Perth, Western Australia

Awful Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2013

Purchased this pram brand new for AUD$600 and it broke within in the first two months, the bottom wouldn't lock into place where the basket is, I then tried to contact mothercare Australia to claim under warranty as I'd only had it a few months to find out they have gone broke, I then contacted mothercare in the UK thinking surely the brand should be covered somewhere to be told they couldn't help me, I am now out $600 with no pram, I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy through mothercare for the poor service I have received!

Exceptional staff!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2013

Could not be any happier with the service I received at Mothercare Mt Gravatt. The staff there truly went above and beyond in my dealings with them. They were extremely patient and understanding when due to my partner being made redundant a 12wk layby turned into 6 months. All the staff had good product knowledge and of course provided great customer service and aftersales care. I will be returning for all my future baby needs and recommending them to all my family and friends.

+ Great service, price matching, aftersales care, product knowledge and great communication.

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes

Bankrupt company!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2013

I purchased a baby safety seat in January from mothercare while they had this ''beat the price and plus more'' challenge, they not only matched the price but also gave you the difference in story credit. Although the condition was written by the staff on the gift card says: valid only on Full price Mothercare & ELC product, and we had to use it within a month. Overall, I was still quite happy that I managed to save $125 on that deal.

Me and my husband went in to mothercare today and tried to purchase some stuff before the card reaches the ex
piry date. after nearly 30 mins looking around and finally decided what to get, we went to the counter and tried to pay for it by the gift card. Then we were told the company has gone into administration, so they do not accept gift card anymore.

It was a huge disappointment that our gift card is going to expire soon and apparently no one can give us any answer regarding to it, the staff gave us the administrators hotline number and asked us to call them if we have any concerns...

Oh dear! If we knew this is going to happen, we probably wouldn't purchase that care seat with them consider the original price they offer was quite expensive compare with some other local baby stores, not even mention the online shops.

+ Big range of selection, cute clothes collection (mothercare brand)

- Too pricy

Fantastic overall.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2012

We have bought most of our baby items from Mothercare - clothes, prams, playpen, baby monitor, room thermometor etc. They have always pricematched an online prices for us. I always seem to have money to spend from my Mothercare club card. We have found Mothercaree to be great value for money and most of the staff are very knowlegeable.

+ Pricematching

- On one occasion they sold us something that didn't do what they said. They did give us a refund without any hassles at least.

Oatlands, NSW

Good experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2012

+ Easy to shop around, clean, feeling likeus shopping at department store, experienced senior staff, various promo for Mothercare only.

- Limited product ranges

Newcastle, NSW

Private message

Best Shopping Experience Yet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2012

I am very pleased with the friendly service I have recieved everytime I shop at Mothercare, Kotara. Mothercare has everything I need all in one place which is great for me as I am a new mum with a 10 week old son, so the less running around I have to do the better. Thank You Mothercare!

+ Super Friendly Staff, Convienient, Reasonable Prices and Always Available Parking.

- Mothercare need to open more stores.

PERTH

• 2 helpful votes

Honest advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2012

My experience of purchasing baby products at Mothercare exceeded my expectations. The salesperson was really helpful, and gave honest advice about the stroller I was purchasing. It was good to get objective information, with small details that I never would have thought of (inexperienced new mother!) Even better, the recommended stroller wasn't even the most expensive one! Yay!

+ Honest and informative advice

Lawson, ACT

• 29 comments
  • 1 question
  • 73 answers
  • 77 helpful votes
Private message

Not that bad... however there are some exceptions

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2012

+ Large range (somewhat....though generic branding stuff)

- Pricing, Range (when compared to other stores), Customer Service, Store Atmosphere

MotherCare= Excellent service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2012

Visitedtbe Townsville MotherCare shop to purchase a car seat. Shop assistant was very knowledgable... Gave us all the information we required. Spoke about all aspects of the seat- pros & cons & more importantly safety. MotherCares loyalty program is great also. You are able to earn points as dollars to go towards another purchase.

+ Excellent Service

Kingsford, NSW

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Friendly and Helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2012

I have used the Bondi Junction store and the Moore Park store. Both are very willing to help and give advice, and suggest alternatives.
Love the loyalty programme and great that it covers Early Learning Centre. You basically earn points for every dollar you spend and then can turn the points into money off future purchases.
Clothes are of a high quality. Be careful with sizes though....my boys are big boys but I find the clothes very generous. For example, my 3.8kg 54cm baby comfortably wore their newborn range with room to spare for 3 months.

+ Great Service. Good loyalty programme.

- Be careful when choosing sizes....they are very generous!

Yeppoon, QLD

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2012

Fantastic service & advise from a lovely woman when I went in to purchase my daughters new car seat, the employee was very helpful & answered all of my questions without trying to rush me out even though it was nearly closing time. She was so friendly & lovely I will be returning.

+ friendly & Knowledgeable staff & Very tidy store

• 1 comment

Mothercare Joondalup - Helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2012

I have used the Mothercare Joondalup shop often. They are quite willing to let you walk around and will ask for help if you look like you're looking for something in particular. Staff are quite happy to answer questions and let you test ride the capsules and prams that are on display.

+ Helpful staff, large product range

- expensive over online offers or some other stores