Fantastic service and support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2014

I would very highly recommend Mortgage Brokers Melbourne. The patience and support provided was amazing. There was never a question to small and silly. Even after about a year of deliberation they were still there to the very end with the same amount of patience as at the beginning. The knowledge base that you receive is worth it by itself, we found it really helped us to feel comfortable and at ease with the contracts we were signing, let alone the great packages on offer. Thanks again we will definitely use again and recommend to everyone.

Exceeded all expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2014

From our first face to face meeting with [Name Removed] until the day we settled on our property (and beyond) we were impressed by the quality of service [Name Removed] provided. During the process [Name Removed] provided us with loan comparison information, interest rate advice, and property reports to help inform our purchase. We were particularly impressed by [Name Removed]'s timeliness in responding to our emails, ability to explain (often complex) concepts in simple terms, and his patience in answering our many questions. In all respects [Name Removed] exceeded our very high expectations. We would highly recommend [Name Removed] to anyone looking for quality lending advice. We now consider [Name Removed] to be a trusted advisor and look forward to working with him in the future.

+ Explained complex concepts in simple terms; timeliness of response; patience in answering questions

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent broker!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2014

Mortgage Broker, recently helped us with a mortgage for our first home, and we can't imagine having gone through it without his help. He took the time to talk with us about what we wanted, we were never rushed or pushed into anything, and he always happily answered any queries or concerns we had. When the mortgage application was submitted, whilst we sat back and pondered life in our new home, [Personal Name Removed] did all the chasing up with the bank and kept us informed on the progress. We wouldn't have done it any other way and won't hesitate to use his services again.

+ Professional, friendly, reliable

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Awesome service, highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2014

As a first home buyer, I had no idea about financing and [name removed] guided me every step of the way to make purchase a smooth transaction. He is great at what he does- tells you exactly what to expect, figures worked out are accurate, so no surprise expense. And he is always pleasant ( I've had a million questions and terms I didn't understand!) Now settled on time, without a problem, am very happy to recommend [name removed]!

+ Reliable, knowledgable, great to deal with!

Much easier than expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2014

While I was initially prepared to tackle my bank that I'd banked with my whole life myself for my first mortgage, I was referred to [name removed] by a friend who was in the final stages of securing a loan for his home - and I can say that it was well worth it.
Compared to the first meeting I'd had with my bank, the additional level of knowledge and detail, and the options made available to me were surprising.
His referral to a recommended conveyancer also was spot on, and between the two of them, successfully purchasing my first home has been a breeze.
I have since referred [name removed] to other friends who are just embarking on the same journey of purchasing their first homes,

+ Painless, accurate, knowledgeable

Very quick to disregard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

While [name removed] seemed to be very helpful at the beginning of the process, as soon as we politely compared his services to the services we received from the banks and what they could offers us, he became very defensive and rude. Quite egotistical. He was very quick to disregard us as we politely questioned certain documents he required; two other lenders did not require. He could not match the low interest rate we were offered elsewhere. A waste of our time. Not sure where all of these great reviews came from. We made the mistake in contacting this broker because of these reviews. We did not come close to having the same experience and have no idea how these reviews are so positive!

+ At the beginning he seemed very helpful

- A waste of our time, too sensitive and easily offended when making perfectly normal comparisons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Broker Melbourne Official

We are very sorry you had a bad experience but, since you have left no name here, we don't know who to make contact with directly. Our broker's manner has clearly offended you and for that we since... read more »

Highly Recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2013

[name removed] was unbelievably helpful throughout the whole process for my partner and I as we purchased our first home. No matter what time I called or emailed, [name removed] was only too happy to assist and answer the endless number of questions that we threw his way. We can't thank him enough for securing us an amazing home loan rate and certainly won't hesitate to recommend him to family and friends who are looking to purchase a house!!

+ Patient, informative, friendly, helpful, extremely efficient - the list goes on! Everything you could possibly want in a Mortgage Broker.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2013

[name removed] of Mortgage Broker Melbourne assisted us through the process of purchasing our first home without making us feel overwhelmed at any point. From providing detailed property reports during our search to completing the mountains of paperwork that come with a mortgage, [name removed] was incredibly helpful, prompt and professional throoughout the entire process. His services come highly recommended.

Great Professional Service from Mortgage Broker Melbourne

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2013

Being new to the property market, I was guided by Mortgage Broker Melbourne ([name removed]) all the way until the loan was signed up. He listened to what I want in the initial meeting and provided various options that suit my need. [name removed] is very efficient, well organised, professional and provides response quickly (email) to all my questions. Highly recommended mortgage broker service! I will use Mortgage Broker Melbourne again if next opportunity arises.

+ Knowledgable, Professional, Well Organised, Hassle Free

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2013

[name removed] was really professional and very prompt in answering our questions. He responds very quickly to email and phone messages, even after hours. He explains everything thoroughly and even came around to our house to have a chat. [name removed] made the loan process an ease, all we had to do was sign the papers! I would highly recommend [name removed] and will use him again.

+ Knowledgeable, prompt, patient and great to deal with.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Awesome Service! Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2013

One of the best mortgage broker in Melbourne. Very attentive and willing to help in any situations. He responded to all my inquiries in a quick response. Knowledgeable in all home loan products which makes you to have a wise decision. Best service I have ever had. Thank you very much!

+ Prompt answer, attentive, reliable and quick to action.

Service as service should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2013

It was nice to have [name removed] as a mortgage broker. He was efficient and accommodating. He responded to all enquiries promptly and had actively explored with me various mortgage options. Once I made an offer on a property he took a leading role in communicating with conveyancers and banks, leaving me tasks of signing legal documents and collecting keys. Thank you to [name removed] I experienced service and it was superb service.

Excellent Mortgage Broker

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2013

[name removed] was recommended to me and I would highly recommend him to my friends and family too. He explained each step of the process clearly and demystified a lot of mortgage jargon. His response to my questions were always timely and the whole process of buying my first property felt easy with his advice and assistance. I will definitely be using [name removed] again for future purchases. Thank you [name removed]!

+ Professional and exceptional service and advice

Very Professional and Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2013

[name removed] made the experience of obtaining finance for our new home very easy. He was able to pre-qualify us and tell us how much we could spend up to, obtained the bets interest rates, and presented 3 options in an easy to understand format. He also helped us consolidate our credit card debt and got us out of the credit cycle.
On settlement day we received regular communication, and settlement went through on time without any hassles.
We recommend [name removed] as a finance broker, and we will use him again!

+ Reliable, completed smoothly

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2013

This was the first time I have used a mortgage broker but Marc was recommended to me by my sister. I was very happy with Marc's knowledge and responsiveness. I ended up switching lenders as a result of Marc's advice - a process which would have been too daunting without Marc's assistance. I have since recommended Mortgage Broker Melbourne to friends and would use Marc's services again next time.

+ Responsive and knowledgeable.

Very Knowledgable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2013

Mortgage Broker Melbourne is one of the more knowledgeable brokers I have ever dealt with. His patience and attention to detail is next to none. Already using him again for another loan. Have recommended family and friends, and looking forward when the rest of my loans mature, he will get all my business !!

+ Takes time to explain everything.

Years of Exceptional Help and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2012

I have used Mortgage Broker Melbourne's services for a number of years now and for a number of property transactions. I have never dealt with a more helpful, willing and committed company ever, hence I use them over and over again and have referred their services to many family and friends. Equally those family and friends have been very happy and referred MBM's services to others. MBM product and market knowledge is outstanding. No question is silly or too hard. The service I receive from MBM is far beyond what you would obtain from any other broker.

+ Trustworthy, helpful, knowledgeable, approachable, available, friendly

Exceptional Service & Advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2012

I was always intimidated about mortgages, banks and the whole process of buying a house. They did all of the leg work, explained all of my choices in plain English and got us approved. Always quick responses, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I have no hesitation around recomending Mortgage Broker Melbourne to friends and family. Highly recommended A+++ Service.

+ Exceptional service, great knowledge of all available products and talked us through all of our options

One in a million experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2012

[name removed] made a daunting process pleasurable through his strong communication skills and outstanding industry and product knowledge. [name removed] listened to our needs and found a brilliant solution as well as communicating well about the process and providing assistance with arduous paperwork.His passion for his work made it feel like teamwork and we always felt as though we were in good hands.

+ A combination of people skills and financial expertise

Excellent service, advice and guidance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2012

We have used Mortgage Broker Melbourne's services twice in the last four years and would not go anywhere else. [name removed] provides extremely accurate and reliable information surrounding all aspects of home loans. He is always contactable, responds almost immediately to any enquiry and provides valuable advice and guidance when navigating the mine field that is bank loans! I have referred several friends and family members to Marc and they have had the same experience.

Don't buy your next house without his help - it is invaluable!

+ Reliable, efficient, accurate and friendly

4 of 4 pages

Hi there I would like to purchase an apartment in docklands I have a property with my brother but he doesn't want to buy. Is this still possible I do work full time?

Sonya H asked on Oct 26, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sonya, Thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist! To properly advise you though, we need to gather some more information if that's OK? Can I send you a link to our secure, online responsible lending questionnaire? (If so, please email me at info@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I'll reply with the link and we can get started)

HI, I need to obtain a loan for a soon to be completed apartment in West Brunswick. i am a non Resident and am based in Singapore. Kindly advise if I could obtain a loan? Thank you Jeffrey

Jeff asked on Sep 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jeff, thanks for your enquiry, we'd be delighted to assist if we can. There are a number of factors that determine eligibility so we have put together a fact find questionnaire which helps us properly analyze your scenario. Can you please email me at marc@mortgagebrokermelbourne.net.au and I will reply with a secure link? Cheers! Marc

Hi, I've just hit my second year of self employment, am I able to book or receive some information in regards to what I need to apply for an investment prop or first home buyer loan? A rough estimate on what I would be looking for would be a 300k loan. Currently have 15k deposit saved, with a before tax of 80k earnings. Am I able to enter the field or should I come back once I have a larger deposit. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've herd nothing but great things about you guys. Thanks.

Alan asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Alan, thanks for your enquiry! We'd love to chat to you because there is a bit more info we would gather before we could properly advise. Could you give us a call on 1800 111 626? Grace would send you a link to our responsible lending questionnaire to get the ball rolling. Cheers! Marc

Hello Alan,
Grace here from Mortgage Broker Melbourne.
further to your query above, banks have two main criteria when assessing a loan. One being that you can afford the loan based on your income. I have done a very brief servicing with the information you have provided above, and borrowing capacity for a $300K purchase is evident, which is great news.

The second criteria banks will look at is that you are not borrowing more than 95% of the value of the property your are purchasing. With a $15K deposit this barely scrapes through at 95%. the other thing to consider is that when you borrow more than 80% of the value of any property an Insurance is payable to lenders and this is called Lenders Mortgage Insurance. This unfortunately cannot be waived and is added to the loan in most cases, so once we add the mortgage insurance which is approximately $8500 this takes the overall lending to 98%. in this case you would need to save a further $8500 to cover the insurance cost.

you are almost there which is great news!
Alan, my number is 0434 266 411
please call me at any time, should you have further queries, and please feel free to contact me directly once you have the further funds saved and I will ensure one of your experienced brokers contact you to help guide you through the process.

have a fantastic day