Security Tags

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Once again I have returned home from a shopping trip to Myers to find that they have left the security tag on the clothing. It is so frustrating especially since I specifically mentioned to the sales assistant to check that the security tags are all removed. This is not the first time, but each and every time I shop at Myers for clothing. Now I have to waste my time to trek back to the city store to ask them to remove the tag. Not a happy customer - don't think that I can go back shopping at Myers again. I'm done.

Non existent stock available to purchase

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Ordered an item from Myer Inline, order was filled, money taken. 8 days later I received an email stating that the order was cancelled.

It's 2017, online shopping should have live stock levels. It's not hard.

Myer stores competetiveness in the market place

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I am a Myer customer and believe that Myer stores are great. It is sad to hear news reports that Myer stores are struggling to get people through their doors at one of the busiest trading periods of the year. I visited the Geelong Myer store today, plenty of staff, very few customers. I just wonder if the Management at Myer are aware of Myer competitiveness in the market place. On just two examples of men's aftershave! one item was $100.00 dearer than the competitor and the other was $30.00 dearer, need I say that Myer stores are uncompetitive across the board. To be competitive in the market place is the major key to a successful business which will ensure continuous growth and a profitable organisation.

There might be many reasons on this uncompetitive situation within the Myer group however the reality is that unless Myer Management turn this situation around Myer stores will continue on a downward trend. Myer wake up walk the talk and take action.

Looking forward to a prosperous Myer in the new year.

Loyal Customer.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Worst online shopping experience ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

1. Only tells you that an item is out of stock when you’ve been charged.
2. Takes payment for the items and then cancel the order and doesn’t notify you
3. Has a survey pop up before the end of the transaction checkout and before you can create an account and then closes the transaction meaning that you can’t create an account.
4. Their phone support team are just RUDE - talk about attitude!
5. They do not look for ways to help the customer, they are so focused on the process and telling you they understand that you’re upset.
6. There is no one to take the complaint to.

I’m a regular online shopper but give Myer a wide berth generally. Their stores never have the item you want in stock and on the rare occasion they do, there are no staff to serve you so you can pay for it! Don’t even think about trying to ask someone for help or information!!
Anyway, i needed a gift for Christmas for a family member and as i was organising this on behalf of another family member i was asked to get it online through Myer so they could use their rewards card. They were calling me from a Myer store as (surprise!) the store had no stock!!

Never have I had such an appalling experience. I have now been charged twice for the items and hoping for a refund on the canceled order - currently nearly $1000 out of pocket.

I asked to speak to a manager to lodge a formal complaint and was told that there was no one above the ‘supervisor’ that I could speak to. Their online team and just as badly trained as their staff in store, or possibly they are worse. I’ve never had the attitude in person that I was given by their call centre operator. Appalling. No wonder their business is struggling.

Private message

terrible - no delivery and no update or service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

bought online - took money and no delivery, no service and had to chase chase chase....
waited on crappy customer service line ( at my expense for over an hour) with crappy music.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Awful awful awful - just why are they so bad?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Te Myer ONLINE shopping experience is just awful. Each time has been horrendous - I vow this is the last time I will shop with them online. The web interface is buggy and doesn't search properly, doesn't allow you to update delivery addresses easily either. I have called their customer service helpline to assist - and they are pretty useless too.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Disappointed in Myer. Will never shop online with you again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

I made a purchase online for some designer sunglasses expecting it to come from sunglasses hut as it was stated on the myer website. Instead of coming from sunglasses hut in Australia, it's coming from China? Really? I didnt pay for some crap overseas! Atleast tell your customers where it's coming from before they make the purchase! Waste of my time ans money for a product from overseas! Will be getting my money back! So disappointed!

Newtown

• 2 helpful votes

Postage from China or???

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I bought some items online from Myer for my girlfriends birthday and expected delivery time was a week. 3 weeks later and the item still hasn't arrived. The quality of some of the items weren't great either... would avoid from now on. Not so cheap and can't imagine what the customer service would be like...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Paid for but didn’t receive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Ordered a Christmas tree I paid $369 and they took my money and didn’t process my order called up and they were totally useless, just told me I have to wait and see if it processes.

Good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I bought shoes online sales they were slim fit went to Knox shopping centre and exchnaged them , staff were friendly and done the returns in few minutes .I will order again from Myer because of the good sale and good quality

Still waiting for Click and Collect confirmation email

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Myer is now desperately playing catchup game in terms of customer experience and all things in terms of running a business. What's the point of Click and Collect if my order was placed before midday and 48+ hours later I still have not heard back that I can come pick it up. Payment already hit my credit card. Unable to get through on the Customer Service phone number or any phone number on their website. Had a rotten experience with online a few years ago and gave them another chance. Customers are better off going to their bricks & mortar stores or shop somewhere else.

CANBERRA

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

No wonder Myer shares are going downhill!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

I have just wasted over an hour of my life trying to order some Chanel perfume online. I was wishing to purchase expensive Coco Chanel eau de parfum as there was a sale on that was ending at midnight to get 10% off. After a lot of searching under fragrances (they can't even get that right, as I couldn't find it under "C") I found it and the discount came up, all good, until I get to the check out. My particular choice comes with a free ivory giftbox (which I didn't really care about) and free delivery, but it wouldn't go through the checkout, it kept showing the ivory gift box as a separate item, with a note underneath saying not available for standard delivery, so I thought is this a catch that I have to pay for a different delivery and so reduce my discount. So I decided to ring up, after waiting 20 minutes, finally spoke to someone. She said because there was a new offer coming out the next day offering a free candle to purchases over $200.00, which I had seen and thought I was eligible for, (nowhere online did it say the offer was starting tomorrow) but she informed me that they were probably updating the website to attach this candle to purchases over $200.00 and that's why I couldn't complete my purchase. So I said "so they are updating the website for something that's happening tomorrow and stopping me from making a purchase and getting my 10% discount tonight, how ridiculous. She offered to try and put the order through for me but also could not. I mean really Myer are you trying to make money or lose it, just curious? As a share holder, yes I was stupid enough to buy some shares when they were first floated, some years ago and all they've done is go down steadily ever since. Anyway I digress, so after politely expressing my displeasure to the person on the phone, who apologised, but couldn't come up with any solutions, I hung up and almost on principal was going to buy it from D.J.'s at full price, but the miserly part of me wanted the discount, so I ordered the eau de toilette instead, I've had it before and it is quite potent) that didn't come with the fancy gift box and as it was under $200 wasn't affected by the website update. So well done Myer you get a sale worth $50.00 less than what I was willing to spend and a peed off customer who is now venting her spleen to the wider cyber world. I would have complained on their website, but even that is incompetent, they only want to know about your experiences in store, there was no option to show displeasure about their website. Reading all these other reviews I can see why they don't supply the means to complain on their website. Anyway bye for now.

Perth

• 1 comment

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

What poor customer service. I had $400 of toys in my cart online, at discounted sale prices. Unfortunately...as the sale was up 12 eastern time, when I went to pay, the prices had reverted back to full price...my issue I know, it's a hard life living in Perth.

Contacted customer services to see if they could do anything, but was bluntly told no. I informed them of the value, which would be going to another shop...they didn't care (their loss). I asked to speak to the duty manager...and was told "she will say the same thing I said"..but she was busy, but she will call me back....hmmmm still waiting for the call.

Unlucky Myers....no wonder your company is looking for a makeover...start with your customer services dept...no customers means no cash flow which means no company....simple economics

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

No customer service at all, was rude as hell

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Hi, I would like to make a formal complaint of the manager (his name [name removed]) at level 3 at Myer Knox. He refused to reprint a receipt even though I got the details amount, register number and time of purchase, he is not willing to provide any customer service. As a result I have decided to never shop at Myer and will tell friends and family never to shop at Myer..

SHENTON PARK, WA

Very Poor online ordering system! Do not buy online from Myer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

I placed an order online during the black friday sales. Waited for one week no confirmation email has been received then I rang them up. And you know what I get from them? Apparently my order did not go through and it does not even exist now yet my credit card has gone through as a partial payment on top of my $50 gift card. Well - I kind of understood if its a system error so I accepted a refund to be arranged. But you know what after 1 week partial refund has gone back to my card but still waiting for my $50 egift card to be sent to my email. Rang Myer hotline second time, the technician has promised to look into that for me and give me a call back after he checked with Finance Department. But AGAIN- no phone call has been received despite I gave them both my work number and mobile number! Very disappointing and wonder what sort of customer service they provide by such a big department store. Seriously so I had to call them the third time just to get my money back on a gift card. Now still waiting for the egift card to arrive because there had been a freaking delay ! Now my money of Myer gift card is on hold and I am super duper not happy with this! go shop elsewhere better!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Quick Delivery and Afterpay is Genius!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I buy Marshallow More perfume like it is going out of fashion...I've started buying it from Myer online, and also have bought some toys for my kids through Myer for Christmas. Everything has arrived super quickly, in perfect condition. I will be buying my perfume, that i go through one or two bottles a month!! I will be buying it from now only exclusively through Myer. In the last month or two since beginning my online shopping with them, they have had lots of deals on the Mor range. Instead of $70 a bottle, I have gotten my perfume for around $45 a bottle each time. They have some fantastic sales that once you've purchased online through them, they send you details of the online sales via email. I can't fault them, I'm overjoyed at finding my perfume and getting them cheaper through Myer!! The option of paying through Afterpay with Myer is genius too!! I love it!!

Adelaide

Shopping at MYER TTP

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Hi have spent some time at Myer Christmas shopping recently no issues with service but was frustrated that on Saturday during the 30 percent discount sale escalators were not working this happens fairly often needs attention

Simple on line ordering

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Very easy to order online with quick postage
Easy click and collect when item is available in store and received notification through email when item was ready to be picked up

The worst ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Lost parcel, and they are uncontactable. The given number for more Myre online is Australia Post, who don’t have access to particulars and their customer service number gets you the domestic violence hotline. I spent several hundred dollars and have no way of collecting the goods or getting my money back!

Verified Customer

online shopping is a breeze, fast standard shipping!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

With Myer you can expect luxury and high quality. While they have a big range of items (from home appliances to fashion to beauty) there isn't a huge price range as everything is more expensive. I used their online shopping and browsed the clearance sales which i was quite pleasantly surprised with. They had great sales for Cyber Monday after Black Friday. Checkout and payment was super straightforward and easy. Im expecting my shipment to arrive the next day, which is very fast and definitely not something I'm going to complain about!

1 of 31 pages