Please note that this page is for http://www.myfurniturestore.com.au/ which is a different business to http://www.my-furniture.com.au/.

Wrong Product Rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2016

Bought medium firm but in reality it was an extra firm. Nightmare to return the product. Not a good experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hello Mark,
The Heavenly mattress is a medium firm mattress - you ordered a mattress online without trying it and leaving a negative review when is unfair.
- management -

• 1 helpful vote

Damn this store

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

I was paid in full amount, and they said my item will be there about on 6-8 weeks, but 4 months passed, I only received 1 item, make so much calls and they said they will call me back, but never happens.
I will pass my experience too all my friends and let them do not ever go this shop or online business.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Furniture Store Official

Hi Evan,
Sorry for not replying sooner, your experience is not really pleasing, we expect that you send us your invoice to be sure of your claims.

Cheers!
Management.

• 1 helpful vote

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2015

Worst experience. Avoid at all costs. You've been warned! They told me the item was in stock when I ordered and to expect it in about a week. It didn't happen.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Windsor, NSW

Wish I could give 0 stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2015

Should have read the reviews here first. We had our bed 13 months before it inexplicably fell apart. So dangerous! I shudder to think what might have happened if the kids were in the bed at the time.
Customer service is trying to make the manufacturer sort this out. This is illegal.
With such a bad experience and seeing that some people have terrible experiences and some have absolutely wonderful ones, I can't help but wonder if myfurniturestore.com.au employees are writing the good reviews?
There is no way they deserve 5 stars.

Sydney, Australia

Verified Customer

Stay away! Go to a reputable store who wont just take your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2015

By far the WORST SERVICE, no accountability or updates. Didnt even call or email me to let me know "hey, your furniture will be 2 weeks late, and we still dont know if/when you will receive it." I do not understand how this business has survived so far. Would advise people to STAY AWAY since I STILL have no idea when I will receive my furniture! Quick to take your money but forget about you straight after!

MELBOURNE

• 1 answer
Private message

Wish I could give zero stars!!! This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with in my 63 year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2015

How I wish I had found the other reviews before I dealt with this company. I ordered a desk and bookcase from this company in December 2014 and am still waiting for the items. The desk actually turned up today with no warning it was on its way but no bookcase at all. I say the desk has not arrived because the desk was advertised as fully assembled on the website which is why I chose it as I am a disability pensioner with a serious heart complaint so would not be able to assemble it, it actually arrived in three seperate cartons, so most definitely not assembled which is what I ordered and paid for.

I have tried to contact the company by phone many times,all I get is instructions to leave my contact details and they will get back to me, no one ever has. The message system is useless, they never answer your questions honestly in my opinion, just keep fobbing you off with promises that never happen.

I have been trying to cancel the order as it has gone so far past the delivery time frame quoted that I feel I have the right to cancel the order and get my money back! They just kept telling me that I could not cancel as they were with the courier company which is an obvious untruth as I have not got the bookcase that was supposed to be delivered at the same time as the desk.

My experience has been as bad as many others it seems going by the reviews here, more fool me for not looking for reviews.

As I said in the subject line this is the worst company I have dealt with in my 63 years on this planet!!!!

Burnie

TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2015

Ordered bedside tables and they turned up broken. The boxes they came in were fine so they must of been packed broken. Will not refund or replace and just blame the freight company. Do not deal with this company they are terrible!!!

Sydney

Avoid!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2015

Salesman provided wrong dimensions of the furniture to get the sale. Now that only part of the order has been delivered - it does't fit and is absolutely useless. On top of all this they have been lying about the delivery timeframes. Looking at all the other reviews it seems that i am not alone. Please avoid - its not worth the hassle. You will be extremely disappointed!!!!

Private message

Wish I could rate this store 0 stars!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2015

I ordered a chest of drawers back in July '14. It is now the 29th of January '15. I still have not received my order.

When I originally placed the order, for pick up, it was when they were located at Blacktown Warehouse. My invoice says that my delivery will arrive within 13 - 25 days. 28 days later I rang to ask about my order. It hadn't come in yet. Quite a bit of time went by and I completely forgot about the drawers because I have a busy schedule, I ended up remembering in November and went on the website and found out that they had moved location, so my friends went all the way to Liverpool with a trailer to pick up these drawers. When they arrived, they were gone and apparently had been "picked up" which was obviously a lie as I am a disabled woman who couldn't possibly pick them up.
So long story short, they reordered my order in again... I've recently again, remembered that I had placed an order with them, which apparently actually arrived in November... Now the fact that a HUGE amount of time has passed in between orders is a very good indicator that they NEVER once emailed me to let me know that my order was ready to be picked up. EVER.

All they do is go on their website and update the little comment box on your order on the website. So if you are going to buy from this site, make sure you 1. Pay for delivery or 2. Check that website EVERYDAY!

This is beyond a joke. They are now trying to charge me a cancellation fee for their poor services, which will NOT be happening.

my.furniturestore.com.au - aka: Craig Mendel Enterprises Pty Ltd

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2014

All i wanted was a bed. What a drama... we are still waiting for our order 11 weeks after payment. the bed we ordered and received 5 weeks after order, is really bad quality, faulty and the main frame was broken upon opening of the very badly packed items.

we are still waiting for replacement parts and are not really sure what or if it will be arriving.. probably nothing at this rate.

They do not make sense when you try to contact via email or phone & you are just left feeling like a fool for dealing with them in the first place.. i will never deal with another company that is not listed on google (this prevents them from having online reviews)... i strongly advise anyone remotely thinking of ordering anything from them.. go elsehwere.

• 7 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2014

Ordered a queen bed from My Furniture Store online on the 5th August 2014, are told 8-10 weeks. Phoned today (9 weeks) and was told by the warehouse that it has only just been loaded on the ship from overseas. The delivery now will be another 4-6 weeks. I have to have the bed by the end of next week, otherwise can't have it.
I wish I had read this before hand.

Do not buy from them

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Worst. Service. Ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

Where do I start?! It all started so well with an easy online order. Clearly that was the peak of the good experience. After being told 15-25 days until delivery, I waited until 30 days had passed to contact 'customer service' (I use the term VERY loosely) to get an update on my order (a lowline bookcase...not too difficult).
I made a total of 5 phone calls over the course of 2 weeks, left 3 messages and received substandard replies.

I think my personal favourite was when I eventually gave up on the phone and sent an email where I questioned their customer service standards, asked where my bookcase was (by now, the 25 days was well over) and advised if i had no response in 48 hours I'd be lodging a dispute with PayPal to return my funds.

The email i received back from who I assume was the owner (Craig Mendle) addressed none of my concerns and simply said that the product I'd ordered normally ships in 4-6 weeks.

Well. I was unimpressed. Having dealt with transport companies and working in logistics myself, I understand how long it should take for a truck to make it from Sydney to Melbourne. I advised that everything I had received indicated 15-25 days and asked for the exact ETD from Sydney.

I was told it left Sydney on the 30th. I would therefore expect delivery early this week - which thankfully did happen - so I called the transport company direct (they were very easy to deal with) and arrange delivery myself.

Props to the makers of the product, it is wonderfully built, nice and sturdy and the stain is just as we chose. Would definitely deal direct with them - will never use My Furniture Store again.

Word to the wise, if you do live interstate, stay on top of the delivery. PayPal give you 45 days to lodge a dispute.

+ The product itself

- Everything else

Private message

This business is only interested in getting your money - no integrity.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2014

I'm looking for a water hyacinth 100cm x 100cm coffee table. Sent MFS a msg asking could they get one as they have it in other sizes. Yes, 4 -5 weeks to get it from WA. Msg back I live in WA, could I pay them and pick up or have delivered in WA. Yes, $499 + delivery. Thought this was a bit expensive, but hey I couldn't find one in WA. Paid $100 deposit and asked where in WA it was coming from as I might be able to pick up, and how much was delivery. Wouldn't give me any answer about suburb and delivery was $90. Started feeling uncomfortable that I had given this guy my credit card details as he was so evasive about me getting this product myself.

He said the pick up details would be given on the tax invoice he would send and he couldn't remember the name of the supplier etc, but eventually told me it was IO Furniture in South Fremantle. All this in about 20 minutes. I immediately googled IO Furniture but the place doesn't exist in Sth Freo. Now I'm really worried. Phoned a large furniture store in Sth Freo and asked if there was an IO Furniture store anywhere there - no they were sure there was not. Told them a little about why I'd phoned and they said they had the product I was looking for - price $239. Phoned MFS back and asked again where the supplier was as I was feeling uncomfortable about the whole deal.

He became defensive, further evasive and rude. I said then that I would just cancel the deal and before I could ask for a refund on my deposit which he would not have had time to process he said there would be a cancellation charge. I was happy to pay this and get out of there until he told me it would be $169 !!!! $169 to process a refund of $100. The guy is crazy and I told him I would contact my bank. I did and they said they would take up the dispute if he took any money out of my bank. Next thing - $100 is taken out of my bank - after I had cancelled.

Then the tax invoice comes without my deposit recorded - I owe $499 and can pick up my product from the furniture store I contacted in Sth Freo !!!!! He would pay $239 if he bought retail - sure it would cost him to freight to melbourne but he doesn't need to do that as i would pay delivery or pick up. And he has my $100 deposit. I have this now with small claims and my bank. But i'm not hopeful of getting my deposit back.
Do not give your credit card details to this business. Why is he dealing as an online business and has no secure credit card facility? Unfortunately i have to give this guy a 1 star rating . That's the lowest option.

This is disgusting!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2014

We bought a bed frame and they send us faulty and damaged piece. We trying to change this but they are lengthening the process making no sense and not ready to change but instead offered 30 AUD discount! What a JOKE!!!! We have spent 649 AUD on this queen exquisite bed pacific blue ( model- 198114209). Please spend your money somewhere worth it. Or else, you will regret it. We have already spent 2 months without bed in this cold freezing winter.

Private message

Do not buy from "my furniture store"

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2014

Ordered a $2700+ bedroom suite in Jan 2014 and was told it would be delivered within 4 weeks. Finally over 3 months later I have received my items, and realised that I was overcharged!! Contact very difficult, the phone constantly rings out. Tracking purchases online is impossible as the site isn't regularly updated. The delivery guys were ok- although I was later told my item sat in a truck for 2 weeks as it had broken down- a phone call or email would have been nice... and then to top it off the bed is a different colour to the tall boy and side tables.
I would not recommend them and certainly will not be purchasing from them again.

- Bad service, no assembly instructions included for bed, bed different colour to the rest of the suite

Greystanes, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

My Furniture Store needs to get their act together if they want to stay in business!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2014

What i purchased: 2 bookcases
ordered on: 11th jan 2014 from blacktown store, told that usually ships in 3-4weeks
[personal details removed]
Issues experienced: close to 4mth delay to receive goods, told that they had changed suppliers twice, no phone calls from store to let me know what was happening, found i was the one who had to constantly chase up the store to find out where things were up to. On two occasions - told i would receive a call back and i didn’t, instead had to call back and another time sent an email. Store contact numbers ring out, hard to reach and some numbers appear to be managed by o/seas call centre. Found i had to constantly ring the main sales number and just keep trying throughout the day until someone answered. Overall, big delays, lack of communication and customer service, hard to contact and get answers & unfilled promises.
Received goods on: 26 april 2014 finally! Delivery guys were quite pleasant & helpful, they rang me and left a voicemail message and also sent me a sms to re-confirm delivery & estimated time the night before, also responded to a reply sms i sent them promptly. On the day of delivery, they turned up as they had stated in the specified time. Can't fault the delivery guys 10/10 for them!
State of goods received: were wrapped in plastic on arrival, ,overall quality & workmanship was ok but i wouldn’t say it was perfect, they had imperfections which you could see, the main one was each bookcase had a 3cm rough crack which had been fixed up and painted over. Normally, i would have complained and had them replaced, but honestly after waiting so long, couldn’t be bothered with going through all the stress to have them returned and replaced. I could only imagine the dramas i would have if i tried.
Unfilled promise: when my goods finally had come in, i was told [name removed] was on holidays and dealt with [name removed] instead. I told him i had been waiting so long for my goods to come in. He promised that he would throw in 3 free pillows and a mattress protector for the long wait i had experienced when my goods got delivered, well guess what, no free stuff was sent.
Other reviews about my furniture store: i believe they are true and a real reflection of customers experiences and have been exactly what i have experienced, if the reviewers were really happy with their purchase, then they must have been extremely lucky, as most reviews speak for themselves. I am sorry that i didn't read the reviews here before purchasing. I can only hope things will improve and others won't experience what i and others have been through.
Would i purchase again from "my furniture store": no, i have no confidence in this store and would never recommend them to family or friends. I am hoping that “my furniture store” will read my review and take away my feedback as well as others here on "product review". They need to get their act together if they want to stay in business. I am an understanding and patient customer and i know that issues do arise and although the staff were never rude to me when i did follow up, they need to invest in customer service, the first thing is, they need to talk to their customers, be proactive, don’t hide behind emails, avoid calling back and not answering their phone lines, be upfront and let your customers know realistic delivery times and communicate with them about what is happening with their goods. Yes some customers, you will never be able to please and will be upset about delays etc but others will understand if they took the time to respect and keep them informed. I appreciate it’s hard to run a business, but remember the way you treat your customers goes a long way in the survival of any business. God, can only hope "my furniture store" gets this concept and does something to change it's ways!

vic

My Furniture store

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2014

We are driving home from picking up our couch, which we ordered and PAID IN FULL for on the 4th December last year. After our original delivery date of mid Feb wasn't met, I waited patiently until mid March then asked for a refund. I was then conned into going with a different style of couch, which would apparently be put on the next truck to Victoria. After not hearing anything I called on Thursday (April 17th) and was told it had been in Melbourne for two weeks!!!!! Their so called warehouse is the storage king in thomastown, and they were completely unreliable with organising a time to meet us there. We checked our couch, and the chaise is on the opposite side to what we ordered.
I wish I had read the reviews on here and never got myself into dealings with these people. None of them are honest, trustworthy, or reliable. We paid in full and waited over 5months to now be driving home with a couch that isn't the shape or style that we ordered.
These people are infuriating to communicate with, they have no idea what customer service is or how to run a business and I hope they end up miserable with nothing.

- Terrible service; constant lies; avoid all responsibility and blame it on suppliers; ridiculous delays; take full payment upfront with no guarantee; no Melbourne 'warehouse'; Incorrect items sent

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2014

After receiving my $2K+ bed, the hardware wasn't included. Took them 4.5 months to send the wrong hardware kit. And now they claim to have sent the correct one and won't take back the bed. I've been sleeping on the floor all that time surrounded by bed pieces. Sent endless amounts of emails and made weekly phone calls. Don't ever buy here!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2014

I ordered some bedding for my kids and I was told 15-20 days. This was 7th January 2014. I'm still waiting!!
The phone numbers do not work. Message bank is overloaded. Try calling their sales line, that's when they answer!
They are telling me mid April for my delivery. I asked for a refund and am now waiting for this to happen. Very unhappy. Avoid!! For an Australian company you would assume they make everything here? The amount of time I've been waiting, you'd think they are arriving from Jupiter!! Terrible. Absolutely disgusted.

Abysmisal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2014

Avoid at all costs! I tried to track my order online through the website but it was never updated. The phone number advertised never answers, I only attempted to contact them after my order was not received within the advised time frame. When you do get through they are argumentative and leave you with no confidence in their ability to deliver. To add to the issue the deliver company used were terrible, they didn't deliver the first day they said they were going to and did not communicate with me. I finally received the goods on the second day after 9pm and after I had chased the company throughout the day. The delivery people refused to assist me to get the items up the stairs. To add insult to injury they item delivered was a queen size not the king size I ordered and paid for, A ethical company would have queried the order. They may be cheap but there is no service. Save yourself the stress and buy elsewhere

- Service, communication, delivery