Very quick to disregard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

While [name removed] seemed to be very helpful at the beginning of the process, as soon as we politely compared his services to the services we received from the banks and what they could offers us, he became very defensive and rude. Quite egotistical. He was very quick to disregard us as we politely questioned certain documents he required; two other lenders did not require. He could not match the low interest rate we were offered elsewhere. A waste of our time. Not sure where all of these great reviews came from. We made the mistake in contacting this broker because of these reviews. We did not come close to having the same experience and have no idea how these reviews are so positive!

+ At the beginning he seemed very helpful

- A waste of our time, too sensitive and easily offended when making perfectly normal comparisons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a bad experience but, since you have left no name here, we don't know who to make contact with directly. Our broker's manner has clearly offended you and for that we since... read more »

Failed expectation.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

I decided to use Mortgage Broker Melbourne based on good reviews online. Well. I'd better not to do this. I had a very simple task: refinance single mortgage with 70% LVR (which mean no issues with insurances, approvals, etc) into another bank and complete 2 (yep, just two) payments to third parties. Two simple EFT.
Settlement was delayed by nearly month since formal approval which cost me extra payments. But that was OK.
At the day of settlement bank were not able to process as they "did not have enough funds", what we did find out is that broker didn't send updated documentation to the bank. Luckily he was able to do it within settlement day.
After settlement I found extra $500 charges on my account, while at the beginning I was told that this refinance will cost me zero and bank has a $1200 "welcome" package to cover transfer cost. The broker "forgot" about those extra charges and no pack were available.
The actual settlement was $950 more than originally planned.
After all, several business days later, I found that none of third-parties got any funds. After chasing the broker for two days I found that bank issued _paper_ cheques, because they not able to do EFT.

So now I paid extra $1400 in fees and charges and none of third-parties got funds as I still need to process cheques at my own time and my own expenses.

You probably will be beneficial from them only if you don't care about couple grands loss in fees and extremely busy so you not able to do basic online research and elementary math. On my own I would make much more easier refinance.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a poor experience. Bank delays are frustrating but there were aspects of your transaction that were under Tobe's control that definitely could have been handled better. We... read more »

job well done!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

we are very lucky to have him as our mortgage broker. he's very patient and accommodating in dealing with all our questions. He definitely knows whats he is doing. A very happy client here

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

It was a breath of fresh air to find Grace and Dario particularly after having dealt with my previous mortgage broker. Grace has been with me through the entire process, I was impressed with the efficiency and speed of turn-over during each phase. I would recommend Grace and Dario unreservedly for any mortgage related services. Thank you both for all your help and for your excellent service.

We are very happy with Dario Chiodo’s service, highly recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

We have had a few property buying and selling experience and without any doubt our experience with Dario as our mortgage broker is the best one ever. He is a knowledgeable, professional and easy to work with broker. He is especially good at understanding the customers’s expectations and act accordingly. We enjoyed every moment of working with Dario.

Excellent Service Provided. Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Dario was amazing from first meeting through to settlement. I never thought I would be able to find anyone to help me out of the mess I was in, but Dario was brilliant. Listened to all my debts and what I needed to do to get myself out of the whole I was in and never judged me for the mess I’d got myself into. I cannot thank Dario enough

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Lea, great to work with you! Best Regards, Dario

Professional and stressfree

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I would highly recomend Marc and most definately refer to my family and friends. The entire experience myself and my husband had in purchasing our new home was truely professional. Thank you for the great communication every step of the way and making a stressful situation stress free.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Hi Karen, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback, your kind words are much appreciated! Cheers! Marc

Tobe Cooper the BEST

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Tobe Cooper was the sole broker we contacted. He was just brilliant and followed through on everything during the entire process. Tobe was very quick in responding to our queries and was very knowledgeable dealing with our concerns. His calm manner made the stressful process feel smooth and seamless. I would highly recommend Tobe and Mortgage Broker Melbourne to everyone.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Thil! Great working with you! Best Regards, Tobe.

Amazing service and very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Dario and Grace were really helpful, they were helping me from the first day till the settlement and always there when I needed any assistants.
I highly recommend Dario and Grace.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Ram, it was an absolute pleasure working with you!

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Alan Casey is the BEST

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

Alan was and is knowledgeable, honest, informative, transparent and supportive. I highly recommend Alan Casey. Alan listened to our needs and delivered perfectly.

Excellent service, understanding and prompt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

This is the second time I have employed the services of Dario from Mortgage Broker Melbourne. When I needed to refinance, I had absolutely no hesistation yo Call Dario to help me find the best solution for my situation. I cannot rate Dario highly enough. He is such a caring broker, understanding in difficult times and really makes the process smooth. I needed additional assistance with getting evaluations done on my home and Dario was able to help. Dario is always professional. I recommend Dario to all my friends and family.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Demi! I am always here to assist you with any finance needs in the future. Best Regards, Dario

Patience and Persistence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Despite delays from bank, our broker Lam Nguyen went the extra mile in going to bat for us and making sure we made settlement on time. He was always patient, professional, and responsive to our stresses and needs, and did what he had to do to finalize our loan approval in time for settlement. I will be recommending Lam to friends.

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Dario Chiodo provided an excellent, professional service. I would certainly recommend him to anyone seeking assistance in arranging a mortgage.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Murray, great working with you! Best Regards, Dario

Helpful and persistent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

The team worked hard the whole process never stopped trying and got the result we were chasing
Fantastic dedication to the task and great customer service

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Jason, We really appreciate you choosing us to arrange this for you!

Verified Customer

Super helpful and easy to understand

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Marc was incredibly helpful throughout the process from start to finish. As a first home buyer, I couldn’t have chosen a better broker to help me understand everything I needed to consider. Thanks Marc!

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Belle! It was a pleasure working with you!

Life saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I can not reccommend Dario Chiodo from Melbourne Mortgage Broker highly enough. We were in a very sticky situation trying to get our home loan but Dario delivered. He is very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. He held our hand the whole way, explained everything in detail and in a way we could understand. Everything was done quickly and efficiently. We could not have done this without him and his expertise. I would highly recommend Dario to anyone who needs a loan

Fantastic service from Dario Chiodo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I recently dealt with Dario Chiodo in relation to re-financing my home loan. Dario was able to find the best home loan for me, he guided me through the process from start to finish, kept me informed of the progress and provided help with the paperwork. Overall Dario provided excellent customer service, very professional in his approach and I would highly recommend Dario for home loan re-financing and other banking needs. Many Thanks.

Fantastic customer service from Maurizio Barba

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Fantastic customer service from Maurizio Barba. He was very quick with to respond, to chase the bank and other parties involved in the process of purchasing a land. He guided me through the process and helped me all ong the way, absolutely great guy to deal with. Many thanks Mauricio!!!

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks for your kind words Edgars! Best Regards Maurizio

Great experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

We hired Tobe Cooper from Mortgage Broker Melbourne in order to assist us with refinancing our home loan. His attitude towards the customers (in terms of work ethic, communication skills, product knowledge etc ...) exceeds any expectations. It is absolutely outstanding. He pays great attention to details while keeping the big picture in mind. Therefore he is a true professional focused and dedicated in getting the job done within a minimum timeframe.
Great experience with Mortgage Broker Melbourne overall!

I would highly recommend him for mortgage service. Thank you for all your work.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

This was my first experience using a mortgage broker. It was absolutely pleasure to dealing with Maurizio Barba from Mortgage Broker Melbourne, he made everything really simple and provided me with the best deal I could get in my situation, he was clear and precise with his advice and was efficient with the paperwork. I would highly recommend him for mortgage service. Thank you for all your work.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Elina! It was enjoyable working with you guys! Best Regards, Maurizio

1 of 6 pages

Hi there does your service also do refinancing services in Brisbane?

Tom asked on Jun 25, 2018

Answer this

Hi Tom, absolutely we can! Please call 1800 111 626 and we can start the ball rolling.

Hi, my wife and I are looking to purchase our first home. We only have 10% deposit and we have both our parents houses as surety. We were advised because our parents were pensioner, living in those homes that they couldn't accept those properties. is there another way besides mortgage insurance to get into the market. kind Regards Alex

Alex and Anna asked on Feb 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Alex and Anna, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! In some cases, lenders mortgage insurance can actually be waived. For us to see if you would qualify, can you email us at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au? Best Regards, Marc Barlow

I'm wondering if its possible to still get a home loan if I don't have a job at the moment but have a deposit for 50%?

Rani R asked on Dec 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rani, thanks for your enquiry! It is important you are able to afford repayments on the loan so an income will be required, otherwise you risk losing your deposit. We’d be happy to look into this further for you, please email info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and we can send you our responsible lending questionnaire. Merry Christmas!

See all 21 questions about Mortgage Broker Melbourne