Filter By:

Connection Type: ISP Fibre

What a joke just had it installed because they don't give you a choice it's a do it your self and i

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

NBN took 5 min to install but any questions no answers they just install the NBN box is all I got. Rang was transferred 4 times they were like trained monkeys but could not answer any question I asked them only what was on there idiot sheet

Melbourne

absolute rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

What a waste of our tax $$$$, a farce, a joke, they're having a lend surely!! This has got to be the greatest white elephant in the history of global telecommunications roll-outs. Was promised a faster more reliable service, and what did we get instead? slower speeds, more drop-outs and no answers. When we ask what can be done, we get the old "not our problem, it's the nbn" excuse - what a bloody disgrace. Straya, look at how your money is being frittered away on this debacle..... Even NZ can get 1Gbps speeds - yes, New Zealand FFS! How very dare you....

cowra

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

NBN CO FIXED WIRELESS

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

nbn fixed wireless heap of crap had it installed since February had nothing but trouble since installed complain about it and nothing gets done send a technician out but don't fix it was forced to move to it speeds are not what they say it is don't get it

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

NBN - Biggest forced load of crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

After receiving the third disconnection notice of my copper line, I have been forced to change to FTTP with a $99 connection fee. I'm 600m from the exchange with speeds of 17mbps and now having to change I'm getting speeds of 6mbps. My monthly ISP (TPG) fee is $59.99 which has remained unchanged from before. The tech installer which attended to install was a really great guy but was so restricted by company rules as not being able to climb up on the 22.5 degree tiled roof to complete the install, as cabling was an issue, forcing me to assist t o complete the install. Calling tech support to report the issue is a waste of time, as per usual, another offshore call centre with a huge language barrier in trying to explain and with the standard excuses of why the speeds exist. This is the biggest load of forced government business crap! Bill Morrow needs to listen to the Australian public and address these issues or end up with another VodaFAIL from which he jumped ship from!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

The worst of all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

This is my compliant we wrote you NBN today:

Today is another disappointment I have with NBN after several ones. I have an installation appointment with NBN this morning. As the technician came, he told me he was assigned to set up a battery back-up box for the connection box inside my house. What he found interesting was that he could not find any connection box in my property. Is that new? Absolutely not. I have repeatedly reported to NBN that there is no connection box inside my property. But it seems NBN does not trust what I said or con
sider that as ridiculous. The first appointment I had with NBN technician was some day in middle of June when the 2 technicians came for FIXING which is not close at all to what I asked for. What I've always been asking for is the INTERNET since I moved to here 2 months ago. Didn't they report to NBN that there is no connection box here? Or that fact is something so magical that you do not bother to believe? You must have already acknowledged how long to wait for an NBN appointment. But NBN has continuously made the same mistake. I personally do not care why there is a missing NBN box or whatever you do with your investigation. What I do care as a customer is when EXACTLY I'm gonna be connected to internet. And now please do not tell me you are going to book the earliest possible appointment for me. Because I know how long it takes and I'm not sure this mistake will or not recur. So I strongly insist NBN work out the compensation for me. All I want is an immediate installation, no more nor less. I'm not the person who pays money and rudely orders people to do what I say. I gave NBN complete respect, trust in your value and service. But look at what I've got in return. Nothing but feeling of anger, mistrust, terrible experience and disappointment.

• 3 helpful votes

NBN - You Blow Chunks!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

FTTN is probably best described as "Fraudband" as far as any sort of superfast internet connection is concerned. I am 637 metres from the node, estimated that I would get 86% of my rated speed, I signed up for 50MBPS and quite often I get 43MBPS which is as expected. Sadly, at peak times it drops to the same level as very poor ADSL, ie 2MBPS. When this happens I am usually online chatting to others some distance away with various different providers and all experience the same slow down. I recently changed from my old ISP ADSL to VDSL (FTTN) wi th a different provider who are helpful and knowledgeable. I find it very frustrating when NBNCO posts stories about new technology they are testing that offers extremely high speeds, but which will only be possible on fibre to the premises. The NBN is my greatest disappointment in recent years, it is embarrassing, I have overseas visitors often, and as far as high speed internet goes, Australia is a 3rd world country. My greatest concern now, is how much more will we have to spend to get a proper superfast network? I am keeping a diary off logged speed tests, very depressing.

Adelaide

• 1 question

What speed?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Because it is cheaper to install I had to accept a Fibre to the Node connection. I keep monitoring the speeds and so far I reach about 60% of what I pay for. I have complained but the process to submit a formal complaint is like jumping through multiple hoops some of which would be moving!!!

Portland, Vic

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

I'm a Tax Payer, and I'd like a Refund NBN!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

NBN, would have to be the Joke of the Century, and making Australia the Laughing Stock of the World.
At least, I can thank NBN, for helping me meet my neighbors with Crossed Lines and comparing NBN War Stories of lack of service. Not sure what drongo's work at NBN, but someone might to remind them that VDSL speeds are based on the distance of copper, combining pillars several hundred meters away, and adding 400 meters of copper between the Node and Pillar, delivers crap speeds, hardly worth even calling Broadband!

When you connect, expect
to have to get your local MP involved, to get the faults restored and a working service, and to be left high and dry with no phone or internet for several weeks, and this be considered normal.
We can all live in hope for the Mobile Broadband networks as a backup and to provide us ongoing service, as if were relying on the NBN, were all doomed! Thanks NBN, for my slower then ADSL service, thank you for the two weeks outage and many hours on the phone, thanks for wasting my local MP's time because you wouldn't fix a fault. And last, thanks for all for wasting my Tax Dollars and pissing it up against the wall, on a out of date, obsolete network that's going to put Australia in the Dark Ages and slowly killing our digital economy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Country Victoria

• 1 comment
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Deserves zero stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

At the start of April I went into Telstra and signed up for NBN. I was given an appointment time 3 weeks (!) later and keenly awaited the day due to only hearing good things from people who were lucky enough to be connected (perhaps they were on drugs at the time - I dunno).

The day of the appointment came and by 5pm, no technician had arrived or called. I phoned Telstra and was advised that the appointment had been cancelled in the system for no apparent reason and had to then be rescheduled - for two weeks later because you get shoved to
the back of the line. During the morning of the new appointment day, Telstra called and advised that the appointment had again been cancelled (at least I was notified this time instead of sitting around at home waiting all day again). I was then told that I would be assigned a Telstra case manager who would call me in a day or two to help me get connected.

One week after not hearing from my so-called case manager, I again called Telstra to see what was going on. No apologies were offered or any reason for not hearing from my case manager. Again I rescheduled my NBN appointment, another 3 weeks later.

Well a miracle occurred and the technician arrived, 8 weeks after initially signing up. After a lot of noise, mess, and whinging from the technician, we had the box installed on the wall however of course the internet was unable to be connected due to some sort of infrastructure issue in the street (whatever this means as it was not explained at all). He advised that he had to then log a job for yet another technician to come out and fix the problem. He also blamed Telstra for the problem and advised me to call them to follow up.

The following day I called Telstra and was advised that the issue was an NBN problem and to call them to get it sorted. I proceeded to do this and was palmed back off onto Telstra. I then rang Telstra and a different person told me that it was an NBN problem.. However they were able to ‘happily’ advise me that the issue would be sorted – in 5 weeks time (which would be the 19th of July).

Today I decided to call and follow up with Telstra regarding any progress and was advised that the issue will now not be fixed until the 28th of July! Wth?!

At no time have I been advised of what the problem is and no party has attempted to try and rectify this issue at all. Both have blamed one another and continue to just tell me that the problem will be fixed on certain dates when it just won’t be.

This entire process has been the biggest joke I have faced in my 30+ years of life. Both companies are beyond incompetent, lazy, and completely useless. As someone who relies very heavily on the internet for my job, I have lost time, a lot of money, and work due to this issue. I live in an area that cannot be connected to broadband any longer and my dongle reception is pathetic. At no time have I been offered any compensation or explanations for this complete waste of time. Telstra continuously defends themselves when contacted, stating that this not at all their fault (hence why the review is directed to NBN Co) however I believe they need to play a bigger part in this process instead of doing absolutely nothing at all. Despite being one of the most expensive services, I signed up with Telstra due to being a loyal customer over the last 15 years. However due to their behaviour on this matter, there is a good chance I will be withdrawing all of my services with them and the TIO will be contacted.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

The biggest con ever perpetrated on the Australian Public

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

The NBN network and company are the biggest con the Government has ever perpetrated on the Aussie public. Claimed blisteringly fast speed of 100MBS is rarely every delivered (yet UK has 220MBPS and NZ apparently 1000MBPS!!!). To add insult to injury the ratbag lsit of retailers of the NBN carved up available speed and offer it in incredibly expensive blocks ie 12MBPS (lousy old copper network speeds fro %50/mth), 25MBPS, 50MBPS and 100MBPS which cant be delivered for $120 !!!

The Australian public is beiong totally scammed. add to this that NBN management has no real experience and the issues get worse
Australia..... the Yucky Country

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

3 months and still no internet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

3 months after moving in and multiple NBN technician visits, yet still no connection. Every time it's a different excuse. Appalling. I'm a Masters University student. This is ruining my future.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes