melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Nov 2016

sure fire winner, japanese quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

this is the best fridge I have ever owned. It keeps constant temperature and the controls are on the outside..never had to adjust them yet, except to see what they do. i did a lot of research, read all the Whirlpool (blog site for product reviews, like this one) site.
Every review was positive and people really happy. I was going to buy an LG but had one previously, it was very noisy. The Mitsubishi is so quiet I forget its there. I dont have any negatives, other than its big..doorways are a challenge but dont care. TOTALLY 100% in love with my fridge. And its 2 years later.

Model: MR-L710EH Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best fridge ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I love the super wide door shelves, i bought the full size, so glad I didn’t buy the mini. I can fit buckets of peaches in the fridge in summer, so much room and freezer section good size. Maintains good cold temperatures. I love the ice compartment, so simple, but works. I use fridge boxes to utilise some of the shelf space. Mitsubishi fridges are powerhouse units.
I got the price down by working between radio rental and HN

Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great family fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

We bought this fridge for our family of four. It has plenty of room for everything we need. The fruit and veg area is well layed out so we can even store watermelon in the crisper, kept with the fruit. Wide enough to entertain guests. 5 stars all the way.

Perth

Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great Fridge

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Love the look, style and convenience of this fridge/freezer.
One small complaint in opening and closing doors on occasion if both open at the same time, need to close one before the other so they fit properly and I often forget which comes first right or left but a minor design glitch.
Easy to use and clean and keeps food at easy to control temp winter or summer.
I would recommend this unit.

Purchased at: RetraVision

Strathfield

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

The old fridge had the death rattles. You know that terrible rattle the compressor makes when a fridge is old and runs almost constantly trying to keep cold...... So I wandered the internet until I only had a couple to choose from. Then I spent 5 hours in Harvey Norman comparing shelf strength, design, door weight, whether the door closes properly.... You get the idea, I studied everything. I got down to two choices then I looked for user reviews online. A lot of people said this fridge was quiet and that sounded like heaven.
Skip ahead to today and this fridge is sitting in the kitchen, virtually silent, doing a brilliant job. The lighting is fantastic. The freezer space is useful ( I don't have to lift everything out and put it back all the time....the drawers are so useful.
All 'round it's the right fridge for me and I'm extremely happy. I hope you will be too.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

South Australia, 5106

Model: MR-L710EH Date Purchased: Mar 2018

This goes beyond a normal fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

This fridge freezer takes it to an entirely new level! What I mean by this is how well organised the storage space is. The doors sometimes gets hard to open once already been opened so not sure if that's an issue but ever thing else is great. The look of it is also very stylish

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Copeton

Model: MR-L710EH Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great looking fridge but get delvery people to put the handles on!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Had to buy this fridge freezer just recently as our old 8 year fridge freezer stopped working. We had it delivered but not installed and wish now we had them install it as we put the handles on wrong and snapped a clip un doing it and turning it the other way. The default settings seem good and there's loads of space for both frozen and cooled food

Warwick

Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Stunning in black

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Well I got a new fridge freezer! GOt the diamond black one and am thrilled to pieces. Always had fridge freezers with a larger freezer at the bottom and this is brilliant. Easy to see goods in the freezer compartments and far easier access to them instead of a full width drawer. The fridge section saves on 2 fridges as drinks can be stored with no problem along with everyday produce. The low light in the vegetable drawer keeps the produce fresher for longer and we have not only saved on the electric consumption but food as well as not throwing anything away now. Very pleased with our purchase. One downside .. not for us .. but friends have said it would not fit in their recess as too tall. We love it.

Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great unit, should be 5 Stars, shame about the soft material on the outer doors

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Have owned this unit for some time, very happy with it overall. Mitsubishi are very underrated for cooling equipment, everything I have used has been top notch.

Width is excellent for overall capacity, you can fit platters and large containers no problem.
Runs quietly and has had no issues coping with the summer heat. Easy to adjust the temperature down over summer.

Freezer is good capacity and the ice trays work nicely. with a large ice bucket tray. Drawers have solid runners and are easy to open and close.

Lighting inside is also nice and bright.

Only negatives are the material on the doors, they are very easy to damage. Like day one brush the vacuum cleaner against it damaged. We chose the black model and it now has several dents and scratches, why it isnt just a thicker shiny plastic I have no idea, could easily have been made tougher and should be given they high use items. I didn't want the stainless because they always show damage, this is not much better.

It is also very large, just a consideration as we moved house and it had to be a factor in the house we purchased. It is bigger than most units, in width, depth and height. I had to remove the doors to get it in, then perform minor changes to the kitchen. The plus side is its also big inside.

Overall it would be 5 stars but for the material on the front doors, lets it down a little.

Cairns

Verified Purchase Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great Fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Love full capacity wide shelves for platters. Quiet, easy to clean inside and out. Ice making great & better than those with plumbed water. No worry about leaks or icing up! Crispers are great but I do find even with high humidity set, I still like to put softer leaf veggies like shallots, celery, asian greens into a sealed container BUT carrots, cucumber, capsicum & fruits etc is all good in crisper. I live in the tropics with very high humidity in summer. Otherwise, it is a fantastic fridge.

Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Query vegetable crisper

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

Love my Mitsubishi L4 Grande except I find my vegetables when put in crisper(i.e. carrots, celery) are limp the next day. Have had humidity on high and low and still same result. Have also placed vegetables in left hand crispers, and same result. Any suggestions would bbe appreciated. Very quiet, easy to clean..

Canberra

Verified Purchase Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Feb 2016

The best brand fridge I have had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

The fridge in general is big where we can use for 6 adults in the house.

First it run very smoothly and no noise at night.

Second, the fridge section is very well set up. Where we can use for normal food and two section for the vegetables.

Thirdly in the freezer we have 4 sections/ area to store frozen food

Four, it is very clean and sturdy design. Door close easily

It also has small screen so we can select the option for fride - economy or others. We use economy to save electricity.

If your house has a lot of people. I think this is the good fridge for you.

Love this fridge

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Its a good fridge except for one standout issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

We bought this fridge as we needed more width in a fridge, our current side by side just wasn't cutting it. We bought from Harvey Norman on special, all good. A few months after using, its a good fridge, quiet, economical, etc BUT the stainless steel doors dent REALLY easily, like the slightest tap with an object dents the panel! it seems to be quite thin. Apart from this, its a good fridge.

Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love it. Very modern and classy looking.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Love the space it has inside the fridge. Stays at the temperature it is set at. Also has a power saving mode. Double door so you can fit large platters in for entertaining. Inside door storage is quite large so you can fit a lot of jars etc. Love the black exterior.

Perth

• 3 answers

Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Inexpensive to run

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Great fridge, very very quiet when running, ample room to place item on the shelves and doors, very economical to run. Has two ice trays with tray beneath to store ice, great for storing eggs, butter and cheeses, overall, a really good fridge and easy to keep clean and tidy.

• 6 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: MR-L710E Date Purchased: Apr 2016

perfect fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Bought it 2 years ago and could not be happier.
It's quiet, easy to clean and more than enough room.
Stainless steel finish doesn't show finger prints or marks.
Shelves are well spaced out and well lit inside.
Ice trays draws are nice touch and easy to use.
Can't beat the 5 year warranty.

Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great fridge so far.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

We've only had it for a few weeks but we find it to be extremely quiet, very easy to access everything, and the size and configuration of the freezer draws in particular are exactly what we were after. With the drawers on the LHS being a little narrower than those on the RHS, it means we can put very large items in the larger drawers, and all the small things in the others. We got a terrific deal from HN - better than anywhere else we could find.

Brisbane

Model: MR-L650EH Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Fantast fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I bought rhis fridge after reading some great reviews and i wasnt disappointed. It maintains consistent temperatures in all compartsments. It runs very quietly and is efficient on electricity. The compartment are easy to remove for cleaning out and wiping over. I would not hesitate in recommending this product to others.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MR-L710EG Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Pros
Bought the black one to go with my new white kitchen.
Easy to organise freezer and fridge. The large drawer in freezer can fit a lot but there are smaller drawers for little things so that I can find them easily. Generally quiet. After I've installed a new floating floorboard I notice it made more noises, not sure if the buzzing noise is from the floor vibration.
Easy to clean. To keep door shiny with no streak mark, spray with cleaner and wipe with dry cloth or paper towel.

Cons
Quite bulky and deep. Take this into consideration when you renovate your kitchen or before you purchase. The measurement on the website wasn't quite accurate and I had to pay an authorised tech to remove the handle and fit it through the door.

Generally maintain good temperature. It's always on eco mode. I do have to lower temperature in summer and when the kids are home during the school holiday.

Purchased at: Stan Cash

• 11 helpful votes

Model: MR-L710EH Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Best fridge ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Nice and quiet, easy to keep clean never had to defrost it. Only gripe would be having the drawers in the freezer instead of shelves but we have a deep freezer so no matter. Brought this about 3 years ago never missed a beat. It is well worth the extra money. We replaced our Westinghouse with this and so happy. Friends brought a Double door Samsung same time we got ours it blew up got another under warranty it went as well so now they got a Westinghouse.

Purchased at: RetraVision

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 8 pages

MR-L710EG

I have recently purchased MR-L710EG L4 Grande French Door. Yesterday I noticed that freezer compartment has started frosting and I can see frost on the left hand side drawers and boxes. This is not acceptable as the fridge is advertised as frost free. Temperature of freezer compartment is set as standard -18 degree Celsius. Is there any explanation to this problem?

Kartik S asked on Oct 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kartik, Can you please provide a photo of the frosting issue if possible? Our email is technicalsupport@meaust.meap.com
One of our friendly technical team will call you to discuss.
Without seeing the issue it is a little hard to comment as to what the cause could be.
Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Technical Support

MR-L650EH

Could Mitsubishi Electric Official please answer:- Is the spec for fridge housing width of 950mm + 30mm + 30mm = 1010mm critical for warranty? Our fridge nook is in the midst of a bank of 600mm-deep cabinets. It has 955mm width and 600mm depth and a fully open top. I may be able to enlarge width by an extra 16mm or 32mm, by moving the adjoining cabinets. The clearance would then be 17.5mm each side. The sides will be unapposed for the front-most 265mm (865mm fridge depth + rear clearance, minus 600mm cabinet depth). Is it critical to have 30mm each side despite the top being open and the sides only partly- apposed, or is it simply to facilitate installation and removal? Will the narrower width of our housing void warranty? Thank you.

csb asked on Oct 06, 2018

Answer this

hi. im not an expert but think I have the reasons for min clearance. i double checked this before installing mine. . From memory, the condenser can get very hot.and not operate correctly without adequate clearance and airflow. for example, if the confined spaces are too small, that air heats up, feeds into the freezing cooling mechanisms, making it overheat. I read this in the manual or priduct info somewhere..I dont know about warranty issues but its better to provide more space, than too little. hope that helps.

There is something showing on the refrigirator disply E 31 and the frezer side is not working its not cooling on the given temperature what do i do know?

Zeerak Akram asked on Aug 18, 2018

Hi Zeerak,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your refrigerator. We are here to help. Please give us a call on 1300 651 808 or submit a support request online at: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/service-request-for-consumers.html

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

See all 71 questions about Mitsubishi L4 Grande / Mini

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Freezer Capacity 232L 232L 232L 232L
Width 950mm 950mm 950mm 950mm
Height 1820mm 1700mm 1820mm 1820mm
Depth 764mm 805mm 764mm 764mm
Colour Diamond Black, Pearl White, Stainless Steel Diamond Black, Pearl White, Stainless Steel Diamond Black, Pearl White, Stainless Steel Diamond Black, Pearl White, Stainless Steel
Replaced By MR-L710EG

** Replaced by another product
The main difference between these models is capacity