Fantastic store

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

the store was very professional to deal with and a wide variety of stock to suit all of my needs. I have purchased from here multiple times and will continue to do so.

Make sure you pay the Transit Cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Uh, yeah, title says it all. Bought a desktop computer. Looked good, priced fairly, but was Dead on Arrival (the parcel indicated that it may have been dropped somewhere along the way). The online customer service was quite decent; the staff seem to be quite familiar with the Law of Murphy. Got my money back with no problems, and due to paying the transit cover fee, the return cost was free. Ordering a hard drive now; we'll see how it goes.

Edit: Now received the hard drive, and it hasn't caught fire (yet) or anything, and more to the point, is both just as advertised & does the job I need it to do at a fair price. It was also delivered quickly. All OK. Sounds like the Mwave staff need to get some more shuteye, though.

Genuine Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I purchased a computer two months ago and rang to see if I could upgrade my power supply and Graphics Card. I was so appreciative that the Customer Service Officer advised me to stay with what I have. He did not try to up sell me like so many other places would have, instead advised me to stay with what I have and wait for the next Gen to come out. So refreshing a company that still looks after their customers even at the cost of a sale! Well done MWave

• 2 comments

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I requested a servicing of my PC to identify a fault. I paid $70 for the service. I received little communication through the ticket reply and when I did after chasing a reply I received little explanation as to what happened. I am still waiting.

Mwave are quick to sell you things but their customer service in every other capacity is terrible. Even with their ticket system staff seem to know nothing. Once you have bought a product they are uninterested in you.

I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Dear Andrew, Please share your job ticket number so I can review this for you. We do have many systems being tested for warranty as well as diagnosing so therefore we do need some time to action y... read more »

Thank you for your reply I have since had a conversation with Mwave and I am very impressed with Mwave’s response to my concerns. Went above and beyond to resolve it. I don’t know how to delete a ... read more »

As I cannot amend the review I am adding the following comments I was really impressed with how responsive Mwave was after my complaint to them and they went out of their way to assist me. Inste... read more »

Private message

Poor service, lied to & questions ignored

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

I purchased a new mouse and mousepad from Mwave after a previous bad experience 2 years ago that turned me away, I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt that in that time they would have improved their customer service; I was completely wrong.

I asked over my support ticket with them 3 or more times about the level of my shipping on my item for it to be completely ignored each time instead they focused on answering other questions and not coming back to it, clearly in the too hard basket. I specifically asked in my ticket if the item is being sent air express.

I then call on my short break to a monotone operator that clearly doesn't want to be there and couldn't give a crap. He did not give me his name and I called back later in the day to get him again without him answering without proving a name in front of another person on speaker to verify this.

I asked him if the article is being sent through air express much like in the support ticket and he dodged this question instead saying it is through a courier and if it's small enough to fit on a plane it'll be sent on the plane. I called the shipping company to confirm this with the consignment number to be advised it has been sent through road express which isn't express at all, it takes a week to get anywhere; the shipping company confirmed that for it to be sent air express this needs to be requested by Mwave but they only requested road express.

What sort of company wants to purposely ignore a customers requests, questions when they clearly want to spend money with them? This is my last purchase with Mwave because if in 2 years you can't improve customer service you don't deserve another chance.

You need to actually list on your website what shipping methods you use and give the customer choice of road express, air express etc, I don't care about paying $50 for shipping, if I want it express I clearly want it the next business day not a business week later; only reason I didn't go to my local PC store is they don't yet have this item in stock.

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Dear Brad, Thanks for your review. Could you please share your order number or job ticket so I can review the correspondence we provided? We do indeed provide shipping info in our FAQs https://ww... read more »

I called your staff with the intention of upgrading the shipping as I should have learnt from my first experience and I was lied to. You can try and deflect the fact that your staff are in t... read more »

Mwave Australia Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for the reply. I have been advised that you are the customer located in Tasmania. I note that yes, when your ticket was answered the CS rep did not answer your question regar... read more »

Australia

Bad experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

Paid for brand new laptop, suspect got a display laptop because someone has been created an administrator before me. Trial to ask for help from the counter, they said that not their problem.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Hi Felix, If you are the same customer that arrived on a Saturday, we did not state to you that it was not our problem - we looked at the reason why you could not access your user accounts and not... read more »

Chippendale, NSW

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Beware "Click & Collect" option if picking up from Mwave Sydney headquarters

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Prices were great on web, must be one of the cheapest out there
Excellent website and account management functionality
Staff were polite (although overwhelmed) when I went to click and collect my $50 product

Be prepared for a very long wait in the line to pick up / "Click and collect" your items, I went on a Wednesday morning 11.30am to MWave and there were people everywhere, I mean standing room only. 35 minutes later I get served (staff were fine, I noted there was only two staff dealing with approx 45 waiting customers. I also noted the incredible amount of time each staff member spent on finalising each order in MWave's systems - takes them forecver (and these guys were working really quickly!).

I found the MWave show-room hard to find even via GPS so keep you're eyes out for it!

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Hi ChippoJerry, At the time you arrived to pick up your order, was the EOFY and yes, there were a large number of customers picking up orders as well as purchasing over the counter - so an extremel... read more »

Taree

Private message

Best service and very competitive pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

They went above and beyond to help make sure I was getting the right parts at the best prices for a new system build. Everything I needed was in stock, I put the order through on a Saturday and received my goods on Tuesday Can't beat that!

Comments

I wrote my review straight from Mwave's site. I thought it was a review for Mwave only, not a completely different website. The negative posts here, which have already been attended to by an Mwave ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Horrid Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

My friend purchased a ASRock fatal1ty motherboard from them that came with a bent pin. When he tried to send it back they refused it as it's not under warranty. Along with that I purchased an I5 6600k from them that came with the box crushed. Would not recommend there are just to many risks.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for your feedback. We have built many thousands of PCs in our workshop over the years and have not come across a single MB that had bent pins straight out of a brand new box. How... read more »

Thanks for your response but my friend has fixed the issue.

Private message

Look at the way they talk to people and SHOP ELSEWHERE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Disgraceful dishonest company. Take a look at all their snarky replies to peoples feedback and multiply that by 1 million and then you have how rude and unhelpful the staff are. They are so rude that they sign everything with regards instead of their name like a proper business. They don't sign their name because they know they are abusive and giving disgusting shameful service which they do not want to attach their name to. Their phone manner is disgusting and all they do is tell you to contact them via email. They can't handle customer complaints without making a snarky reply back. That's not how you do business.

I never write reviews so it is extremely bad for me to go out of my way to do this. I want to appeal to anyone who is sitting there trying to decide if they should trust this company with their money. This company is a nightmare from hell with sloppy workmanship. They don't care about you. You are a dollar sign. If you run into any problems they will string you along and draw it out as long as possible. All the positive reviews are just from people buying premade items like graphics cards. They got lucky because these items are not built by mwave. If you want anything that is custom made such as a computer then look elsewhere.

You are better off paying more and getting the customer service your hard earned dollar deserves. This Patrick person is a joke. Do yourself a favour and scroll through all his replies and keep in mind that is how he writes in public and he can not even contain himself from being snarky and rude. Now imagine that guy behind closed doors dealing with your $5000 broken purchase and you have 1 million reasons to shop elsewhere. All the staff are horrible. Slow delivery and broken promises as well as broken items. They sit on items at their warehouse for weeks before shipping. No one knows what they are doing.

I am one of those people who expects a company to have some bad reviews but I pay close attention to the ones that they do have and how they handle things. I wish I had read a review like mine before I purchased. It would have stopped me in my tracks and I hope it stops you from wasting your time and money. There are far better solutions out there.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Dear Regards, First of all, you have not used your real name even though you have insinuated that Mwave do not post our names in our responses. I have always posted my name on replies here co... read more »

I have used the name Regards because that is the name your staff use. Rude isn't it? You may want to pay closer attention to how your staff deal with people but perhaps there is no hope for them if... read more »

Mwave Australia Official

Hi Regards, Please share your order details so I can review your order and transaction. All our emails have email signatures that clearly display the employees name. Please email me the emai... read more »

Terrific service...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I've been waiting for quite some time for the opportunity to purchase a new GTX 1070 card at a price I could afford. As a result of receiving the mWave Daily Newsletter, I couldn't help but notice a terrific offer for the exact same card at a wonderful price.

So ordered and paid for it on Friday evening, then the card was delivered first thing the following Tuesday morning. Considering we live in a rural/regional area of QLD, this to me was excellent service beyond par.

Thank you very much mWave... 8-)

Mal.

Verified Customer

Always great to deal with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

MWave always seem to have the best price (or close) and good stock leveles. I had to switch from normal mail to courier after ordering this product (Micro SD cards) and it was no problem doing it through live chat.

Coffs

• 1 question
  • 3 answers

Verified Customer

First class after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Got onto mwave's website to order everything i needed for a nice gaming rig.

Everything was so easy, shipping overnight once all stock was allocated, verification on credit card for first time use of card is nice system to ensure piece of mind.

All parts came well packed in and in good order,

Ran into trouble once i had everything together, thought i had a faulty motherboard or cpu so got online submitted a ticket, mwave were quick to respond with details to return,
same day there received parts they contacted me with details etc. motherboard had 2 bent pins (my fault) and i order the wrong cpu to suit that motherboard.
Fixed the board in house and just charged a restocking fee for cpu of 10% and swapped me to the correct one.
I have nothing but praise for how well there staff have handled my matter. Got me sorted very quickly with no fuss.
Thumbs up to the team at mwave and i will definitely be recommending Mwave to anyone that wants peice of mind after they purchase computer parts.
thumbs up guys :)

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Go somewhere else unless you like spending money and waiting without receiving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Ordered early Friday morning. Simple and I chose store pick up. They didnt have the order ready till 40 mins before closing and after I complained about. They have a 1 hour ready feature that costs more money but seriously that is just paying extra for standard service received anywhere. I hope the items I got are problem free because I do not want to return to or deal with this place again

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mwave Australia Official

Hi Daniel, We process more than a few hundred(s) orders daily and not just yours hence why the timeframes we stipulate on our website - our warehouse needs time to pick, scan and despatch/complete... read more »

Great Shop, Fast and Helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I bought my new PC parts from here approximately a week ago, and the parts arrived extremely fast.

In the checkout, I forgot to apply a coupon code for a free shirt and key-ring, so I emailed them, and within two days, the coupon had been added to my order. The PC is currently on my desk, the key-ring is connected to my key-chain, and the shirt is in my wardrobe.

Great shop, would definitely reccomend

Sticked to their end of the bargain; Rendered quality service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I bought this 10TB WD Gold HDD for my backups. When NAS was data-scrubbing during some nights it created the funny lose baring like sound. I have two of these HDDs, so I compared and isolated which one produce the noise and send to MWave. It took some time for me to be certain of which hard disk, and when it happens, and during which process, frequency etc. Just to be sure I don't waste my time or MWave's. I found the staff was quite prompt, patient and helpful in every occasion. Hence a five star rating.

Fast and very competitive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Very fast delivery and competitive pricing. It arrived by tuesday ordered friday was a country delivery thanks for good service

Good Price, fast delivery

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Smooth service, factual and intuitive website. Latest products available, as well as having good old standbys competitively priced. A site to watch.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Great service as usual, delivery is fast, store has huge range of items and the support staff are very helpful.

Good Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Great service and was able to find everything I was looking for. Really liked the cpu and motherboard bundle packages offered

1 of 141 pages

Can I place an order with cash in store and pick it up later? I intend to buy an MSI GV62 8RC but I cannot order online, and checking if the laptop is in stock every day is less than ideal. If there is a way to recieve email notifications when a product is back in stock at Lidcombe I’d like to know.

Mike Peabody asked on Sep 19, 2018

Hi Mike,

If the item is listed as "Notify Me" then unfortunately we cannot take any orders for the laptop as neither supplier nor Mwave have in stock at the moment.
You can click on the Notify Button and leave your email so as soon as the item is available at either our supplier or Mwave, you will be notified via email - the stock status should then change to 'In Stock at Supplier" or "In Stock at Mwave".

We do take cash payment for orders over the counter and then have the item ordered in - an Mwave customer account will need to be setup for this.(the above still applies though)

Patrick

Hi Mwave. I am a customer that has bought a custom pc from you on September the 10th. I was wondering if you would build the pc for me or if I have to assemble it myself?

Oliver asked on Sep 12, 2018

Hi Oliver
If you bought a custom PC through our custom pc configurator then we will assemble and test for you.
Please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 727 446 with your order number for the team to confirm for you.

Hi Mwave, I'm planning to buy a customised Chief's Esports Gaming PC and the AOC G2460VQ6 24" Full HD 75Hz 1ms FreeSync Gaming Monitor towards the end of the year. So I was wondering how many years of warranty you provide with both products? Thanks

RadeonStar asked on Jun 19, 2018

Hi RadeonStar,

On the right of the product page on our website for each product will show the manufacturers warranty.

Our Prebuilt PCs come with 2years warranty back to us.
AOC G2460VQ6: has a 3 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty.

Hope this clarifies.