Please note that this page is for http://www.myfurniturestore.com.au/ which is a different business to http://www.my-furniture.com.au/.

Once you've paid for it, there's no refund or exchange!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

We bought a bed and mattress once from them and by the time i get home i realized i actually got the mattress at home. I then rang the next day to ask for a refund on the mattress as i haven't received both my bed and mattress (This will take about 2 weeks to arrive). I've all several times and every time i mentioned about refund, i was told someone will give me a call back. Three days later i finally received a call from the store telling me they don't do refund, i was frustrated as i wasn't told the purchase was non-refundable nor there were any signs stating that. I then asked if i could exchange the mattress for something else, they said no neither. I was like what kind of places have i bought the furniture from. I requested to speak to the manager, the manager finally has the gut to speak to me after passing messages to the person who i talked to on the phone for quite some times. She then said to me if i would like a refund on the mattress, that's possible but i have to pay for cancellation fees of $100 plus the price of the bed i bought would have to be put back up to the full price. I told her when i bought the bed, i paid for what it advertised, they didn't give me any special deal for the bed. I wondered where the original price came from. She mentioned the cancellation fee is for restocking fee but i said to her, the mattress was a clearance stock from the floor there shouldn't be any restocking fee. She told me if i were to cancel the mattress, after all the price adjustment and cancellation fees i would get back like $60. I was like are you serious? How can they do business like this ? Never ever buy anything from these guys unless you are 100% sure of what you want. They don't allow for any change of order whatsoever.

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

We clearly show in store that when an order is placed - please select carefully as the item you purchased was already specially ordered in for you and if you change your mind (as in this case) ther... read more »

Well i don't remember seeing a sign of your no change of mind policy. I would suggest you put the sign bigger and clearer at the payment counter. I have bought furniture from stores like Harvey Nor... read more »

Verified Purchase

Don't do it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Ordered a bed after being told it would take 3 to 4 weeks however it took 9 weeks.

After I finally managed to get someone to return my calls. They passed the buck blaming the manufacturer.

There was nothing wrong with bed when in finally arrived – but unless you are happy to wait months I would give this place a miss.

Shonky service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Bought a Fairmont suite with mattress and bed with under bed drawers. It's been 3 months and still have not got drawers. [name removed] and [name removed] keep fibbing me off with blaming the suppliers. I am a pensioner and paid $1250 for it as a Christmas present for my son. It was delivered without drawers in mid November last year and I am still waiting. They are a terrible business. Shonky is the word I would use. I have contacted fair trading but since reading the warning reviews I am not alone in being ripped off by them. DO NOT buy from them or you will be sorry.

March 3rd 2017 Update: Shonky business that delivered bed without drawers as described

Bought king sized single bed with drawers. November 2015 bed came without drawers. Still haven't received drawers. No resolution from [name removed] or [name removed]. No calls to tell me progress. Have called them numerous times. Cost me $1250 and was a Christmas present for my son. Contacted fair trading who were useless. Am looking at legal avenues to pursue as I don't want these people to get away with this time and time again judging by their bad reviews. I want everyone to know NOT to buy from these systems. Feeling ripped off big time.

March 7th 2017 Update: Rip off shonky business

Bought Fairmont suite for $1250. [name removed] in sales helpful till bed delivered without drawers. 3 months later still no drawers. [name removed] in customer support is the worst customer service. Doesn't care and excuse after excuse. I don't care if you have problems with your supplier. I paid good money for your rip off furniture and I want what I paid for. I will be bombarding with reviews. Fair trading are useless so social media it is you should not be in business if this is the way you operate.

Private message

$150 for delivery and three weeks on, no item.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Bought a bunk bed from them, aware that prior to Christmas there would be a pretty hefty delivery fee. So, swallowed the $150 delivery fee expecting it would arrive just after Christmas (within the 7-10 day estimate). Here it is 17th January, excuse after excuse, called them AGAIN today and was told it was on the truck, would be here this week. Just got an email to say I will be contacted NEXT week to arrange a delivery time. Absolutely pathetic, their delivery charge is a complete rip off, customer service is polite, but just spouts lies.

Private message

Terrible service and no delivery. No updates no communication; don't buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

After buying furniture from Auburn store I have been calling them since last 2-3 weeks as to when my furniture will be delivered but no one calls back. Hot Line number is only a messaging service not actual people of the company. No one picks phone when called on direct number of the store. Left message no response back.

Finally after 2-3 weeks, they scheduled delivery to come between 11-1 but no buddy showed up. Instead driver says no one was at home. Pathetic people; never buy from here.

Sydney

Worst Customer Service Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

My purchase took over 3 months to arrive. Upon delivery, the two man driver team refused to carry the extremely heavy parts upstairs for us. Instead they were left in the corridor which is absolutely useless to us. My father has a damaged rotary cuff and my mother is still suffering from a car accident. That just leaves my younger sister and us with no idea of what to do. Customer service line was busy and [name removed], my personal contact for the delivery, could not be contacted. If this the experience you want then please feel free to use this furniture service. Otherwise save yourself some pain and heartache and keep well clear.

Would give ZERO stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Purchased a futon in November 2016, after hearing nothing, contacted them. They used their stock response - wait for courier to call. Well that never happened and now Naidine is ignoring my emails and demands for my $600 back. Fair Trading, Police and Fraud have been notified. DO NOT buy from here!!!

Bamarang

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible customer service and damaged goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2017

Do not be tempted to use this company, you will regret it. When goods finally arrived they were damaged and it was only the tenacity of my husband that eventually got them repaired. These people ignore consumer rights, outright lie about what they are going to do to resolve disputes, just laughed when we got Fair Trading involved and were happy to brag that they dealt with Fair Trading all of the time and were not concerned. The lounge is of poor quality now that we have had a chance to use it and not worth what we paid for it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS STORE. I would have given them no stars if it was possible.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

No Delivery, No communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

Only purchased King Single Beds as we were guaranteed delivery last week. Last week came and no beds. Had an email saying there was a delay and would be kept up to date. No emails, no phone calls, no replies to messages we left. So disappointing. Still hoping something may happen tomorrow.....

• 1 answer

Too many excuses

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

The common thread in most of the unfavourable reviews is poor communication by the vendor or complete lack of it as well as being unable to deliver goods as advertised. Initially was going to purchase an ensemble base but have been put off by the company's inability to get its act together as expressed in these reviews.

• 3 helpful votes

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I purchased a piece of furniture and they charged my credit card $750. They sent me a text four weeks ago telling me my furniture would arrive the next week. Have left five(!) messages on their answering machine and they did not return any calls. They still have my money. I don't have my furniture.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

extremly Bad...please avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

Not delivered within time frame 7-10 days. Had to go store again to know status after 21 days. Delivered after 28 days but one left outside of home as delivery man has no time. Terrible customer service. Store ph never picked up. Please avoid.

1 of 5 pages