Very quick to disregard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

While [name removed] seemed to be very helpful at the beginning of the process, as soon as we politely compared his services to the services we received from the banks and what they could offers us, he became very defensive and rude. Quite egotistical. He was very quick to disregard us as we politely questioned certain documents he required; two other lenders did not require. He could not match the low interest rate we were offered elsewhere. A waste of our time. Not sure where all of these great reviews came from. We made the mistake in contacting this broker because of these reviews. We did not come close to having the same experience and have no idea how these reviews are so positive!

+ At the beginning he seemed very helpful

- A waste of our time, too sensitive and easily offended when making perfectly normal comparisons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a bad experience but, since you have left no name here, we don't know who to make contact with directly. Our broker's manner has clearly offended you and for that we since... read more »

Failed expectation.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

I decided to use Mortgage Broker Melbourne based on good reviews online. Well. I'd better not to do this. I had a very simple task: refinance single mortgage with 70% LVR (which mean no issues with insurances, approvals, etc) into another bank and complete 2 (yep, just two) payments to third parties. Two simple EFT.
Settlement was delayed by nearly month since formal approval which cost me extra payments. But that was OK.
At the day of settlement bank were not able to process as they "did not have enough funds", what we did find out is that broker didn't send updated documentation to the bank. Luckily he was able to do it within settlement day.
After settlement I found extra $500 charges on my account, while at the beginning I was told that this refinance will cost me zero and bank has a $1200 "welcome" package to cover transfer cost. The broker "forgot" about those extra charges and no pack were available.
The actual settlement was $950 more than originally planned.
After all, several business days later, I found that none of third-parties got any funds. After chasing the broker for two days I found that bank issued _paper_ cheques, because they not able to do EFT.

So now I paid extra $1400 in fees and charges and none of third-parties got funds as I still need to process cheques at my own time and my own expenses.

You probably will be beneficial from them only if you don't care about couple grands loss in fees and extremely busy so you not able to do basic online research and elementary math. On my own I would make much more easier refinance.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a poor experience. Bank delays are frustrating but there were aspects of your transaction that were under Tobe's control that definitely could have been handled better. We... read more »

job well done!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

we are very lucky to have him as our mortgage broker. he's very patient and accommodating in dealing with all our questions. He definitely knows whats he is doing. A very happy client here

Excellent service, understanding and prompt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

This is the second time I have employed the services of Dario from Mortgage Broker Melbourne. When I needed to refinance, I had absolutely no hesistation yo Call Dario to help me find the best solution for my situation. I cannot rate Dario highly enough. He is such a caring broker, understanding in difficult times and really makes the process smooth. I needed additional assistance with getting evaluations done on my home and Dario was able to help. Dario is always professional. I recommend Dario to all my friends and family.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Demi! I am always here to assist you with any finance needs in the future. Best Regards, Dario

Patience and Persistence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Despite delays from bank, our broker Lam Nguyen went the extra mile in going to bat for us and making sure we made settlement on time. He was always patient, professional, and responsive to our stresses and needs, and did what he had to do to finalize our loan approval in time for settlement. I will be recommending Lam to friends.

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Dario Chiodo provided an excellent, professional service. I would certainly recommend him to anyone seeking assistance in arranging a mortgage.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Murray, great working with you! Best Regards, Dario

Helpful and persistent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

The team worked hard the whole process never stopped trying and got the result we were chasing
Fantastic dedication to the task and great customer service

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Jason, We really appreciate you choosing us to arrange this for you!

Verified Customer

Super helpful and easy to understand

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Marc was incredibly helpful throughout the process from start to finish. As a first home buyer, I couldn’t have chosen a better broker to help me understand everything I needed to consider. Thanks Marc!

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Belle! It was a pleasure working with you!

Life saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I can not reccommend Dario Chiodo from Melbourne Mortgage Broker highly enough. We were in a very sticky situation trying to get our home loan but Dario delivered. He is very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. He held our hand the whole way, explained everything in detail and in a way we could understand. Everything was done quickly and efficiently. We could not have done this without him and his expertise. I would highly recommend Dario to anyone who needs a loan

Fantastic service from Dario Chiodo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I recently dealt with Dario Chiodo in relation to re-financing my home loan. Dario was able to find the best home loan for me, he guided me through the process from start to finish, kept me informed of the progress and provided help with the paperwork. Overall Dario provided excellent customer service, very professional in his approach and I would highly recommend Dario for home loan re-financing and other banking needs. Many Thanks.

Fantastic customer service from Maurizio Barba

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Fantastic customer service from Maurizio Barba. He was very quick with to respond, to chase the bank and other parties involved in the process of purchasing a land. He guided me through the process and helped me all ong the way, absolutely great guy to deal with. Many thanks Mauricio!!!

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks for your kind words Edgars! Best Regards Maurizio

Great experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

We hired Tobe Cooper from Mortgage Broker Melbourne in order to assist us with refinancing our home loan. His attitude towards the customers (in terms of work ethic, communication skills, product knowledge etc ...) exceeds any expectations. It is absolutely outstanding. He pays great attention to details while keeping the big picture in mind. Therefore he is a true professional focused and dedicated in getting the job done within a minimum timeframe.
Great experience with Mortgage Broker Melbourne overall!

I would highly recommend him for mortgage service. Thank you for all your work.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

This was my first experience using a mortgage broker. It was absolutely pleasure to dealing with Maurizio Barba from Mortgage Broker Melbourne, he made everything really simple and provided me with the best deal I could get in my situation, he was clear and precise with his advice and was efficient with the paperwork. I would highly recommend him for mortgage service. Thank you for all your work.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Elina! It was enjoyable working with you guys! Best Regards, Maurizio

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

I’m grateful for the opportunity to rate my experience with mortgage broker Melbourne. They’re very helpful and efficient.i would recommend others use them.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Rose! It was a pleasure working with you, all the best, Dario

So professional and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

As first home buyers, we sought out Mortgage Broker Melbourne due to the fantastic reviews on this site. We dealt with Dario, and also Grace, and they were both fantastic, professional and very helpful, seeking out and finding the best home loan that suited us. Dario explained everything to us and was more than happy to answer our questions throughout the process, even when they were just basic questions. I would absolutely recommend them.

Excellent thoroughly professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I have just bought an investment property. Dario guided me through the process every step of the way and worked hard to find the best lender for my needs. Highly recommended for any property purchase or even re-financing.

Great Service and Saved me time and Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Lam was excellent and took care if all the details. He was able to save me a lot of money and time. Highly recommend Lam if your looking for a broker.

When a big 4 Bank lets you down with no fall back these are the people to call

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Earlier this year I was in a real bind with my Bank of 30 years (yes a big 4 !) who approved a home loan and encouraged me to go to auction . After securing a property they changed their mind and left me in a big lurch. I rang Grace at MBM and in the first 5 minutes she assured me she could fix it and that I shouldn't worry . 48 hours later she delivered ! Throughout the 48 hours she communicated constantly and once the deal was secured took me through every step of the process. I live overseas and travel a lot so she went the extra mile to accommodate time zones too ! As is always the case with home loan financing there were issues along the way but Grace was always front and centre sorting through stuff. I cannot speak highly enough of the level of service received here and the 'stress free' way that MBM handled every possible contingency.

Verified Customer

First experience and would definitely use again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Mortgage Broker Melbourne were in my experience, very efficient, professional and easy to deal with. This was my first experience using a mortgage broker, taking out a mortgage and buying a property. I found Dario to be very understanding of this, he took the time to explain things that may be obvious to most people but to the novice needing explaining. He was very quick with to respond, to chase the bank and other parties involved in the process of purchasing a home. Dario has a very professional manner but at the same time made the experience feel personal and I would highly recommend him for mortgage services, especially for those who this is their first time taking out a mortgage. Thank you for all of your help.

5 star service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Dario lived up to his recommendation. He was clear and precise with his advice and was efficient with the paperwork.

1 of 5 pages

Hi, my wife and I are looking to purchase our first home. We only have 10% deposit and we have both our parents houses as surety. We were advised because our parents were pensioner, living in those homes that they couldn't accept those properties. is there another way besides mortgage insurance to get into the market. kind Regards Alex

Alex and Anna asked on Feb 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Alex and Anna, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! In some cases, lenders mortgage insurance can actually be waived. For us to see if you would qualify, can you email us at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au? Best Regards, Marc Barlow

I'm wondering if its possible to still get a home loan if I don't have a job at the moment but have a deposit for 50%?

Rani R asked on Dec 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rani, thanks for your enquiry! It is important you are able to afford repayments on the loan so an income will be required, otherwise you risk losing your deposit. We’d be happy to look into this further for you, please email info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and we can send you our responsible lending questionnaire. Merry Christmas!

Hi there I would like to purchase an apartment in docklands I have a property with my brother but he doesn't want to buy. Is this still possible I do work full time?

Sonya H asked on Oct 26, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sonya, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! To properly advise you though, we need to gather some more information if that's OK? Can I send you a link to our secure, online responsible lending questionnaire? (If so, please email me at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I'll reply with the link and we can get started)

See all 20 questions about Mortgage Broker Melbourne