm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

We wanted to get an air-con that actually works. The previous one we got never really cools down the room after some time. This model works. And it's easy to use. The remote control makes it so much easier. It has no noise but the installation fees were high. You should call around for installation before settling.

Port Macquarie

• 7 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Quiet Air Conditioner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

The recent hot summer convinced me to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom/ensuite. Having recently bought a Mitsubishi fridge, I decided to stick to a Mitsubishi Air Con. The installation went very smoothly, thanks to easy access to a balcony via the top of my built in wardrobe. The unit is very quiet & cools the room down quickly. I generally turn it on about 30 minutes before I go to bed & turn it off after reading in bed for another 30 minutes, before going to sleep. I use similar timing when using the heating in winter. The remote works well & the air con holds the temperature well, once the room is up or down to the set temp.

Very happy with this air con!

Sydney, Australia

Model: DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Nice AC, cools the living area well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

We purchased this AC for installation at an investment property. It was installed in the living room of the granny flat & has been cooling not only the living area but also the bedroom if the bedroom door is kept opened. Tenants are pretty happy with the choice & so are we :)

Verified Purchase Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Fantastic air con, very quiet and so cool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

This air con is perfect for our open plan living/kitchen/dining room (total area roughly 80m²). Very quiet, easy to use, keeps us cool during the summer. Highly recommend this air con for anyone looking for one, great brand and company. Modern looking design also blends in well with our modern room settings.

Lake Macquarie

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers

Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Saved our lives summer of 2017!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

It is so quiet. I have to check if it's on. Very easy to use. It is the best air/con I have ever had. I was surprised how economical it is. My electricity bill was much cheaper after summer than other years. Now it is colder I am impressed how quickly it heats the room.

Port Mcquarie

• 1 review

Model: DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Simply Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

My new Mitsubishi Air- Con is a replacement for a failed different brand model and is simply wonderful. Thanks to it's cool quiet performance my hubby and I can get through this summer's awful heatwave in absolute comfort. The installation process was quick with zero problems and the unit is easy to use. I already had a smaller Mitsubishi air con in my bedroom so it was a logical choice to replace the old other brand with another Mitsubishi. Thank you for a great product.

Howlong

• 4 answers

Verified Purchase Model: DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Peaceful summer sleep at last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

My main bedroom and its window face north and so gets quite hot in summer. Unfortunately the house is built such a way that this room is isolated and there's no through-breeze. Perhaps strangely, I’ve never owned an air-con unit before as I thought they would be very expensive to buy and more so to run. Before fitting the unit, I tried reflective sheets stuck to the window, exterior blinds, curtains, plantation blinds and a self-fitted ceiling fan all with varying degrees of success but never the complete answer. I had the unit fitted by the local and trusted electrician and as usual he’s done a superb job. The instruction booklet looks daunting but if you've ever programmed a DVR before it's a doddle - if in difficulty, find yourself a child of five as they’re usually switched on to this sort of thing. It's also not written in 'oriental-English' so setting up was straight forward. The graphics on the controller are very clear in showing especially how the directional louvres are set. I rely primarily on the 'sleep' function - one press of the button equals one hour's running time.

After browsing the internet, I found that most recommended a room temperature of 85-87ºF (being American) or, sensibly, 26-27ºC. This may seem rather high but I can only ask you to try it - and find that ain't so. There really is no need to 'crank it up' - just be patient - the room will cool down, the unit will last longer and you'll use less power. The unit itself is the proverbial whisper quiet. If the weather is particularly oppressive and I wake up in the night, I just do the 'biz' with the sleep button. Luckily, I don't need to have the unit running all night and so there's very little change in my electricity bill. I don’t intend to use it for heating in the winter as I expect my donnas and ‘hottie’ to again work their magic - anyway my girlie dog snuggles up to me when its cold. Instead of all the prior mucking about, I only wish I’d bought an air-con unit years ago.

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

So So Cold

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

We love this aircon. Living in QLD it's bloody hot. We put this in the bedroom and are now having the most awesome night sleep in a lovely cold room. It's a quiet unit and came with rust protection and pest repellent. The only problem is we can't get the kids out of our room now.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers

Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Excellent since new

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Bought 7.1kw split system in October 2014. Never had a problem. I don't understand some people complaining about it. I keep the filters clean and the installation was perfect. Cools great in summer and warms well in winter. The self cleaning mode is great. It's also Geco proof. This a/c has served me well and in its 3rd year without a hassle. I've owned Panasonic previously and replaced it after 7 years. Mitsubishi Heavy industries make industrial sized air conditioners and ranked first on this area. They've been around for over 70 years, and they know how to make a/c. The one I have is the Hyperinverter and it saves electricity. Very economical to run.

Model: DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

A great unit especially for heating, but works very well for cooling too. We have less need for the cooling in Ballarat but find it is very effective when needed. We had good advice about installation and made sure the outside unit was elevated as a previous unit used to freeze up when below zero. Make sure you get the right installer - we did!

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

Mitsubishi, worst after sales service EVER !

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

We purchased 5 MHI split system air cons in July last year. From new, the largest one (DXK28ZMA) emitted a droning sound at low RPM, audible at the other end of our house, especially at night when its very quiet. We called MHI and they sent out a hungover contractor who told my wife it was a normal inverter noise, complete rubbish> We then called the installer who eventually got the WA state manager to come out, a very unhelpful and disinterested chap who eventually admitted the noise was not normal and it had happened before, he said he would get a fix from Mitsubishi japan, this turned out to be a fob off and a lie, 8 months later we are still getting nowhere with MHI and am about to submit a complaint to Consumer protection. Yes, when the air cons are working they are very good, but we have had 8 Mitsubishi air cons over 5 years and have had trouble with 4 of them. There are plenty of other options without having to settle for a company that won't back their product.

1 of 2 pages