Generations:
Filter By:
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: ES Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Oct 2013 Drive: FWD

Bang for your buck

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Hello purchased this vehicle as a family commuter.
The good points economical ,value for money and a lot of extras for a standad SUV.
The bad points a little under powered, thin body (dents easy) and a bit noisey.
But overall a good vehicle. would comsider up dating to a newer model.

Palmwoods - Queensland

Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: ES Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2018

couldnt pull the skin off a pudding!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Rented one from Avis. Couldnt pull the skin off a pudding and uses 10.5 litres/100km. Cant overtake due to being totally gutless. Nice design but clunky screen to interface with phone. Eco mode not necessary as otherwise one might have to push it uphill. First time I write a review but this car inspired me to do so. Hans - sanbisresort.com

• 10 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Great Car and Excellent Sales Person at Mitsubishi Penrith

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Help our daughter purchase a car as she and husband are both working. Looked around different dealerships for a family car that is large enough but still affordable. Found great SUV but most of them are not affordable. We went to our favourite dealership - Mitsubishi Penrith. Lucky to be approached by a nice young and easy to talk to sales person Joshua, he made everything easy. He showed us a great but affordable SUV - The Mitsubishi 7- seater Outlander. Ideal for our daughter's young family. Everything we asked for is there. My daughter and family are very happy with it. Purchased it early September this year. Our grandkids ( 2 from our daughter and 3 from our son) 5 of them fits in comfortably and can all go to soccer games and all together.

Perth

• 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: Aspire Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Excellent vehicle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Everyday car with long trips out in the country twice a month, 800-1000 km run.
Great responsive wagon with a bit of power to spare.
Tows very well for its size.
Excellent fuel (deisel) economy & even better on the long runs.
Many, many after market parts & accessories available to make my ride even sweeter.
Prior car was 2.8DTi Mitsubishi Delica, also a great vehicle.

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: ES Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Excellent vehicle - Great for all my needs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Purchased this car almost a year ago and it has been fantastic! Great for getting the family around daily and also camping. Fuel economy has been great and so are the features.
My only complaints would be that the cruise control light doesn't change if its locked on or not - so really nothing mush to whinge about at all.

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZG, ZH (2006-2012) Badge: Activ Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2010

8 years of hassle free driving

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I bought this car new in 2010 to accomodate a growing family. One of the biggest deciding factors in it's purchase was the boot size of the wagon. I spoke to a few Outlander owners and all had nothing but praise for it so I bought one.,(most had multiple outlanders also).
I use mainly for driving from one side of Melbourne to the other daily and fuel consumption is generally 11l/100kms a tank but it's much less when the traffic is flowing, ie, 7 or 8 litres per 100kms and similar on the highway.
The only problems I've had is the aircon died after 7 years and cost $650 to fix and my blinkers blink fast now becuase of trailers with LED lights. Quoted fix is $650 from Mitsubish as they want to replace the ETACS box.
CVT isn't the best, feels sluggish but works as keeping fuel economy down and it has the sports shift for fun and best used when overtaking on the hwy.
Done a bit of off road driving and no hassles there. Towing a 6x4 trailer full of camping gear is easy and doesn't affect the handling too much.
After writing this I don't know why I'm selling it.

• 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: XLS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Mitsubishi cheap and nasty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I purchased an 07 4x4 Outlander to give Mitsubishi ago and found it to be a car full of nasty plastic creaking throughout the car the cvt hesitates , it just felt cheap , I then traded it on a second hand 2015 xls 4x4 , I liked the look of it and give Mitsubishi another go , I kept the car for a week and sold it , the cvt hesitates , some fuel pump noise , it was definitely an improvement on the olde one but I give up and got a trusty 2012 Camry instead Mitsubishi never again .

Private message

Generation: ZG, ZH (2006-2012) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Good for mild to modarate off roading and regular commute

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

I bought this used car from a Mitsubishi dealer and the odo was 100k at the date of purchase. It was a well maintained car previously owned by CBA. After that I added another 61k to the odo. In my experience it is smooth and generally responsive as I am not driving AMG or Mustang. The longest drive was 1350km in one day from Adelaide to Sydney with two refueling and ofcourse without any issue with my wife and two kids. After Goulburn, it started to rain heavily and I turned my AWD on. After that it became so stable on the wet road that I have overtaken no less than 50 cars who were struggling to drive even on 60k/h and I was driving at 100k/h on 110 zone. I have done some sand dunes with my family in it at Anna bay with AWD lock. Drove from Snowy mountain to Khankoban and did some mild off roading on the way. Boot space is pretty awesome. It holds my portable BBQ stove and camping gears at ease. The only major servicing I did was replacing my 4 engine mount.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Just to let you know guys that I was so happy with Outlander that I suggest my wife to buy ASX and she bought a new one on Sep 2018 MY18 base model with 24k which was a pretty good deal. It comes w... read more »

• 11 comments
  • 45 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: ES Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Happy Days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

We brought this Outlander about 1.5 months ago. There is not a single thing we dislike about it. In my opinion ... in terms of value for money it has to be the best buy for what you get. We have three kids and they have friends who want to do stuff with us and now we have a seven seat car, so they can just get into our car and come along to whatever we are doing. I just brought an iPhone X and it pairs fine using the blue tooth so that I can listen to music as well as use the phone or google maps. The interior looks good. One feature that my old car didn't have which the outlander has is a reverse camera, I thought this was a bit of a gimic but I don't think I could live without one now. I have also used the cruise control quite a lot on longer trips which I find is a bonus feature which comes as standard. We got a red car and also got roof racks. The 2018 model has a 2.4 litre engine and this is plenty big enough to pull our small trailer so we had a tow bar put on. We paid 29,990 for the Outlander and were given free auto, free red paint and free roof racks due to the end of financial year sale being on, we paid another $900 for the tow bar to be put on the vehicle. Our first service was free and then we get another three services at a discounted price, every 15000km until we have done 45000km which is a further saving. If you are absolutely loaded then you would be mad to buy this vehicle go and splash out on something luxurious and sporty, but for us on a tight budget, needing a family car without the bells and whistles, a reliable work horse that does everything we wanted at a price we could afford then this may also be the car for you.

Cranbourne West, Australia

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: Exceed Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great car with a few small annoyances.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Bought the MY18 Outlander Exceed Petrol and have been driving it for several months now. Very comfortable, easy to drive, plenty of room and all the gadgets you could ever need and some you don't. I got it from Frankston Mitsubishi and they were great to deal with (and easy to haggle on all the extras).
Only a few small things that annoy me -
- The support beam between the windscreen and side windows does obstruct your view but this seems to be common to many cars these days.
- The front parking sensors seem to have a mind of their own, regularly they go on and off while stationary at traffic lights.
- The forward collision mitigation system doesn't really work well, I've had mine triggered several times by the headlights of cars heading the other way and get the "BRAKE" warning pop up but the system never actually engages the brakes itself.
- The advertised fuel economy as with most new cars is also a lie, they advertise 7.2L\100km but it's actually closer to 8.5L\100km.
- The Eco mode is pretty stupid. It just takes away your power but doesn't actually save you any fuel.

Despite these minor annoyances I would still recommend this car over any other in the similar category, I drove them all before deciding on the Outlander and the only one I though was better was the Mazda CX5 but the much higher price for less features as well as more frequent and more expensive service costs tipped the scales.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Okay, but!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I got this car earlier this year (2018) and have had no issues with it mechanically. Unfortunately it is an automatic which has created some issues by it getting up to extremely high rpm when trying to maintain speed.
It has a lot of smarts built in. Some people may like these, but of course there are good and bad with each. One thing that is specifically annoying, as with most new cars these days, is that there is no CD player. For some reason the manufacturers think that everyone wants to transfer music across to USB (which by the way, we are not supposed to be doing except under certain circumstances). With kids, this has become very difficult and I would not recommend it. Some CDs have built in features so that you cannot transfer them to USB.
There is automatic lights, mirror dimming, lane departure, lights, wipers - all sorts. A splattered bug can turn on the wipers, not a pleasant result. It would be better if you could adjust a lot of these features to cater for your own tastes and for safety. The cruise control, yes you will not run into the back of a car in front, but you try coming up behind a car to overtake. Better with no cruise control in this situation.

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Reliable jack of all trades and a great car for the money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

We've owned the car for just over 2 years now and it hasn't put a foot wrong. It's a very practical and well build car, one of the few SUV's that are still made in Japan. Our model had everything that we needed/wanted; 7 seats, bluetooth, 4wd, auto lights/wipers etc, all for a shade below 40k. You get a lot of car for the money, the other brands we looked at couldn't come near that. It's spacious and quiet inside and the seats are very comfortable, on short and long trips. I use around 10-12 litres per 100klm in mixed driving leaving it in 4wd auto all the time. The 7 seats have come in very handy, though the extra 2 seats are not for long journeys. The visibility is great and I don't know how I used to go without a rear vision camera. I had to recently put on the brakes hard, with the ABS kicking in, and I was pleasantly surprised by how quick the car came to a stop, so thumbs up for that too. 5 year warrantly and 3 years fixed price servicing gives us peace of mind. Only (minor) gripes I have with the car are that it could do with a bit more power and a bit less hard plastics inside. Other than that, a reliable jack of all trades and a great car for the money!

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great Car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

pro - Great car and comes with the sleek interior. Quite spacious and economical to run. Android auto and apple car play
Service has been quick and as per the expectation
great family car
Cons - Lags pickup because of CVT, but when in full mode it runs great without any hiccups.

Darch

Private message

Generation: ZG, ZH (2006-2012) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2013

Good pick up and comfortable driving

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Very good in driving, very comfortable. Performance is very good as well as I have drove CRV as well. Likes it's rear space, biggest I have seen in comparative suv cars. Fuel economy is not as good as I would like but It's ok for suv. Off road is good as well.

Bundaberg

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: ZG, ZH (2006-2012) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2011

Great for a growing family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

We have had this car for 8 years now and had no issues. Reliable and cheap to run. We have the LS 7 seat model but it really only fits 5 due to 3 kids still in car seats. The only reason I would get this again is we need a minibus as we intend to have more kids. Easy drive and the cruise control is great

Hobart

Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: LS Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Great value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Great car for a young family of four. We've had this car for three years and it hasn't missed a beat. It has a large boot space and roomy interior. It is a bit on the plastic side inside but the price point makes up for that. Fuel economy is great with over 800km highway driving and over 600km city driving. We have the front whell drive model. I would definitely recommend this model Outlander.

Purchased at: Mitsubishi Dealers

• 5 comments
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: Exceed Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Outlander exceed petrol 2.4L

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

This is my first SUV and I'm so happy with my purchase. With 3 kids I really felt like I needed the extra 2 seats in the back so I could pick up extra kids if need be. The flexibility is great! So easy to convert, loads of boot room, spacious interior without being a massive car. Very easy to handle, front and rear cameras and sensors make parking a breeze! No complaints from me at all!
After having a European car, the Outlander feels cheap to run (regular unleaded) and service.
I love all the safety features too.
I looked at a lot of cars before we bought this one and I'm so happy with our choice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I'd just like to add that after my car was stolen (from my keys being taken from the gym), I purchased the exact same car again. Absolutely no complaints and apparently the newer version is more fuel efficient.bonus!

NA

Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: LS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Very nice and great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Bought a diesel AWD LS safety new last year and it is one great car. I really like driving with the adaptive cruise control. My only gripe would be I had no choice other than getting 7 seats (don't need them) but apart from that, has heaps of drivability.. great economy and power and tows the boat easily with the two tonne towing capacity (as opposed to the petrol powered with 1600kg towing) when I test drove both engine variants prior to buying, I knew I'd be dissatisfied settling on the petrol and CVT as it felt a bit underpowered. I have owned a lot of cars over the years and find this car quite enjoyable.. and the buying experience was one of the best I've ever had.. bought this car from the Norris Group (Redcliffe Mitsubishi) and found the staff excellent, gave me the courtesy of time, information and cars to test drive and even the haggling was enjoyable (which is usually for me at least the most stressful part) would I buy another... In a heartbeat.

Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: XLS Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2016

2016 zk Mitsubishi outlander heap of rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

This is the worst car I have ever owned. Car has unbearable flat spot. Taken car back to dealer three times. They cannot fix it. I have got to the stage that I need to sell it. When I asked Knox Mitsubishi how much they would give me for the car, they did not get back to me. Fuel consumption getting worse. My first SUV purchase has been a disaster. I am sick and tired of being told car is within specifications. Your specifications need to be updated. Do not buy Mitsubishi there are much better cars out there.

Perth

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: ZJ, ZK (2012-2018) Badge: Activ Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Excellent and affordable with lots of gadgets too!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I was in the market for a midsize SUV that can fit 5 people easily with an occasional need of third row seats. I spent quite few months in finding best car that fits our budget, need and yet sophisticated. Mitsubishi trumped all other SUVs in the market.

Mitsubishi Outlander is good for...
5 Years warranty
Spacious car
Quieter than Toyota, Mazda and Hyundai+Kia
More efficient machine
Comfortable
Loads of extras that Mitsubishi throws in like CTP, Rego, tinted glass etc.
Modern gadgets like Apple carplay and Android auto
Dual AirCon
Nice and sophisticated yet practical interior
7 seaters car for $27999 (Base model Discounted after bargain, Mitsubishi Dealers are always ready to bargain or negotiate).
Much better looking car with 19" Machined alloy wheels.
Roof racks
Well sorted CVT transmission with respectable powered engine
Main advantage against Toyota Rav4 - Mitsu is 3-4k cheaper, spacious, quieter and modern specs
Main advantage against Mazda Cx 5 - Mitsu is cheaper, reliable and quieter and lot spacious
Main advantage against Hyundai Tucson and Kia - Mitsu is spacious, quality interiors and lot quieter.

Mitsubishi Outlander is not so good for...
2nd and 3rd row AC is not available.
3rd row is not for adults