Very quick to disregard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

+ At the beginning he seemed very helpful

- A waste of our time, too sensitive and easily offended when making perfectly normal comparisons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a bad experience but, since you have left no name here, we don't know who to make contact with directly. Our broker's manner has clearly offended you and for that we since... read more »

job well done!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

we are very lucky to have him as our mortgage broker. he's very patient and accommodating in dealing with all our questions. He definitely knows whats he is doing. A very happy client here

Perth

• 2 questions
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Marc has been extremely helpful, helping not only me with an investment property but also my mother to re mortgage and get a better rate also with a redraw so she can now renovate her kitchen!

Invaluable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Marc has been an invaluable asset during my first home-buying experience. He explained everything clearly, kept in touch regularly and guided me through the minefield! I would highly recommend his services

Awesome service; very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Our family experience with Marc Barlow from Mortgage Broker Melbourne has been life changing. Since our first experience where Marc provided his friendly, thorough and honest service, we know we'll never need to look elsewhere. Marc has arranged loans that allowed us to purchase two residential properties and three more loans to re-finance and consolidate. We have benefited from his knowledge and advice and recommended him to many friends and family. We look forward to our next adventure and seek this great service once again.

Incredibly helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

We found dealing with Tobe Cooper incredibly easy and succinct. He arranged 3 loans for us for different properties and organised them all so they complimented one another perfectly. We have recommended him to many family members and friends who have been really impressed with his skills too. We will definitely be using him again.

Responsive, trustworthy and genuinely great people to work with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Marc and Selena saved our sanity! Off the plan purchase, multiple developer delays and with us living in New Zealand, the team at Mortgage Broker Melbourne have been just fantastic! Highly recommend the team - just a relief to work with someone you can trust during a high stress time.

Professional, Reassuring and Proactive!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Through a recommendation from friends I engaged Marc to assist me with the purchase of my first home. I have been extremely impressed by Marc's reliable, professional and approachable way of working. As buying my first home was a very new experience for me I was somewhat daunted by the process. Marc's patient, methodical, thorough and transparent approach has been very reassuring, alongside his willingness to answer my many basic questions and his proactivity in ensuring I was able to secure a low interest rate for my loan. I would highly recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne and will definitely return for any future mortgage matters.

Continuing to help me through 3 properties

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I first engaged Marc to finance my first ever property in 2000. He did such a great job I went back to him for my residential property and my second residence this year. The rate he and Selena were able to get me was so low, my bank didn't even try to match it. Great attentive service; I have also recommended them to family and friends.

Excellent service and quick to respond to all enquires

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

We first used Marc about 8 years ago to obtain finance for our first home and he helped us walk through all the steps necessary to not only finance but to also buy our first house including applying for the first home owners grant etc. Marc helped us navigate through all the obstacles and hurdles that comes with buying a first home and made the process very seamless and easy for first home buyers.

More recently Marc & Selena reviewed our loans and without any input or prompting from us, applied to ANZ to reduce our home loan rates. Our loans
were then reviewed again to see if other lenders were offering better rates and Marc & Selena helped us to refinance all our loans to CBA and got us an amazing rate which saved us over $5k in interest per year.

They were quick to respond to emails and phone calls and answered all my questions (even the silly ones). Would not hesitate to recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne, Marc or Selena!

Fantastic service for first time buyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2016

I was a first time home buyer. I really had no idea what I was doing or what was required to secure a mortgage. Marc and the team at Mortgage Broker Melbourne were fantastic. Marc was there day and night to take my calls to answer any questions I had and explain in detail all the legal jargon. Marc met with me on a number of occasions and was always willing to come to me and always worked around my work schedule. And Marc’s service didn’t end as soon as the deal was done. Marc and Mortgage Broker Melbourne have continued to maintain contact offering their continued service which has been really comforting. I would highly recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne and would definitely use them again in the future.

Verified Purchase

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I highly recommend Marc as a mortgage broker and the team at MortgageBrokerMelbourne generally. Marc is switched on, honest, proactive, attentive and very helpful. I found it very useful to have Marc deal with the banks on my behalf, as I did not have a lot of spare time. He made the whole process pain free and easy.

Nick.

1 of 5 pages

Hi, I've just hit my second year of self employment, am I able to book or receive some information in regards to what I need to apply for an investment prop or first home buyer loan? A rough estimate on what I would be looking for would be a 300k loan. Currently have 15k deposit saved, with a before tax of 80k earnings. Am I able to enter the field or should I come back once I have a larger deposit. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've herd nothing but great things about you guys. Thanks.

Alan asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Alan, thanks for your enquiry! We'd love to chat to you because there is a bit more info we would gather before we could properly advise. Could you give us a call on 1800 111 626? Grace would send you a link to our responsible lending questionnaire to get the ball rolling. Cheers! Marc

Hello Alan,
Grace here from Mortgage Broker Melbourne.
further to your query above, banks have two main criteria when assessing a loan. One being that you can afford the loan based on your income. I have done a very brief servicing with the information you have provided above, and borrowing capacity for a $300K purchase is evident, which is great news.

The second criteria banks will look at is that you are not borrowing more than 95% of the value of the property your are purchasing. With a $15K deposit this barely scrapes through at 95%. the other thing to consider is that when you borrow more than 80% of the value of any property an Insurance is payable to lenders and this is called Lenders Mortgage Insurance. This unfortunately cannot be waived and is added to the loan in most cases, so once we add the mortgage insurance which is approximately $8500 this takes the overall lending to 98%. in this case you would need to save a further $8500 to cover the insurance cost.

you are almost there which is great news!
Alan, my number is 0434 266 411
please call me at any time, should you have further queries, and please feel free to contact me directly once you have the further funds saved and I will ensure one of your experienced brokers contact you to help guide you through the process.

have a fantastic day
regards.
Grace Macca-Chiodo
Mortgage Broker Melbourne
0434 266 411

Hi Marc I am looking for a propert in Morwell and was after a loan. Can you please help me get a good broker which can help me get a Lao. Around $150000. Regards Vicky

vickysingh38 asked on Jul 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Vicky, thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist. Could you please call 1800 111 626 and ask for Grace? She will be able to match you with one of our many experienced brokers. Cheers! Marc

Do you come out to clients homes?

Anne asked on May 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Anne, yes we do visit clients at their convenience and we have several brokers so we cover most areas. Feel free to email me directly to tee up an appt, marc@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au

See all 17 questions about Mortgage Broker Melbourne