Took all the hard work out of getting a home loan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Marc was great to deal with - he was thorough and informative but still easygoing and approachable throughout. I felt I could call at any time and ask him to clarify anything. No question was too silly! It was great being able to pick his brain and benefit from his vast experience in an area where we were just beginners. Saved us a huge amount of time and hassle. I would thoroughly recommend.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Marc successfully renegotiated our home loan with a new lender, a move that will save us tens of thousands in the long run. A job well done (again)!

Excellent Service and Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2016

Dealing with Marc was an absolute pleasure. He made sure I was informed at each stage of the loan process. He was diligent and thorough. I highly recommend Marc to anyone that is in the market for a home loan.

Very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

We were very pleased with the service Mortgage Broker Melbourne provided us with. Our situation was slightly unusual in that we had just moved to Australia and wanted to buy as soon as possible, but our mortgage broker (Marc) was unfazed, explained our options and walked us through the bank's processes. Very easy and efficient - would certainly recommend.

Melbourne

Private message

Excellent Service & Support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2016

Marc has been our Mortgage Broker for the purchase of two properties. He provided an impeccable level of service and peace of mind when choosing the right mortgage provider for us. Marc was reliable, knowledgeable and always made himself available to assist with our queries, regardless of how small. We would definitely recommend Marc's services to anyone in need of a Mortgage Broker.

Everything a Mortgage Broker should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2016

From our first discussion right through to our final meeting to sign off on our loan documentation, Marc has been fantastic to work with. Always incredibly prompt to respond and went out of his way to ensure we had all the facts regarding our loan.

If I was to sum up our experience with Mortgage Broker Melbourne in three words it would be: Efficient, Detailed and Reliable.

Thanks for all your help and we look forward to touching base with you along the way as we start our home ownership journey!

Verified Customer

Great experience, amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

Marc and Selena have been great to deal with, very efficient with their responses and easy to comprehend and follow processes. We have had no issues working with them, and their relationship with the bank we are using seems to be great; everything has run extremely smoothly. I had heard many horror stories dealing with banks around construction home lending, but have not had a single concern while dealing with MBM.
Marc has made the whole process streamlined and easy, I would certainly recommend MBM and will no doubt use them again in future.

Verified Customer

Seamless experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2016

Thank you Marc for the outstanding service! I will soon be moving into my new house.
Marc has been dealing me with like a true professional right from the get go. He wouldn't waste his time or your time as he values and understands the importance of time which is a hallmark of a true professional.
He explained to me and patiently walked me through all the details and intricacies of the loan and answered questions that never crossed my mind.
Borrowing loan can be a complex process and with Marc you are in good hands!

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Made a Dream Come True!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

First of all, Thank you to people for leaving reviews as we used MBM based on reviews on here. These guys are fantastic! They have done so much to help us get our loan as first home buyers even with the difficulty we had in our situation. Explained everything from start to beginning and was happy to explain over and over again till we certain we knew and were all on the same page. If we called or emailed, we would get a response immediately. Very Prompt and professional. I have and will continue to recommend MBM to everyone I know.

Using these guys is a no brainer. Exceptional service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2015

[Name removed] and [Name removed] made a daunting process absolutely trouble free. I cannot recommend enough, using the services of these guys. Superb service with everything explained in detail and with exceptional patience.

Recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

I recently purchased my first property using Mortgage Broker Melbourne (recommended by a friend). I found the process selecting the loan product to be very easy - Marc explained the different options available to me clearly and contacted my existing bank to see if I could get a competitive rate. Once I had signed the purchase contract, the process to get loan approved and settlement was again very smooth - and I was away for 3 of 6 weeks leading up to the settlement period. Found that Marc was always available for communication. I would recommend using MBM.

Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2015

Marc and Selena were amazing, super-friendly and super-helpful in assisting us with the purchase of our first home! Being totally new to the property market, it was great to have someone walk us through the entire process, from beginning to end, from going through lender options, to the application and approval, right through to settlement, and still continue to go beyond! Great follow up, and great advice. Highly recommended!

Great support and guidance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

Fantastic support and guidance from Marc from initial inquiry right through to completion on our first Australian home having moved over from the UK. Would highly recommend.

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

Can't fault Mortgage Broker Melbourne's service. Marc was excellent and came to our house one evening which was great as we were unable to get there during the day. Didn't put any pressure on us, just provided us with everything we wanted to know. Expert, honest advice and can highly recommend. Will definitely use them again in the future.

Very Helpful and made everything run smoothly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2015

Excellent service! i would highly recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne. You deal with one person the whole time who answers all your questions making it very personal. As a first home buyer i am definitely recommending this service and Marc thanks for everything!

Excellent service again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2015

This is the sixth time I have used Marc at Mortgage Broker Melbourne to arrange a mortgage. Marc has always been knowledgable, clear in his explanations, and thoroughly diligent. His advice over the past 15 years has proven invaluable and has resulted in interest rate savings and lifestyle appropriate loans. I would not hesitate to recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne.

Another great experience for our second time around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2015

Melbourne mortgage brokers handled our first construction loan for our investment property with such professionalism and efficiency that they were the obvious choice when we were looking for our own home. ([name removed]) arranged the pre-approval and gave us advice along the way. It took us almost 12 months to find our property and we were always supported by Melbourne Mortgage Brokers. During our hunt ([name removed]) provided us with RP data property reports at no cost for properties we were interested in. When we found our house, he handled our loan and also arranged to refinance our investment property. Always supportive and quick to get back to me with everything I asked of him.

Outstanding professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2015

Top and professional service by [name removed] and his team. Very happy with it and they follow up throughout the process to make sure you don't get lost! The only regret I have is not finding them early enough and saves our $$$!!

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2015

[Name Removed] from Mortgage Brokers Melbourne helped us find the best deal on a loan and offered excellent service and advice along the way. Many of my family and extended family have gone through Marc for our loans and we will continue to do so.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Private message

Excellent professional service for even the most demanding clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

[Name Removed] from Mortgage broker Melbourne is fantastic! I would consider myself to be a difficult client to deal with especially when buying property and [Name Removed] had all the patience in the world to catch up with us and push the deal through in record time ! The patience and support provided was extremely professional and he was more than happy to push all the buttons necessary to get us over the line. The deal he negotiated for us was fantastic as well and as someone who shops around and always on the lookout for the best offer, I was very impressed. Thanks [Name Removed]. Look forward to working with you again soon !

3 of 4 pages

Hi there I would like to purchase an apartment in docklands I have a property with my brother but he doesn't want to buy. Is this still possible I do work full time?

Sonya H asked on Oct 26, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sonya, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! To properly advise you though, we need to gather some more information if that's OK? Can I send you a link to our secure, online responsible lending questionnaire? (If so, please email me at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I'll reply with the link and we can get started)

HI, I need to obtain a loan for a soon to be completed apartment in West Brunswick. i am a non Resident and am based in Singapore. Kindly advise if I could obtain a loan? Thank you Jeffrey

Jeff asked on Sep 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jeff, thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist if we can. There are a number of factors that determine eligibility so we have put together a fact find questionnaire which helps us properly analyze your scenario. Can you please email me at marc@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I will reply with a secure link? Cheers! Marc

Hi, I've just hit my second year of self employment, am I able to book or receive some information in regards to what I need to apply for an investment prop or first home buyer loan? A rough estimate on what I would be looking for would be a 300k loan. Currently have 15k deposit saved, with a before tax of 80k earnings. Am I able to enter the field or should I come back once I have a larger deposit. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've herd nothing but great things about you guys. Thanks.

Alan asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Alan, thanks for your enquiry! We'd love to chat to you because there is a bit more info we would gather before we could properly advise. Could you give us a call on 1800 111 626? Grace would send you a link to our responsible lending questionnaire to get the ball rolling. Cheers! Marc

Hello Alan,
Grace here from Mortgage Broker Melbourne.
further to your query above, banks have two main criteria when assessing a loan. One being that you can afford the loan based on your income. I have done a very brief servicing with the information you have provided above, and borrowing capacity for a $300K purchase is evident, which is great news.

The second criteria banks will look at is that you are not borrowing more than 95% of the value of the property your are purchasing. With a $15K deposit this barely scrapes through at 95%. the other thing to consider is that when you borrow more than 80% of the value of any property an Insurance is payable to lenders and this is called Lenders Mortgage Insurance. This unfortunately cannot be waived and is added to the loan in most cases, so once we add the mortgage insurance which is approximately $8500 this takes the overall lending to 98%. in this case you would need to save a further $8500 to cover the insurance cost.

you are almost there which is great news!
Alan, my number is 0434 266 411
please call me at any time, should you have further queries, and please feel free to contact me directly once you have the further funds saved and I will ensure one of your experienced brokers contact you to help guide you through the process.

have a fantastic day