Have helped so much

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Amazing support around the clock. Have had issues dealing with this before and the staff are fantastic to deal with. Can not fault it at all.

MELBOURNE

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 28 helpful votes
Private message

They wouldn’t even meet me

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Despite earning a descent wage, my debts are drowning me. I spoke to My Budget and they wouldn’t even meet me to discuss. “Your debt ratio is too high” is all I got

Never again. Huge regrets!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I signed up only 6 weeks ago and only last week was my budget account actually up and running. I spoke to 6 different people (at least) and had to recite my situation again and again. Only to be told the budget still hasn't been set up and they need more details from me. Then I get reassured it's all set up and good to go this week, it's 5pm and I still haven't received my wages. I now get told wages go through on a THURSDAY MORNING which no one informed me of! Worst thing is my rego is due today, car at the mechanics, and now I can't pick it up because I have no money until the morning! Absolute joke.the lack of communication and mixed messages is ridiculous. Reassurance of creditors being taken care of yet they still hassled me week's later and informed that my budget had not even contacted them yet. Still having to pay the $900 admin fee has gotten me stuck. I can't justify paying them off and receiving no service as promised so I'm sticking with it by the skin of my teeth until that's paid and I can get the hell out. I'm now in more debt and definitely don't have peace of mind. Do it yourself! You're far better off.

My budget is the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Very happy with my budget
Been with them for over 5 years
Very friendly staff and always welling to help

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

I signed up with my budget after an accident and no income for nearly 6 months. It was a very stressing time and I was being called non stop by companies chasing payment. My budget took over the management of agreements with creditors, made payments on time and provided support to stay on top of things. It hasn't been easy, but by following the budget I am now in control and feel confident with my financial affairs.
I would highly recommend My Budget as this has been a very positive experience at a challenging time.

COOMA

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Not sure that Thankyou will ever be enough!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We are gaining motion on being financially in control and its thanks to the awesome MyBudget Team.

We are not a total financial mess but we have never been in control of our finances - our financial decisions were previously based on poor financial knowledge.. For the first time in years my husband and I are in some what more control, we have savings, are saving for our first actual family holiday and we can actually see where our money is going.

Being able to ring and discuss with the helpful team any financial changes and rejig our budget to suit our current situation makes our lives feel somewhat less crazy.

I absolutely love knowing that I can log on and see the next twelve months, know what's coming up and when we will be able to pay off that pesky debt. Its almost a challenge now to see how quick we can pay something and not cause I have past the due date but because we are able to as there is money there to use!!!

Thanks will not ever be enough - MyBudget have literally come into our lives and made our life decisions more of a reality then they ever where!

Here is to us continuing with MyBudget, gaining the skills and knowledge to help us reach our financial freedom in three years (and knowing that it wll actually happen)!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

The best financial decision I ever made - thank you so much MyBudget!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

I came from a family where money was not talked about in a situation of financial abuse. My early adult life was financial trial and error. When I came to MyBudget my income had decreased, I had no budgeting skills, I had a large amount of personal debt and a wedding to plan. I leave with the skills and confidence to take control of my own money, and from my point of view that is the best return on my investment I could hope for. I have achieved 2 of my goals and am well on my way to achieving my 3rd, and more importantly I have the knowledge to manage my money for life. Throughout my whole time as a client every staff member has been so helpful and kind. The member website is excellent - the way I am able to see my budget for the year (rather than figuring it out when my pay comes in every fortnight) has been such a valuable tool. I'd recommend MyBudget to my family, my friends - ANYONE. Thanks MyBudget!

Its a perfectcway to be in control

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We have been with My Budget for nearly 10yrs. Many family and monetry situations and the team are supportive and understanding.

Hardworking team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Thanks to the MyBudget team for their support over the last 3-4 weeks. Their work has been kind, understanding, supportive & professional. I would recommend this service to family & friends. I feel like im learning to budget and it feels great so thank you the team at MyBudget :)

My Budget is the decision we ever made.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

My husband and I both earn a reasonable income but were always living from week to week and not knowing when or how the big bills would get paid. We joined My Budget 5years ago and have not looked back. We have gone on a cruise, put in a kitchen, a full house renovation with a 12m deck extension, we have paid off our school fees and are currently working with the bank to buy an investment property.
We always know where we are with our finances and are able to free up funds for emergencies. We are a lot less stressed about money and have a clear direction for our financial future.
Best decision ever!!

Verified Customer

I couldn’t get by without MyBudget

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

My wife passed away 3 months ago. She had always done all our finances. I was lost, I didn’t know our debt level, billing cycles or payment options. MyBudget worked through every aspect of my finances, set up payment plans, sourced debt and prioritised my bills. In 3 months I have moved from total confusion to a very clear and concise understanding of my financial situation. They did al this with empathy, compassion and understanding. Once I am debt free I will continue to use MyBudget to manage my ongoing bills. I cannot speak highly enough of MyBudget or their wonderful staff.

Life changing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Just a few short months ago I was terrified of my phone ringing - was it a debt collector? Was it a court order from an escalated debt? I was terrible with money. I had no idea how to budget and my finances were out of control. I was depressed and wanted out of all things money. I was telling a workmate about my problems and she suggested MyBudget, as they had helped her son out an incredible amount. The next day, I called them. The initial phone meeting was easy and the staff made me feel so comfortable and did not judge me when I told them I was in 30k worth of debt at 22 years old. Sure enough, they managed to compile a budget suited to my needs and income and I was on my way. A weight lifted off my shoulders and I felt like for once, I had control. I’ve been with my budget for 5 months now and I feel amazing. I’m no longer worried about money, and - I now always have money which is something I never used to be able to say. MyBudget staff are welcoming, honest and above all very helpful and do not judge you no matter your situation. My bills are being paid, I’m no longer in the red and I feel great relief. My partner and I are newly engaged now and I know the wedding will be a breeze, because I will not have to worry about anything financial, because MyBudget will help with it all. I recommend MyBudget to everyone, they have changed my life :)

Verified Customer

We should have done this years ago!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

It sounds like a cliché, but we really should have started with My Budget years ago! From the moment we made the call and spoke to Kara and Sonya, I knew we'd made the right decision. The stress has gone! Now we have all our bills paid on time, with a clear budget set out for us, and money allocated for spending & savings. Happy New Year!

Thank You MyBudget. I can breathe again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

These days, I only feel comfortable talking one-on-one about my finances with the MyBudget team. Their telephone service staff include young and old, men and women who are all so polite and very respectful. They understand the squeeze of creditors and on more occasions, than I could have hoped for, their sympathy soothed me and encouraged me to put my health and well-being first, without losing sight of the financial freedom I’m still aiming for. I would highly recommend MyBudget to a friend. I wouldn’t stay if they weren’t so professional in what they do and how they do it. I want mention Beth & Bec in Adelaide - you are the best!

So Helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

I joined my budget with a fair bit of debt. I became debt free in 6 months and I continued to stay with MyBudget as all my bills have been hassle free and was able to save which I've never been able to do. After sometime, I began to struggle financially due to illness, MyBudget was more than helpful and were so easy and lovely to talk to. They were able to help work out priorities, payment plans and even did follow up calls to check that I was ok. Amazing staff at MyBudget! Highly recommended

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Dani, Thank you for sharing your review. Congratulations on the progress you've made - Debt free within six months of joining the service is an amazing achievement and you should certainly b... read more »

Can’t wait to start saving!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Being with mybudget for the time I was they helped me hey my debt out of the way quicker. Now that my debt is out of the way to think all that money can now go on savings!

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Student, Thank you for sharing your experience. Congratulations on becoming debt free! That's certainly an amazing achievement, and we're so glad that we could be a part of making that happe... read more »

My Saviour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

MyBudget has been my leader, saviour and guide with my accrued debts.

Where will I be without MyBudget?

THANK YOU.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Neiko, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to know that the service has been your saviour and that you're no longer feeling the stress that comes along with debt. We look forward t... read more »

This is amazing and am so happy that I joined My Budget.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2017

My goal when I joined My Budget was that my life would change significantly regarding my money issues and in a few sentences and a few words this has occurred with the people at My Budget, their enthusiasm, their expertise and their interest in my monetary issues. I can see in my personal money plan that I have made headway so quickly and efficiently that I will achieve all my goals. Thank you My Budget for their understanding and caring, you are the best.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Maree E, Thank you for sharing your experience. We're so happy to hear that you're feeling so much more positive about your financial position and that all of your goals are now in sight! It... read more »

So polite, caring and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Just over 5 years ago I was told about My Budget and I am so very thankful to this person for steering me to them. I am not a person who can handle money all that well but with the help of My Budget my husband and I have achieved so much over the last 5 years it has been amazing and now we are looking toward a trip of a lifetime down the centre of Australia on the Ghan. Being pensioners I never believed that it would be possible to do but thanks to these amazing people it will become a reality within the next 18 months. Also when you call the person on the other end of the phone is so polite, caring and helpful that I feel a very special person indeed. Thank you My Budget for saving me from getting too many gray hairs and making my dream holiday become a reality. I always highly recommend My Budget to everyone.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Michelle M, Thank you so much for your review. Handling money is certainly no easy task and we're so glad to hear that the service has been able to make such a difference for you! Congra... read more »

Amazing service, was lost and now found.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I found the my budget experience to amazing. I went in with no idea how I was going to fix the situation I was in or even where to begin trying to pull the pieces together to get back on track. After a couple of conversations I had a plan and my budget had arranged to deal with the more troublesome aspects of my debt resolution. I would recommend the service to anyone who feels they are in trouble with no idea of how to resolve it. There was absolutely no judgment and nothing but understanding from the team.

Thank you.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Pete, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's fantastic to hear that you've enjoyed the service and that we have been able to assist with lifting some of that financial stress fr... read more »

1 of 42 pages

How much does it cost for the budget application?

ida asked on Jan 08, 2018

Answer this

There is no initial cost for an assessment.

The last three years have left my financial situation and absolute tragedy. Three years ago my then wife and I entered into a part 9 debt agreement for all the silly young single person debt that we had carried intoour married life. I started working away fifo and then our family situation broke down with court stresses and attempted alienation I fell victim to depression and anxiety. Also a consequence of the decline of my mental health was the lack of attention for my finances. I have been back to good health and working fifo and fully recovered but now left not knowing where to start or what to do as I don't know what options I have to rid myself of the weight of all the debt. It's that bad because I pretty much fell off the planet for nearly a year. My credit rate has been murdered. What can my budget do to help?

Matt asked on Dec 31, 2017

My husband and I are with my budget- I pay around $50 a fortnight which I think is really high for what they do for my income ( monthly phone bill and car insurance) - have any couples spilt it and 1 do my budget and the other not? How long did couples try it for - we are 4 weeks in and I hate it but hubby likes it.

Kay S asked on Dec 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Kay S,

It sounds like this question may be directed to other MyBudget clients, however I wanted to let you know that we do speak with clients on a regular basis who only have one half of a couple using the budget and have found that this method works best for them. I guess it really depends on your particular circumstances and what you're both comfortable with. Do you current use our members forum? This is an online community for MyBudget members only where you can ask other clients questions and seek advice. It may be beneficial to get on the forum and get some more first-hand experiences! If you'd like further information on this, please feel free to email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au or give us a call on 1300 300 922.

Kind regards, Rebecca - MyBudget