Very quick to disregard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

While [name removed] seemed to be very helpful at the beginning of the process, as soon as we politely compared his services to the services we received from the banks and what they could offers us, he became very defensive and rude. Quite egotistical. He was very quick to disregard us as we politely questioned certain documents he required; two other lenders did not require. He could not match the low interest rate we were offered elsewhere. A waste of our time. Not sure where all of these great reviews came from. We made the mistake in contacting this broker because of these reviews. We did not come close to having the same experience and have no idea how these reviews are so positive!

+ At the beginning he seemed very helpful

- A waste of our time, too sensitive and easily offended when making perfectly normal comparisons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a bad experience but, since you have left no name here, we don't know who to make contact with directly. Our broker's manner has clearly offended you and for that we since... read more »

Verified Customer

Failed expectation.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

I decided to use Mortgage Broker Melbourne based on good reviews online. Well. I'd better not to do this. I had a very simple task: refinance single mortgage with 70% LVR (which mean no issues with insurances, approvals, etc) into another bank and complete 2 (yep, just two) payments to third parties. Two simple EFT.
Settlement was delayed by nearly month since formal approval which cost me extra payments. But that was OK.
At the day of settlement bank were not able to process as they "did not have enough funds", what we did find out is that broker didn't send updated documentation to the bank. Luckily he was able to do it within settlement day.
After settlement I found extra $500 charges on my account, while at the beginning I was told that this refinance will cost me zero and bank has a $1200 "welcome" package to cover transfer cost. The broker "forgot" about those extra charges and no pack were available.
The actual settlement was $950 more than originally planned.
After all, several business days later, I found that none of third-parties got any funds. After chasing the broker for two days I found that bank issued _paper_ cheques, because they not able to do EFT.

So now I paid extra $1400 in fees and charges and none of third-parties got funds as I still need to process cheques at my own time and my own expenses.

You probably will be beneficial from them only if you don't care about couple grands loss in fees and extremely busy so you not able to do basic online research and elementary math. On my own I would make much more easier refinance.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a poor experience. Bank delays are frustrating but there were aspects of your transaction that were under Tobe's control that definitely could have been handled better. We... read more »

job well done!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

we are very lucky to have him as our mortgage broker. he's very patient and accommodating in dealing with all our questions. He definitely knows whats he is doing. A very happy client here

Home loans made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Alan Casey is a thorough worker who is relentless in getting the job done. He made it very easy to choose the right package. Dealing with the banks would have been an absolute nightmare on our own but he came up with a series of choices and let us do the easy part. And when this don't go to plan, as sometimes the banks seem to find a way to do, he is right in your corner to see it through. A great experience. Thanks 'Casey'

EXCELLENT WORK & SERVICE FOR Dario - MortgageBrokerMelbourneI

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

We were seeking a consolidation, after gone to our bank and other banks and got rejected basicly before we were seen by any of their manager or customer service because we are not banking with them. We were seeking other alternative, and we come across mortgage broker Melbourne, tried to call them, got the appointment etc within the same week called. Dario is a very knowledgeable and good with the things he do. He's able to explain to us and go down to our level about all the process and expectation. He is a very patience man and even go the extra miles to make sure our case gone thru in the right manner and timeline(even during his day off he is willing to talk or answer our questions within hour). I think we start the process around end of Sept or early Oct and now we got the settlement etc by end of Nov. We wish it was sooner but that's not Dario fault and beyond his control. Dario done above and beyond expectations to make sure we got the best service and the choice we make and guide us along the way.
We will more than happy to recommends him to our families and friends in the future.
Thankyou so much, Dario.

First home buying made so easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Alan has made the process of obtaining our first home loan so easy! Alan is approachable, patient, knowledgeable, diligent, informative, knowledgeable and conscientious. He stepped us through each stage and was always very responsive. Thanks again Alan!

Melbourne, Victoria

Private message

Good assistance for first home buyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

Dario and Grace done a fantastic job in securing my first home loan. They guided me through the process and helped me along the way. As a first home buyer, they made everything really simple and provided me with an easy comparison of banks which suited my needs. They acted in a prompt manner to help ensure my 30-day settlement went smoothly.

Will be back next time around.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Stephen!

Verified Customer

Great service from mortgage broker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Fantastic customer service from Lam Nguyen. Very prompt, efficient and responsive and Lam was able to help us find a product catered to our requirements.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thankyou for those kind words Kev!

Excellent service by Grace and Dario (First Home loan)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

I am a first home owner. I am satisfied with the services of Dario and Grace to successfully secure mortgage. They quickly resolved any query I had. Kept me in loop throughout the progress of the application. I would recommend their service to any prospective applicants out there.

Excellent service for first home buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Dario was very professional and positive in going out of his way to service our first home build despite our complicated situation. Would definitely recommend Him to anyone who is looking to get into the market as he was quick to answer any questions and we were very satisfied with the outcome of our home loan arrangement which took into consideration our situation as well as our needs.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks for choosing us to arrange this for you!

Excellent Service (Re-financing)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

Dario assisted us with re-financing our loan. The situation was a bit complicated but Dario was very patient and has presented us with the most suitable options. He has guided us althroughout the process - we know exactly what the next steps will be and how long each step will take. It has been a good experience for us and will definitely recommend Dario to family and friends

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Karen!

First time home Buyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I found Mortgage Brokers Melbourne to be exceptional in the delivery of successful aqiring my mortgage at the best possible price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

It was great dealing with Dougal Pattison. He is very knowledgeable. Being first home buyers he explained things to us in simpler way. We appreciate his quick follow ups and answering questions. He made the whole process stress free and easier for us. We would highly recommend his service. Many thanks Dougal.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Dario truly goes above and beyond for you and does everything he can to ensure your loan approval comes through quickly. He guides you through the process and always takes the extra steps to find the best rate out there. I highly recommend

Could not be happier with Ben - unbelievably smooth experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Ben Behar was an absolute pleasure to deal with in my recent application for a loan. I thought I knew quite a bit going into it, but having Ben on my side was a real plus as he guided me to the best products that I didn't even know existed as well as showing me much easier ways to structure my finances for which I am grateful to him every day!
The group at Mortgage Broker Melbourne have been very pro-active in addressing potential problems before they arise. Problems always arise - between valuations, payouts or third parties - but it's how its dealt with that really sets this group apart. I would highly recommend you seek out Mortgage Broker Melbourne for your next purchase or refinance. Thanks Ben!

Super helpful, made everything easy for a first home buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

Being a first home buyer I had limited knowledge in what was involved but Alan made the whole process very simple for me and was extremely helpful and happy to answer any questions I had. Highly recommended.

Timely, professional and a very helpful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Dario and I had our first meeting on 1st Aug for refinancing and I knew from that moment on that I was in very good hands. Dario handled most of the paperwork and was extremely helpful. Fast forward to today and everything has been finalised - quicker than I had imagined. I can't speak highly enough of his and Grace's service - communication was fantastic and I was updated every step of the way.
Dario and Grace made sure that I knew they were there to help if I needed it with the forms, etc.
All in all, it was a very smooth transaction and I couldn't have asked for better. Thank you very much!

Professional and wonderful people!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

This is my 3rd time using this amazing couple and cant recommend them enough !!
Very professional and go beyond their duties to ensure a smooth process.

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Thanks to Grace and Dario for their superior service throughout our re-financing. The service was delivered to a very high standard, they were thorough and highly knowledgable in the area of mortgages which resulted in our re-fiance being completed in an timely manner. We found it to be very easy process given our involvement was limited because they took care of everything and more importantly kept us informed throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Grace & Dario, they're also very friendly and approachable.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Dougal Pattison refinanced my mortgage for me as I wanted to find a better deal. He saved me a lot of stress and made it a very easy process. He was always available when I had any questions. He is very knowledgeable and found me an excellent solution. Thank you so much!

1 of 4 pages

Hi there I would like to purchase an apartment in docklands I have a property with my brother but he doesn't want to buy. Is this still possible I do work full time?

Sonya H asked on Oct 26, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sonya, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! To properly advise you though, we need to gather some more information if that's OK? Can I send you a link to our secure, online responsible lending questionnaire? (If so, please email me at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I'll reply with the link and we can get started)

HI, I need to obtain a loan for a soon to be completed apartment in West Brunswick. i am a non Resident and am based in Singapore. Kindly advise if I could obtain a loan? Thank you Jeffrey

Jeff asked on Sep 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jeff, thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist if we can. There are a number of factors that determine eligibility so we have put together a fact find questionnaire which helps us properly analyze your scenario. Can you please email me at marc@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I will reply with a secure link? Cheers! Marc

Hi, I've just hit my second year of self employment, am I able to book or receive some information in regards to what I need to apply for an investment prop or first home buyer loan? A rough estimate on what I would be looking for would be a 300k loan. Currently have 15k deposit saved, with a before tax of 80k earnings. Am I able to enter the field or should I come back once I have a larger deposit. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've herd nothing but great things about you guys. Thanks.

Alan asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Alan, thanks for your enquiry! We'd love to chat to you because there is a bit more info we would gather before we could properly advise. Could you give us a call on 1800 111 626? Grace would send you a link to our responsible lending questionnaire to get the ball rolling. Cheers! Marc

Hello Alan,
Grace here from Mortgage Broker Melbourne.
further to your query above, banks have two main criteria when assessing a loan. One being that you can afford the loan based on your income. I have done a very brief servicing with the information you have provided above, and borrowing capacity for a $300K purchase is evident, which is great news.

The second criteria banks will look at is that you are not borrowing more than 95% of the value of the property your are purchasing. With a $15K deposit this barely scrapes through at 95%. the other thing to consider is that when you borrow more than 80% of the value of any property an Insurance is payable to lenders and this is called Lenders Mortgage Insurance. This unfortunately cannot be waived and is added to the loan in most cases, so once we add the mortgage insurance which is approximately $8500 this takes the overall lending to 98%. in this case you would need to save a further $8500 to cover the insurance cost.

you are almost there which is great news!
Alan, my number is 0434 266 411
please call me at any time, should you have further queries, and please feel free to contact me directly once you have the further funds saved and I will ensure one of your experienced brokers contact you to help guide you through the process.

have a fantastic day