Verified Customer

Failed expectation.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

I decided to use Mortgage Broker Melbourne based on good reviews online. Well. I'd better not to do this. I had a very simple task: refinance single mortgage with 70% LVR (which mean no issues with insurances, approvals, etc) into another bank and complete 2 (yep, just two) payments to third parties. Two simple EFT.
Settlement was delayed by nearly month since formal approval which cost me extra payments. But that was OK.
At the day of settlement bank were not able to process as they "did not have enough funds", what we did find out is that broker didn't send updated documentation to the bank. Luckily he was able to do it within settlement day.
After settlement I found extra $500 charges on my account, while at the beginning I was told that this refinance will cost me zero and bank has a $1200 "welcome" package to cover transfer cost. The broker "forgot" about those extra charges and no pack were available.
The actual settlement was $950 more than originally planned.
After all, several business days later, I found that none of third-parties got any funds. After chasing the broker for two days I found that bank issued _paper_ cheques, because they not able to do EFT.

So now I paid extra $1400 in fees and charges and none of third-parties got funds as I still need to process cheques at my own time and my own expenses.

You probably will be beneficial from them only if you don't care about couple grands loss in fees and extremely busy so you not able to do basic online research and elementary math. On my own I would make much more easier refinance.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a poor experience. Bank delays are frustrating but there were aspects of your transaction that were under Tobe's control that definitely could have been handled better. We... read more »

Hi, I've just hit my second year of self employment, am I able to book or receive some information in regards to what I need to apply for an investment prop or first home buyer loan? A rough estimate on what I would be looking for would be a 300k loan. Currently have 15k deposit saved, with a before tax of 80k earnings. Am I able to enter the field or should I come back once I have a larger deposit. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've herd nothing but great things about you guys. Thanks.

Alan asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Alan, thanks for your enquiry! We'd love to chat to you because there is a bit more info we would gather before we could properly advise. Could you give us a call on 1800 111 626? Grace would send you a link to our responsible lending questionnaire to get the ball rolling. Cheers! Marc

Hello Alan,
Grace here from Mortgage Broker Melbourne.
further to your query above, banks have two main criteria when assessing a loan. One being that you can afford the loan based on your income. I have done a very brief servicing with the information you have provided above, and borrowing capacity for a $300K purchase is evident, which is great news.

The second criteria banks will look at is that you are not borrowing more than 95% of the value of the property your are purchasing. With a $15K deposit this barely scrapes through at 95%. the other thing to consider is that when you borrow more than 80% of the value of any property an Insurance is payable to lenders and this is called Lenders Mortgage Insurance. This unfortunately cannot be waived and is added to the loan in most cases, so once we add the mortgage insurance which is approximately $8500 this takes the overall lending to 98%. in this case you would need to save a further $8500 to cover the insurance cost.

you are almost there which is great news!
Alan, my number is 0434 266 411
please call me at any time, should you have further queries, and please feel free to contact me directly once you have the further funds saved and I will ensure one of your experienced brokers contact you to help guide you through the process.

have a fantastic day
regards.
Grace Macca-Chiodo
Mortgage Broker Melbourne
0434 266 411

Hi Marc I am looking for a propert in Morwell and was after a loan. Can you please help me get a good broker which can help me get a Lao. Around $150000. Regards Vicky

vickysingh38 asked on Jul 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Vicky, thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist. Could you please call 1800 111 626 and ask for Grace? She will be able to match you with one of our many experienced brokers. Cheers! Marc

Do you come out to clients homes?

Anne asked on May 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Anne, yes we do visit clients at their convenience and we have several brokers so we cover most areas. Feel free to email me directly to tee up an appt, [email protected]

See all 17 questions about Mortgage Broker Melbourne