User friendly program

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Like any oither accounting software program, MYOB has its limitations, but is still a very user friendly program to use

Bxxa should be Employee of the Month!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

3rd time caller to MYOB phone help. (Bxxa) was able to get my MYOB 14.2 (a very old version) migrated onto the new AR platform. Others tried but failed.
Her gentle, patience & persistence succeeded!
Well done Bxxa (you know who you are)!

Needs to improve procedures and handling clients money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Needs to improve procedures and handling clients money the idea behind the system is fantastic the implementation and procedures terrible

Not so good now

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Had been waiting on file to be finalised but all good so far except links to Essentials do not seem to work ... Update: Got file uploaded but found a couple of disturbing things. If GST is out by a cent or two for rounding, you can't change the GST component to match the supplier's invoice. Therefore you have to put an adjustment in to adjust the GST and then another adjustment without GST to readjust the invoice. The second thing that was time-wasting was that if you go back to a payroll run before giving the final okay, the ordinary hours keep resetting on the ones already processed, so it seems you're forced to reenter the majority of the payroll run...

So, not so happy now ... still deciding whether there is something better out there for online accounting packages.

Ok for some.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I used Quicken in my small business for some years before undergoing a course in MYOB. In a small business, MYOB would be too difficult to use compared to Quicken, unless you really need things like stock control. Perhaps I was a little set in my ways, but I found MYOB overkill.

Very poor customer service, don't waste your money on this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Even though my product was over $500 for a desktop version. The customer service operator told me there is no assistance available for me unless I am an 'online user'. She also told me if I need to re-download MYOB with my particular serial no. it will cost me $100. I can't even use this product and have never been able to use it since it was loaded onto my computer; it doesn't integrate with my other software which I purchased it for. What a waste of money. I will be trying the opposition's product now, as this is very very poor and MYOB should take notice of these comments. And in addition, I agree with other comments posted in November 2017, very long time to get through. Save your money people.

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi Aust_mandie, Sorry to hear of your frustrations. When you purchase a product from MYOB or a retailer, depending on the licence, you would receive a period of introductory support. This is to aid... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Poor Customer Service and too much crashing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

There needs to be an online manual so you can look up how to do things. I have no idea how to look things up and when I type in MYOB support I get a customer chat room (I guess they hope you can get help from other customers) but there should be assistance from MYOB direct. If you have the time to sit and wait on hold for 30+ minutes, you can try and call through. A simple manual would be helpful. Also, the program crashed twice in 10 minutes. Once before I did the 2017.2 update and then again afterwards. So frustrating and slow.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Western Australia

• 1 helpful vote

Poor technical support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Call back system to avoid long wait times (great) but when call back came, technician (sounded like from India) just said he had to transfer me and I had a long wait anyway. Next support tech took my problem details again then put me on hold for 20 minutes and came back to say "what error message were you getting?" No error message was ever mentioned and there was none occurring. I asked what he'd been doing for 20 minutes and he said "trying to recreate your problem". He obviously hadn't listened to what the problem was. He then said he'd have to send me a link to Team Viewer to download. An hour spent to that time, so just gave up. Will get someone local to sort it out and keep paying for a subscription that's supposed to include technical support!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi Tracey, we're very sorry that your recent experience with us has left you feeling this way. Would you please send us a private message with your account details so that I can arrange for a suppo... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Poor and slow customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

We arrived to work to find our MYOB account closed due to our subscription being cancelled. It took 3 phone calls for nearly two hours to resolve a MYOB generated issue. The subscription had been renewed but an error at MYOB had prevented the system to recognise that the renewal had been actioned.
At the initial call we were informed the service would be available before 9.00 am QLD time, this ended up being closer to 10.30 am and more phone calls.
Typically all of this happened on a weekly payroll day where 50+ employees pays had to be entered and processed. When we asked for compensation for the 3 hours of business time lost due to internal errors at MYOB we were laughed at - not very professional. We are still waiting for a manager to call us back to discuss this further - however MYOB have managed to follow up the call with a sales call about there other products.....
Disappointing service.

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi Ann Marie, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that this is definitely not the experience that we want for our customers. So we... read more »

Hi Suja I am new to this website and I cannot find how private messages are sent. Are you able to send a message to me which I can reply to?

problem with data entry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Danica did assist me with my problem allowing me to more fully use MYOB. However I need to speak to jer again to solve a new matter

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Customer service failing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

Im finding customer service failing to such a point that I find it an insult to their customers. Wait times of over an hour for phone support and issues not being fixed as promised. As a self employed person their costs are high but I was willing to except that for a good product. But now after 6 phone calls and a number of emails I find myself totally dissatisfied.

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi Ginnygin, I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your post and for the troubles you've had with receiving support. I hope the issue that you re referring to has since been resolved. If no... read more »

Hi Suva
Issue has now been resolved however the effort and time I had to put in was unacceptable. Customer service should be about service.

MYOB Official

Glad to know that the issue has since been resolved, Ginnygin. Apologies again for the inconvenience. Do let me know if there is anything else that we can help with. Regards, Suja

Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

The MYOB customer service I received on my last phone call was fantastic, the young lady I spoke to was extremely helpful and clear with the information I required. My problem was fixed in no time and it has been smooth sailing since then. Thank you Amylee you were awesome.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Watch for the MYOB when they hijack your system?????????

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

Today 27/10/2017 we could not log into our MYOB. we own and use V19.6.0 Premier and it was saying we need to reconfirm our link. When we went to do it, it then said we had to call MYOB. so I called our MYOB specialist and he said NO this is a scam from MYOB to up sell you to a monthly package deal as you can no longer own a MYOB system but only hire it.
He rang MYOB and they accepted it was a selling tool for them. So in effect they are hijacking you and then trying to convince you that your only option is to upgrade. Hmmmmmmm sounds like they have employed some wannacry
hackers for ideas.
please pass this on. very very very bad business pratice.

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi EffJay Lover, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We’re always looking at ways to encourage our AccountRight Classic clients to move to the online version. But ... read more »

Hello Suja, does MYOB offer compensation for the 3 days we were unable to use MYOB due to your company locking us out? this is very bad business. Yes we know only to well MYOB is trying to move eve... read more »

Super Service From Phone Help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

I am so thankful for the help the staff at MYOB gave me as I set up our new accounting system. I know I may have frustrated Yash helping me with all the questions and repeating instructions, but his patience and respect for me and my situation was awesome. He was such an encouragement and he guided me through every aspect of installing and merging old accounts. I really do appreciate the great service MYOB staff provided me and am sure others will also. Thank you, Yash, you did great man!

Appreciate working with MYOB

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I have used MYOB for many years and find it very professional and easy to use. I have used other programs and they do not compare. Thank you for all the big and little improvements that you make; they sure do make a difference in the every day processes. I appreciate the way MYOB is always getting better. Keep up the good work.

Verified Customer

Great accounting package

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I've worked with a few accounting packages and still prefer MYOB over the others. Sometimes accounting packages are a little too simplified, so when it comes to fixing complex problems or extracting out of the ordinary information, it can be quite difficult to do. MYOB is easy to use with the day to day entries, fixing bookkeeping errors and great for crunching numbers from different perspectives

MOVING TO MYOB ONLINE

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I have had a few issues with the changeover. MYOB staff have been very helpful, especially Nadia. She understood and rectified the problem without too much drama. Thank you Nadia

Marlborough, New Zealand

Very quick and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Thank you for helping me out when changing computers and re-loading MYOB on to the new computer without any additional costs like a lot of other programs. As a small business this means we are not reluctant to call and ask for help. The lady was very professional and helpful.....Thank you :-)

Awesome help!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Everything was sorted in no time at all, person who helped me was very professional and made changes that were needed.

Excellant Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

I recently experienced my hard drive crashing and had to have a new one installed. after my tech had transferred and downloaded all my programs, including MYOB, I had to contact MYOB as there were a few issues with my software. On contacting the technical department of MYOB they took over the complete task of upgrading and ensuring that it was working correctly. They even stayed on the line whilst i completed some tasks, ie paying super, until they were 100% sure that all was well. Many thanks to the Tech who help me.

1 of 78 pages

How legal is it for MYOB to lock my company file to read only by stopping company verification, to for me to upgrade to the lastest rubbish version ?

leibhold asked on Oct 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi leibhold, I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your query. I'm sorry also to hear that you're having trouble with accessing your file. So I can arrange for one of our team members to help you with your file, would you please send us a private message with your account details? Regards, Suja

Re: Reconciliation July, I have checked off every entry on my bank statement with the reconcile file the credits are right the debits are coming up -$63 even though every transaction matches. I have been over it heaps and can't find the reason. Any help?

myobing asked on Jul 06, 2017

I am having a problem restoring a file. Any help?

judy asked on Jun 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Judy I could, but I would need a little more information - like the version you are using, if you are using it on your desktop, on the cloud or with a server.

Hi Judy
Thanks for question and sorry to hear you are having troubles with restoring a file. Our Help Article: Restoring your company file ( http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/LYFW) should be able to assist with restoring a company file.

If you continue to have trouble I would encourage you to post on the MYOB Community Forum ( http://community.myob.com/ ) I’m sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.
Regards, Steven