MOSMAN

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

That bad can't even give them a rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

On the 11/2016 we had an incident at our unit that required a total rebuild due to fire.
To this date 04/2018 it's still not complete for final sign off due to the incompetence of the strata manager.
It's got to a stage even the insurance has closed the books on it.
The project manager has changed twice & also because of their own incompetence, The builder has finished but won't return because he was just as useless.
They lack the skills to communicate between insurance, project manager for the builder, the builder itself, the owner & believe it not themselves, yes themselves.
It all stemmed from the fact they don't know what they are doing. This is through lack of expertise & laziness.
Countless emails not just from us but others to get things unrelated to this done. Ie. not knowing the units have skylights. Lack of response for broken foyer tiles. Not knowing that there was out standing insurance rent money owing to to the owner from B/c.Not reading her Emails & vetting Phone calls as to not answer them. This i can prove because i was able to get her personally by using a different number by being transferred to her by netstrata reception.
Even trying to find the paint color for the building was an issue.
Even stern words doesn't change their mentality. They are a waste of time dealing with.
Please Netstrata Don't respond back, They're like the wind, ALL BLOW!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Lenny, We appreciate the time you took to review Netstrata and are evidently concerned with the above-mentioned issue. If you could please contact our office at your earliest convenience it wo... read more »

Perfect Strata Management

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Netstrata was the strata management for block and they provided wonderful service to us. All issues were simply resolved though emails and calls and the team at Netstrata were really helpful in answering my questions and being very efficient in their team. The quotations were easy and simple to complete. I would definitely recommend Netstrata for their superb services and will continue to use them.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Justin, thank you very much for such a wonderful review, we really appreciate it. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan

Great...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Its a pleasure dealing with Netstrata.Nothing is ever too difficult.Very accomodating and easy to deal with.Very professional.Highly recommended to all.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Karl, thank you for taking the time to review Netstrata, we are very happy to hear such a great review. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan

Property Management Done Right

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Over the years of traveling and relocating, I've found Netstrata Management to have addressed a lot of issues on sites and properties where others have failed. Report and response, whether it is done through phone, emails or even their online reporting portal. My concerns have always been met in a timely manner, knowing that if my issues involved losing my swipe key to the neighbours throwing a massive party. My concerns have always been properly dealt with.

If you're looking for a professional group, Netstrata has my endorsement.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Vincent. Thank you kindly for endorsing Netstrata, we really appreciate it. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Finally a Strata Management company you can rely on!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Netstrata has been the managing agent for our building for about the last 5 years. My emails and phone calls are always answered and any issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. I would have no hesitation in recommending Netstrata. Very professional team.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Indy. We really appreciate the wonderful review and look forward to providing you with efficient service for years to come. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan

My pleasure Ryan. :) An incredible company to work with.

Meillie Wong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

I have lived in my unit since 1992. We have used several Strata Management Companies during that time with mixed levels of service.
May l point out that Meillie has provided excellent service. Any requests are put into action usually within 24 hours. Unheard of. Professional and courteous. Don't lose her!!
Tina England

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Tina,
It is a pleasure to read such a wonderful review and we thank you for taking the time to review Meillie and Netstrata.
Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan

• 2 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

These guys actually lie all the time.
They have outrageous charges and really look out for the developer of new blocks. They change managers and claim that someone is sick or dying. They put up levies without approval and drain all your funds so that you have no money to fix things or go after shonky developers. Even the companies they use are subsidiaries. Thousands of dollars every year in unsubstantiated postage. No wonder the strata managers drive flash cars. They even have fake people to show up apparently holding proxies. Its like dealing with the Mafia. Avoid these guys like the plague!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear John,
With regards to your comments above, we extend the invitation for your to contact our office and arrange to meet your strata manager to further discuss your concerns.
Regards, Tiffany Ryan

Netstrata = Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Thank you to Meillie Wong in conducting a professional and informative Annual General Meeting on 22/2/2018. As first homebuyers, my fiancée and I are glad to have Meillie assist us with our strata questions, and more broadly, address the needs of the lot owners. Netstrata has acted diligently, and in a detailed manner, to report on and manage the building, including updates on new by-laws. We recommend Meillie to others requiring strata management services.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Anthony, congratulations on your new home and thank you for taking the time to review Meillie Wong and Netstrata. It is greatly appreciated. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Broken bins have not been replaced for 2 months -Purkis Street

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Our rubbish and recycling bins have been taped up for 2 months as no one has bothered to simply order any replacements from Sydney City council.
They stink and attract rats and flies and you can smell it from the street.
Atrocious.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netstrata Official

Good afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to notify us of the bin issue at Purkis Street. I have passed this issue directly to your Strata Manager so that this can be actioned immediately. Pl... read more »

Netstrata Official

Further to the above, the issue has been identified and notice was given to our office on Monday 12th February. Your Strata Manager has since contacted your Council, and a Service Team member of Ci... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Extremely deceptive, grossly incompetent, lazy, lying, thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

All seems rosy until you scratch the surface. I have summarised some of our our experience over the 2.5 years of being with Netstrata. They dismiss everything. It is never their fault and constantly make excuses for their own incompetence. Their rating is high because they actively ask their ignorant customers to give them a 5 star rating. They are truly horrific and calculating. It is lengthy but worth the read, and I’ve saved the best for last so do read to the end.

Anchor Points – strata manager told the exec committee on the 16/2/2017 that they were completed, yet tells another owner on the 3/8/2017 that replacement of his drain pipes was delayed as Anchor points were only just completed.
Architect - services of an Architect were requested on 4/11/2015 for courtyard and Garbage area, and these were finally presented on 20/9/2017. During that time the strata manager stated several times that he is seeing the architect and will get back to us shortly.
Child window safety locks - window locks installation requested on 17/10/2016. Only half were completed on 14/11/2016 as the strata manager agent failed to provide the proper scope of works to the installers. On 2/3/2017 he stated that the remaining windows will be completed in 3-4 weeks. The remaining locks have NOT been installed to date - 8/2/2018.
Cracked concrete - builder to remove and repair cracked concrete on 4/11/2015. To date the cracked concrete has not been repaired - 8/2/2018.
Engineering report – report for courtyard repairs to be put out to tender on 14/11/2015. Report actioned 8/2016 and presented 17/10/2016.
Dept Fair Trading (DFT) – Complaint made to DFT 23/11/2016. Licensee misled and lied to DFT regarding ALL issues raised about Netstrata.
Down pipe – request to replace leaking down pipe on 29/3/2016. Down pipe replaced 5/9/2016 after owner stopped paying strata fees out of protest. Strata manager claims rain delayed the repairs yet roofers not requested until after complaint in August 2016.
Entry codes to the building - these were changed on 8/1/2018 without prior notice. An email was sent after they were changed.
Fountain – request made to repair fountain on 16/2/2016 and 3/8/2016, and owner told that it has been decommissioned (by the strata manager), yet it was never brought to the exec committees attention for discussion or approval. To date the fountain has still not been repaired - 8/2/2018.
Licensee claims to DFT that this was in scope of courtyard repairs and engineer requested it be switched off. ALL LIES
Front steps – repairs to be considered for approval on 4/11/2015. On 23/3/2016 the managing agent claims he has arranged builders to quote on repairs. To date the stairs have not been repaired – 8/2/2018.
Garbage room – managing agent to arrange a quote on 4/11/2015 for installation of lock, and finally installed after council intervention and numerous resident complaints on 2/3/2017.
Hot water system – a water leak noted to the managing agent in boiler room and the hot water system fails 3 weeks later. The strata manager claimed he called for a service and it was rectified yet there was a water leak until the failed hot water system was repaired.
Lighting audit – Audit of lights requested on 2/3/2017 as they are on during day and off at night. To date nothing has been done – 8/2/2018.
Notices – Notices not received, only reminder notices by email.
Licensee claims it was agreed that emails to be sent to owners. MORE LIES.
Strata Community Australia (SCA) – complaint made to SCA which they replied on 23/2/2017 that lies, theft, incompetence by a strata manager do not conflict with their code of ethics.
Licensee elected to SCA board on 10/11/2017.
Security swipes – strata manager to obtain a quote for installation of security swipe system on 2/3/2017. To date nothing has been actioned – 8/2/2018.
Side door – request on 4/11/2015 for side door to be changed to soft close as it slams next to residing units. To date nothing has been actioned 8/2/2018.
Owners corporation documents – request to obtain Strata roll I was met by 3 Netstrata staff, Licensee, strata manager and another heavy. They tried to tell me as I was not on the committee, or the secretary and due to privacy laws, I was not entitled to it. ALL LIES.
To obtain a copy of our managing agreement the strata manager refused to email it and I needed to make an appointment during office hours to obtain it.
Intercom – The strata manager claims that delays to its repair were due to waiting on parts, yet no repair person was called or visited the site in that time. MORE LIES.
Roof leak – strata manger notified of leak in ceiling of unit on 6/4/2016. Leak repaired on 18/7/2017. In the mean time mould approximately 1 metre in diameter grew on the ceiling which is toxic and can potentially KILL.
Wheel clamps – two illegally parked cars were wheel clamped in accordance with the buildings by-laws, and these were later removed from the vehicles and removed from the premises. The strata manager denied knowledge of removal of the Owners corporation wheel clamps four times, twice by email and twice at an AGM to everyone present. A police investigation into the matter found out that the illegally parked residents called the strata manager and he organised a lock smith to unlock the cars. The strata manager to this date has not replaced the wheel clamps.
Building insurance – Netstrata organise building insurance through a broker company owned wholly by Netstrata and charged us 48% brokerage fee which they did not disclose. Potentially they also receive 20% commission on top of the brokerage fee. We and every Owners corporation are paying double what the flat insurance fee would be.
In an SCA discussion paper who the Licensee is now a board member, section 5.8.8 states that Prohibiting or requiring the disclosure of commissions-
Yes, this is currently required by legislation and is also good governance to disclose commissions

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Michael R, We are writing in response to your review, and we are highly concerned with your claims that Netstrata is trading unethically. In accordance with Legislation, we have all correspon... read more »

More lies and deception from the kings of spin. Your dates and interpretation of the truth are so misguided. I suggest you use my log in details to check the minutes to our strata scheme because ob... read more »

Amazing Strata Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Micah Dodson has been a fantastic Strata Manager. He is very respectful, reliable and responsive even if he's dealing with a tenant. His services to safer community are admirable. He understands the importance of safety and security and deals with all matters strictly. He responds very quickly. I would recommend Micah Dodson as a Strata Manager who get things done.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Netstrata and provide your recommendation of Micah Dodson. Yours thankfully, Tiffany Ryan, Netstrata

Fantastic!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Always a pleasure dealing with NetStrata. Nothing is ever too difficult and I always receive quick responses and updates. Love using this company and would recommend them to anybody!

Comments
Netstrata Official

Thank you very much for the fantastic review and recommendation of Netstrata. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan, Netstrata

Very helpful strata manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I have an investment property and Michael Thompson has been our strata manager for a number of years. Over that period I have always found Michael to be very respectful, responsive and reliable. He has always responded immediately to any of my queries and requests. I do not live at my property, but I know how challenging some of the other owners can be there and I admire the way Michael has managed these personality clashes with good grace, respect and patience. I would definitely recommend Michael Thompson as a strata manager who gets things done.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Robbie, thank you so much for taking the time to recommend Michael Thompson. Warm regards, Tiffany Ryan, Netstrata

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Netstrata!!! RUN as far away from them as you could.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Not even worth giving any star to Netstrata. We love where we are living. Wouldn’t trade it for anywhere else, but, because of Netstrata dodgy business, we are thinking of moving. We have been paying extremely high strata levy for nothing. We have been ripped off by Netstrata and their associates from left, right and cantre. I am 100% agree with Alfred comment.

Our strata levy has gone up over 30% in one year. When we ask Netsrtata to explain, they would use the excuses of the new strata law. This is a whole lot of crap. We wonder where all our levies money has gone to. There are lots of unknown and unjustified charges. For example; over $20,000 gone to the BMC, but the job did not get done. For some unexplained reason from Netstrata, the money cannot be transfer back to our sinking fund. Where is it gone??? There are lots of unnecessary works got done where it has not been stated in any strata meeting or without the committee consent. However, important jobs could take more than 6 months to get it complete.

As commended by Alfred “If your building has a BMC (building management committee) you need to watch out as you are likely to rip off. BMC is common if your building has a commercial/retails shops. Netstrata will throw lots of expenses under the BMC expenses and this only shows as one line in your annual expenses report….”

Netstrata also has been cunningly sleeping with your building manager to rip you all off. Again, as commended by Alfred, “Do not believe the 5 star ratings here” or anywhere. I have never heard from anyone who have dealt with Netstrata give a positive comment about them. Most 5 star reviews are written by renters. They don’t paid the over charged levy set by Netstrata.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Netstrata is one of the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

As a strata lawyer, I have had many opportunities to work with strata managing agents in NSW and I still do. Netstrata is one of those managing agents that impresses me a lot because they are very thorough in the job that they do. They return phone messages and emails very quickly and are always working towards ensuring that the owners interest is paramount. Their service delivery is excellent and whenever they have instructed me, my job has been made much easier because of the thoroughness with which they provide instructions. In particular one of the managers at Netstrata Ms. Magdalena Tsonev is superb. She is so well versed with strata and the legislation that governs strata that whenever she has briefed me I never had to worry about making her understand some of the salient issues in strata law as she will always be aware of them and has often discussed them as if she was a strata lawyer. She is courteous, professional in her approach and down to earth. So folks if you are looking for a good strata manager who knows their stuff check out Netstrata and ask for Magdalena. There are other managers at Netstrata who are equally good such as Jack Liu and many others whom I cannot remember. They all know their job well and will go out of their way to help.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Mr. Shafiq. Thank you very much for taking the time to review Netstrata and your positive feedback on our Strata Manager, Magdalena. Yours thankfully, Tiffany Ryan, Netstrata

Wolli creek

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Not very good service with premium price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Strata manager sometimes would just make decisions without notifying committee. Do not attend the site at all nor arrange any meeting through the year although we have requested to.
They have also contracted with terrible cleaners that complain a lot and do very lousy job.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netstrata Official

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to review Netstrata. Please do not hesitate to contact your Strata Manager in regards to the issues identified above in the hope that it can be rectifi... read more »

Tyson Major

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

As a property manager, i deal with strata managers all the time and i have never seen anyone like Tyson major and i do believe Tyson is the best strata manager that i have dealt with.
every email that i sent to Tyson last week and today, was responded straight away and i did not have to wait or follow that up at all.
Thank you Tyson fr your help, if all the managers were like you, my job as a property manager would be much easier.

Comments
Netstrata Official

Dear Parisa, Thank you very much for taking the time to review Netstrata, in particular your Strata Manager Tyson Major. It is greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Tiffany Ryan, Netstrata

Carlton

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Never EVER use NETstrata !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Never EVER use NETstrata!!!

Terrible service with heaps of breaches. less professional ethics. Poor strata knowedge, never given you a correct answer. You have to find the awners from Fair Trading yourself.

Without EC's awareness and permission, the strata manager slinkingly spent over $12,000 on a bathroom leakage,and failed to manage it. She has been offically notified by the EC to hold some payments for the unauthorized work, but she again furtively paid it on purpose before the final date that Netstrata was terminated by our OC. Since we officially notified Netstrata they were terminated, this strata manager started rejected all enquiries from our owners, which was about 3 months before the final day. Lots of unknown charges happened when they handed the work to our new strata company with lots of mess. Not act as an professional at all. We are very happy to terminate Netstrata, sepecially when we had new strata on board and had a very clear comparison.

All in all, just keep Netstrata away as far as possible.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Supportive Strata Manager

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I am original owner at our complex and a committee member for approx nine years. I have worked with Stephanie Gough since she became our strata manager and have always found her professional, friendly and easy to work with. I commend Stephanie on her work during a very busy time over the past two years organising quotes for painting, remedial work and her quick response to other matters as they arose. Many thanks Steph you are appreciated.

Wollongong Office

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Tanya Edwards from Wollongong office provides quality service to our building and owners. She is prompt in addressing issues and not afraid to tackle tenants who are not behaving as they should, such as illegal parking, regular disruptive behvaviour etc

1 of 18 pages

Hi Net Strata, We live in the 140 Church Parramatta building. Why is it that one of the two lifts has now been broken for over 2 weeks and there is no notification by on its status and an ETA on its repair? When do you plan on doing that?

RMPM asked on Jan 31, 2016

Answer this

Good afternoon RMPM,
we were notified last Monday afternoon that Lift 2 was not working and after contacting Schindler we were informed that the pit for lift 2 was flooded. A quote was received last Thursday evening and approved on Friday morning to pump remove the water and carry out the repairs. At this stage we have no confirmation of a completion date as the lift pit and lift will need to be examined for cause and damage and repairs carried out once Schindler is back in touch with us. A notice was sent last week to inform residents re this and had been placed on the lift by the cleaner. I will follow this up with them and have the notice reissued.
Regards,
Paul Kingsman.

Netstrata, in your recent push to raise your rating here, why didnt you ask all your clients? Or did you only pick the ones that you knew would vote well? Deliberate interferance to improve your score?

BC asked on Nov 27, 2014

Answer this

My personal experience has been extremely positive. Christine is very helpful and an exceptionally good manager. She takes the time to personally respond to any of my queries and she is always courteous, affable and good humoured even under pressure. I have a lot of respect for her and she is the best manager I have encountered.
It's also worth noting that the vast majority of people who take the time to write reviews are usually disaffected or irritated. Of course there are also people like myself who are particularly happy and want to share their positive opinion in a forum. Everybody should consider that before being unduly influenced by comments on an online forum. However, I would like to restate that my experience of Christine and Netstrata is extremely positive.

Thanks James, your response seems to be a blanket 'yay netstrata' one as per their recent drive (some of which are almost identical by the way, even though they are apparently from different people).

Your answer isn't really an answer as it doesn't deal with the question. This website acknowledges that Netstrata asked their clients to review them. It wasn't all their clients and I was asking why despite regular contact with our building (massive works underway) we were not part of this drive?

Yes, you are correct I was asked by Netstrata to undertake this feedback, which I have also done in the past on a number of occasions. I am very happy with my current manager, Paul and as stated it all boils down to the Manager you are appointed to look after your properties. In the past, Netstrata has had some managers that didn't really cut it.

In the past when I have undertaken surveys for Netstrata and were not happy with the managers performance, I definately conveyed my thoughts.