Verified Customer

Perfection - great products, great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I have been a member for years now. I deplore commentary with sensational, hurtful ,headlines. YES, Naked wines charge $40/month to your card, which compounds. Order every 3 months and whatever the total is, deduct $120, because you have already paid. This is stated clearly when you sign up. The wines available are from smaller boutique wineries ( and some not small) the quality varies ( as you would expect), but this is governed by your ;personal taste & budget. The 'add ons', like a fantastic Gin, fabulous Apple Cider, first rate lagers, each of which is created by a supplier to Naked wines, who has been given the opportunity to market an idea, a fantasy, other than standard, run of the mill, wine types available at any liquor outlet. If your hurtful comments( and I have read a few) are based upon 'something for nothing' you missed the boat badly....you were given an opportunity toi become a member of an appreciative family of wine lovers, based upon the negative comments on this site, the 'family' is far better off without people who just want something for next to nothing!

do not use them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

These people are a scam. I ordered some wine online 17 days ago and paid the agreed amount. I waited for the wine to arrive. It didn't. I rang and asked and was told it would be there. It wasn't. I rang again. I have had 5 days of waiting at home & ringing for this mysterious wine to arrive and it still hasn't arrived. I rang and asked again. I asked for my money back and they told me it would take a further 5 days - so they wanted to keep my money for 4 weeks in total!!!!!. I have also contacted consumer affairs. Do not use these people. They are hopeless.

Melbourne

• 3 comments

Their business model is Scam People

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

They subscribe you without your consent and charge you monthly. This is the basis of their business model - to scam you into a subscription you didn't want. They're essentially a criminal enterprise.

• 1 helpful vote

Unauthorised Transactions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

They start charging your card with out your authorisation with no record of it on your account or email notification. Seems like if this is the type of behaviour your company deems acceptable then I wouldn't do business with them. Don't trust them.

Deceptive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I was given a $100 wine voucher, tried to order case of 12 but once at checkout this was sold out. I then tried to order other wines and charged full price and never applied the discount vocuher of $100, I wont bother. This is deceptive as far as I am concerned, not impressed :(

Leichhardt

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
Private message

Will draw you in with a tempting voucher, then keep on charging “membership” on your card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Be very careful of on going charges, the business model seems to be to give away vouchers all over the place, without you realise it 5hat you’ve actually signed up for ongoing membership fees.

• 1 question
  • 12 helpful votes

Deceptive Practice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Unlike Virgin wines which give you an honest introductory box for the value of a voucher, naked wines proceed to deduct your account 40 dollars a month in some sort of crappy membership scheme for their crappy wine.

Amazon are throwing in the vouchers when they send you a parcel.

Avoid Naked Wines.....none of their wines on offer are worth an opaque 40 dollars a month membership scheme.

Brisbane

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers

Verified Customer

Waste of time, zero customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I never would have shopped with them if not for the voucher I received. Then the hassle began:
1. The voucher they sent never worked.
2. I call them about the voucher. They said I could cancel the order if I wished. I asked them to cancel the order over the phone.
3. They emailed me after the phone call to ask again if I wanted to cancel the order. Before I could even respond (same day, within a couple of hours from the email on a work day), they sent me an email to say the order had been shipped.
4. I called to ask why it had been shipped despite 2 attempts to cancel it. They said it got shipped too fast. But once delivered, they can arrange to have it picked up and a refund will be processed.
5. I call this morning, again was promised the order would be picked up.
6. I just received a phone call to say they can't come and pick it up. I must now make my way to the post office, with a heavy box of wine I didn't want and pay for the postage. They will reimburse the postage after.

If I need to make it to a post office and stand in line during Christmas, then that defeats the purpose of online shopping. Avoid them, their distribution network is a mess, their customer service is non-existent. And don't fall for their voucher scam. Honestly, the worst online buying experience from a 'reputable' website. Don't over promise (about picking up a mistaken order) and under deliver (in reality, you are asking me to fork out more money for a order I asked to be cancelled).

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

After much correspondence, a really helpful representative of the company got in contact and was kind, professional and helpful. Her cooperation has helped mitigate a lot of the damage previously c... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Crap Wine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Don't buy the mixed dozen with the $100 discount. It's all horrible, cheap wine with no substance or endearing qualities.

Adelaide

Deceptive.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

you will inevitably receive a voucher for naked wines when you purchase tickets or something online. this will entitle you, according to all narratives on the voucher and website, 1 case of wine valued at $160 for $60. Fine.

I took the deal, but you will get signed up to a monthly subscription of $40 for ONE bottle of wine per month.

A quick search of google shows that people have been complaining about this since 2013, and that Naked Wines have not done anything to be more transparent in that time. this leads me to believe that they are relying on the fact that their marketing is deceptive.

0/10 Will not buy again.

Naked Wines still making FALSE PROMISES

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

My earlier review stated how naked wines charged my card twice for one order, with different discounts. I receive an email stating I will only be charged once. The following day I contact the company to confirm double charging and am promised a credit. Still waiting for the credit to my card.
Charged twice and only one box arrives today, with the label showing one of 1, when I ordered two boxes and was charged for two boxes twice. Total charges of $269.94 to my card, with an alleged credit coming of $159.97. Allowing for my voucher of $100.00, I have been charged $209.97 for a case of mixed wines. This is not an honest deal.
I phoned again to speak with a senior staff member to resolve this saga. I am offered a call back as I was offered on Tuesday. Still waiting.

Be very careful dealing with Naked Wines. Rip offs are almost impossible to resolve.

Dennis

Sydney

Private message

Shouldn't promise next day delivery!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Naked Wines used to be great. My last order was a terrible experience. I placed the order Tues 20th prior to 2pm expecting it the next day. I didn't get it until Mon 26th. The staff at Naked were great but the courier (Fastway) was terrible! No update from them to either me or Naked Wines. I was just waiting for someone from the courier to provide an update. The Staff at Naked couldn't get hold of any of the drivers or managers. It was like they were at the couriers peril! No explanation from the courier why it was late. Even Naked didn't know why. Will ship elsewhere for my wines.

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Honestly surprised about all the reviews I'm reading about being debited without the person's consent... The minute I clicked through and bought my first wines from Naked Wines I knew EXACTLY what I was signing up for and if for some reason I didn't like the wines I knew I could easily cancel my subscription...
Safe to say I love the wines! And so do all our house guests :)

Get over it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

There are obviously a lot of very naive people out there thinking you can get $100 of free wine!!! Its totally reasonable for them to request you buy 12 bottles at over $150, resulting in a cost of $50 for 12 bottles - still pretty damned cheap!!
The $40 per month is pretty clear as well. We live in an age where companies collect our data to grow their business - so there is always a 'catch'. Don't be so f*cking stupid.
I haven't used NW yet, but my colleagues have and I've tried the wines on offer - so I'll give it a go. I've done my research before just expecting $100 of 'free' wine.

Misleading and poor value

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Received a $100 off voucher to spend on wine from this company. However, it does not specify on the voucher that you must buy at least 12 bottles in order to use the voucher. So you end up paying over $100 to get the $100 off your purchase. They also try to push you for a subscription to pay $40 per month. I only wanted to get a few bottles as Christmas gifts, but apparently you can’t do that though this company as you must buy a minimum of 12 bottles. Gets pretty expensive! Unless you are a very regular wine drinker, having at least a bottle every week. It’s really not worth the spend.

• 4 helpful votes

Scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

They're new supposedly brilliant marketing ploy is to give people "$100 worth of free wine"! Sounds great, but when you go to buy it you need to purchase $150 to use the voucher. OK, fine, deceptive but I'll do it. But then - without any warning - you are giving your card details to be opted into a $40 a month subscription debit service!! Unbelievably evil. And quite frankly, if that's their ethics as a business, then it says alot about every aspect. How can you trust them? You can't. Clearly. The wine they get is garbage anyway (and I suspect skinned by themselves).

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Opted into Angel Program with Ongoing Debit without notice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

I am going to be writing in to the ACCC or ombudsman or whomever that governs these retailers. We got the voucher and used it with no intention of buying ever again. Apparently when we sign up, get automatically opted into this Angel program that debits $ 40.00 from your account monthly, but it's not evident when you sign up.
This money however, is left in your account for when you need to reorder or something to that effect and when you cancel the account, it is refunded. But HELLO, how do people know this if they don't know they've signed up for this? Also the voucher doesn't state anything about "Angel" program. More like the 'devil' program!

the other thing is that I couldn't unsubscribe by clicking on the link. I had to write in and even then they had problems unsubscribing me. What kind of a cowboy outfit is it?

I think it's very very wrong for customers to be opted into this or that when they sign up online. There is no transparency and this has gone on way too long. This is not the way to do business especially in this country! Be honest people! If you're honest, you needn't hide! Say it as it is.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Buyer Beware! Read the fine print if you can find it? Slugged $40 per month direct debit??

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

No problem with the wine, the more expensive bottles are a nice drop... It's the deceit with the conditions when you sign up with a credit card that I have a problem with. Thought I'd try out a case of wine and 2 months later realised they were deducting $40 per month! The monthly fee was never made known to me and I'm usually careful with purchasing online.

Simple really, If Naked Wines wants to become a prominent and reputable brand, either ditch the $40 per month fee, or make it more obvious that you're going to slug this fee when people join!

BTW, My first order was shipped with two different bottles that I did not order. Although they did send me out three replacements...They said its a packing mistake, but it appears to happen often... Makes me wonder!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Illawarra

• 1 comment
  • 12 answers
Private message

Didn’t even join after reading reviews!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

I too received a $100 voucher after buying a kitchen product from Catch of the Day through Everten. I almost joined up thinking Wow, $100 worth of wine with Christmas approaching! I studied the blue professional looking voucher closely thinking there must be a “catch”...quite humorous considering my original purchase was through Catch.com.au The voucher has zero information about a $40 monthly subscription which in my opinion is a totally dishonest promotional model similar to online scamming except by introduction through the Naked Wines voucher which then takes you online. It’s the same old story with everything these days...if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. I would prefer to help new winemakers directly...there must be a better way than this which I’m sure does more negative impact than good. I would even suggest contacting winemakers directly and see what they can do for you.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Don't listen to the bad reviews

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

We have been with Naked for 4 years, yes we received the $100 voucher and yes we became "angels" paying $40 per month. At the onset we were giving the choice of cancelling if we wished. The wines we purchase are of excellent quality (given the price). Many friends compliment the wines when we have get together etc. Delivery is always within 2 days. Give it a try and ignore the negativity. As they say there's no such thing as a free lunch!!

1 of 103 pages

How do I become an angle and how long does it take? i assume I will have to pay full price until I become an angle? Liz

Phil H asked on Dec 08, 2018

Answer this

I’m not the right person to ask. Suggest you contact the company directly. BTW even at angels prices it’s no bargain. Read the Ts & Cs very carefully, make sure it’s really what you want.

My suggestion is to take your money somewhere else

How do I cancel the $40/month withdrawals? I bought 12 bottles of wine as a one off, and don't wish to continue the donations. I would appreciate leaving this arrangement, as I did not realise you would be continually withdrawing money even though I have not bought any further wine. Regards, Anne Gray [email removed]

Hooty asked on Nov 29, 2018

Answer this

just call them to refund you. They're a SCAMMER. Hundreds of people got into this trap.

Try ringing them if not happy go to fair traveling

Thank you - I rang, cancelled and was refunded - very pleased with result

Hi NakedWines, I’ve noticed a fair number of complaints, centred around the $40 per month taken from our credit account. I want to take advantage of the $100 discount and purchase 12 bottles of wine. Respectfully, I do not want to be an Angle and or sign up to any billing arrangement. Am I able to use the $100 voucher without signing up to your $40 Angle program? Thank you for considering my questions. Kindest Regards, Anthony Breen [email removed]

Tony asked on Oct 12, 2018

Answer this

Hey Tony you can do that but you will have to request a cancellation of your membership. after you make the order. NW obviously doesn't want you to repeat this process so I suggest you become an angel. The NW wine is exclusive and the wine itself is far more valuable than what angels pay for it.
The 40 dollar deposit credits your account and goes into future wine sales. I just became an angel and they gave me a free bottle of win and forty dollars ontop of my own forty dollar deposit. I dont work for NW and I have no reason to convince you to join, im just saying, give it a go.
Your not at risk and NW will not steal your money, My sister in law has been an angel for over five years so I am reasonably convinced these guys are authentic,

See all 11 questions about Naked Wines