This product has been discontinued by My Dog.

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments

Dog threw up twice

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

my 15 year old dog lacks energy and coordination, has lost weight, and we were told by her vet that she is constipated due to us feeding her a heavy meat diet. we decided to start indulging her with My Dog food, which is her favourite, to have her regain her strength but we make sure to get the Casserole versions, which contain more vegetables than the gourmet line. however after feeding her yesterday, she threw up (twice!) and now refuses to eat any canned food, only eats the roast chicken i give her.

Fat content

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I have often brought your product in the large can to accommodate dogs that are use to it and mix it with their other food. I have, some six months ago, ceased buying it. It is absolutely full of lumps of fat. I should have taken a photo - on several occasions there have been lumps approximately the size of a 50c piece. If I buy the little sachets there is no fat obvious. What is the difference between the sachet, small can and large apart the fat content and the price. Unfortunately I have moved to another product which is more expensive but I believe a better quality. Quality control is missing - sorry.

Eputrid contents almost killed our dog. My Dog offered $1.40 compensation for the can, but vet bills

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

After purchasing Fish with Sardine Dog food and feeding our lovely elderly dog, she became quite ill. She had abdominal pain and shocking diarrhea. The following morning when we opened the refrigerator it stank of putrid fish, which turned out to be from your product.
She had blood in the stools for 3 days.

IT STINKS

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I have fed my jack Russell My Dog canned food for years. I think the recipe has changed as there is a lot of jelly and moisture and it squirts on you if you're not careful. Also IT STINKS LIKE VOMIT. Is this being discontinued in place of the more expensive My Dog Home Recipe? I won't be using it anymore and am considering not giving my final few cans to my dog as it smells so foul.

I have used it for years but

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Yes I have fed it to three dogs for years but last night saw mould on it when feeding Cavalier and she grabbed it before I could stop her and now she is vomiting 12 hours later so am watching her closely

Bad!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2016

Both my dogs have been vomiting on this food! Only from one meal as well... The food smelt a bit weird and was covered in jelly like fat. Awful :(

Dangerous

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

I have an elderly Maltese-Shitsu, she is 16 years old, she is a very fussy eater to the point where this is the only canned food she will eat, but a few days ago I found a sharp piece of plastic in a can of food, I am happy that I just don't pour the food out of the tin into her bowl or I may have one dead dog now, You lot are really dangerous

Private message

Mostly Gelling Agent or Meat in the Canned Varieties?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

The pictures of the product on the can are what I would call a mis-representation. Years ago, this brand used to contain mostly meat and meat bi-product. I used it (and continued to use it until recently), as part of a varied diet for my small dogs. I don't remember what the protein percentage used to be, but I note that it is now given as approx. 5%. Ok, this is low and active dogs need supplemental protein in their diet. However, there is so much gelling agent used as an ingredient, I estimate at least 50% of the weight of the can is gelling agent. It is present in large pieces around the sides, small pieces all throughout and in fact, if one looks closely it is also binding the whole product together, which is why the "meat" is so wet and gooey. So I have been scraping away as much of the gell as possible, which takes ages when preparing a meal for 4 small dogs. And I have been limiting how much I mix into their other food, as I have noticed they seem to have stomach discomcort and more loose stools if given very much. I have now decided I will no longer pay for a product which clearly has such a high percentage of "filler" ingredient, when I can save both time and money buying something more nutritious. I would have recommended this product in the past, but the quality has been compromised by the company's decision-makers. I suggest discriminating dog-owners look elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

My dog has pancreatic problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2015

Since being on MyDog, she has improved out of sight...3 months ago she was on a drip, so sick.....I mix cooked rice & grated carrot with her meal. lily loves it.
I have been trying to find a plastic lids to seal the can once opened, havent been successful, maybe you could advise where I can buy them.(have looked all supermarkets. Lily is a small dog.
Sincerely
TrIsh Evans

BEWARE!!!! Can cause serious health concerns for your pet.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2015

We switched my dog brand 3 months ago, since the switch, our dog has become severely ill. We didn't realise until now that the change of diet, has caused grave concerns for his health, immediately recognising that he vomits up the canned food, especially the sauce cans. What on earth is in the products to cause this for our dog? Who on earth is signing this off in product distribution channels to allow this product to market? Who is held responsible for the health and wellbeing of pets when products like this are allowed for sale to consumers? What tests were done in the research and development teams to ensure the safety of consuming this product? Who pays the $1500 vet bills as a repercussion for purchasing this product? I'm mortified that our dog has to suffer through this due to the negligence and duty of care that My Dog brand lacks to stand for.

DO NOT BUY, even if you think your pet is "OK and enjoys the food", this is HIGHLY not recommended to sustain for your dogs health.

Purchased at: Coles

amanda@amandawilliams.com.au

Dangerous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2015

We tried out My Dog tins for our Jack Russell cross after he became fussy about the food he was having. He loved it so we kept buying it. That was only 2 months ago. Now he is very sick with acute pancreatitis. This junk should come with a warning.

Seymour, Victoria

• 4 helpful votes

Not enough energy.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

My little pom x maltese, Pickles, who is 18 months has been raised on this food, and I have always given it to him, but recently I have noticed it is mostly water, and he wont even touch the fish, even though he likes tuna and flake.
My other dog, Smokey, who is a 15 year old maltese x maltese shi zhu, loves my dog, and won't eat anything else, as he is very picky.
I don't like how it is mostly water in the wet, and awkward shapes my dogs don't like in the dry. My dogs NEVER eat dry food even if that is all I show them for two days.
I have tried to swap to a dry, high quality brand, but they won't eat it, and the wet is $35.
My dog is also very expensive, and it doesn't appear to have enough energy. I say this because all my dogs do is laze around, even though Smokey and Pickles used to be very excitable and playful. They now both sleep all day and it is hard to get them to move, unless you tell them they are going for a walk, or it is dinner time.
After reading these reviews, I am going to put them on a two day fast and present them with a good quality dry food. Don't say the fast is mean, because if I don't I know they won't eat a dry food. I will see if this helps. If not, I will try every other good brand, until I find one they like.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I tried the fast; and it worked. They are very exitable, energetic and playful now.

bad for my Dash

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2014

made her hair fall out in spots all over her body, my other dash wouldn`t eat it so that is how i found out why the other Dash problem was my dog, as the other has no spots of hair loss.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Dogs love it! Bowels and health are good when mixed with dry food. Makes dry food more palatable.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2014

In general seems very palatable range especially the fish, would like to be able to buy 1.18kg version online. The dogs have healthy bowels and energy. Generally it is available in supermarkets. I mix it with their dry food and this makes it a very palatable meal for them. Dry food alone does not thrill them but with canned My Dog they eat with relish

+ Mixed with dry food makes evening meal tastier and more enjoyable. Dogs are healthy and enjoy the variety

- Quite expensive and fish variety often not available. Twice cans have blown in 1.18kg variety which is disappointing

My furbaby loves my dog!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2013

my cuddle baby loves my dog food variety's she down's it within seconds and is always crying for more lol! i have had her for 9 years and too be honest,i have changed her food to other brands in the past and most have made her sick,vomiting,diarrhea and even to the point she did not want to eat,i never had any issues with "my dog" food! they are a little expensive but we choose to have pets and at the end of the day you have to care for them even if that means spending a fair bit of money on dog food ,i would rather pay for an expensive dog food that keeps my furbaby happy and healthy then to buy a cheap brand like i did and end up with $300 in vet bills from it making her sick. My dog food is great looking,moist and i love that you can see the vegetables and even cheese pieces through out the meal. FANTASTIC !!!

+ reliable ,moist ,great variety meals

- expensive but worth it!

Purchased at: Coles

Comments

in my opinion we should all be feeding our dogs a high quality dry food which is high in protein, has meats as the first ingredients, and is recommended by dog food advisor. I have 2 dogs, one of... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2013

This brand was terrible for my pooch. Within a month, his coat lost its shine and his eyes had lost their glossiness and upon consulting my veternarian, i was warned to avoid this brand and to instead invest in brands that have more research done to back them up like science diet and eukabana.

- No health benefits. essentially junk food for dogs.

Purchased at: ALDI

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 review
Private message

Please, Consult your vet before using

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2013

My beautiful Jack Russell died from pancreatitis. I had changed her diet to My Dog about 6 months prior to her illness. When I told my vet his words were My Dog is the McDonald's for dogs and they treat many dogs with pancreatitis who have been a diet of My Dog.

Pancreatitis is a horrible, painful disease that can prove difficult to treat, I have a $15,000 Vet bill to prove it. Don't be sucked in as I was by the expensive advertising. If My Dog is so good why is the low fat variety now being pushed on tv. Please, consult your vet before feeding your dog this killer food it really could save your dogs life.

Update:
Please consult with your vet before using, this food may not be suitable for your breed of dog also older dogs may require a more specialised diet. Always check with your vet before changing your dogs diet it could effect your dogs health and the right diet could prolong the life of your dog.

- It could kill your dog

Consult with your vet before feeding this to your dog

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2013

My dog is rubbish it's the dog equivalent of McDonalds and can cause serious health issues. I found out the hard way when my dog became very seriously I'll. I had changed to my dog without consulting with my vet. I was sucked in by the expensive advertising. If you love your dog don't feed it tjhis rubbish.

+ nothing

- Should come with a health warning attached. Take the advice of your vet.

Mouldy food, but my dog usually loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2012

This morning i opened a satchel of chicken supreme for my westie [dog] and it was mouldy. This is the first time i have had this. I have taken a photo. Our dog luvs my dog and it is the only food she eats. Also she luvs the dry food,she is two years old.

+ It's reliable

- It was mouldy!

Purchased at: Woolworths

• 1 answer
  • 53 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2012

I used this as an energency when my dao was fussy and would not eat his regular food. Huge mistake! it gave him severe diarorea. He did willingly eat it but it was not worth the trouble and mess to clean up. My dog is large (Doberman about 45 kgs) and the can sizes were not useful for us. I would never recommend this prodcut as it seemed to be full of artificial ingredients disguised as real ingedients. I have found that tinnes food does nothing for large, energetic dogs.

+ Easy to get everwhere, cheap

- This gave my dog severe diarorea

1 of 2 pages