Filter By:
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

No internet or phone for 5 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

NBN came and disconnected our existing internet when we were not home and did not ask for the appointment. Since then Telstra and NBN have sent people over 3 times and can’t get it working. Telstra blames NBN and NBN blames Telstra. I have taken three days off work to stay home for technicians and spent a minimum of 3 hours per week on the phone trying to get something done since August 2017. I have also contacted the Ombudsman twice. Still no internet or phone and I am at a loss as to what I can do about it!! This whole NBN thing is a disgrace

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Terrible service un professional ---- disgrace

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

onsite technician is so rude on the phone.
told to call in 5 mins to confirm some one is home to let him in
he canceled the appointment straight away. so had to wait for the next available slot.

they need customer service 101.

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 31 helpful votes

Horrendous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

NBN is a national disgrace, billions of dollars for a shoddy network that is inferior to the old ADSL network, my speeds range from 1-55mbps and these drops and peaks can happen every couple of minutes, service is unusable, have submitted complaints but no one cares, TIO is useless too

sydney

• 5 comments
  • 6 questions
  • 16 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

A sevice that you cant trust

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

New house cable to the house ,when buying/bidding on line it often freezes and asks you to wait?
The Netflix keeps buffering,?
I dont know who is telling the truth anymore its all a croc of lies and finger pointing.
There are 100,s of thousands of new people comming into australia every year it cant cope now?

Tweed

• 4 comments

NBN is dreadful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

I have had two episodes of no internet and of course no phone. All to do where fibre connects to copper wiring. I cant believe my speed is slower than ADSL service.

• 4 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 109 helpful votes

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

NBN is the greatest con ever inflicted on the Australian public. Slow.... I could walk around the internet quicker. Drop outs and the ever present whirling icon...waiting waiting. Stone age technology in a first world country, welcome to NBN.

Disgustingly slow installation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

NBN is a complete waste of money and most definitely a wast of time. 3 bloddy years to hook my house up. Yet my Aunty will get hooked up within 6 weeks, and she lives 2 streets away. Unbelievable. Why pay $95 for NBN 50 but only receive 30mbp/s when you can pay $100 for NBN 100 which you will only receive 60mbp/s. Disgraceful.

• 1 helpful vote

Pathetic internet connection!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Horrible service! Due to frequent connection drops working from home is really a pain. I wish people could take another internet connection.

Very disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

No faster than ADSL and our landline phone hasn't worked properly since it was switched on. I can see why they need to force people on to NBN with deadlines and the "hard sell".

M

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

NBN Fixed Wireless connection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Stay with ADSL2 if you have it in rural areas for the time being until they get it right.Land line telephone cable connection is just as good and much simpler to hook up to a router modem.I am reasonably tech savy & i could not get connected up after buying an NBN capable modem with an Amaysam plan. It took me 10 minutes to ring them to cancel NBN & 5 minutes to reconnect to ADSL+2 ......speed test Amaysam nbn = 4.69 mps ....ADSL+2 = 6.9 mps.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

So trash worst company ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

We were told our internet was connected but it wasn’t working we had to wait week for a technician to come out with no internet.

If there was a 0 star

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

The guy calls us today wanting to move our appointment time forward so he could knock off early, I wasn't home. We agreed to 2:30pm. I was home at 1:30. He didn't bother to show up. He informed West net that I wasn't there, which I found out at 4pm after my 6, 8 & 10 year old walked home from school with a year's worth of books.
He knew our number when he wanted to knock off early but couldn't be bothered to call to say he wasn't going to show after that.
This company has the monopoly on this setup so they can treat people like crap and get away with it. Very, very poor form.
They have removed the ability to review them on Facebook and via Google somehow, so they obviously realize how popular they are.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

A pathetic example for modern technology

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Third ISP now on wireless NBN 25/5 plans with speeds down to dialup at peak hours. The buck passing has finally stopped as ISP's now stipulate speeds as slow as 5 Mbps on a 25/5 service. Unfortunately there are times when I think they need to revist their critical information summary and maybe add a 0. in front of the 5. A pathetic step backwards in technology unless you are fortunate enough to have fiber to the premises. I've no complaints about the installers or support techs and feel saddened for the level one techs that take the full blow of angry clients when there is little they can do but say "we know".

Not reliable at all.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Constant dropouts, slow laggy internet and sometimes no internet at all for an hour or more with nothing i can do to fix it.

brisbane

NBN Failure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

We connected to NBN FTTN 25/9/2017 no phone or internet since, 10 technicians sent to fix fault. 31/11/2017 NBN confirms premises unserviceable due to infrastructure failures. NBN Put us back on ADSL due to unknown time frame. Frustrating and costly experience.

Update:- I had trouble accessing a ADSL plan, due to my status remaining as a premises in a NBN connected area.
The case manager from NBNCo advised :- we have rolled back your Service Portal (your retail service provider should know what that is) as SC10 which means that your service is not serviceable by NBN. You should be able to place an order with your chosen Retail Service provider for a land line service ... UNFORTUNATELY the ISP / RSP'S were not aware of SC10 when I asked for a ADSL plan.
I chose Telstra, I had problems at first but persisted, i could place my order for phone and internet bundle through a Telstra overseas operator, that could access the portal required to sell me a plan. I am hoping nothing else goes wrong....Although I waited 3 months I think I may be one of the lucky ones.

Coolillie SA

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Skymuster Sat NBN service for Rural Customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Skymuster Satellite NBN Broadband is excellent I've had it about 7mths its a 25mbs never had a dropout ,even with power outages its up and running on the genset. With vertually no telstra coverage I now have a means of Emergency Contact thats reliable voip phone. And stream or download movies utube so valuable best thing since sliced bread Thanks NBN a game changer in the Bush.

Sydney

Unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Was supposed to get connected yesterday, but technician didn’t arrive. The reason given was extreme weather condition when it was a good cool 22 degrees. The forecast was for rain, but never did until 2 hours post my installation time window. After I asked for a reschedule, I was told the soonest was 1.5 weeks later as I reckon NBN doesn’t have back up plans for when their technicians get lazy. A real joke - very unprofessional! I feel bad for telecom retailers and call centre agents who have to deal with angry customers!

• 5 helpful votes

Trench construction

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Yesterday ground construction was done on our premises. They left 2 holes outside fence line & mud filled hole at bottom of house where cable was buried. If stand on it you would sink into it up to your knees & cut the weed mat under the stones that go along front of house so that now you sink into the stones when walked on. Cable is sticking up going no where! Have complained twice but as yet heard nothing. When wet this has never happened before! Not happy Jan!

Adelaide

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

A monopoly that aims at crippling our Internet infrastructure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Drop the CVC nonsense and bring FTTP to everyone and NBN will stop being an unfunny joke. The government and this CEO need more competence in regards with technology if this country really wants a better technology industry.
NBN being a monopoly and for-profit (as in maximum profit and therefore regression, read CVC) is the culprit our internet is still so expensive and slow. FTTN is 3x the reported original costs and without the costs of repairing the rotting copper lines. If Labor's FTTP plan didn't get screwed up so bad with the political football going on in our parliament we would have had much better (faster, reliable and cheap) and cheaper (as fiber break down much less often than copper) internet :(

Kwinana

• 1 answer

NBN is a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

The company and the service is far worst than a dial up line. This is a company that does not deliver what is advertising. I have my NBN Line through Telstra since November 2016 and I never had a decent connection. Too slow and too cluncky. I think the poorest nation has better internet connection than what NBN has promised. I just wasted so much time calling TELSTRA which is also worst as they do not want to do anything...I give up.

1 of 8 pages

Why is the NBN such a disgrace? Is it a mystery? Does anyone really know??

Drone Lover asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

The thing about NBN is that they make BIG claims about the speed that is comparable to other countries but not really. The speeds fluctuates all the time and no fixed internet speed. For a company to claim to be the fastest internet service in Australia is a brave claim. ADSL speed is even more faster as we discovered often times. The worst of all is their customer service is next to nothing. So we are actually paying for a service we are not getting.

CVC and the adoption of obsolete VDSL (FTTN) technology is the reason its a disgrace. The NBN co and gov "don't see the need for faster internet (1Gbps?)" and wanted to cut corners everywhere, therefore fiber over the rotting phone lines most of us have. Even if you are lucky enough to go full fiber they have this CVC charge which I believe is 15 bucks per mbps for retailers (your isp). What ISP can do is heavily oversubscribe (esp. Telstra, Optus) their network to make some tiny margins of profits. For-profit and having no vision is the problem here.

New Zealand have FTTP everywhere like where I am from and they don't have CVC nonsense. This is public infrastructure and they shouldn't aim for maximum profit out of this (at least not in a market with no competitors).