Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Battery in mine died and it started to act strangely. Would not turn on sometimes and had stopped recording over the old footage and just came up with SD card full. I suspect these had to do with the battery being dead. Returned it under warranty only to have it returned to me still faulty and them saying the battery is only meant to last 10 seconds yet I have read there own reps say the battery is expected to last 30 minutes when replying to other peoples review.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Incident recording

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Iv finally gotten time to put the sd card into my laptop to download all the morons.
And noticed all the times when Iv pressed the blue button to (what I thought) save the 3 min clip, only to find it's only saved 20secs from the time I pressed the button, so it missed recording all incidents.
I thought (with my last dash cam) if I press the button, the 3 min clip it was currently recording gets saved, and not auto deleted.
Am I missing something?

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Comments
Navman Official

Hi Metro, The Blue button is designed for emergency recording. what this means is, it will record 10 seconds prior to the button being pushed, and 10 seconds after, and then will save that as an e... read more »

How do I lock the 3 min clip that's recording?

Hi Metro,

The MiVUE 660 does not have this feature, however it is a feature avaliable on our new 700 and 730 series.

Thanks,

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Screen freeze

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I purchased a mivue 660 dash cam as a gift for my daughter only 3 months ago from JB Hifi, and already for no apparent reason it has stopped working. The screen has frozen, there are no warning messages and there is no sound, it does not function at all. This is not what anyone should expect to happen after such a short period of time, and especially when it was needed the most....During an accident.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Navman Official

Hi Noella,

Im sorry to hear about the problems you have had with the MiVUE 660. Could you please advise what MicroSD card you have plugged in to the device?

Thanks,
Senior Navman Support

SanDisk 32 GB. This is the brand and size that I was advised to purchase at the time I purchased the mivue 660 dash cam.

Navman Official

Hi Noella, Please be advised, SanDisk do no warrant their MicroSD Cards in continuous recording devices (such as Dash Cams) as it can cause issues. I would recommend trying a Toshiba class 10 Micr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

It's a jokie ...don't buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Don't waste your money it's too hard to setup, there's no sound cuts out every 2 mintues.. its junk shop quality. Save your money, i payed $163 dollars jb hifi ..i reckon it's worth $29 dollars. It's not any good if you miss the crash. I'm a loser thanks navmav.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bonogin Queensland

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

An Outstanding Dash Cam

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

This camera fits nicely next to my rear vision mirror (the area is swept by the wipers so rain and dirt are not a problem), and it turns on / off with the car's ignition. The power lead goes under the dash mat to the left side of the windscreen, up to the top (using the small adhesive clips provided), and I slipped it between the headlining and the screen, wrapped it once around the rear vision mirror post and into the camera.
It records three minute clips, store them in the 32 Gb micro card (purchased separately), then commences recording again without a break and I can record a three hour car trip without a problem so 32 Gb has plenty of space. The clips are date/time stamped so locating the correct one is simple and they can be easily saved to a computer's Hard Drive.
When the micro card is inserted into the larger card adapter and placed in a computer's card reader, the vision and audio are both excellent. In the lower right corner of the computer screen is the date, time, location (in latitude and longitude which is easy to confirm on Google Earth), and best of all, the vehicle's speed. These cannot be seen on the small camera screen but are clear as a bell on the computer's one; however, these details would be great when defending a speeding charge as they are automatic inclusions and cannot (to my knowledge), be manipulated by the owner. When my speed is on 1000 kmh, my camera shows 96 kmh so I am happy with that.
The screen on the camera only operates for 60 seconds before turning black so it is not a distraction while driving and the range of warnings can be switched on or off depending on the owner's preferences.
The mode where the camera records a bump while the car is parked required hardwiring because the battery won't last long.
The camera has to be removed if you are going to fit a sun screen because the combined direct sunlight and that reflected by the sun screen will damage the unit. It is simple to remove and I use a small $5 camera case to store it when I park in the sun.
This piece of kit is outstanding and my only criticism is that it cannot read some car registration plates while moving - perhaps a later model will have that capability.
This is truly a great Christmas present and an outstanding dash cam . . .

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Navman Official

Hi Doug, Thanks for the stellar review. very comprehensive! glad to see the MiVUE 660 is living up to all your expectations and more! Navman now supports native hard wiring, you can see the MiVUE... read more »

My Navman 660 has finally died. The gps dates flick to 2025 year. My manual dates flick to 2010. Screen feezes all time - have to reformat. Tapes on 1 to 2 segments at best. The list goes on. I wanted a good navman not a problemtic one. What can i do to fix???

Lizzi B asked on Oct 16, 2017

Answer this

Sorry Lizzie, I don't know :(

Hi I just bought to 660 and noticed yesterday "start recording" continually comes up on the unit screen, I checked the clips and they are only 20 seconds in length, not the 3 minutes as set. Any idea please? Cheers Steve

Bussy asked on Oct 15, 2017

I brought Navman Mivue 660 on 31/07/17. It only taped for 20mins max. Drove on trip for 4hrs+. Yet that was the max taping. Replace sd card. Reformatted. Reset. Numerous times. Went back to JB HiFi. Replacement. This one only tapes for 24mins. What is problem.??? Im fed up. Can u help?

Lizzi B asked on Oct 14, 2017

See all 20 questions about Navman MiVue660

Product Details

Price (RRP) $199
Height 86mm
Resolution 1080p (Full HD)
Width 46mm