Fantastic!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Always a pleasure dealing with NetStrata. Nothing is ever too difficult and I always receive quick responses and updates. Love using this company and would recommend them to anybody!

Very helpful strata manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I have an investment property and Michael Thompson has been our strata manager for a number of years. Over that period I have always found Michael to be very respectful, responsive and reliable. He has always responded immediately to any of my queries and requests. I do not live at my property, but I know how challenging some of the other owners can be there and I admire the way Michael has managed these personality clashes with good grace, respect and patience. I would definitely recommend Michael Thompson as a strata manager who gets things done.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Netstrata!!! RUN as far away from them as you could.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Not even worth giving any star to Netstrata. We love where we are living. Wouldn’t trade it for anywhere else, but, because of Netstrata dodgy business, we are thinking of moving. We have been paying extremely high strata levy for nothing. We have been ripped off by Netstrata and their associates from left, right and cantre. I am 100% agree with Alfred comment.

Our strata levy has gone up over 30% in one year. When we ask Netsrtata to explain, they would use the excuses of the new strata law. This is a whole lot of crap. We wonder where all our levies money has gone to. There are lots of unknown and unjustified charges. For example; over $20,000 gone to the BMC, but the job did not get done. For some unexplained reason from Netstrata, the money cannot be transfer back to our sinking fund. Where is it gone??? There are lots of unnecessary works got done where it has not been stated in any strata meeting or without the committee consent. However, important jobs could take more than 6 months to get it complete.

As commended by Alfred “If your building has a BMC (building management committee) you need to watch out as you are likely to rip off. BMC is common if your building has a commercial/retails shops. Netstrata will throw lots of expenses under the BMC expenses and this only shows as one line in your annual expenses report….”

Netstrata also has been cunningly sleeping with your building manager to rip you all off. Again, as commended by Alfred, “Do not believe the 5 star ratings here” or anywhere. I have never heard from anyone who have dealt with Netstrata give a positive comment about them. Most 5 star reviews are written by renters. They don’t paid the over charged levy set by Netstrata.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Netstrata is one of the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

As a strata lawyer, I have had many opportunities to work with strata managing agents in NSW and I still do. Netstrata is one of those managing agents that impresses me a lot because they are very thorough in the job that they do. They return phone messages and emails very quickly and are always working towards ensuring that the owners interest is paramount. Their service delivery is excellent and whenever they have instructed me, my job has been made much easier because of the thoroughness with which they provide instructions. In particular one of the managers at Netstrata Ms. Magdalena Tsonev is superb. She is so well versed with strata and the legislation that governs strata that whenever she has briefed me I never had to worry about making her understand some of the salient issues in strata law as she will always be aware of them and has often discussed them as if she was a strata lawyer. She is courteous, professional in her approach and down to earth. So folks if you are looking for a good strata manager who knows their stuff check out Netstrata and ask for Magdalena. There are other managers at Netstrata who are equally good such as Jack Liu and many others whom I cannot remember. They all know their job well and will go out of their way to help.

Wolli creek

Private message

Not very good service with premium price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Strata manager sometimes would just make decisions without notifying committee. Do not attend the site at all nor arrange any meeting through the year although we have requested to.
They have also contracted with terrible cleaners that complain a lot and do very lousy job.

Tyson Major

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

As a property manager, i deal with strata managers all the time and i have never seen anyone like Tyson major and i do believe Tyson is the best strata manager that i have dealt with.
every email that i sent to Tyson last week and today, was responded straight away and i did not have to wait or follow that up at all.
Thank you Tyson fr your help, if all the managers were like you, my job as a property manager would be much easier.

Carlton

• 1 answer
Private message

Never EVER use NETstrata !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Never EVER use NETstrata!!!

Terrible service with heaps of breaches. less professional ethics. Poor strata knowedge, never given you a correct answer. You have to find the awners from Fair Trading yourself.

Without EC's awareness and permission, the strata manager slinkingly spent over $12,000 on a bathroom leakage,and failed to manage it. She has been offically notified by the EC to hold some payments for the unauthorized work, but she again furtively paid it on purpose before the final date that Netstrata was terminated by our OC. Since we officially notified Netstrata they were terminated, this strata manager started rejected all enquiries from our owners, which was about 3 months before the final day. Lots of unknown charges happened when they handed the work to our new strata company with lots of mess. Not act as an professional at all. We are very happy to terminate Netstrata, sepecially when we had new strata on board and had a very clear comparison.

All in all, just keep Netstrata away as far as possible.

Supportive Strata Manager

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I am original owner at our complex and a committee member for approx nine years. I have worked with Stephanie Gough since she became our strata manager and have always found her professional, friendly and easy to work with. I commend Stephanie on her work during a very busy time over the past two years organising quotes for painting, remedial work and her quick response to other matters as they arose. Many thanks Steph you are appreciated.

Wollongong Office

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Tanya Edwards from Wollongong office provides quality service to our building and owners. She is prompt in addressing issues and not afraid to tackle tenants who are not behaving as they should, such as illegal parking, regular disruptive behvaviour etc

EXCELLENT STRATA MANAGER

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

Tyson Major is the Strata Manager for an investment unit I have at Gymea. He is not the first strata manager from Netstrata I have dealt with for this block but he is definitely the best. We are painting the common walls on the inside of the units and also replacing carpet. I believe from others in the unit complex that this was looked at years ago but nothing done (I did not own the unit then). Although this has not been an easy job to please everyone and to get samples he has done this very efficiently. When I ring him to enquire about any aspect of the unit complex HE ALWAYS RETURNS MY EMAILS OR CALLS which is not the case with everyone. I am very happy as I am sure others are with his pleasant and efficient manner. Hope he stays awhile.

Competent

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

Our strata committee have been dealing with NETSTRATA for the last 2 ½ years. In that time NETSTRATA have demonstrated a good understanding of our by-laws and sound competency in interpreting the latest strata legislation. Our strata Manager (Stephanie Gough) supports the committee in a professional and efficient manner, providing guidance and advocacy on matters pertaining to strata law compliance.

• 3 helpful votes

Worst strata agent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Don't use the tradie services Netstrata provided, including electrician, fire services, waste management, cctv, glass repair, plumbing, literally anything. These tradies will charge much more than the market rates and things do not get fixed. If your building has a BMC (building management committee) you need to watch out as you are likely to ripped off. BMC is common if your building has a commercial/retails shops. Netstrata will throw lots of expenses under the BMC expenses and this only shows as one line in your annual expenses report. The BMC expenses are totally untransparent. It's shocking to see $30k on changing LED/Light globes and $20k on fire services in our last year BMC expenses. Later I found out by googling, the electrician and fire services Netstrata used are owned by the same brothers in the Illawarra area.
The recent case is Netstrata presented three quotes for waste management. One of the strata committee member cold called one of the three companies and asked for a quote. The quote provided is much less than the Netstrata provided. Yes, we are paying Netstrata for such a poor service.
Avoid Netstrata at all costs, otherwise you will be getting quotes and doing work.
Do not believe the 5 star ratings here. Netstrata is busy putting good comments here rather than focusing on providing better service to the clients.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Extremely efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

In our most recent experiences with Netstrata, Tyson Major has been extremely efficient and good at his job. He managed to coordinate the work and repair of two plumbing issues in our complex in a very timely manner. He responds to enquiries and questions quickly, is willing to assist and is really great at getting things done.

Thanks again for your efforts in getting out plumbing issues resolved, Tyson.

Verified Customer

great account manager

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Our Strata Manager Meillie is very thorough, friendly and knowledgeable. she is also very patient with all our extra chatter during our AGM's. Nothing is ever an issue & acts on our requests quickly- thanks Meillie!

Our manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Our strata manager Stephanie Gough has been very good. When we first changed to netstrata we did have a few issues with some of our residents, who have now moved on.It was very hard for Stephanie being so young and having to deal with such rude people but she has always very professional in dealing with our issues.
She is very approachable and always helpful.
we are extremely happy with her.

Do not use these guys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Poor communication.
Charge for everything.
Charges for postage (thousands....even though its "Netstrata").
Charge for email receipts.
Non responsive
Don't really know the strata laws or twist it to cover their backsides.
Don't vet costs appropriately.
Play the blame game.
Don't advise of cost increase properly.

Absolute rubbish - Carlton NSW

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

We had our strata plan with Netstrata for over 3 years since our unit blocks were built, and they were a complete nightmare to deal with. Our managers got swapped around several times, and towards the end would barely return our calls. After several issues with our building upkeep, we were raising special levies for repairs and would get outrageously expensive invoices for minor jobs. When we complained about it, they decided to release us from the contract - it appears they were acting in the best interest of the builder.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Never fear Christine is here!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Christine Ashfield-Howell was very helpful in guiding me through the requirements in modifications to my apartment. I have to say, i thought the process would be tedious, however through her help, i found it to be very simple and straightforward. I cant thank her enough!

We can't live with-out Stephanie Gough !!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

having had several units for many many years I have had numerous dealings with Body corporates & STRATA Management nothing as professional or as pleasant as working with Stephanie

More than happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Netstrata Wollongong continue to provide an excellent and professional strata management service to our Strata Plan over several years, both the everyday, and special circumstances (including support throughout a long running legal saga, and the subsequent remedial building works for the building). Highly recommended.

1 of 17 pages

Hi Net Strata, We live in the 140 Church Parramatta building. Why is it that one of the two lifts has now been broken for over 2 weeks and there is no notification by on its status and an ETA on its repair? When do you plan on doing that?

RMPM asked on Jan 31, 2016

Answer this

Good afternoon RMPM,
we were notified last Monday afternoon that Lift 2 was not working and after contacting Schindler we were informed that the pit for lift 2 was flooded. A quote was received last Thursday evening and approved on Friday morning to pump remove the water and carry out the repairs. At this stage we have no confirmation of a completion date as the lift pit and lift will need to be examined for cause and damage and repairs carried out once Schindler is back in touch with us. A notice was sent last week to inform residents re this and had been placed on the lift by the cleaner. I will follow this up with them and have the notice reissued.
Regards,
Paul Kingsman.

Netstrata, in your recent push to raise your rating here, why didnt you ask all your clients? Or did you only pick the ones that you knew would vote well? Deliberate interferance to improve your score?

BC asked on Nov 27, 2014

Answer this

My personal experience has been extremely positive. Christine is very helpful and an exceptionally good manager. She takes the time to personally respond to any of my queries and she is always courteous, affable and good humoured even under pressure. I have a lot of respect for her and she is the best manager I have encountered.
It's also worth noting that the vast majority of people who take the time to write reviews are usually disaffected or irritated. Of course there are also people like myself who are particularly happy and want to share their positive opinion in a forum. Everybody should consider that before being unduly influenced by comments on an online forum. However, I would like to restate that my experience of Christine and Netstrata is extremely positive.

Thanks James, your response seems to be a blanket 'yay netstrata' one as per their recent drive (some of which are almost identical by the way, even though they are apparently from different people).

Your answer isn't really an answer as it doesn't deal with the question. This website acknowledges that Netstrata asked their clients to review them. It wasn't all their clients and I was asking why despite regular contact with our building (massive works underway) we were not part of this drive?

Yes, you are correct I was asked by Netstrata to undertake this feedback, which I have also done in the past on a number of occasions. I am very happy with my current manager, Paul and as stated it all boils down to the Manager you are appointed to look after your properties. In the past, Netstrata has had some managers that didn't really cut it.

In the past when I have undertaken surveys for Netstrata and were not happy with the managers performance, I definately conveyed my thoughts.