Please note that this page is for http://www.myfurniturestore.com.au/ which is a different business to http://www.my-furniture.com.au/.

UNreasonable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

If your definition of 'reasonable' includes: poor communication, general incompetence, not delivering on time (at all), and rudeness – then you will be right at home here. Oh, and add to that – after the no communication regarding unavailability of stock therefore no delivery, no delivery, no apology, suggestions for other options that were ordered without my confirmation, and expecting me to accept part delivery 4 days late when I had clearly stated my time restrictions up front. I had to pay 20% to get a refund as it was seen as I cancelled the order for change of mind!! NOT that they hadn’t delivered on anything that was ordered. If this sounds ‘reasonable’ to you, as they claim it is – then go right ahead. Personally my definition of reasonable is quite different, and I have found even better than reasonable – I have found ‘excellent’ elsewhere!

Buyers Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

BUYERS BEWARE!!! I placed an order on line back in February, only to be emailed that the item was no longer available and to choose another similar item, which I proceeded to do. My bank account was debited back in February but I was still waiting for delivery of my item in May. I found the customer service inconsistent and also you cannot track your item. In desperation I lodged a dispute through PayPal and finally at the end of May, received my item. I am still waiting for the complimentary sheet set that they offered as compensation. I am not holding my breath!!

Be warned

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

I purchased two bedside tables in store at Auburn for a unit that we were due to move into in two weeks time. Urgency was the essential component. I double-checked that the delivery time was soon. Seven days, I was told - they are in the warehouse and just has to be brought over from there.This was on 2nd February. Foolishly, I paid in full in advance - bad move! Then I got a text message saying there was a delay - and then another and another.Today, the goods have arrived at Auburn and we have now collected them. It is the 5th May, more than fourteen weeks since we ordered them. Be warned.

Yass

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Worst online experience yet!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

Ordered a TV cabinet online from this company on 17/2/16. Paid in full - exorbitant freight costs. Should have cancelled order then or better yet read reviews before placing order. After 6 weeks of chasing up my order the product arrived with the inadequate packaging torn and the goods badly damaged inside. I refused to take delivery and am now having hassles getting a refund from the company. They won't do this until their dispute with the courier company is settled. I am filing a complaint with the Dept. of Fair Trading as this company needs to be investigated for its shoddy practices. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hi Maggie, We are disappointed your TV stand was damaged and requested a photo of the damage. As this was not received we need the product returned in order to refund you which we advised you via ... read more »

Rubbish

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Never Never Never will go back !!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Hi Folks, I have read few positive reviews and went to this store (used to be at Liverpool and now at Parramatta road) and ordered our master bedroom furniture set. We were promised to receive everything by end of November 2015. We received furniture just a day before Christmas and but not everything. Last piece of the set was received in February.
Also we chose the leather frame and mattress but we were not advised correctly that selected mattress will not go well with bed frame. It did kill the look of leather bed frame.
Anyway, I would prefer to spend bit more and get better quality from somewhere else and on-time delivery.
I am not going to this store again and will not recommend anybody.
If you still decide to go then good luck.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Sorry about this my friend, You should have complained to us that the mattress selected did not fit to your Bed - We have all sizes of mattress even if wanted it customized. As for the Bed, Price... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Not reliable and worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2016

We ordered furniture in Dec and were promised to be delivered in 14 days. However, January passed without any call from them. In feb, we started chasing them for delivery. No one picked phone or replied to our emails. Somehow they agreed to deliver. But on the day of delivery, we were informed the bed supposed to be delivered is broken and delivery cannot happen on that day. We were promised delivery next week. But again there were no calls and no replies to emails for another three weeks. Finally after heated conversation and lot of pushing they delivered the bed after 3 months in March. Just be careful with them. Do not pay the amount in full!!

Private message

Absolutely terrible!! Please do not waste your time and money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

Don't usually do this, but had to share to warn everyone. Bought a dining table, was told 2-3 weeks for delivery but got it after 5 weeks - ok. Tried to assemble the table, the connection points (3 in total) on the glasstop did not align to the base (only 2 aligned at any one time) - the spacing between 2 notches on the glasstop was larger than the 2 corresponding ones on the base - ie: faulty product. Sent pictures of said issue - after nearly 2 weeks of chasing, was sent pictures saying they have successfully assembled the same model/brand of table in one of their showrooms in Victoria, so therefore the one delivered to me cannot be faulty! Not sure they understand the concept of a 'faulty product' - after trying to convey that just because they successfully assembled the same model/brand elsewhere in Australia, this does not mean the one i received was not faulty. Was then told they could send someone out to look at the table i was sent - but at a cost, which I needed to pay. Or they could ship a new table (coming from overseas so another 3 weeks minimum). Asked them to remove the faulty product as I could not wait another 3+ weeks, not to mention was sick of dealing with the lies and poor service. The final straw - they offered to refund only 60% of the original price I paid for the table!!! 60% refund for a faulty product?! Luckily I have a few lawyer mates - going to take the legal route here - not for the money they did not refund but on principal alone....deliver a faulty product, try to justify themselves using stupid logic, attempt to charge me more money to send someone to look at it and then only refund 60% of the purchase price!! All the negative reviews you see here are absolutely spot on!

Melbourne

Wrong Product Rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2016

Bought medium firm but in reality it was an extra firm. Nightmare to return the product. Not a good experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hello Mark,
The Heavenly mattress is a medium firm mattress - you ordered a mattress online without trying it and leaving a negative review when is unfair.
- management -

• 1 helpful vote

Damn this store

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

I was paid in full amount, and they said my item will be there about on 6-8 weeks, but 4 months passed, I only received 1 item, make so much calls and they said they will call me back, but never happens.
I will pass my experience too all my friends and let them do not ever go this shop or online business.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hi Evan,
Sorry for not replying sooner, your experience is not really pleasing, we expect that you send us your invoice to be sure of your claims.

Cheers!
Management.

• 1 helpful vote

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2015

Worst experience. Avoid at all costs. You've been warned! They told me the item was in stock when I ordered and to expect it in about a week. It didn't happen.

Windsor, NSW

Wish I could give 0 stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2015

Should have read the reviews here first. We had our bed 13 months before it inexplicably fell apart. So dangerous! I shudder to think what might have happened if the kids were in the bed at the time.
Customer service is trying to make the manufacturer sort this out. This is illegal.
With such a bad experience and seeing that some people have terrible experiences and some have absolutely wonderful ones, I can't help but wonder if myfurniturestore.com.au employees are writing the good reviews?
There is no way they deserve 5 stars.

Sydney, Australia

Verified Customer

Stay away! Go to a reputable store who wont just take your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2015

By far the WORST SERVICE, no accountability or updates. Didnt even call or email me to let me know "hey, your furniture will be 2 weeks late, and we still dont know if/when you will receive it." I do not understand how this business has survived so far. Would advise people to STAY AWAY since I STILL have no idea when I will receive my furniture! Quick to take your money but forget about you straight after!

MELBOURNE

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Wish I could give zero stars!!! This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with in my 63 year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2015

How I wish I had found the other reviews before I dealt with this company. I ordered a desk and bookcase from this company in December 2014 and am still waiting for the items. The desk actually turned up today with no warning it was on its way but no bookcase at all. I say the desk has not arrived because the desk was advertised as fully assembled on the website which is why I chose it as I am a disability pensioner with a serious heart complaint so would not be able to assemble it, it actually arrived in three seperate cartons, so most definitely not assembled which is what I ordered and paid for.

I have tried to contact the company by phone many times,all I get is instructions to leave my contact details and they will get back to me, no one ever has. The message system is useless, they never answer your questions honestly in my opinion, just keep fobbing you off with promises that never happen.

I have been trying to cancel the order as it has gone so far past the delivery time frame quoted that I feel I have the right to cancel the order and get my money back! They just kept telling me that I could not cancel as they were with the courier company which is an obvious untruth as I have not got the bookcase that was supposed to be delivered at the same time as the desk.

My experience has been as bad as many others it seems going by the reviews here, more fool me for not looking for reviews.

As I said in the subject line this is the worst company I have dealt with in my 63 years on this planet!!!!

Burnie

TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2015

Ordered bedside tables and they turned up broken. The boxes they came in were fine so they must of been packed broken. Will not refund or replace and just blame the freight company. Do not deal with this company they are terrible!!!

Avoid!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2015

Salesman provided wrong dimensions of the furniture to get the sale. Now that only part of the order has been delivered - it does't fit and is absolutely useless. On top of all this they have been lying about the delivery timeframes. Looking at all the other reviews it seems that i am not alone. Please avoid - its not worth the hassle. You will be extremely disappointed!!!!

Private message

Wish I could rate this store 0 stars!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2015

I ordered a chest of drawers back in July '14. It is now the 29th of January '15. I still have not received my order.

When I originally placed the order, for pick up, it was when they were located at Blacktown Warehouse. My invoice says that my delivery will arrive within 13 - 25 days. 28 days later I rang to ask about my order. It hadn't come in yet. Quite a bit of time went by and I completely forgot about the drawers because I have a busy schedule, I ended up remembering in November and went on the website and found out that they had moved location, so my friends went all the way to Liverpool with a trailer to pick up these drawers. When they arrived, they were gone and apparently had been "picked up" which was obviously a lie as I am a disabled woman who couldn't possibly pick them up.
So long story short, they reordered my order in again... I've recently again, remembered that I had placed an order with them, which apparently actually arrived in November... Now the fact that a HUGE amount of time has passed in between orders is a very good indicator that they NEVER once emailed me to let me know that my order was ready to be picked up. EVER.

All they do is go on their website and update the little comment box on your order on the website. So if you are going to buy from this site, make sure you 1. Pay for delivery or 2. Check that website EVERYDAY!

This is beyond a joke. They are now trying to charge me a cancellation fee for their poor services, which will NOT be happening.

my.furniturestore.com.au - aka: Craig Mendel Enterprises Pty Ltd

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2014

All i wanted was a bed. What a drama... we are still waiting for our order 11 weeks after payment. the bed we ordered and received 5 weeks after order, is really bad quality, faulty and the main frame was broken upon opening of the very badly packed items.

we are still waiting for replacement parts and are not really sure what or if it will be arriving.. probably nothing at this rate.

They do not make sense when you try to contact via email or phone & you are just left feeling like a fool for dealing with them in the first place.. i will never deal with another company that is not listed on google (this prevents them from having online reviews)... i strongly advise anyone remotely thinking of ordering anything from them.. go elsehwere.

• 7 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2014

Ordered a queen bed from My Furniture Store online on the 5th August 2014, are told 8-10 weeks. Phoned today (9 weeks) and was told by the warehouse that it has only just been loaded on the ship from overseas. The delivery now will be another 4-6 weeks. I have to have the bed by the end of next week, otherwise can't have it.
I wish I had read this before hand.

Do not buy from them

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Worst. Service. Ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

Where do I start?! It all started so well with an easy online order. Clearly that was the peak of the good experience. After being told 15-25 days until delivery, I waited until 30 days had passed to contact 'customer service' (I use the term VERY loosely) to get an update on my order (a lowline bookcase...not too difficult).
I made a total of 5 phone calls over the course of 2 weeks, left 3 messages and received substandard replies.

I think my personal favourite was when I eventually gave up on the phone and sent an email where I questioned their customer service standards, asked where my bookcase was (by now, the 25 days was well over) and advised if i had no response in 48 hours I'd be lodging a dispute with PayPal to return my funds.

The email i received back from who I assume was the owner (Craig Mendle) addressed none of my concerns and simply said that the product I'd ordered normally ships in 4-6 weeks.

Well. I was unimpressed. Having dealt with transport companies and working in logistics myself, I understand how long it should take for a truck to make it from Sydney to Melbourne. I advised that everything I had received indicated 15-25 days and asked for the exact ETD from Sydney.

I was told it left Sydney on the 30th. I would therefore expect delivery early this week - which thankfully did happen - so I called the transport company direct (they were very easy to deal with) and arrange delivery myself.

Props to the makers of the product, it is wonderfully built, nice and sturdy and the stain is just as we chose. Would definitely deal direct with them - will never use My Furniture Store again.

Word to the wise, if you do live interstate, stay on top of the delivery. PayPal give you 45 days to lodge a dispute.

+ The product itself

- Everything else

Private message

This business is only interested in getting your money - no integrity.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2014

I'm looking for a water hyacinth 100cm x 100cm coffee table. Sent MFS a msg asking could they get one as they have it in other sizes. Yes, 4 -5 weeks to get it from WA. Msg back I live in WA, could I pay them and pick up or have delivered in WA. Yes, $499 + delivery. Thought this was a bit expensive, but hey I couldn't find one in WA. Paid $100 deposit and asked where in WA it was coming from as I might be able to pick up, and how much was delivery. Wouldn't give me any answer about suburb and delivery was $90. Started feeling uncomfortable that I had given this guy my credit card details as he was so evasive about me getting this product myself.

He said the pick up details would be given on the tax invoice he would send and he couldn't remember the name of the supplier etc, but eventually told me it was IO Furniture in South Fremantle. All this in about 20 minutes. I immediately googled IO Furniture but the place doesn't exist in Sth Freo. Now I'm really worried. Phoned a large furniture store in Sth Freo and asked if there was an IO Furniture store anywhere there - no they were sure there was not. Told them a little about why I'd phoned and they said they had the product I was looking for - price $239. Phoned MFS back and asked again where the supplier was as I was feeling uncomfortable about the whole deal.

He became defensive, further evasive and rude. I said then that I would just cancel the deal and before I could ask for a refund on my deposit which he would not have had time to process he said there would be a cancellation charge. I was happy to pay this and get out of there until he told me it would be $169 !!!! $169 to process a refund of $100. The guy is crazy and I told him I would contact my bank. I did and they said they would take up the dispute if he took any money out of my bank. Next thing - $100 is taken out of my bank - after I had cancelled.

Then the tax invoice comes without my deposit recorded - I owe $499 and can pick up my product from the furniture store I contacted in Sth Freo !!!!! He would pay $239 if he bought retail - sure it would cost him to freight to melbourne but he doesn't need to do that as i would pay delivery or pick up. And he has my $100 deposit. I have this now with small claims and my bank. But i'm not hopeful of getting my deposit back.
Do not give your credit card details to this business. Why is he dealing as an online business and has no secure credit card facility? Unfortunately i have to give this guy a 1 star rating . That's the lowest option.

2 of 3 pages