• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Best fridge I've ever owned!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

Bought this fridge 2 and half years ago after we moved into our new house and I couldn't be happier!! I am someone who loves storage and for things to have their own spot. All the compartments in this fridge makes it so easy to organize my food. The last drawer is a big veggie drawer and it's soo practical to have that much space for your veggies. I haven't seen any other fridge like that.
We love our fridge and it looks pretty stylish too!! Expensive, but money well spent in my opinion.

Purchased at: Fridge & Washer City

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Really happy-Worth every cent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Simple, logical fridge.
Seperate compartments are the key.
All compartments do as directed.
Easy to load
Easy accessibility
Unnervingly silent
Simple unplumbed ice maker works well.
The big 655L is a great size for us, (we enjoy entertaining). We do have a seperate wine fridge.
Purchased 18 months ago and no problems.
The problematic area is that our 2L milk containers are a tight fit.
Layout is fully functional. Split trays in freezer and veggie crisper work well.
Love the additional freezer/fridge compartment,
Which I use for homemade pasta or frozen homemade meals..
My only disappointment is the E&S Trading rep’s has no idea how the fridge worked and could give us little advice. I expected more from them.

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Love this giant fridge that fits into a medium space!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Absolutely love our new fridge! Capacity is phenomenal and all the different compartments make like so much easier! The separate veggie bin is an absolute wonder! Once you have one, you’ll never expect any less. The ice maker is also fantastic and no need for additional plumbing! Even if you don’t need a new fridge, go out and buy one of these!

Bunbury

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Perfect for braking foods into different sections but should have bought next size up

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Our Mitsubishi MR is perfect for storing things in different compartments making it easy to open only to part of the fridge or freezer you need things from rather than opening the entire door! Would have given it full stars but one star deducted because we should have bought the next size up as sometes after a single shop we fill it up to the max and wish we had a little more room

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 1 helpful vote

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Japanese Quality Fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

I don't know where to start, this fridge is just a dream. For one it's not noisy at all, you can even hear a pin drop standing next to it. Secondly, the way the compartments have been designed, is perfect for organising foods. The ultra-cool touch display allows for easy and quick changes to temperature. The Versa drawer is a smart touch, which can be a freezer or fridge depending on what is needed. I love the ice drawer, such a great feature for those who don't want to spend thousands installing pipes. Not to mention, the stylish design. This fridge is perfect in every way.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Verified Purchase Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: May 2017

Best fridge ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

We moved into an apartment and wanted a fridge that had the most storage and it also had to look good and this fit the bill. The ice maker is amazing as is the Soft Freeze drawer. Heaps of space in the drawers. Already planning on buying another for our new apartment in WA.

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Very good small fridge.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

We bought this size because we did not need a big one when we live in very close to the shops. I liked the ice maker does not need plumbing connection, too.
I like the small section for light freeze, I am using it to store meat & I can slice the meat very thin after lightly freeze it. I love the large vegetable section which I can store some large drink bottle as well.

Purchased at: RT Edwards

Goulburn

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Exceeded expectations in most areas

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

The excellent performance and longevity of our prior Mitsubishi fridge made that brand our first choice for a new fridge. the position of the fridge in the kitchen made a double door model the most obvious choice, but the height of the space limited the size of the model. The fridge scores highly in its ability to keep food fresh, especially fruit and vegetables; its quietness and the ice compartment. The ability to quickly chill/freeze compartments is also useful. Whereas the capacity of the fridge was the same as the prior model, its compartmentalisation and the icemaker means the actual usable space seems less and therefore more of challenge to fit things in. However, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Hence if choosing such a fridge my experience suggests that if your current fridge is a conventional one, you will probably need one of larger capacity,

Darwin, NT

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

High tech Japanese product - outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

I have had this refrigerator for the past month, and it replaced a Miele. I purchased this model because of the positive reviews and it made ice! I also live in Florida USA, and many US refrigerators have "plumbed in" ice makers. My experience with refrigerators is extensive because of owning properties and my current life in the Australian tropics (Darwin - 11ºS latitude) and temperate USA (Florida is NOT tropical..humid and temperate).

Firstly, it maintains the correct temperature in its different sections or "rooms" as Mitsubishi calls them.
Secondly, the ice maker is very good and provides a drawer full of ice blocks.
Thirdly, the main freezer drawer works very well and ice cream is very hard.
Fourthly, the "soft freezer drawer" is an innovation where one can keep items at -º1C and not rock hard, such as bacon or ham, and quickly defrost for use.
Finally, the vegetable drawer maintains humidity and vegetables do keep longer.

Overall, this is an outstanding fridge, however I have a major caveat - beware!

Clearly this Mitsubishi refrigerator is very sophisticated and is supplied with an extensive and detailed "operational manual". Like all things Japanese, it is NOT made for a person who thinks one "plugs in fridge and forgets". NO! You have to program each of the compartments (one can set finely the temperature for each "room") , and as you use the fridge, instruct the fridge as one loads other items into the fridge.

Downside - it does not provide a digital read-out of the temperature for each room - I used a digital thermometer to monitor and found the temperature readings to be correct.

So far I have found this Mitsubishi fridge to be outstanding...and note it has a 10 year guarantee on its compressor.

28March18 -> Am very pleased with the fridge's performance so far....noted that it maps one's use and it is "active" in the early hours of the morning around 4AM...

Sydney

• 15 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Perfect in every respect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Now nearly 2 years old and hasn't missed a beat. The best thing about it for me is the little Versa drawer (not sure what it is for) but its the perfect drawer to put a few bottles of white wine in and chills them very quickly. I also like the warning beeps if a drawer or door is not fully closed.

Purchased at: Aus-Appliances

Brisbane

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Just wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

It platinum, it looks good and it has draws just great
2 years in and still going brilliantly . Love the ice maker, love the freezer two way draws. I love and my friend and family love it too. I had a certain area to fit ,
My fridge and this was one of the only ones available, so lucky with it.

Lane Cove, NSW

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Aaaaammmmmaaaazzzziiiinnnnnnggggg!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

would definitely buy again if I had my time over...

lots of compartments, adjustable shelf height, ice maker and also compartments that have multiple possibilities or the ability to turn compartments off.

The fridge is highly configurable and there is not much more I would ask of it... If I had more space I would of got the larger model, but 3 years in and it is safe to say I would definite buy another Mitsubishi Fridge

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best Fridge, worth the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I find this fridge to be great. I love all the options you have with different temperatures in various compartments. I also am a huge fan of the ice maker and compartment. The soft freeze drawer has been helpful on many occasions. The interior is spacious and we haven't run out of room yet. It does take a little while to get used to the produce being on the bottom. .

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Aug 2013

The best refrigerator I've ever used.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Although it does not feel great from the outside, it feels really big inside. Internal design is reasonable, whether it is frozen or refrigerated, to maximize the fresh things. It runs very quiet & very power-saving, cleaning up is also very simple.The refrigerator was originally produced in Japan, the quality is great.

Christchurch

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Not what we expected

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

We purchased this and had high hopes. We were disappointed. Our old fridge (different brand) died on us, hence the need for a new one. We purchased this one because of the thin carcass, meaning that we could fit more "fridge" in the standard space. This one met all our requirements, until we filled it up with fresh vegetables. The vege drawer is rubbish and just rots the food. You're lucky if anything lasts a week. We are constantly throwing out vegetables that would have lasted a lot longer in our old fridge (had it not died of old age). I wouldn't recommend this fridge to anyone purely because of the vege compartment. The bottle shelf in the door was not designed for big bottles of milk either.
On the plus side, it is quiet, the versa drawer is fantastic, and it's nice to have an icemaker that doesn't need to be plumbed in.

I wouldn't recommend it.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: May 2017

A place for everything and everything in its place :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

Love the design. Organised space. Initially thought is would be small but with separate space for fruit, veg, cheese, ice, ice cream, frozen items, bottles, etc, the only thing left on the fridge shelf is last night's leftovers!
I have organised it a bit more (if that's even possible!) by placing three Decor Tellfresh 4Litre containers side by side in the veg drawer (they fit perfectly) to keep veg separated from each other. I also kept the two old egg trays from my old fridge to keep in this fridge shelf (as we buy lots of eggs). I keep water bottles and soft drink cans in the front section of the veg drawer. I use the disposable low plastic containers 500ml and 750ml rom Coles to freeze things as you can easily stack 2 in the top freezer tray. Love the quick cool option after shopping trip and the quick ice making in case I forget to fill the water tub. The veg definitely stay fresher much longer than they did in our old fridge.
I would have gone for the bigger fridges from Mitsubishi Electric just for a bigger freezer section but this was the only fridge that fit in our older design kitchen with dedicated enclosed space for fridge.

The only issue I'm having is that the top tray in the main freezer section gets stuck at the back most of the time and doesn't automatically slide out when I open the freezer.

• 2 questions
  • 10 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Smaller freezer space than what you imagine for the stated size

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

I love all the compartments in this fridge particularly the huge fruit and vegetable drawer with the top tray or more delicate fruits like avocados and peaches. The ice maker is exceptional as you don't have to plumb the fridge to water and it has a separate draw. All compartments can be individually programmed. The extra freezer drawer is a bonus. The main freezer drawer is a let down as it is hard to reach things at the rear and is difficult to stack without items getting caught on the top slide tray. The 2 small doors for the fridge section also make access to the inside a bit cumbersome. One door for the fridge would be perfect. Despite this I wouldn't swap it. I love it!

Purchased at: Bing Lee

• 14 helpful votes

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: May 2016

Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Looks amazing, very quiet, love the ice maker, and the versa draw is handy, very unusual to have the vegetables at the bottom draw but getting used to it.
However you need a degree to be able to work it out, and keep it on the temperature you want, but the after sales support is good, they try.
It was expensive and for that sort of money, a light in the fridge/ freezer would have been nice !! I suppose we expected it to deliver the promises of the sales hype, which was a fridge that goes the extra mile, a fridge that it keeps the veg and fruit fresher than other fridges. We have thrown out more food in the past 18 months than we have in the past 18 years with our Samsung fridge.

Model: MR-EX655W-N-A (655L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Beautiful and stylish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

My sister just installed a new kitchen inspired by this beautiful fridge its the talking piece everytime Its quiet food looks fresher than ever and it practically cleans itself. She has made a great choice im inspired now to go and buy myself the same fridge for xmas cant wait

• 3 helpful votes

Model: MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light) Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Amazing Fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

The look of the fridge is a little odd but functionality, space and performance are fabulous.
The fridge has a compartment for everything and when you adjust your practice and put things where they belong it works really well.
It's quiet and apart every now and then you hear the ice fall into the compartment that provides regular ice. You need to regularly fill a jug with water that sits in the main fridge compartment. An easy task.
The main compartment has french doors that each have double bottle compartments in the doors. The main body of the fridge allows for large pots and cakes to be placed within it and it has a push back shelf as well as an adjustable shelf that raises and lowers.
The freezer is located in the second bottom compartment so you don't need to bend down. You also have a double shelf within the freezer that makes locating items easy.
I love the vegetable crisper because it's large and has a second shelf as well as keeps food dry so they don't rot.
In the central compartment is a mini freezer section which is handy for foods that don't need to freeze rock hard.
The space I had to fit a fridge in wouldn't fit most large volume fridges but this fridge has a special cooling system that allows for less thick walls so it fit within the space I had rather than go down in capacity to a 400 ltr fridge. I highly recommend this fridge.

Purchased at: Stan Cash