Filter By:

• 9 questions
  • 12 answers
  • 85 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Horrendus. Don't seliver what they promise, then customer service is unbeleivably bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

They suck you in by offering a premium service at a mid-range price. Unfortunately they don't deliver.
Took forever to get hooked up, and through the whole process MyRepublic were no help whatsoever.
We paid for 100M, but have never got a line speed above 50, and actually only about 35.

The latency is appalling. Apparently everything runs through Melbourne, so local pings are astronomical.
They make all these claims about being great for gaming, but unless you and all your friends live in Melbourne, forget it.

Tech support, apart from being useless, is only available during Melbourne business hours. Wonderful, since their network drops out every evening.
Doesn't really matter, since their entirety of tech support consists of cycling the modem, and then "escalating" which is code for doing nothing. Have had multiple escalations and not once received a follow up.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good when works, bad when don't work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I signed up for myrepublic because the speed is fast with my home hfc nbn.
I then referred my friend's business signed up myrepublic fiber to node vdsl connection.
myrepublic is fast with order processing and internet speed.
however, myrepublic is TERRIBLE with support response. My friend's business connection was very fast at the start - modem dsl info shows 90+ / 30+ for both DS & US. After 2 month, our line started to have drop out issues, and then our internet start to have issues such as cannot load webpages (speedtest is fine) so we had to switch to optus 4g wireless for the timebeing.

We've waited for 2 weeks now (still waiting) for resolution.

I regret to refer my friend to myrepublic business because I would expect as business customer we would get excellent resolution response but looks like I'm wrong.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

100 Mbps Gamer Package, with 5 Mbps connection and 1000+ ping in Games!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

My connection has been reliably bad, for 4 months. I have been complaining about speeds below 10 Mbps in fact most often below 5 Mbps, when I pay for a 100 Mbps account. The first complaint was about 1 or 2 weeks after the connection was activated.

I also paid for the gamer package, but most games are unplayable with 1000+ latency, even though I paid an additional charge for an upgrade to their "Halo" router. The Halo router they supplied is faulty, and after months of complaints about the slow connection which is a result of the faulty router, I have still been unable to get a replacement.

When asked about the replacement recently, I was told by two staff members that the router had been dispatched, but there was no tracking number yet because Australia Post had not assigned one. However just yesterday I received an email saying further information was needed to proceed, so obviously the router had not been sent as the other staff members had said or otherwise they would not be asking for more information to continue.

In short, faulty equipment with a lack of a replacement, slow connection speeds which they continue to charge top price for even though they are 1/4 of my old ADSL connection with my place having Fibre to the Premises, and staff that lie to customers when asked direct questions.

I can only give the following recommendation: Avoid like the plague!!!!!!!

Newcastle

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Unreliable, irresponsible, inefficient

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Going to contact telecommunications ombudsman to save myself of unexpected huge illegal bills I am getting from them. when you contact, you only get a ticket number but no action!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Horrible experience. Lied to on the phone about the progress of my order. Then left dry.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I signed up with MR four days ago, seeing as my house has all the NBN technology needed to connect - I figured they'd review my order, send the modem or something within those four days even though the specified period for connection is 5 - 20 days. It was the simplest form of possible connection, it should have moved from "Order Submitted"... Easy right? Apparently not.

The first call had me connected to [name removed], I asked why my order hadn't changed or moved from the first step in four days. To which [name removed] informed me that it was out of My Republic's hands as he told me they'd sent a request of sorts to NBN and that they were waiting on NBN and can't do anything. Confused, I told him I didn't believe him and wanted a reference number and phone number for NBN to check with them, so I did and fair enough they hadn't contacted NBN regarding anything!! I was lied to, blatantly.
So I call back and immediately ask for someone in charge, I get [name removed].
[name removed] confirms the fact I was lied to by [name removed], however he also tries to cover for [name removed] and tells me there's nothing they can do. Then all of a sudden he tells me that my order has progressed and that they've sent the modem out. I pressure him some more and he finally folds and tells me that I was lied to and that getting my order to the next step wasn't related to my complaint but had happened in the last 23 minutes. I pressure some more and he informs me that, yes he was trying to cover for his employee and that yes I was mislead into thinking they were doing all they could to provide the service I've paid for.

In summary:
- Order not looked at since order was submitted four days ago.
- I was lied to and told it was NBNs fault, that they'd already put it in their hands.
- NBN was super helpful and ratted them out, having received nothing.
- I confront MR about lying to a customer, which they confirmed.
- They lied again, telling me the order was always progressing forward.
- Only to finally crumble, tell me they'd only looked at the order when I called the first time and had spent the last hour covering it up.
- Finally, even admitting to lying to a customer, they told me I won't be receiving any compensation and that they have no obligation to tell me the truth until the service is actually live and connected. Basically saying they have no contractual obligation to provide compensation even though I've engaged in upfront payment for my modern.
- They lied about my order status and blamed NBN, then lied about their own mistakes before owning up and deciding to tell me they can't compensate me for lying to me and delaying my service or for giving me a false impression of my order status.
Safe to say they may have a good service but all reviews on the connection process are out of this world bad.
Probably best to stay away from MR.
Order reference with MR - WCDRMEJ
The reference number for the call with [name removed], the manager of the MR call centre is - 103 5021
The reference number for the call with the NBN is - 0432 1958, where she confirms they lied.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Jake F, this is definitely not the journey we want our customers to take! Please check your inbox, we would love to help.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

not interested in retaining customers

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

as an existing MyRepublic customer they wanted to charge me an extra $15/mth to maintain my existing nbn100 service, that's right - an extra $15/mth for no additional benefit. I could switch to nbn50 but being an existing customer that plan was $8/mth more expensive for me than if I were a 'new to MyRepublic' customer. eventually I got the nbn50 plan at the same rate as a 'new to MyRepublic' customer but it took me 3 weeks of communication. all-in-all I've been shafted, but hey - that's just how companies treat their customers and as the customer we're just supposed to take that as acceptable.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi DanG, we don't want you to feel this way. We value our customers. We have already explained in the email why we need to up our prices. Despite this price increase, we are still the most competit... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Rip-offs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Been with My Republic for 3 year on the same price plan. It should have been a rolling contract !! But My Republic decides to change my plan ! To a lower speed and charge me more money!! That 3 year of loyalty does for you !! at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Des, when we entered the market we declared it our mission to offer the fastest speeds and unlimited data at fair prices like our customers in Singapore, New Zealand and Indonesia enjoy. We have... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Internet is Ok it is normal.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Im service tech, technology is not perfect. Internet working. Install was on time. Last two years is ok, compare to adsl is perfect. But because is NOD not fibre is far away from perfect normal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi there Kmroz, we are absolutely thrilled to read your 5 star review and hear that everything is going to plan. If you ever see anything that we can improve as an ISP, then please let us know.

Very Disappointed since my previous review in May 2018

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Today I have no internet. Rang Technical Support put on hold. After 5-6 minutes, on hold music stopped and cut off. This happened another twice. Finally pressed another button other than Tech Support and spoke to operator who transferred me to Tech Support and the same thing happened again! It took over 1 hour and 20 minutes to organise NBN tech to call tomorrow at house. Not good enough, My Republic. I did not have internet for Live Chat. The last operator I spoke with, [name removed], was excellent....helpful, professional and stayed on the line until he organised someone from Tech Support to talk to me. Thank you, [name removed]. It should not take this long to access Tech Support. My speeds aren’t great anymore....sometimes I cannot watch a movie. I’m seriously considering changing provider.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Julie, we regret to hear about your poor experience with our support staff so far. We would like to address any issues you are experiencing with your speeds and resolve them immediately. We have... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Hopeless and slow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Tried to join MyRepublic after my last ISP went out of business. After a week they had not shipped modem or progressed my connection past Prospective. After number of calls and chats they said it could take a further 14 business days and was blaming NBNco, even though I had been on NBN only a week earlier. I cancelled order went to another ISP and had modem within 2 days and was activated that same day. Don’t use MyRepublic as plenty of others offering similar price but much better service

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi MrGrumpy, often in times, the delay does occur due to nbn. nbn is currently our wholesaler who we need to liaise with to have our customers connected to their service. Very few of the larger ISP... read more »

I ended up signing with a different ISP on the Monday after waiting more than a week and then being told that it still will take another 5-10 business days and blaming NBNco. Well to my enjoyment t... read more »

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Reliable and arrived on time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Connection is good . No dropouts experienced so far. No issues with the service yet .
Happy with the service as of now and no complains whatsoever.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Thank you so much for the 5 star review Filemon! we always strive to provide our amazing customers with the best service possible and are glad to hear you are having a great experience with us so f... read more »

No internet for 2 days now

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

The tech support has been helpful but the wholesaler keeps saying that my network is fine how can that be? I don’t have internet for 2 days now. And internet drop
out has been an ongoing scenario for 3 weeks.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Deanna, your situation doesn't sound right as there appears to be some sort of miscommunication happening. We would love to investigate this matter further and provide some assistance from one o... read more »

Could be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Somewhat reliable. Dropouts happen more often than average.
Yes. We were without Internet 4 days but eventually it was resolved. The other issue was unexpected price increase.
It's more expensive service now that TPG, for example. Thinkinh now about moving to other ISP.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Len, thanks for your review. It is wonderful to know that your service issues were resolved within a timely manner! Although I prices have recently changed to meet the demand of our wholesalers ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Connect NBN Painless

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

No. All going well. A bit slower than I expected but reliable so far.

WI FI coverage in the house no better than ADSL

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Steve, it sure is a great feeling to know that all is going well with your service however, we would like to investigate your speeds and the wifi coverage in order to take your service to the ne... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Shocking service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Terrible company to deal with, dont answer phone calls, emails or messages, didn't have correct bank details and wouldn't let me change it then tried to charge excessive amounts for poor service which I couldn't even cancel! Never ever again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi GHM, this is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have with our company. We have sent you a personal message in order to rectify this matter for you immediately, Kindly check your inbox.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Fast service, great communication, no fuss at all, very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Fast service, great communication, no fuss at all, very happy customer, would highly recommend to my friends and family.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Thanks for the awesome review Miki! we always love to hear positive feedback from our valued customers. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require assistance or are just up for a chat.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great when it works, Pain to get fixed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

When first signing to MyRepublic it took over a month to get connected, once I was finally connected everything was fine for the first few months but then I started to experience issues. Issues included disconnecting, dropouts, and slow speeds. It was also discovered that the modem they provide caused the issue with the speeds. Aside from the issues with connectivity the customer service can be good. The only problem was getting a hold of the customer service. If you can persevere with wait times of an hour and above, to not getting replies to the emails you send, they can fix your issues relatively quickly. The easiest way to get a quick reply was to go through their online chat system. They have the potential to be a great ISP, they just need to work on their customer service side of things.
At this point in time I'd suggest signing to MyRepublic at your own risk.
(I have been with MyRepublic for a year)

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Tristan, we have been striving hard to address the long wait time over the phone. We have been hiring and training more staff to ensure that there are enough people to assist our customers and r... read more »

Brisbane

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Amazing speed over NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I’ve been with my republic over a six months now and I’m really happy with speed and affordable plan. Thanks for making our life better.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Rick, we want our customers to have a more convenient life and we are so ecstatic to know that you are getting an amazing internet connection from us. We will continue in doing our best to even ... read more »

MyRepublic has no idea

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I was meant to be connected just over a week after calling, now over a month and i still have nothing. They changed the appointments without letting us know, then when the "nbn team" needed more info they would forget to make new appointments. I would wait a week after every date thinking "any day now" but i would call up, be on hold for over an hour without speaking to anyone, take the "call back" option and NEVER get called back on both occasions. So I would send an email and NEVER get a reply. The only support option that works is the "live chat" function on the website. Then I would be told "ok we have made your next appointment in 2 weeks", awesome i have to wait another 2 weeks since YOU forgot to communicate with the nbn team. MyRepublic has the worst support and communication of any ISP by far. Lazy is one way of putting it. Im currently waiting to hear their next excuse as to why I wont be connected on my connection date in 2 days. Kinda wish i went with "iinet" or "internode" (i will be canceling if MyMrepublic "forgets" this next appointment like the last)

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Barnaby, we want to connect our customers immediately. Our connection timeframe can take up to 20 business days depending on the works needed or there is a network shortfall encountered. We want... read more »

Ravenswood

• 2 comments
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Completely disgusted by their callousness

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I have been with myRepublic now for over a year. I changed from Westnet because myRepublic offered a higher download speed and was told by a few of my friends how good myRepublic was. Wonderful for a year and I had no reason to complain, however, imagine how I felt when I was told by myRepublic that they were dropping my speed to half and if i wanted to stay on the higher plan it would cost me another $20. This is malpractice on the highest scale and I am not very happy. I signed on for 100/40 plus phone for $69.99 so should stay on that scale. I will stay for a while with them as their service department is very helpful and they speak so that you can understand them, but myRepublic you are not in a few friends good books.

Comments
MyRepublic Official

Hi Pykee, we regret to hear about what your review. We care for our customers and we have explained in our email why there is a need to change your price plan. We still appreciate you for staying w... read more »

1 of 111 pages

Is this has good speed 50mbps at all time and phone connection. Is this worth to sign up with this for $62 per month with 12 month contract. Please guys give me any ideas!!!!!

Minidu asked on Nov 14, 2018

Answer this

I have no idea, they can't connect me

No!! Look at the reviews and all the problems everyone is having with customer service!!! If they connected the nbn, and didint have so many drop outs, faults- maybe you could get by without so much customer service. But when you can’t even get it connected, no one is there to answer queries, no call back- I even escalated the problem for management and still over a week later, no response at all! They direct debit your credit card regardless though. And there’s nothing you can do about it because no one is there to answer calls!

is there any customer service at all for exciting customers. They never pick up phone call

I have Internet, but my VoIP phones are not working! Any ideas?

Mim44 asked on Nov 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Mim44, we will need to check on your VoIP connection to determine what is the issue. Please hop on our Live Chat support on the website for live troubleshooting of your home phone services. Thanks!

I was all ready to sign up to a My Republic 12-months bundle plan, the last part required me to accept a waiver of the customer service guarantee (CSG). Whilst it stated this was optional, I am unable to proceed unless I accept. Has anyone else experienced this and is it legit?

NickDorch asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

Now that sounds dodgy as anything! But would explain all the complaints about lack of customer service. And don’t worry- they’re quick to bill you and charge your credit card, but can take weeks to answer a query on your account (or in my case, a cancellation during the cooling off period when I wasn’t happy with their service). Bad! Stay away!!!

This sounds strange- the only company that provides CSG is Telstra, no one else does, so I can't imagine that my republic used to offer it then changed?

Hi NickDorch, the customer service guarantee waiver is part of processing the order. It is optional in the sense that you don't have to agree. However, if the customer doesn't agree, we reserve the right not to provide the service. Please hop on our Live Chat support on the website for further inquiries about our service. Thanks!