Everything a Mortgage Broker should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2016

From our first discussion right through to our final meeting to sign off on our loan documentation, Marc has been fantastic to work with. Always incredibly prompt to respond and went out of his way to ensure we had all the facts regarding our loan.

If I was to sum up our experience with Mortgage Broker Melbourne in three words it would be: Efficient, Detailed and Reliable.

Thanks for all your help and we look forward to touching base with you along the way as we start our home ownership journey!

Verified Customer

Great experience, amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

Marc and Selena have been great to deal with, very efficient with their responses and easy to comprehend and follow processes. We have had no issues working with them, and their relationship with the bank we are using seems to be great; everything has run extremely smoothly. I had heard many horror stories dealing with banks around construction home lending, but have not had a single concern while dealing with MBM.
Marc has made the whole process streamlined and easy, I would certainly recommend MBM and will no doubt use them again in future.

Verified Customer

Seamless experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2016

Thank you Marc for the outstanding service! I will soon be moving into my new house.
Marc has been dealing me with like a true professional right from the get go. He wouldn't waste his time or your time as he values and understands the importance of time which is a hallmark of a true professional.
He explained to me and patiently walked me through all the details and intricacies of the loan and answered questions that never crossed my mind.
Borrowing loan can be a complex process and with Marc you are in good hands!

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Made a Dream Come True!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

First of all, Thank you to people for leaving reviews as we used MBM based on reviews on here. These guys are fantastic! They have done so much to help us get our loan as first home buyers even with the difficulty we had in our situation. Explained everything from start to beginning and was happy to explain over and over again till we certain we knew and were all on the same page. If we called or emailed, we would get a response immediately. Very Prompt and professional. I have and will continue to recommend MBM to everyone I know.

Using these guys is a no brainer. Exceptional service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2015

[Name removed] and [Name removed] made a daunting process absolutely trouble free. I cannot recommend enough, using the services of these guys. Superb service with everything explained in detail and with exceptional patience.

Recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

I recently purchased my first property using Mortgage Broker Melbourne (recommended by a friend). I found the process selecting the loan product to be very easy - Marc explained the different options available to me clearly and contacted my existing bank to see if I could get a competitive rate. Once I had signed the purchase contract, the process to get loan approved and settlement was again very smooth - and I was away for 3 of 6 weeks leading up to the settlement period. Found that Marc was always available for communication. I would recommend using MBM.

Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2015

Marc and Selena were amazing, super-friendly and super-helpful in assisting us with the purchase of our first home! Being totally new to the property market, it was great to have someone walk us through the entire process, from beginning to end, from going through lender options, to the application and approval, right through to settlement, and still continue to go beyond! Great follow up, and great advice. Highly recommended!

Great support and guidance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

Fantastic support and guidance from Marc from initial inquiry right through to completion on our first Australian home having moved over from the UK. Would highly recommend.

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

Can't fault Mortgage Broker Melbourne's service. Marc was excellent and came to our house one evening which was great as we were unable to get there during the day. Didn't put any pressure on us, just provided us with everything we wanted to know. Expert, honest advice and can highly recommend. Will definitely use them again in the future.

Very Helpful and made everything run smoothly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2015

Excellent service! i would highly recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne. You deal with one person the whole time who answers all your questions making it very personal. As a first home buyer i am definitely recommending this service and Marc thanks for everything!

Excellent service again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2015

This is the sixth time I have used Marc at Mortgage Broker Melbourne to arrange a mortgage. Marc has always been knowledgable, clear in his explanations, and thoroughly diligent. His advice over the past 15 years has proven invaluable and has resulted in interest rate savings and lifestyle appropriate loans. I would not hesitate to recommend Mortgage Broker Melbourne.

Another great experience for our second time around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2015

Melbourne mortgage brokers handled our first construction loan for our investment property with such professionalism and efficiency that they were the obvious choice when we were looking for our own home. ([name removed]) arranged the pre-approval and gave us advice along the way. It took us almost 12 months to find our property and we were always supported by Melbourne Mortgage Brokers. During our hunt ([name removed]) provided us with RP data property reports at no cost for properties we were interested in. When we found our house, he handled our loan and also arranged to refinance our investment property. Always supportive and quick to get back to me with everything I asked of him.

Outstanding professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2015

Top and professional service by [name removed] and his team. Very happy with it and they follow up throughout the process to make sure you don't get lost! The only regret I have is not finding them early enough and saves our $$$!!

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2015

[Name Removed] from Mortgage Brokers Melbourne helped us find the best deal on a loan and offered excellent service and advice along the way. Many of my family and extended family have gone through Marc for our loans and we will continue to do so.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Private message

Excellent professional service for even the most demanding clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

[Name Removed] from Mortgage broker Melbourne is fantastic! I would consider myself to be a difficult client to deal with especially when buying property and [Name Removed] had all the patience in the world to catch up with us and push the deal through in record time ! The patience and support provided was extremely professional and he was more than happy to push all the buttons necessary to get us over the line. The deal he negotiated for us was fantastic as well and as someone who shops around and always on the lookout for the best offer, I was very impressed. Thanks [Name Removed]. Look forward to working with you again soon !

Fantastic service and support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2014

I would very highly recommend Mortgage Brokers Melbourne. The patience and support provided was amazing. There was never a question to small and silly. Even after about a year of deliberation they were still there to the very end with the same amount of patience as at the beginning. The knowledge base that you receive is worth it by itself, we found it really helped us to feel comfortable and at ease with the contracts we were signing, let alone the great packages on offer. Thanks again we will definitely use again and recommend to everyone.

Exceeded all expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2014

From our first face to face meeting with [Name Removed] until the day we settled on our property (and beyond) we were impressed by the quality of service [Name Removed] provided. During the process [Name Removed] provided us with loan comparison information, interest rate advice, and property reports to help inform our purchase. We were particularly impressed by [Name Removed]'s timeliness in responding to our emails, ability to explain (often complex) concepts in simple terms, and his patience in answering our many questions. In all respects [Name Removed] exceeded our very high expectations. We would highly recommend [Name Removed] to anyone looking for quality lending advice. We now consider [Name Removed] to be a trusted advisor and look forward to working with him in the future.

+ Explained complex concepts in simple terms; timeliness of response; patience in answering questions

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent broker!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2014

Mortgage Broker, recently helped us with a mortgage for our first home, and we can't imagine having gone through it without his help. He took the time to talk with us about what we wanted, we were never rushed or pushed into anything, and he always happily answered any queries or concerns we had. When the mortgage application was submitted, whilst we sat back and pondered life in our new home, [Personal Name Removed] did all the chasing up with the bank and kept us informed on the progress. We wouldn't have done it any other way and won't hesitate to use his services again.

+ Professional, friendly, reliable

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Awesome service, highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2014

As a first home buyer, I had no idea about financing and [name removed] guided me every step of the way to make purchase a smooth transaction. He is great at what he does- tells you exactly what to expect, figures worked out are accurate, so no surprise expense. And he is always pleasant ( I've had a million questions and terms I didn't understand!) Now settled on time, without a problem, am very happy to recommend [name removed]!

+ Reliable, knowledgable, great to deal with!

Much easier than expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2014

While I was initially prepared to tackle my bank that I'd banked with my whole life myself for my first mortgage, I was referred to [name removed] by a friend who was in the final stages of securing a loan for his home - and I can say that it was well worth it.
Compared to the first meeting I'd had with my bank, the additional level of knowledge and detail, and the options made available to me were surprising.
His referral to a recommended conveyancer also was spot on, and between the two of them, successfully purchasing my first home has been a breeze.
I have since referred [name removed] to other friends who are just embarking on the same journey of purchasing their first homes,

+ Painless, accurate, knowledgeable

4 of 5 pages

Hi, my wife and I are looking to purchase our first home. We only have 10% deposit and we have both our parents houses as surety. We were advised because our parents were pensioner, living in those homes that they couldn't accept those properties. is there another way besides mortgage insurance to get into the market. kind Regards Alex

Alex and Anna asked on Feb 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Alex and Anna, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! In some cases, lenders mortgage insurance can actually be waived. For us to see if you would qualify, can you email us at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au? Best Regards, Marc Barlow

I'm wondering if its possible to still get a home loan if I don't have a job at the moment but have a deposit for 50%?

Rani R asked on Dec 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rani, thanks for your enquiry! It is important you are able to afford repayments on the loan so an income will be required, otherwise you risk losing your deposit. We’d be happy to look into this further for you, please email info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and we can send you our responsible lending questionnaire. Merry Christmas!

Hi there I would like to purchase an apartment in docklands I have a property with my brother but he doesn't want to buy. Is this still possible I do work full time?

Sonya H asked on Oct 26, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sonya, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! To properly advise you though, we need to gather some more information if that's OK? Can I send you a link to our secure, online responsible lending questionnaire? (If so, please email me at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I'll reply with the link and we can get started)

See all 20 questions about Mortgage Broker Melbourne