Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Loving our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We found that the workmanship and build quality was great. We were very fortunate to have been allocated Gary Pellington as our Building Manager. He was on the ball and made sure that things were done properly and in a timely manner. Thank you Gary. We certainly couldn't complain about the service and support - all staff were very friendly and cooperative. We must also make a special mention of Samantha Lutey who spent endless hours making sure that we had the house design that we wanted. Thank you Sam for your patience.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Shezke, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and congratulations on the completion of your home! It’s great to hear Sam helped you create a home design that you love, and also that ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A beautiful, quality home and an amazing building experience throughout

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Our journey with New Generation Homes (NGH) began early in the year at one of their Display Homes, and is now coming to a close with our build having reached practical completion earlier this month - and it has been absolutely fantastic throughout.

Being first home buyers, we had literally hundreds of questions at the start, and no matter how big, small, silly or smart they may have been, every single one was answered patiently and with expertise by our fantastic sales consultant, Samantha Lutey. She was extremely quick, knowledgeable and helpful, going above and beyond to assist us wherever possible, including looking at blocks of land for our design. We had approached NGH based on the positive reviews on this website, and making Sam's acquaintance at the start reassured us that we had made a good choice (and things only got better from there!).

Moving on to Pre-Start, we had Isabella Carr as our Contracts Administrator, and the high level of service and assistance continued. Isabella's breadth of knowledge on both technical and cosmetic aspects of building was just staggering, and she provided some great suggestions whenever we were in doubt. Even after Pre-Start, her communication via Email was stellar, and she helped us all the way until we were totally comfortable signing the all-important final contracts.

And that brings us to the build itself. Wayne Pitcher was our sub-floor supervisor and Jamie McDonald our building supervisor. From the time siteworks commenced right up until the final finishing touches were applied, we were kept informed every step of the way via Emails and the @Home Portal. Both Wayne and Jamie were lightning-quick on Emails, and having the ability to contact your supervisor directly is a real advantage. We're a nitpicky bunch, and hit Jamie with a multitude of questions, comments and requests throughout the build, and every thing was addressed promptly and to our satisfaction - not once did we feel like we had to settle for less. Jamie was fantastic at keeping his tradespeople on their toes, and this is clearly evident in the final build quality - no matter how small or big, every single thing we reported to him for rectification was taken care of.

And last but not the least, we'd like to also acknowledge Zia Mayes, our Accounts contact, who like the rest of the team, was friendly, knowledgeable and helped make the financial side of things go as smoothly as possible.

Based on this experience, we would highly recommend NGH without hesitation. What we thought would be a daunting and difficult experience turned out to be surprisingly pleasant, smooth and enjoyable, and that is purely due to the excellent team of people we dealt with.

To Sam, Isabella, Wayne, Jamie, Zia and anyone else on the NGH team that had a hand in our build - thank you all so very much for our beautiful new home and for making this journey a truly memorable one! :)

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Rohan, Thank you for your kind words and congratulations on the completion of your new home! It’s great to hear that Sam, Isabella, Wayne, Jamie and Zia were able to make building your first hom... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great finish and well designed home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Truly grateful for another special home by Summit Group. An individually designed home by New Gen that has a special feel as soon as you open the front door and its not even furnished yet.
Well designed by Michael Ham-Field who worked with me until my goals were achieved. Isabella Carr your patience and tolerance with selections and changes is greatly appreciated. Paul Swarbrick my Construction Supervisor who has been so easy to work with - well organised, provided regular updates and has ensured the quality construction of my home. I have been blessed to have the support from all of you for this project - Thank you so much.
My thanks to all the tradies, suppliers and administration staff. You have all made the successful construction of my home possible.
Well done New Gen/Summit for your commitment to quality.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Lyn, Thank you for your fantastic review! As part of our “built around people” philosophy we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, so we're very happy to hear how much you enjoyed ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Awesome build very happy with the finished product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Had no issue whatsoever with new gen from day dot our new generation homes consultant helped us in change an exisiting plan to suit how we wanted our house with the contract administrator delivering a whole bunch of options in the prestart to make it that little bit more unique and a building supervisor that kept us updated every little bit of the way delivering an unbelievable end product on time!!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Justin, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear that our team were able to help you to create a home design to suit what you were after. We will definitely... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent new House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I would like to extend my satisfaction to the result and the quality of our newly finished house.
Since the start New Gen Home has been above and beyond on their services. I would like to thank Shannon Earle our sales consultant, who has been working hard and very helpful during the pre construction to design the house to suit our need and meet city planner requirement. Huge credit to Marco Palezza our site supervisor for his excellence works. He was very reachable and promptly answer and address any issue that I raised. He always promptly update and upload pictures of the building progress to the customer portal, which I found very helpful due to the distance of my current residence to the building site.
Thank you for having him as our supervisor which make our building process run smoothly and enjoyable. Very happy with the result and would recommending New Generation highly.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Yoga, Thank you for your kind words! It’s great to hear that from the very start you had such a positive building journey, we will definitely pass on your feedback to Shannon, Marco and the whol... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Amazing quality and service from start to finish!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Honestly can't thank New Gen and Summit enough! Was easy and super professional from start to finish! We would like to thank Luke Matthews, our consultant for getting us started and all his help even at the end of the build. You made the process smooth and easy which as first home builders is what we needed! Alistair Hunt, our site supervisor was also amazing and maintained our build went smoothly and kept us constantly updated with everything! Our home has come up beautifully and the quality of work is to such a high standard. We have now been living here just over a month and really can't fault a thing. We have so many compliments on our gorgeous new home and people asking us who we have built with as they want to do the same. We will continue to recommend New Generation Homes to everyone and are so glad we chose this company to go through building our home with. Big thank you to all!!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Bianca, Thank you for your fantastic review! We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, as part of our "built around people" philosophy, so we're very happy to hear that your buildin... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Disapponted

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

We have been holding up ourselves for a while not to leave a comment here but today we can’t hold anymore today. We decided to use NewGen was because most of the comments here are 5 stars and mainly because my sister bought a display home from them. We are now living in the display home while we are building. The quality of the house is pretty good so we decided to switch from Impression Homes to New Generation Homes. However, the service and the work they provided to us so far only worth 2 to 3 stars. Now we are having a major problem and the site supervisor is trying hardly and making excuses to convince them to accept the mistakes. He even asked us to choose a handover day in month without sorting this major issue.

Overall, our comment is “contractors not pay attention to details and not willing to rectify mistakes and try to get client to accept the mistaked’.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

HI KT. Chau, we're sorry to hear you are disappointed. I have sent you a private message for your contact details so we can investigate this further. Thanks, Nat (Marketing)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Exceptional Service - New Gen You Are The Best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

From start to end the service received from The New Gen team was Exceptional. New Generation delivered not just a house but a home. Glen Allen , our Construction supervisor was the best supervisor we could ask for. From the initial consult to the key handover we had no worries or concerns. We were so happy throughout the whole build and if we ever built again New Gen would be our first port of call. The entire team at New Gen should be proud of their customer service skills and professionalism. A massive thank you to Luke Matthews our Sales Consultant who guided us through the planning process and with his strong knowledge and expertise assisted us selecting the Ideal Block and House Design that suited us. Without his guidance and support this process would have been a different story. Isabella Carr, What can I say. Very professional with exceptional knowledge of the building process. Right through from Prestart through Construction phase her efficiency was incredible . Any time we called or emailed we were attended to quickly and all of our questions were answered. The house is amazing and such a quality build. I would definitely be recommending New Gen to all. Thank You New Gen. A Job Well Done. From Josh and Barry

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Josh and Barry, Thank you for your fantastic review! We love hearing feedback like this, and are so happy that Glen, Luke and Isabella were able to help you out every step of your building journ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Best experience of anyone I know

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

Been about a month since completion and moving in and have had no issues whatsoever, level of detail and care is second to none (even ensuring the details on the carpet on the stairs lines up as it goes around the corners), follow up has been great with calls and emails from the original salesperson (Sam was excellent! If you're lucky enough to have her working with you expect the best!) through to the Site supervisor, who are always available whenever you have any questions or want some information on the build process.
Jacqui was a great asset, always willing to follow up on anything I asked, no matter how small. John was great too, and having the site supervisors direct number was definitely a weight off my mind, knowing I could contact him immediately when needed while some other builders require you to go through their admin and can take days to get a response.
In all would definitely recommend to everyone I know (and have been!), they made building my first home a smooth and enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Kallan, Thank you for your great review, and congratulations on moving into your new home! As part of our "built around people" philosophy, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do –... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Outstanding From Start To Finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

New Generations was simply outstanding from start to finish!
Their designs, their quality fixtures, their amazing staff and customer service!
Our first home build could not have been any easier!
They never dropped the ball once! Nothing was ever too hard or too much to ask of them and they always went above and beyond.
They go the extra mile to make sure you understand everything and are completely happy, they answer every and any question no matter how silly you think it may be. The team know their stuff! They don't just palm you off to someone else, they take care of you and any queries or issues you may have. In saying this, we only ever had questions as it was our first time building so they always reassured us every step of the way so we knew exactly what the process was. We not once had an issue with them or a problem that had to be fixed. They make you feel important and not just a number, their office staff from the reception, to finance, to administration team, to accounts, to the supervisors are all so professional and kind!
We highly recommend them to everyone who is looking into building.
They are straight forward, honest and don't try to trick you into anything to get more money or something that is going to cost you more money down the track! The money we spent, was well worth every single cent! Everyone is drooling over our house including us! No one can believe that this amazing, huge, flawless house is our very first home! We couldn't be happier with the service and our home! On a scale of 1-10, I would say 20! We can't thank them enough for the most perfect home and building experience!!!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Samara, Thank you so much for your kind words! As part of our "built around people" philosophy, we love helping our clients to have a fantastic experience building their new home! I’ll definitel... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

New Gen is the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

New generation has recently completed my home build in Coolbellup. Where do I even begin with praising such a company. Shannon Earle is huge to thank for such a great experience and high recommendation to New Gen. From first contact to last hand shake, Shannon offered high professional and quality service. Being my first home I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Any queries and requests Shannon's efficiency was incredible, the tradesman organised for the job did high quality work in sufficient time and his constant contact allowed me to be continously a part of my first home experience. If there was any problems Shannon was onto it so fast that I didn't even have time to worry. Knowing his attention to detail and the way he looked after my home like it was his own helped me really enjoy it and sleep easy at night. The quality that has been put into the house has made my home look a million bucks! Only downfall is how hard it will be to find such a building rep like him if I decided to build again!
Can not express my gratitude to him and the team enough. One of a kind A class team at New Generation.
From an EXTREMELY happy client.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Danielle, Thank you for your fantastic review! We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, as part of our "built around people" philosophy, so we're very happy to hear how much you en... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

No fuss and great experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Our build had great aspects all round including communication with builders, supervisors, sales, design and admin. Everyone was very helpful. The actual tradesmanship on the house exceeded expectations. We had many compliments from other tradie friends on the quality of many aspects of the home. Everything ran perfectly on schedule, so we could easily manage our life around the stages of the build. I couldn't recommend New-Gen any more. What a great experience!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Mitch, Thank you for your lovely 5-star review! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your building journey with us and how pleased you are with your new home! As part of our "built around peo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

We cannot speak any more highly of the process, from start to finish. We only stumbled into Dave’s display home in Baldivis Parks at their opening day as a way of killing time with our kids one Sunday afternoon. But Dave was extremely welcoming, gave us a no-pressure run-down of what we were looking at (at this stage building again wasn’t even on our radar), and put us in touch with James at Westgate Finance. Both guys were patient with us as we worked out what we would need to do regarding Finance (selling our home, sorting out our available income) and the design of our potential new home. We chopped and changed more times than I could care to remember, but Dave was always back to us within a business day with the updates and changes to the plan. He was upfront with all costs (BAL, siteworks etc) and we always knew what costs/times/requirements we were looking at.

When we signed and Jessica took over, Pre-Start was a piece of cake. We knew where we needed to be prior (tiles/carpets) and the process was quick, smooth, and without any hidden catches, in fact, we often found we were entitled to more than we realised. We were assigned Isabella just into the start of construction, and while we only had minimal contact with her – which is actually a credit to the company that we didn’t really need to liaise with the office all that much – Isabella was only too happy to oblige with a few last-minute adjustments. The plans and costs were all handled promptly, and friendly, and there was no hold up to the process at all.

I need to thank Zia again for her patience with our account as well. We were unintentionally late with one of our payments, then the bank inexplicably made one payment short by $2,000, then I hassled her to get our final account as early as possible so that we could get the keys as fast as possible, and she always came through for us…always friendly, always prompt.

And John as our construction manager was outstanding throughout the whole build. My Dad, who has been a builder for almost 40 years now, and is absolutely the pickiest man alive when it comes to quality of trades, and construction procedures (I apologise to anyone who got stuck in a discussion with him over expansion joints, full-height openings or anything else), could not find fault in anything we saw as the house was built. John clearly has his trades down to a finely-tuned process…we never felt like time was being wasted, nor were corners being cut.

And for that matter, we never encountered a tradie on-site that we even thought ‘gee he’s a bit grumpy.’ The whole process was a breeze for us.

At the end of the day, it was 1 year and 10 days from when we first met Dave, to when we received our keys, and that included us doing up our previous house and selling it before we could start any of the official process with New Generation. And considering we managed to do it with four young kids and didn’t get divorced or kill each other, we owe it all to your team that made it all happen.

We actually moved in the day after getting the keys, have been there for just over a month now, and we still haven’t found even a small problem with anything. Not that we will be building again any time soon, but my wife and I have both mentioned to each other, that if we did, we wouldn’t even bother shopping around, we’d come straight back to Dave and start the process all over again. And everyone we speak to, gets told the same thing.

So thank you to everyone involved for giving us our dream home

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Grant, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed building your dream home with us from start to finish, as part o... read more »

LOVE my new HOME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

From start to finish the team from New Generation kept me so well informed of progress.
Chad Wise-Jarvis, my sales consultant, helped me personalise the room layout to suit my lifestyle and was always helpful with suggestions to keep the cost within my budget.

When construction began, I just LOVED being able to log into my own web portal at any stage to view the progress reports and PHOTOS, which were updated as soon as a new milestone was achieved.
Every one of the contractors/workers who were on the job were polite, extremely tidy and did a really good job. They all had pride in their work. My job site was definitely the cleanest and tidiest in the street.

Andrew Rose, the construction manager, helped me understand the processes and explained why the slab had to sit and cure, why it was better to do something one way instead of another etc etc. As I am someone who isn't a 'builder' everything was explained in a clear and precise manner which I found extremely helpful.

The build was completed before the expected completion date as Andrew was well on top of booking in the crew for the next stage of the build. He was also straight onto anything that 'didn't look quite right' when he completed his inspections and had the crew make the adjustments asap. He has a great eye for detail.

Now that I'm living in the home I just LOVE it. Everything works as it should and there's very little that needs fixing. I'd wholeheartedly recommend New Generation to anyone looking at building their own home.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Erika, Thank you for your amazing 5-star review! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed building your new home with us. As part of our "built around people" philosophy we work hard to put our c... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Just remarkable = House Proud Yes we are

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

We signed up with New Generation Homes in the middle of 2015 after seeing Celebration Homes, Ventura, Dale Alcock and Homegroup WA.

After having dealt with all of the above well-named builders and after going nowhere with them we decided to go and see the Sales Guy at New Gen after 2 of our friends had just moved into a new house built by Summit Homes and New Generation Homes.

On the very first day, we could see the level of professionalism and care (yes care) for what customer wants. We went in with the well-set mind that Summit Homes group have a good reputation and are doing things well. After initial discussions with Sale Guy, we were able to come up with a design of what we were after, funny enough it was the same house that we saw for the very first time when we started looking through display homes.

We made few changes to the layout (adding more area) and then finally we wanted to sign the contracts. At this point, we had issues with our Sales guy who thought that we were not willing to sign the contracts, on the contrary, we were all set on Summit Homes and wanted them to build our home. All in all the issue I escalated to Sales Manager (Chris Hopkins) along with senior leadership at Summit Homes who were very prompt to look into the issue and Chris took over our account from there on. We signed the contract with them and went for prestart with Cerys Loader as our account admin.

She has absolutely awesome work ethics and advice she gave us was remarkable. She knew that we weren't after an off the plan base house and went through a prestart with so many changes. Throughout the process, she was stunning and nothing was ever so difficult for her. She kept us in the loop even while we were waiting for titles to be released which was about 6 months away.

We also worked with Anthony Johnston (Westgate) who is part of Summit Homes Home finance team. He managed to work through changing scenarios to get us approvals and even while we were overseas he looked after our loan application as if we were just there.

When our land titles were finally released we were sitting with approved plans and complete design work out of the way, we were given the start date and true to their word, the slab was poured on that date.

Our site supervisor was Sasha and Glen who were really professional and provided us regular updates on the progress being made.

Our home was completed in Dec 2016 and we hardly came across any issues. We used building inspector at every stage and his feedback was very positive. There were few action items raised at final PCI which was also fixed within 10 days by Summit Homes given that it was also Christmas shut down.

I must say that after going through the process of building a home in the current market I would really question the people who decide to ignore Summit Home Group. I noticed after doing comparisons of almost all of the builders that they are bit pricey but also offer better specifications and most importantly better customer service. I was happy to pay a little bit of extra just to have that piece of mind knowing that if things go wrong there is a company with reputation involved.

There are a lot of companies out there who try to price bait you by offering 30K or 60K promotions, at the end of the day there's no free lunch and if they give you something at the start that also means that you loose flexibility to change thing or you end up with a quality that you may not be happy with.

Especially major builders like Ventura and HGWA throw away a lot of things, like designer doors, tiles, LED etc... these are often second tier products from overseas, so be very careful about what you get yourself into.

Building a house is a long-term investment and look past the quick promotions that a lot of builders throw out there, these are just tricks to get you in the door.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Sunny, Thank you for your great review! We're proud to hear that our team delivered on our "built around people" philosophy to put you first throughout the build of your new home. I'll happily p... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I have recently completed construction on my house with your company. I would just like to say thank you to the summit team, specifically Jon Rees my build supervisor and Justin Bryannt and Isabella Carr at pre-start for all their efforts and guidance through my first house build. Through the building process I was pleased with the high standard of service and construction carried out on the property. I have many friends in the building industry who would walk through the house at various stages to inspect the workmanship and comment on the quality of the work being done, along with the cleanliness of the site. Any concerns or queries I had were quickly addressed and resolved. I work away and Jon was able to wrap up the completion of the project ahead of schedule so I was able to be present for the final inspection myself, which was of great comfort as I would be away for the next 28 days. Once again thank you and please express this to Jon and Isabella on my behalf, I will recommend family and friends to consider summit as their builder in the future.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Steve, Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your building experience with us. At New Generation Homes, as part of the Summit Homes Group, our "b... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Such an amazing experience :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

We loved our entire experience with New Generation Home. From the initial stages of planning our house and determining what design and block was best for us with Troy. Then going onto prestart with Amy, and construction with John.
We really feel like we got our value for money, especially with the extras that New Generation Homes were offering! My partner is a carpenter and I was worried he would not be happy with the quality of build but he could not fault it the whole way along. The communication between New Generation and us was second to none. They promptly responded to our call, emails and message no matter how big or small the query was.
We are over the moon and in love with our new home!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Alex, Thanks for your awesome review. We are so proud of our team for delivering the best new home building journey. As part of our "built around people" philosophy we put our customers at the h... read more »

Simply the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Thanks guys (and girls) for doing such a marvellous job in building my Holiday home. From start to finish there have been no issues. I have attended site a number of times to check on progress and could not fault or find any issues. It is good to see the team actually focus on the clients needs and keep me informed by their easy to use portal. Well done.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Graham - thanks for the review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your new home building journey. I will be sure to pass-on your 5 star review to the team. They will all be so ex... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Would like to thank Chris for get the ball rolling with the plans ,
Cerys loader for a easy pre start nothing was to much trouble.
The build as been smooth sailing from the slab up . Collin has been right on to
Getting the job done .easy to get along with and addresses any questions. He has been great to work with a great group of trades that I would like to thank very much for for putting the time into my house as if it was theirs .
Well done great job guys and girls to every one that has had a part in the home

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Col, Thank you for your amazing 5 star review! We work hard to make it easy for first home buyers and are so pleased you’ve enjoyed smooth sailing throughout your building journey. I’ll be sure ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Simple and easy process, everyone has been extremely helpful from first appointment with Troy to pre start with jana and then colin our supervisor. Each really listened to what we wanted for our first home and were easy to contact if we had any problems or questions. Very happy with the results and would highly recommend, thanks guys :)

-Hayley and James

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Thanks Hayley & James for building with the Summit Homes Group. We pride ourselves on customer service and it is great to hear about your awesome experience. Enjoy your new home. Tracy

1 of 4 pages