Very quick to disregard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

While [name removed] seemed to be very helpful at the beginning of the process, as soon as we politely compared his services to the services we received from the banks and what they could offers us, he became very defensive and rude. Quite egotistical. He was very quick to disregard us as we politely questioned certain documents he required; two other lenders did not require. He could not match the low interest rate we were offered elsewhere. A waste of our time. Not sure where all of these great reviews came from. We made the mistake in contacting this broker because of these reviews. We did not come close to having the same experience and have no idea how these reviews are so positive!

+ At the beginning he seemed very helpful

- A waste of our time, too sensitive and easily offended when making perfectly normal comparisons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a bad experience but, since you have left no name here, we don't know who to make contact with directly. Our broker's manner has clearly offended you and for that we since... read more »

• 1 review

Failed expectation.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

I decided to use Mortgage Broker Melbourne based on good reviews online. Well. I'd better not to do this. I had a very simple task: refinance single mortgage with 70% LVR (which mean no issues with insurances, approvals, etc) into another bank and complete 2 (yep, just two) payments to third parties. Two simple EFT.
Settlement was delayed by nearly month since formal approval which cost me extra payments. But that was OK.
At the day of settlement bank were not able to process as they "did not have enough funds", what we did find out is that broker didn't send updated documentation to the bank. Luckily he was able to do it within settlement day.
After settlement I found extra $500 charges on my account, while at the beginning I was told that this refinance will cost me zero and bank has a $1200 "welcome" package to cover transfer cost. The broker "forgot" about those extra charges and no pack were available.
The actual settlement was $950 more than originally planned.
After all, several business days later, I found that none of third-parties got any funds. After chasing the broker for two days I found that bank issued _paper_ cheques, because they not able to do EFT.

So now I paid extra $1400 in fees and charges and none of third-parties got funds as I still need to process cheques at my own time and my own expenses.

You probably will be beneficial from them only if you don't care about couple grands loss in fees and extremely busy so you not able to do basic online research and elementary math. On my own I would make much more easier refinance.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a poor experience. Bank delays are frustrating but there were aspects of your transaction that were under Tobe's control that definitely could have been handled better. We... read more »

Just a quick update - they supposed to get in touch after one year to review if product they sold is still fit for purpose or anything else is required. As you can imaging - they didn't bother to d... read more »

Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Hi Mike, once again we apologise for the experience you had. Based on your feedback we have improved our processes around refinances and we thank you for that. We reached out to you at the time thr... read more »

job well done!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

we are very lucky to have him as our mortgage broker. he's very patient and accommodating in dealing with all our questions. He definitely knows whats he is doing. A very happy client here

Maurizio made the process clear, concise, and easy to understand! 10/10!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Maurizio was fantastic. He guided us through the whole process with expertise and ease. I have already recommended Maurizio to our friends if they ever need a mortgage broker.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Evan it was a pleasure to have worked with you both, Best Regards, Maurizio. (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

Amazing from start to finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

As first home buyers, we didn't even know where to start however having read so many amazing reviews of Mortgage Broker Melbourne we decided to give them a go. Very glad to say the reviews don't lie as we've not been disappointed! From the very start Tobe put our mind at ease and took time to ensure we were comfortable with all of the options and information presented to us. What I think really sets Tobe and the team apart is the after care they provide even after approval if given by your lender of choice. You never just feel like a number which I must say has been very refreshing. My wife and I look forward to working with Tobe and the team again in the future.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Tim, it was a great pleasure working with you! Best Regards, Tobe and Rebekah. (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

Responsive and felxiable 5 stars service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I was guided throughout every step of getting the home loan process , I was able to receive the best deals and get great service at the same time. Thank you Ben Behar

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Oran - pleasure to help you out and thanks for the referrals! It nice knowing that I'm your trusted broker that you'd tell your friends about. (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK ... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I have utilized Dario on two occasions now and have been extremely happy and impressed with his service and relevant knowledge of the home loan industry - nothing was too much trouble and he secured us a very competitive rate. I'd have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone looking for a new home loan and will certainly use his services again.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Craig for your continued support! (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

• 1 review
Private message

A professional and friendly team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Mario and Grace are a professional and friendly team who offer clear and disclosing advice about mortgages, and who work in a very timely and patient manner to explore, explain, and execute financially-beneficial outcomes. Great to work with.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Many thanks for your support Jason, Best Regards! (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

Dario, not Mario. Autocorrect got me again.

Mortgage application

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I had Ben Bahar sort out my mortgage application and he was very helpful throughout. Informative and easy to understand. Made the process go very smoothly.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Hi Ian, It is my pleasure to assist - thanks for the nice feedback. Its nice to know we're doing a good job! (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a differ... read more »

5 star, highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Thanks to Tobe and the team for finding me the right loan for my first apartment, particularly as a buyer looking at smaller apartments (<50sqm). Tobe, Kim & Rebekah were responsive, transparent, and a delight to work with. I would absolutely recommend avoiding the stress of dealing with the banks yourself and go see Tobe instead! Thanks!

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Sarah, it was great working with you too! Best Regards, Tobe, Kim and Rebekah (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

Great customer experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

Great thank to Ben for helping me through finding mortgage finance. I was really clue less in the early stage last year to finance off plan land and house constructions, Ben has been helpful explaining the process and advising according. I would highly recommend Ben to my network

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks BK, for taking the time to leave us such great feedback! (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

Property purchasing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Found to be very helpfull made the whole process very easy and very professional when it comes to service thanks dario

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks for those kind words Anthony! (By the way, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS at top of page instead).

Fantastic experience with Dario and Grace

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I simply can not speak highly enough of Grace and Dario at Mortgage Broker Melbourne.
They put in a lot of effort to secure the best possible loan for me, refinancing and renovating.
Everything was clearly explained, their knowledge, communication and service was fantastic.
Such a great professional team who actually cared about helping me, all their hard work is very much appreciated, I would recommend them one hundred times over.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks for choosing us Samuel, it was fantastic working with you! (BTW, to find us again in the future, please click our WEBSITE ADDRESS at the TOP OF THE PAGE, just next to OUR LOGO. If you cli... read more »

Dario and Grace are the best..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Dario and Grace are highly recomended as mortgage broker. We appreciated all the effort and did the best they can do. We are thankful to them and we can look forward building our home soon.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks for your feedback and for choosing us to arrange this for you! Best Regards, Dario and Grace. (BTW, to find us next time, DON'T CLICK "OFFICIAL WEBSITE", this goes to a different firm, CLICK OUR WEB ADDRESS AT TOP OF PAGE INSTEAD).

Excellent Experience with Tobe & Kim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I had a great experience with both Tobe & Kim. They converted my complex situation into simple solution. Great team with professional attitude and healthy relationships which makes life easier. Much appreciate all effort and the way this organisation works. Very very helpful!!!!!. Love to recommend others

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Praveen!

10 out of 10 - Thanks Marc and team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

The team at Mortgage Broker Melbourne were impeccable. Marc was magnanimous with his time from our very first meeting. His knowledge is second to none, even in a time of flux in the banking world. We are very grateful for the effort he and his team delivered. They helped us to feel informed and comfortable throughout the process.

A stand out quality Marc possesses, is the ability to talk through details, processes and concerns in a calm fashion - even when we were feeling pressure as auctions were just minutes away! He knew when to press the bank (and our conveyancer) to create a seamless experience that resulted in us winning our dream home, with a great loan.

His due diligence helped us to determine an upper loan limited within our means (turns out we didn’t need that much!) - he knows when to take risks, and when to be conservative. While working with Marc and his team, we felt supported, informed, and safe in making such a big purchase.

Many thanks, and looking forward to the next time.

Sincerely Simon & Michelle

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Simon and Michelle, it was great working with you guys, thanks for such kind feedback! Cheers! Marc

Highly recommend!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Dario was amazing from first meeting to loan settlement. He provided great support and made our home refinance process very smooth. Highly recommend
Many thanks for great support.

Helpful, Patient, Knowledgeable - No hesitation in recommending!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

My wife and I used Tobe and Kim at MBM throughout the financing process for our knock-down and rebuild home in the SE Suburbs.
This was a complex multi-year process as we had multiple facilities (Land loan, construction loan, pool + landscaping addition) to set up over the period. There was additional complexity due to non-standard issues around income verification for the loan assessors to which Tobe attended to diligently.
I cannot speak highly enough of both Tobe and Kim - they were polite, responsive (via both email and voicemail) and incredibly patient with us, even when we were getting stressed! Tobe went out of his way to help, for example visiting our home in unsociable hours and at weekends to go through paperwork and collect signed documents. Highly recommended!!!

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Thanks Chris, for taking the time to leave us such kind feedback! It was great working with you both. Best Regards, Tobe and Kim

Great experience as first home buyers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

As first home buyers we were pretty overwhelmed, however from our first visit Ben made us feel welcome and explained the whole process in precise detail. He answered all our questions (and we had a lot!!) and did this in a way that we could understand. We could ring Ben anytime with questions during the whole process and he would get back to us very swiftly with the answers. It made an experience, that would have been very overwhelming for people that are new to the homeowners process, actually enjoyable. We constantly were kept up to date during our settlement period. The conveyancer recommendation was great too. Overall we were very satisfied with the services from Mortgage Brokers Melbourne and especially Ben. And I believe the service is ungoing as Ben will re-evaluate our home loan in the times to come, for any better deals. Very happy customers and new home owners.

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

Hi Geoffrey,
Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure being able to assist such a nice couple as yourselves into your first home - its why I do what I do! Best Regards, Ben

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

My first and only mortgage (so far) but MBM made it as stress-free as possible.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

My wife and I used Mortgage Broker Melbourne for our first home.

Mark and the team really helped take the edge off a nerve racking and intimidating process. Not only that, they provided great advice on all matters (including some really excellent advice in other areas).

It’s been nearly 2 years since we used them and I can say we are still happy with our loan and provider.

I highly recommend these guys for anyone looking at entering the housing market.

1 of 7 pages