Great wine, great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

We have been drinking Naked Wines for over a year now, and we love the variety and being able to choose what we want. It's also great getting the 'freebie' bottles! I particularly loved the magnum of 'bubbles' which we shared with family at Christmas. We can't understand the negativity of some people and their comments. Not sure what they expect but we can only say that we have always had a very positive experience with Naked Wines and can honestly say that nearly every bottle we have drunk has been enjoyable. It's also great being able to communicate with the winemakers if you wish to. I guess it makes it a much more real and personal experience. The people behind this company are a bit 'quirky' and I love that!

Quick delivery of crap wine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Having tried most of the wines in the first and only case I'll be getting from Naked wines i can say most are very ordinary and lacking in quality fruit and complexity and some were so bad we tipped them down the sink. Dont bother unless you are used to drinking $5 wines.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

A box of good times

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I got a box of a mixture of both red and white wines. They were from producers I did not know but the wines were actually very good. Also you get to be in a club where further buying of wines are cheaper and you are helping the small producers make it in the competitive world, sometimes there's are just as good as the well known brands, I am very happy with the order I received.

Not being misunderstood by supermarkets

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I amazed by naked Wines suggested wines after I told them that I loved dryness and bubbly in my wines. I've got to know and support independent wineries and found a greater variety than the usual outlets

Amazing Idea & Great Wines

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Have been an "angel " since receiving a free voucher & haven't looked back. The wines are top quality & I am yet to have one that I did not enjoy. The website is user friendly & I love reading the reviews by the other angels and choosing wines that are recommended for me (haven't been wrong yet). Great to know I don't have to support Woolies & Coles as well & that my contribution is going towards independent & up & coming wine makers. My delivery comes to Brisbane & have never had an issue, always delivered on time. Congrats Naked Wines, well done

Sydney

• 7 helpful votes

I love Naked Wines

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I became an “angel” after receiving a $100 off offer in the post. The wines are excellent and reasonably priced. I like the fact that I am supporting independent wine growers. I’ve never had any problems with them, deliveries are always right on time!

Deniliquin

• 1 comment

Very dishonest practice

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Like other people I was required enter my email details before I could see what the offers were. Why?
Thankfully I not only felt that I didn't particularly want to be an 'Angel' and as I thought I had a free $100 voucher to use I wasn't keen on having to further spend to try something I wasn't sure about.
Thank you to the people who took the time to write about what I could have suffered should I have naively and with trust signed up.

Comments

Wonder why all the 'positives' are posted with 'real names'.

Excellent service/ delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Delivery was faster than expected. Not a wine conisseur, enjoyed tasting the selection, will order same of our favourites again

Efficient and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

This business is user-friendly, progressive and help is prompt and targetted.
Delivery is fast !
I find the business philosophy sincere and useful for the industry.
The wine offered is excellent.

Have not tried the wine as yet but delivery was shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Delivery was 1 day late, i emailed naked wines with no reply.
Delivery finally came, i was suppose to sign for it but the delivery guy plonked the wine at my door step and left..??? no signing nothing - how am i to now get the box to my kitchen table as i cannot lift it up myself?
Total first impression disappointment.
I feel sorry for the poor wine makers as its probably great wine and they would be unaware how many customers they may have lost though this bad service.

Fantastic site with great quality wines!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Yet to have a bad wine, we always look forward to receiving our new box each time we order. It's great to be supporting small independent wineries.

Late delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Live in Perth WA and wine takes approx 1 week to be delivered from order to door ..
Irrespective of the ETA that may be e mailed to you... don’t expect your wines to be delivered on time. .
This has happened twice in the last 5 months

Ormiston Qld

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great wines and value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Naked wines are sourced from small "boutique" wine producers and financed through "membership" subscriptions. The "members" are called "angels" who regularly put a fixed amount of money into an account from which they can withdraw, or use to buy wine.
This scheme supports and encourages small winegrowers who produce exceptional wines which are passed on to the "angels" at low prices compared to equivalent quality wines on the general market. The financial support from Naked Wines enables the wine producers to experiment and refine their wines which are then offered to the "angels".
Whilst I don't necessarily like all the wines types offered, Naked Wines never release any product of low quality and the "angels" are encouraged to review wines and can also contact and speak with the winemakers.
There is an enormous variety of wines of all types and some I had never heard of but enable us to continue to try out new varieties.
Customer service is excellent and I feel that my small contribution is assisting the production of some great wines from our boutique winemakers.

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Ethical and affordable wine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I love the business model behind Naked Wines, its great to know that you are truly supporting the winemakers with your purchases. And if you doubt that's for real, Naked Wines makes communication with the producers really easy. I also love that I don't have to pay a premium to buy ethically. Not all the wine is to my taste, but there is a wide enough variety that I have plenty of options to enjoy, from the lower price ranges to the premium. The customer service is fantastic and I get all my subscription fees back in purchases (when I choose to purchase). I hope they flourish so they can support more farmers and producers!

Excellent - different!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I really like the ethos of this firm, cutting out the giant retailers and giving us a great selection of reasonably priced wines, whilst still being sure that the professional growers get a decent return. I love the way we can chat on line with the wine growers and that they sometimes comment on my ratings of their wines and make suggestions of alternatives if a wine wasn't to my liking. I've been with them for more than a year now and certainly don't plan to leave them.

rainbow beach

• 1 helpful vote

Great idea and service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

I'm pretty happy with my angel subscription to naked wines, the majority of the wines are really amazing and it takes the pressure off heading to the bottle-o and trying to pick out a wine. I also like that you can buy such a variety like cider, beer and sparkling wine, the reviews are very helpful as well. My only complaint would be that where i live i don't qualify for free shipping, it usually takes about a week to arrive and costs $25 seems pretty steep considering if i lived in a capital city it would be free. But a small price to pay for good wine i suppose.

Great idea with real people ratings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I love how you can pick a wine based on ratings of other buyers - 99.99% of the time it is spot on! But if you don't like the wine, they will refund you! The website and app are easy to use and checkout is simple. Buying direct, the savings are amazing, and you get great wines at an affordable price. On top of that the delivery is super quick - I recently order some wine on a Friday night and it was delivery on the Monday!! Well done guys, it is a great concept. I'll always be an angel (buying wine anyway)!!!!

Hobart

• 1 comment

Beautiful Wines

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I get a delivery every month. It's great to have something on hand for entertaining. Being an Angel has cut our alcohol bill in half especially over the Christmas period. As part of the club we get a complementary bottle of wine when we order 12. Have had some of my favourite wines and they are all made by independent wine makers. Arrives within 5 days and is left on my doorstep. Always great to get home to a box of wine. My only small gripe is the postage time to Tasmania as I have arranged gift boxes for friends on the mainland and they have theirs within 2 days. Well worth the wait though.

Great wines, brilliant service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I have not been disappointed with any of the wines I have purchased through Naked Wines. Not only is it rewarding supporting upcoming winemakers, the results have all been wonderful. The quick service that is offered is second to none. I can order wines one day and have them on my doorstep the next. I have been a member of a lot of different online wine delivery organisations and Naked is by far the best.

Adelaide

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Distraught

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I bought some wine from this company six months ago and have been charged $40 a month ever since. I have contacted them several times to request that my money is refunded and ‘subscription’ is cancelled. Unfortunately they haven’t responded so I’m having to serve notice of intention to sue.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 101 pages

Can you please tell me how I get into my account? Thank you. Denise Davis [address removed]

Denise asked on Jan 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi Denise - you can manage your account online by going to www.nakedwines.com.au/myaccount where you can update your details, track your orders or cancel your Angel membership with us. Alternatively our Customer Happiness Team are available on email or 1300 898 677. Best, Greg Banbury (MD)

I got a $100 voucher to use but it wants me to add credit card to proceed..I thought I was using my voucher to buy it..what do I do?

Justo13 asked on Dec 20, 2017

Answer this

To get the $100 of 'free' wine, you have to subscribe to an on-going wine 'plan' first, and that is what will be charged to your credit card every month.

Do not deal with this company, throw the voucher away.
In the wine case supplied, the most expensive bottle had been replaced with one worth half the price.
I have asked for an exchange and here is Naked Wines' customer service focussed response (sarcasm):

From: Naked Wines Australia [mailto:chat@nakedwines.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 January 2018 5:19 PM
To: (name withheld)
Subject: [NWid:1753623:]:RE: RE: RE: Order Error on #6625093

Hi Beast (name changed)

Thank you once again for your email.

From your last response, it’s plainly clear that you are not willing to compromise as all.

I too am familiar with the Australian Consumer Law and you must agree that this would be laughed at in any tribunal considering the amount of the claim.

Its not within our policy to replace a singular bottle of wine. For one, due to the fact that they are fragile and it’s unlikely that it would reach you safely in one piece.

I have explained our stance on the matter as we have to follow our policies and I hope we can come to an agreeable settlement.

Kindest,
Jess
1300 898 677

Give these frauds a wide berth, got to Dan Murphy. That's what I'm doing.

Hi Justo13 - your $100 voucher is valid for your first order of 12 wines or more (stated on the voucher). This means there will be a difference to pay and you will need to enter your credit card details. You should be able to get 12 wines for around $79 with your voucher (under $7 a bottle) which is outstanding value considering all these wines are hand-made by talented independent winemakers.

Sunny - That is not quite right. You can use the voucher to buy any number of wines on our site, but the offer on our homepage will also add your name to the waiting list to join our 80,000 Angels. It is not a wine-plan like other retailers operate where you get shipped regular wine boxes. Angels put $40 a month onto their wine account with us and spend it on wine when they wish. This gives us the confidence to fund our winemakers upfront, which results in a better tasting wine at a lower price (but just for Angels).

Beast - Again, I'm sorry being an Angel wasn't for you. I hope you enjoy the supermarket made wines you are buying from Dan Murphy.

Do your wines contain 220 preservatives or sulfates?

Lynne asked on Dec 11, 2017

Answer this

You find most wine do but Browns Brothers don't have 220 because I am allergic to this preservative ...

Hi Lynne, unfortunately we don't have any preservative free wines and all our wines contain sulfites. Wines like this are hard to find in the market, because they are prone to spoilage. We are in talks with our winemakers to see if we can produce a Natural wine which would be preservative free, so keep your eyes peeled! Best, Greg Banbury (MD)