Please note that this page is for http://www.myfurniturestore.com.au/ which is a different business to http://www.my-furniture.com.au/.

Do Not Order From My Furniture Store

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I purchased a bed online from My Furniture Store and it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company. I am not one to write a review but with the experience I have had (similar to others on this page) I felt the need to. I ordered a bed on 03/05/2018 and it said 10 - 20 days for delivery. By the 23/05/2018 I had not heard from anyone. Mind you it is next to impossible to get in contact with anyone at this store. When you ring, most of the time no one answers and it just rings out with no option to leave a voicemail. When I spoke to someone in the existing sales team, they informed me that the order didn't get picked up by the courier because the courier 'didn't show up'. They said it would leave the warehouse the following Monday the 28th of May and would be received later that week. I called on 30/05/2018 because I hadn't heard anything and they said there has been a delay and it won't go until 04/06/2018 and to expect the bed later in the week. I then asked if I could pick it up from the warehouse in Melbourne, they told me that wasn't an option as I chose delivery. Turns out the bed was still in NSW as I spoke to the courier company on 04/06/2018. The courier company sent me a text saying are you home between 11am - 2pm on 12/06/2018 so apparently it won't get to me by the end of this week. I requested a refund because I have waited over a month, been lied to and stuffed around which 'management' are now refusing to provide a refund. I have had to request my bank to follow this up because I cannot speak to anyone that can actually do anything for me in this company. I will never purchase anything again from them and will tell my friends and family the same!

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Slightly Traumatic: but turned out in the end

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I found the bed I wanted online but visited the Auburn store to make the purchase. I bought two items (one a special order) and elected to wait and take one delivery once the special order item was ready. When I called for an update on the ETA, I was met with rude, aggressive staff, and was treated very disrespectfully. I was called a liar when I advised that the receipt I was provided with didnt stipulate that I would have to pay the balance prior to delivery (No COD) - I was quite taken aback. When I went to the shop and was able to prove my claim I did get an apology, but really, there are some things that sorry just doesn't cover. No doubt yr wondering why the three stars? To be fair, after much anxiety and stress I did get what I ordered and both items are of good quality - so the stars are for the furniture - 0 stars for the customer service experience. I will never buy from them again but if you decide to risk it, I suggest you gird your loins and don your armour!

Ultimate Range in affordable prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

I have purchased the ultra firm mattress in store. SuperFriendly customer service and mattress prices are so affordable and easily comptetive to expensive brands.Huge discounts.

Mixed experience, won't be a repeat customer

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

I ordered a blanket box at the start of May. By the end of May I still hadn't received it. I tried emailing and calling to chase said order and had not received a reply or an as-promised call-back. A couple of times I did manage to speak to a member of staff (tip: don't use the 1300 number); on the first occasion I was told the box was being collected from the warehouse, but a week went by and no call or update. The second member of staff told me a week later that the box wasn’t on the list for pickup that week and that he was going to investigate why and update me - again, no response. I wrote this review and received a very prompt response saying that the supplier was slow. By this stage I was just not satisfied with my experience and didn't want to run the risk of another week or more of chasing the item. I requested a refund, which was actioned the very next day. I do appreciate the quick refund and the very polite correspondence from Craig, but I do wish that it didn't have to take writing a review to get a proper order update.

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Yes delays on products that need to be ordered in from slow third party sippliers do occasionally occur - sometimes their communication to us also delayed - we try our best to ensure that we keep o... read more »

Purchased a bed paid for it was told to come pick it up get there and was told that they don't have

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Purchased a bed get it home the bed is badly damaged no one will return my calls left messages asked to speak to a manager apparently they don't have a manager

Well served and good range of product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Excellent sevice thanks craig for your help o choose right product.would definately recommend other to visit as well as the people are friendly.

Great quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

I placed my order for 2 toy boxes online which was easy to complete and pay. The order shipped pretty quickly and was very easy to collect from the shipper. I was delighted with the look and sturdiness of the boxes and my daughter was also impressed with the quality. We now just need to drill some large holes in the backs in case kids shut themselves in and add a few pneumatic struts so they don't crush fingers but I am confident these boxes will stand up well to my 2 boisterous grand sons for many years.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Taken My Money, Are Unable To Deliver the Product But Still No Refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I have never had any issues with online purchases until I made a purchase with My Furniture Store. It also seems from reading other reviews that my experience is not an isolated case. I made a purchase at the end of January over the phone. After checking with the manufacturer that the items were available payment was taken for the goods. Time went by and I heard nothing about delivery. I rang the numbers I had from the sales order and left messages. I also emailed to find out the status of my order. Eventually I received a phone call saying the items were no longer available and would l like to choose something else. No thanks I will have a refund. Well that was over two months ago and despite numerous phone calls which weren't returned and a number of emails which also went unanswered I eventually got through to someone who said that she wasn't authorised to give me a refund but would pass it on for approval. I think by this stage my comment was that you can't take someone's money and not provide the goods therefore I was entitled to a refund and looked forward to receiving it. Well no refund was forthcoming. I was now at a complete loss as to what to do. They don't answer emails nor any of the phone numbers on the sales order. If I can't communicate with them how do I get my money back. I ended up driving out to the Auburn Store thinking that I could solve this face to face even though Auburn was a considerable distance from my home. Well that did me no good as the saleswomen in the store advised me she was not authorised to give refunds. Only the owner was able to do this. She confirmed that I was entitled to a refund and said that the manager would ring me on Saturday to process the refund. That was one month ago. I am now taking the matter to Fair Trading as I feel I have exhausted all other avenues and I am owed over $1200. Please think twice before purchasing through this company. If you read the reviews there are common recurrent themes relating to lack of customer service, inability to contact anyone for assistance, and difficulties getting your money back even though no goods have been delivered. It's a very consistent pattern of behaviour. Give your business to someone that values you as a customer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

It is unlikely that we would not give you a refund should we not be able to supply - so please call me (Craig - manager) if this is still an issue and will solve for you instantly - thanking you.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Bought 2 mattress on 11/4/2018. The price is reasonable and the sales person Craig was really helpful. He patiently answered all my quetions and stayed back for half an hour past the shop closing time to finalise my purchase. Great customer experience.

Very helpful excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Made the purchase in store, made it very easy thank you. Gave us many options to choose from at affordable prices for us, definitely coming back here!

Professional and fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Randomly walked into the store and was looking for a ks mattress as few friends were coming over the weekend needed something nice but also a folding type mattress. Was really happy with their fast and easy service. Sales person understood exactly what i wanted.

Reasonable price, good furniture & excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

I bought a mattress from here, very good customer service even in such a big store
Very reasonable price
And Very good quality furnitures
And thanks to Greg for helping me out and to explain everything

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hi Alan, Thanking you for shopping with My Furniture Store - always appreciated - sales team.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

It is a great store which has a range of wonderful furnitures to satisfy you more at your home. I recommed all to visit once there.

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hi Reshma, Thanking you for shopping with My Furniture Store - always appreciated - sales team.

More than happy with service from Craig -

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Purchased mattress from My Furniture Store and found what i expected - good price , 12 years warranty and delivery instant - so good - thank you My Furniture Store.

Strathfield

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Don't Bother!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

This company doesn't deserve any stars at all!! They take your money and then completely ignore you. They don't answer any of the 3 phone numbers they have provided on their website. Your phone call gets directed to an answering service that passes on the message that won't get answered. They don't respond to emails either. Honestly I don't understand how these people are still in business. They should have been shut down by now. The savings are really not worth the headache and frustration. I ended up cancelling my order through a case on PayPal and getting a full refund and these people CANNOT BE TRUSTED AT ALL!!!! Absolutely appalling non-existant service. Anyone giving them a positive review is either a relative or friend so you can't believe that either!!!

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

We do not not agree that we take any customers money and ignore them - we have over 5 lines and do our best to answer calls as timely as possible - calling our valuable and appreciative customers l... read more »

Oh now you’re responding!! Too late. If you respond to your customers like a company that respects and appreciates their customers should, you wouldn’t receive so many negative comments and I would... read more »

Very good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2018

Absolutely satisfied with tray’s service and very friendly. Bought exactly what was on the mind with his help and around our budget.

Fabulous service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

Fantastic help in the store for finding what i am after. They helped me to figure out if the item would fit in my car or not. Very friendly and helpful staff would definitely return back .cheers

Slight delay but happy customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

Mid January my wife and I purchased a custom made pantry as well as a custom made glass display cabinet. Craig was very helpful in doing his best to meet our requirements especially with colours. After negotiating on price the order was placed with a 4-5 week turn around.

As 5 weeks approaches I contacted and spoke to Gina who was very apologetic and would make a phone call to the relevant people. There was a delay in manufacturing and we were told another fortnight. As I was back to work, a Saturday delivery was then arranged which was helpful. 2 weeks later we received our 2 items and are very happy.

Reading the reviews below, some people just need a bit of patience. Especially with custom made furniture

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2018

Store personal was very helpful. He was friendly and patient and showed us all the options. In the end he helped us choose the correct option.

Worst customer service. I'm traumatised.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

We purchased a bed in November 2017. They said it will be ordered in and will take 6 weeks.
15 weeks later still hasn't arrived. We ask them for money back. And then they insist it will be delivered the same weekend.
So we put our trust in them once again only to have delivered the wrong bed!!!
Are you guys joking!