• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Purchase

We will never stop using MyBudget!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

We are a family of 6, for a long time on struggle st.
When we decided to contact MyBudget, we were borrowing from family, friends and loan sharks, to pay loan sharks, to get more loans, to get by and feed our family. We were looking at selling the car that fit all 6 of us in tho pay the rego on the work car (cheaper to run, but only 5 seats). We had a fridge that would not stay closed, my partner put a metal clip on it with some screws and rope to hold it closed, food was not lasting.
Now debts are paid or being paid, we have enough money f
or everything, we even have enough to have a 'weekend allowance', Upgrade our things!! Take spare of the moment holidays across the country!! Give kids pocket money, let them play sports!
We are loving our life planning a cruise and talking about buying land.
People often ask why we would pay MyBudget, "it's just an extra bill" they say, but the fact of the matter is if it wasn't for that "extra bill" we would not be where we are in life now. Even if all debts are paid we are still terrible with money, you put it within arms reach I'll spend it, so will my partner.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Consistently excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

I have been a My Budget member for nearly two years and have no plans to stop using them. From my finances being messy I now have a beautifully working budget and peace of mind. I think of My Budget as an essential service to sustain my financial health. I have never had a bad experience with any consultant or transaction. It is worth every cent I pay (which I don't believe is much). Thanks MB

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

MyBudget gave me my life back

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I financially had hit rock bottom and I had given up on finding a way out of it. So I just ignored my debt. I just felt that I didn't have enough income to pay EVERYTHING! Making that first call to MyBudget was 100% the best decision I ever made. I now have all of my finances under control, and I can see a future beyond tomorrow. MyBudget isn't just for people with debt, it is also for anyone wishing to live financially 'stress free'.

Life Changing....such a blessing!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Our decision to go MyBudget was hardest thing to do because of our pride and arrogance in the thought that we did not need help. To go through the initial meeting put everything into perspective and humbled us. The fact that our friends had endorsed how much easier it was to be able to do the things they could finally do and seeing our financial struggle through clear eyes finally is a humbling experience. We no longer panic about week to week living, if anything we now see that there is definitely more that we can do as a family without worrying about the next day. We are so grateful and happier for our decision to embrace MyBudget. Thank you!!

The stress relief is priceless.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Bec from My Budget is an exemplary staff member who went above and beyond to help get me sorted. Thankyou

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I would lie awake at night worrying about my situation and stress was beginning to impact on my health. My budget helped organised my debts and stopped the debt collection calls. Helped with a planned budget, savings and repayment plan. I finally found peace of mind without the financial stress - huge relief.

Not what I expected but worked for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

So initially contacting My Budget was hard to have to relinquish control but I did. There was some teething problems like loosing my credit card but i realised that it was for the better. I needed that shock to wake me up to what I had done to myself and allow My Budget to help me get back on track. It's not easy trust me but I really do recommend it even if it's for a short time to help u back on track or for a longer time because u just need someone else to sort it out. The team are always friendly non judgemental and impartial My experience since December til now has overall been a successful helpful experience. Totally recommend My Budget to anyone who's finding the financial pinch or stress is too much

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

Since joining my budget they have been so supportive and helpful with my situation that I am currently in and with thier guidance to put me on the right direction has been a huge relief. Would recomend anyone who has hardmanship in finance to talk to my budget staff members that will give you that support you need.

Glad I took the plunge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Still a relative newbie to MyBudget as this is about my fourth month. Was extremely anxious when voicing out loud my financial situation as it made me realise how little understanding I had of budgeting and planning. It has taken time to understand how to live off a set amount each week, however after talking with the staff, who are so calming and knowledgeable, it has become much better. I can see where I am going, how I am going to get there, and have already achieved some small goals in this short time. Each conversation with the staff is so useful. Not being judged is the key! Finally becoming a MyBudget customer has empowered me already and stopped the intense stress of money issues.

Great people very kind and understanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

My budget has help me get through some tough times I was bombarded with phone calls everyday from creditors but MyBudget sorted them out for me and help set up a very understandable budget to make me and the creditors happy I'm so glad I decided to sign up with them

Start for example for my kids n my precious wife.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I can't wait to see my life going forward.it just start , but I truly blive I'm going to change my life for good . By help from mybudget. I thank you to mybudget for this opportunity to live n happy. No more stress paying pills.i put all my trust on you. Thanks again , but I will do the same. Soifua.. mybudget..

Best decision we ever made!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

We felt like we were in a never ending pit of debt. After falling ill and not working for 3 years, we didn't know what to do. We made the decision to look into My Budget and it was the best decision we made. Within 12 months we had not only caught up on our mortgage but were in front on payments. In 2 years we had no more credit card debt and had significant savings. Since being with My Budget we have been on a cruise, planning another cruise and just purchased our second house. If you are in need on financial help I strongly recommend My Budget. Peace of mind when it comes to money is a wonderful thing.

1 of 52 pages

I am not sure exactly how you work but my granddaughter and her fiancé have accumulated some debt subject to him losing his job last December they are in a stressful situation and being young are not finding a way to a solution would you be of any help to them he has a job now and she is studying but finding that difficult because of circumstances ..I feel they need to consolidate but at the moment they are in a huge struggle

maz asked on Apr 29, 2017

Hi Maz,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your family's situation right now, it sounds like things have certainly been hard since the job loss! We have many clients who have come to us in similar situations, and we are able to put solid plans in place to help.

What I would suggest is to give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 which will bring them to one of our new enquiry specialists. From there we can discuss their situation in more detail and see what sort of solutions we may be able to offer. We look forward to speaking with them soon!

Kind regards, Rebecca - MyBudget

I am in debt, credit cards and car and house loan. I however have a casual job, hubby permanent. Would this help when our income varies from fortnight to fortnight?

Anne asked on Apr 25, 2017

Hi Anne,

Thanks for contacting us with your question.

Providing you have a regular and reliable source of income, generally speaking MyBudget would be able to assist you with getting a budget plan together. Even with a varied income, we may still be able to build a working budget based on your minimum or average income amounts.

I would suggest giving us a call on 1300 300 922 and selecting option 2 so that we can discuss your income and expenses in more depth - that way we should be able to get an even better idea of how we can assist you.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Kind regards, Rebecca - MyBudget

What fees does MyBudget charge to use their service? I'm not in debt but really need to knuckle down on saving money so could use help as at the moment I'm not able to save anything.

Meganrubyjoy asked on Apr 11, 2017

Hi Meganrubyjoy,

Thank you for your question.

The cost of setting up an individual's budget is determined by the complexity of the budget. We provide a free appointment where we create a tailor-made budget solution for you. Once the budget has been created during the appointment, you will be able to view the costs involved and decide if you wish to join the service.

Please note, all fees are worked into your budget and are spread out over time, so you don't need to pay upfront. If you choose not to use the service you will be provided with the budget plan which you can take home at no cost. If you choose to use the service, you will have access to your flexible budget online 24/7 (we work with you as life changes), receive ongoing support from the MyBudget team, partake in goal coaching for your short and long term goals and more!

We do have many clients who are not in financial hardship but still use our service for a more structured savings plan! The best way to get a more accurate idea of fees involved would be to give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with one of our consultants. We can then look at running through your situation in more detail.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Rebecca - MyBudget

If you go to an accredited financial counsellor, the cost is absolutely NOTHING. Ring 1800-007-007 (national debt helpline) and you will be put through to an accredited financial counsellor who will assist you fee free. Stay away from my budget (and or any other agency purporting to assist for a cost) as you will not be any better off. My budget have quite expensive fees and charges, which at the end of the day will NOT make your debt any less. They also do NOT employed, qualified financial counsellors who are trained and registered with the national financial counselling industry of Australia.