• 11 comments
  • 36 helpful votes

Baby loves Nan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

My wife couldn't breast our first two babies and they both thrived on this product. We had absolutely no problems with it at all. Because we found it to be very expensive at one stage we tried to turn to a cheaper product, but the babies wouldn't drink it.... so we reverted back. There was also one other problem which was that there was a period when Coles would only sell you 2 tins at a time because the Chinese market for this product was so lucrative that people were buying up the whole shelf of Nan baby powder and sending it over to China to resell. Rather a stupid policy I thought to limit people to two tins ...but there you go. Anyhow baby number three will be here in a couple of weeks so we are stocking up. Needless to say I recommend this product!

• 1 question

A good product

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Had an 11 week old baby, we tried this milk for her as I went to surgery and I couldnt breastfeed for few days.
My daughter loved it and instantly got used to the taste I guess.
Would probably advise the mums out there not to use the "gold" one if you are breastfeeding as well as formula, as my GP stated that it may cause some constipation which did happened to my girl.
But overall its a good formula, I should just have purchased the refular NAN.

Baldivis

Really recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

After trying so many different baby formulas this has to one of the best not to expensive filling for my baby helped alot with her reflux issues and best of all doesn't even taste gross like most formulas hard part was weening my 3 year old off this formula as she loved it so much

Altona meadows

Easy on little tummy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

My bub arrive little early. So hospital feeding her nan optipro gold...so continue that one...its Soo easy to make as mentioned on pack and like others same process.
Not only my baby enjoyed it it also easy on little baby tummy..easy to digest and provide all nutrients
My baby didn't get any side effect and planning to use for second baby due in Oct.

Purchased at: Big W

Bundaberg

Look at labels

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Make sure u look at the lables on these formula tins. There is little to no difference between the gold and the regular HA formula . . . There is however $ 10 difference in the price of the 2 formulas despite the very small difference in what is in the actual tin itself.

Only Formula that my Daughter did not vomit with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

After several attempts of various formulas with my premmie baby this is the only formula that was similar to breast milk in consistency and the only milk she could hold down. The formula is easy to prepare, the lip at the top helps flatten the scoop to get even scoops highly recommended

Great But Pricey.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

This is the formula my son started on from day one. He seemed to really enjoy it from the start. However when he did a poo he grunted really loudly and it seemed like he struggled to poo it out. Although it was a normal poo, he doesn't do this with the other NAN product. Also found its a really pricey tin especially when we were paying for 2 time a week. Which comes to $60
Easy to prepare.

• 1 comment

My bubs loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I have been using nan formula for ages now and my new bubs loves it too !! It fill his tummy and the recommended amount in the chart is on point! Easy to use scoop with a lip in the tin to get an even amount of formula in the bottle

newcastle

Verified Purchase

Baby love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

This is good formula and easy to prepare and comes with all the necessary instructions. My baby enjoyed it since he was 2 months. he has not get any constipation with this formula. we have not noticed any side effect with NAN. Its valuable product for money and i would like to recommended for other moms.

If formula is your choice this one seems good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Our baby didn't like it and we only bought it as back up until Mummy milk fully kicked in.
It was the brand the hospital proved sample bottles so this is why we choose it.
I cannot give it 2-3 stars just like I cannot give 5 stars as we didn't preserve, we were way to exhausted at the time.
The price was a little less than other brands.
All speaking with other Mums their baby's favoured Nestle NAN Gold more than another on the market.
So if formula is your choice this one seems good.

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Great Formula Recommended by Hospital and Pediatrician

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Our pediatrician put our Bub on this formula after we discovered I had no breastmilk and he took to it so well. It is easy to prepare and I love the smaller scoop size as there is less wastage. I noticed that his poops were a good consistency and well timed on this formula, which was great. The price was high, so we switched to Aldi formula after reading some great reviews on it. Big mistake. Bub suffered Reflux and poop changed to once every 2.5 days. I've switched back. It is worth the price you pay!

Good formula

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

I used this at the hospital before my breastmilk came through and found it to be quite good for my baby. Continued to use this as I was getting use this when I was home until I started breastfeeding full time. Great if you cannot or choose not to breastfeed your baby.

Private message

Bubs growth is good except constipation

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

This is the formula suggested by our pead.We did not try any other brand so far.
Bubs growth is fine , no issues with the feeding.
But looks like they are constipated.They pass motion once in 3 days.Not sure if it's because of formula.they are exclusive formula fed.

Melbourne

Horrible taste!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

My daughter was exclusively BF till 3 months. I tried few different formulas (Nan, Mamia and Bellamy's) before trying Karicare. Nan optipro was the first formula I tried and it tastes awful. No doubt my daughter would scream and spit it out. The only good thing about this formula is it's packaging.
I am now using Karicare which my daughter loves and is very light on her tummy as well.

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Great formula from birth

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

We used this formula from the day my son was born as my milk supply was very poor and luckily this formula worked perfectly for our son. Whilst there are so many different types of formulas out on the shelves we found this particular formula gentle and light for our baby and at the same time nutritious. The price is also quite reasonable compared to some other brands. We highly recommend this formula to all new parents :)

Expensive but baby loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

We knew this formula from when we were in the hospital. My baby liked it ever since. It is easy to prepare, the powder is not clumped when mix into the water, the instructions given are very informative and easy to understand. My baby liked this formula and have no other side effects like gassy. However the poop was dark green and my doctor said every poop is different for different formula brand, so it was not really a problem. My baby is now 8 months old and continue drinking this brand for follow-on.

Purchased at: Coles

Not sure why this product is recommended by so many people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Due to sudden drop in milk supply I had no choice but to supplement with formula when baby was 4 months old (march 2018). After speaking to a couple of friends and mid wives we were convinced Nan Ha Optipro Gold was the one. However one month later after giving it a proper go, I have never been sorrier and was happy to be rid of it.

Pros
-Formula was easy to prepare - no froth, no residue etc.
Cons
- my exclusively breastfed baby didn’t love it straight away.. but didn’t hate it either.
- within hours of having this formula his farts because Uber stinky, and I noticed that it was also causing him discomfort passing wind.
- since starting this formula baby got severely constipated, for over 8 days and couldn’t sleep at night and overall was a very unhappy baby.
-when he did manage to poop (after giving him prune juice, colloxyl drops, baby optics etc) the poop was the most disgusting alien poop I have ever seen/ smelt.
We thought all this is due to adjustment period but a month later things didn’t chnage much. Constipation continued, passing wind remained difficult, farts stank like a rubbish truck and my once very happy baby who used to sleep through the night changed into this forever cranky unsettled Bub.

After much research we switched to Aptamil gold, and within a day my Bub has returned back to my happy settled child with normal human poos (yellow and almost the consistency of breastfed baby poos) and easy to pass wind that doesn’t stink at all.

Newcastle

• 1 helpful vote

The best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Baby loves this milk, its so eash to prepare and isnt gluggy at all. It doesnt leave residue on the bottle and is highly rates by paedeatricians and speciaist nurses.
After trying 2 other formulas beforehand i finally found this one which agrees with my baby and you can purchase with ease, i get it from woolworths or my local chemist.

pretty happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

We started using this from the hospital and have been using it since to top up breastfeeding. Baby was a little gassy but not sure what the cause was. Baby transitioned to 2 and 3 and cow’s milk with no issue. Baby is now 1.5yo and has not had a cold.

• 1 question

Not for us

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Our baby was being introduced to this formula in the hospital, and we just continued it as she seems to accept it fine. However we realised that she seems to be very irritable and colicky, passing lots of wind, and was very distressed when doing so. Her farts and stool were very smelly too. Her symptoms resolved pretty quickly once we changed formula.

1 of 7 pages