Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL25VGD (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Indoor Fan fault occurred after one month, renders the unit useless. The only way we can get the indoor fan to work is to push it with a stick. Waste of money, oh well let's fill all the paperwork out and wait...... Should have got a cheap one at least it would have worked.

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Fantastic Unit Great Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Purchased the Mitsubishi units after much research both online and at stores. 5 year factory warranty and $300 Air Con Bonus promotion. Both the indoor and outdoor units are remarkably quiet. So quiet you have to really look at the units to see them operating. Cools a large area and keeps the temperature very constant. My wife really feels the hot weather and she is thrilled with how well the Mitsubishi operates.

Kew, Vic

• 3 comments
  • 21 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL35VGD (3.5kW) Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great design, looks good, is quiet and works very well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I did a lot of research before going with this make and model and cannot be more pleased with the unit and how well it works. It's easy to operate and the remote has some useful features including a weekly timer. It also has a swing operation which is excellent to move the air all around the room. Really good value for money as well.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Solid product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Was asked to install this unit at home because the central Evap unit takes forever to cool the house down. I was a little hesitate initially because it isn't cheap to buy the unit (and install) but man this is easily the best investment I have at home for year 2018. It runs well and so quiet that sometimes I even forget that I have it turned on.
If anyone ask me to describe this product in two words, I will say "solid product".

Adelaide

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL25VGD (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

For the bedroom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Very Quiet and keeps the temp at exactly what you set it at verified by a commercial thermometer i have in the bedroom. I have another brand in the lounge room but i purchased this for the bedroom because it is so quiet. I am yet to try it in extreme heat.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL25VGD (2.5kW) Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Quiet and functional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Initially chose this product as it was the same as we had in the rental before purchasing and was on offer in Harvey Norman. Have had no issues at all with the system. Cools well and is used in the bedrooms so is also quiet. We added more machines to further bedrooms and chose the same system we were so happy.

GREVILLIA

Model: MSZ-GL35VGD (3.5kW) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Mitsubishi MSZ-GL Series

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I think any kind of electrical appliances need to protect, this can increase the service life of electrical appliances, better long-term use of
performance in all aspects I am very satisfied with the function is complete
air conditioning in extreme weather work is not very good, because some chassis outside will receive the impact of the weather
I personally like air conditioning, It makes me sleep well in summer.

Purchased at: Brand Shopping

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great Airconditioner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

We are very happy with our Mitsubishi split system air conditioners. We have purchased a multi head system with 5 units and two compressors for all the heating and cooling needs of our new home. The units are all whisper quiet and very efficient with low power consumption. I especially like the optional wifi controllers that allow operation of the units from a smart phone.

Hervey Bay , Qld ,Australia

• 1 question
  • 13 answers

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

So far so good ..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

We just love our machine it is very quiet very effective and so easy to use, used it for clod weather and hot days never any trouble, looks good would not even know it was running its so quiet, hand controls are very simple to operate,can run it on slow running and still very effective..

Alexandra Hills

• 6 answers

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL60VGD (6.0W) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Toasty warm this winter

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

We recently had a Mitsubishi reverse cycle air conditioner installed in anticipation of another unbearably hot summer in Brisbane. Bonus, we have been able to keep the chill away with the heat cycle during our coldest winter in 4 years. So happy we installed the recommended brand of Mitsubishi as it is so quiet and heats up the large space in no time at all. It took the technicians no time at all to install and the unit does not look out of place at all. Remote has been wall mounted (can't lose it) and basic settings are easy to use. Can't wait to try it out on the cold cycle in summer as our house is very uncomfortable in the hotter months.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: MSZ-GL35VGD (3.5kW) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

So Glad I got a Mitsubishi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I am so happy with my Mitsubishi. I got 2 for my home after using them at my workplace. I couldn't be happier. It is everything I hoped for, efficient, quiet and unobtrusive. It is so quiet. The air flow is gentle. It seems to fill every nook and cranny effortlessly with no cold spots.

Albury

• 4 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL25VGD (2.5kW) Date Purchased: May 2016

The best summer ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Thank goodness we put these systems in before the stinker summer we just had and the ones to come... Everyone comments on how cool and quiet our house is. They don't realise the system is even on! A few family members have gone on to install the same units, Best ever!!

• 3 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Can't fault it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I inherited this when I moved in recently - it is quiet with only the noise of air moving, rather than machinery, and one unit does the whole bottom floor, up the stairs and the landing upstairs (but not the bedrooms), so I am happy with the performance. The remote (wall mounted) has a lot of settings on it, but easy enough to get the basic settings you need done - I need to look at the manual to do automatic timings etc all the fancy stuff.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Poor Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

The Mitsubishi air conditioner is ok, I have other big brand air con units in the house and it seems no better than them, however the Mitsubishi is a lot more expensive. Its even more expensive when Mitsubishi customer service makes it nearly impossible and extremely time consuming to claim back the redemption claim. The difficulty of dealing with Mitsubishi customer service for such a simple thing has made me wary of having to deal with them for any other issue. I have always been suspicious of companies that offer a cash back, Why not just discount it by that price? Why put you through the difficulties of having to claim your own money back. The answer in my case is it is so difficult to claim that i have given up. In future I will just go with the cheapest of the big brands that review well.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Taree

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

We just had this installed, it is awesome! Does the job brilliantly heats our home fast (3 bdrm large living &dining). It is also very quiet compared to our old model, very neat and modern looking. Very happy with our purchase!!!

Comments
Mitsubishi Electric Official

Hi Em, We are delighted to hear you are happy with your Mitsubishi Electric air conditioner. The 7.1 kW system you have is a great model! It sure does pump out the heat. You are right about it be... read more »

Thanks again Mitsubishi

Pakenham

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL50VGD (4.8kW) Date Purchased: Feb 2016

PERFECT SPLIT SYSTEM

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Heats quickly, Cools Quickly, constant consistency and love the timer, comes with a remote wall mount, Keep a 3 bedroom unit hot and cold, hasn't let me down once and has been on almost daily since I brought it.
is very quiet and turns off when reaches your desired temperature saving power which is great, batteries in remote have lasted three years and it hasn't needed re gasing once. Quite good on power, have it on heat constantly and doesn't affect bill too much, highly recommend.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Murray Bridge

Model: MSZ-GL35VGD (3.5kW) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

we have had our mitsubishi air con for over 1 year now and haven't had any problems with it. we use it everyday nearly! in winter it heats up our whole living area with ease and in summer cools the same area super easy. cant fault this air con at all.

Purchased at: Radio Rentals SA

Model: MSZ-GL50VGD (4.8kW) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

going well so far... can't wait to test it out in the heat of summer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Our builder suggested this model for our new kitchen/dining area which has a >4m elevated ceiling - so we have a lot of air to circulate. We are very pleased so far - it cools the area very quickly and is very quiet. (PS for logistic considerations: we originally planned to mount the unit to an external wall but the sheer size and weight of the unit prevented this - something to think about).

• 3 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL80VGD (7.8kW) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Seems to work well, it is quiet and certainly keeps the house sufficiently warm in this particularly cold winter.

Also came with a $200 voucher which I have yet to receive but will update if anything goes wrong on Mitsubishi's end.

Currently no qualms with it at all.

Good controls

Melbourne

• 7 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Model: MSZ-GL35VGD (3.5kW) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

We recently had our Split System replaced and were advised by the installer that Mitsubishi were the leaders in the industry. We are very happy with the new Mitsubishi Split System and cannot fault it. It's very quiet, super efficient and uses much less power than the previous brand we had (can't remember our previous split system brand). All good, and heats the room as good as it cools it. Installation by the installer was quick and fuss free and the controller is very easy to use. Get the installer to set the date and time on the controller as it took us a while to work out how to set it.

1 of 5 pages

MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW)

Hi, We bought Mitsubishi aircon MSZ-GL25VGD 2 years ago, 5 year warranty as well,was working fine till this month,wouldn’t cool at all just blowing .Also called Mitsubishi costumers service couple times and finally got call from technician,he assuming."?is gas leaking by him that is not under warranty,he said will cost us $500 repairs,$80/hr. It left us speecless. However,we read warranty doesn’t said anything regarding gas leakage. Would be very grateful if you answer my question and give me correct info. Thank you

Mirela asked on Nov 28, 2018

MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW)

Do you have a interest free plan for 12 months ?

Denise M asked on Nov 06, 2018

Answer this

Hi Denise, we don't offer interest-free payment terms as we don't sell direct. For something like this please contact one of our retail partners. You can find your nearest retail stockist here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/wheretobuy.html

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

MSZ-GL25VGD (2.5kW)

I bought two GL25 units for two bedrooms of my house. The cooling starts to work very quickly, but the startup of heating takes more than 10 mins. If its normal or a design problem?

Bill C asked on Jul 01, 2018

Answer this

I think it's normal. I have a same issue.

Hi. Depending upon the ambient temperature, it may take longer to heat the indoor unit coil to the right temperature prior to starting the fan. It will also not run the fan above low speed until it is satisfied it can keep a certain air temperature.
All inverter units start their compressors at the lowest speed and can take around 7-8 minutes to reach normal full speed. The other factor which can effect heating startup is the length of pipe run between indoor & outdoor unit. The longer the run, the longer it takes to reach "normal" operation. Hope this helps.

See all 10 questions about Mitsubishi MSZ-GL Series

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

MSZ-GL25VGD (2.5kW) MSZ-GL71VGD (7.1kW) MSZ-GL35VGD (3.5kW) MSZ-GL80VGD (7.8kW) MSZ-GL60VGD (6.0W) MSZ-GL50VGD (4.8kW) MSZ-GL42VGD (4.2kW)
Cooling Capacity 2.5kW 7.1kW 3.5kW 7.8kW 6.0kW 4.8kW 4.2kW
Heating Capacity 3.2kW 8.1kW 3.7kW 9.0kW 6.8kW 5.8kW 5.4kW
Cooling Energy Rating 5.5stars 2.5stars 3.5stars 2stars 3stars 4stars 2.5stars
Heating Energy Rating 5.0stars 3stars 4.5stars 2.5stars 3.5stars 3.5stars 3.0stars
Indoor Unit Height 290mm 305mm 290mm 305mm 305mm 305mm 290mm
Indoor Unit Width 799mm 1100mm 799mm 1100mm 923mm 923mm 799mm
Indoor Unit Depth 232mm 238mm 232mm 238mm 250mm 250mm 232mm
Outdoor Unit Height 550mm 880mm 550mm 880mm 880mm 880mm 550mm
Outdoor Unit Width 800mm 840mm 800mm 840mm 840mm 840mm 800mm
Outdoor Unit Depth 285mm 330mm 285mm 330mm 330mm 330mm 285mm
Reverse Cycle Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Inverter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

The main difference between these models is capacity and energy efficiency