Highly Recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

After so many years of renting, we never thought we would be able to buy a home in Perth, let alone plan and build one to suit our needs. Who knew we would be sitting and typing this review just 7-8 months after the slab went down? We keep having to pinch ourselves to believe it's true.

Once we decided we wanted to build, we visited lots of display homes and made inquiries with a few different builders. Some reps were simply rude. Others acted like a house sale was a simple, impulsive decision to be made on the spot, like buying the latest blender. One was so intent on getting our business that he put a hold on the block we were after and then tried to make us believe that another client had asked him to put a hold on it (and that he would only relinquish it to us if we signed with him!) Unbelievable. Figuring out who to trust and go with was a daunting process.

We persisted and found a company we thought we liked. We very nearly built with them. We worked with them to plan a design, however we soon found that every change we made resulted in a host of other changes being made that we didn't request - things being added, things being taken off that we really wanted, and thousands of dollars being added to the quote. The whole process felt rushed and difficult to understand. When we were finally given a list of the costs (on the day they expected us to sign!) we could see the finishes were cheap and items we specifically asked for had been removed. We felt really pressured to sign, but didn't feel comfortable to do so as we didn't understand aspects of the contract. When we inquired about some of the fine print they presented to us, they simply said it was ‘standard’ and that everyone else accepts it, so we should too. As first homebuyers, this simply represented too great a risk to us, so we opted to lose our deposit and go elsewhere.

We were pretty disheartened, but we ventured out and had a look at some other display homes to see if we could find an alternative. We stopped by a New Generation Homes display north of Perth, where we met Samantha Lutey. In stark contrast to every other building sales rep we had dealt with, she was down to earth and had a wealth of knowledge about residential construction. We had a copy of the plans we had developed with the other builder, and she offered to have a look over them. In a calm and confident manner, she compared - item by item - what New Gen would provide for a similar price. We were blown away. It was immediately clear that the quality and finishes would be of a much higher standard if we chose New Gen - from the floor wastes, to the gutters and the appliances. This was so refreshing, and we really value that Sam approaches sales in a way that is informative and respectful to her clients, rather than relying on gimmicks or dramatics like so many others seem to.

Sam patiently worked with us to adapt an existing New Gen floor plan, adding a couple of custom features to the elevation to make it a fusion of the existing plan and elements of our dream design. We told her about some design features that we had our hearts set on, and for a few grand extra, Sam and the drafting team developed an elevation specifically for us. When she met with us to go over the plan, we were blown away that she had listened so intently and included everything we had asked for. She gave us a full, itemised list of the costs involved and what they related to, so we walked away knowing what we would be paying for. There was no pressure to make a decision or sign anything on the spot. In contrast to other builders, she also made it clear that we could add or take away elements as we wished to; we weren’t locked in to, for example, installing an air con at that stage if we didn't want to. This was so refreshing, as the process seemed to be geared towards us signing a plan we actually wanted and were comfortable with.

The build itself was incredibly well planned and managed, and every stage was documented using an online portal. This made life a lot easier during the build. Our building supervisor, Paul Swarbrick, answered our questions in a prompt manner and was incredibly patient and organised throughout. We still scratch our heads wondering how on earth everything was timed so well, and how he kept up with so many different elements being worked on at once. The quality of the finishes and the workmanship is beautiful, and the ability to choose flooring, tiles, tap wear and appliances from trusted companies has resulted in a comfortable and stylish interior for the budget we had. We were also so appreciative that he timed everything with handover so we could do it at a time when we already had leave from work. The admin team, including Danica and Zia, were extremely helpful and patient, often at times when we were feeling really stressed or overwhelmed. We appreciated their help and efficiency throughout the build.

We love our new home and send a warm thanks to everyone who helped us to make it happen. We would definitely recommend New Gen to other first homebuyers.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Mack, thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves offering a seamless building journey and excellent customer service, so it's great to hear that you had suc... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

First Time Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

We would just like to say thank you to New Generation homes for building our first home! it was a lot easier than we were expecting and time seemed to fly by to key handover with zero problems. A huge thank you to Domenic Chiellini, Marie Vitanza and Gary Pellington who were helpful in every way possible, answering any questions we had and ensuring we had a stress free first build experience. We absolutely love our new home and we could not fault New Generation Homes and their staff in any way and would recommend them every time.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Erin, thank you so much for your kind words, and congrats on building your first home! We pride ourselves offering a seamless building journey, so it's great to hear that you had such a great ex... read more »

First time builder

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This was our first time building a home and we are truly grateful for Andy and Liz's help - the input of Chad regarding the design of the house was also much appreciated. Based on the Paramount 15, New Gen designed a 5-bedroom, 2-bathroom home, with a music studio, theatre, scullery and powder room to suit our growing family. When our first design was not approved by the MRA, Andy and Liz went all out to modify the design, making sure they kept within our budget. In the end, it was a better design compared to the original! Thanks Andy and Liz!
Our site manager, John, has been very flexible and accomodating and all tradesmen provided quality service. Building a family home of our own that meets all our needs is not as "scary" after all!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Ming and Sandy, thank you for your lovely message. We are so glad that you enjoyed your build journey with New Generation Homes! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Andy, Liz, Chad and ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Building Process with New Generation homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Just wanting to take the time from my end to say thank you to the Summit team for the overall experience that I have undertaken of the past 10 or so months building my new home. Basically when I made the first enquiry I received a phone call from sales consultant Natalie Scott the day after my initial email to New Generation Homes. Which was phenomenal and really put me in the mindset to go with New Generation Homes as I had made similar enquiries with other builders in Perth and didn't get the same initial customer service with responses weeks and even a month or so later.

Going through the selection process for the first time and by myself it was a little daunting as I couldn't really put a picture as to what I was selecting and on completion a couple of the selections that Cerys recommended really turned out to be a winner. (bench top selection for the kitchen, paving colour for the driveway and surrounding the house and little details regarding the bathrooms). Her availability via email after hand over of keys is something also that was much appreciated

Finally when meeting Brendan and starting the construction process he basically kept me at ease with the overall schedule of the build with his weekly updates and keeping in touch when I had a query or two along the way. It made the process seem quicker because It made me less inclined to go and visit the property as frequent as I may have without the consistent feedback/schedule updates. Once completed and the initial inspection completed by myself there was very minimal corrections that need to be made just a couple of touches which shows me the quality of the overall work.

I advised Brendan that I have spoken to work colleagues plus family and friends who all could not believe the quickness of the build but more importantly my description to them the quality of the work . I know of a couple of people who will be looking to build in the next 6 or so months and they most likely will look to be building with the Summit Group.

Overall the house design/colours have come up great considering the block is only 400 sqm and I was limited in what I could do on that size. After hand over i have applied some additions, landscaping, fencing and the finished product feels like a home. In the 6 months from handover Cerys was great once again with any queries i may have had and pointing me in the right direction regarding contact with the maintenance team .. A few minor defects were corrected in a quick and smooth time frame by the Maintenance team also. Rob was very helpful in explaining why a minor defect may have occurred regarding my situation (minor grout issue). I waited 6 months after handover before making this review as I felt the 6 months after handover were just as important and the customer service could not be faulted.

Regards

Raf Z

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Raf, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re so happy to hear that your building journey, and the first six months in your new home, have been so enjoyable! I have passed on your ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Building Process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

I just wanted to take this opportunity, and I speak on behalf of my sons as well, to congratulate Summit and New Generation Homes for the team it has in place that enables the building process to transition so smoothly. My wife and I have never built so this was a new experience for us well. The early stages with Troy Longmuir went well, then Danica Watts took us through the selection process without a problem. They were both very helpful.

Once the pad went down in November last year, Brendan Shugg, the Building Supervisor, has been a constant source of information providing us with regular updates on the progress. From day one, we’ve known a month or so in advance, what trades have been booked in and what dates they’re due to work on the house. This has been very helpful for us and the effort for Brendan to do this has been very much appreciated. It probably saves him time in the long run answering constant calls from clients wondering what’s happening next. To digress, my sister in law is currently building a two storey place with another builder, and never knows from one day to the next what’s happening at her place. They started building long before my boys house and it still a few months away from completion. It hasn’t been uncommon for the house to go untouched for a week. For the boys house, I don’t think there would have been two days in a row without a tradesman at the house. We visit the house almost every day after work and after speaking to each tradie (without annoying them I hope), the next to come along would say that the brickie did a great job, the plasterer did a great job and on and on.

We’ve not had any worry about the build and any query we had, Brendan was back with a response to allay any concerns we may have had.

The reason we went to Summit in the first place was that my good friend Marco Palezza was a building supervisor there and he said that Summit are a good quality builder. For us as parents, and for the boys, it wasn’t about getting a cheap house, it was about getting a good house. The house looks great and the boys said it turned out better than what they envisaged.

Thanks again for the great experience. Kudos to Brendan. My wife wants to build now. One day perhaps.

All the best and kind Regards

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi RST, Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so happy to hear that each of our staff members right through to our tradies have helped you have a smooth and enjoyable experience building wit... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

First Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Loving living in my lovely new home built by New Generation Homes. Being a first home buyer I found their customer service great from the day I went into discuss what I wanted to the day I was handed my keys. Dealing with Jarrod Wilson as my sales consultant he was patient with me being a first home buyer and answered all my questions putting my mind at ease in taking this big step, he also helped me design a house that I will be happy with for many years to come.

During Pre Start I dealt with Isabella Carr and she made pre start seem like a walk in the park. Her knowledge was superb and helped me with some of the more difficult decisions. Isabella also helped me with any questions I had and was quick at returning emails and calls where required.

During my build process I had Alistair Hunt as my Build Supervisor. Again I can not fault the customer service I received. Alistair kept me updated throughout the process and answered any questions I had quickly and efficiently. During the build process there where set backs that where unforeseen and could not be helped. Alistair handled these in a timely manner and managed to get the build done in the timeframe he had set at the start. Alistair was also great at keeping my mind at ease and discussing any issues I had come across at the property. I also found the build team great and friendly they where happy to have a quick chat when myself or family popped past during the build and where always warm, welcoming and professional.

I would highly recommend building with New Generation homes. I am appreciative to the whole team involved in the building process of my house and as a first home buyer could not have asked for a more enjoyable journey. Even the small stresses seemed not as big due to the supportive and friendly staff. I am completely loving my new home each day.

I owe a big thank you to all involved in the creation of my home.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi TLee, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, and congratulations on moving in to your new home. It's great to hear that our team was able to support you at every step of you... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Loving our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We found that the workmanship and build quality was great. We were very fortunate to have been allocated Gary Pellington as our Building Manager. He was on the ball and made sure that things were done properly and in a timely manner. Thank you Gary. We certainly couldn't complain about the service and support - all staff were very friendly and cooperative. We must also make a special mention of Samantha Lutey who spent endless hours making sure that we had the house design that we wanted. Thank you Sam for your patience.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Shezke, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and congratulations on the completion of your home! It’s great to hear Sam helped you create a home design that you love, and also that ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A beautiful, quality home and an amazing building experience throughout

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Our journey with New Generation Homes (NGH) began early in the year at one of their Display Homes, and is now coming to a close with our build having reached practical completion earlier this month - and it has been absolutely fantastic throughout.

Being first home buyers, we had literally hundreds of questions at the start, and no matter how big, small, silly or smart they may have been, every single one was answered patiently and with expertise by our fantastic sales consultant, Samantha Lutey. She was extremely quick, knowledgeable and helpful, going above and beyond to assist us wherever possible, including looking at blocks of land for our design. We had approached NGH based on the positive reviews on this website, and making Sam's acquaintance at the start reassured us that we had made a good choice (and things only got better from there!).

Moving on to Pre-Start, we had Isabella Carr as our Contracts Administrator, and the high level of service and assistance continued. Isabella's breadth of knowledge on both technical and cosmetic aspects of building was just staggering, and she provided some great suggestions whenever we were in doubt. Even after Pre-Start, her communication via Email was stellar, and she helped us all the way until we were totally comfortable signing the all-important final contracts.

And that brings us to the build itself. Wayne Pitcher was our sub-floor supervisor and Jamie McDonald our building supervisor. From the time siteworks commenced right up until the final finishing touches were applied, we were kept informed every step of the way via Emails and the @Home Portal. Both Wayne and Jamie were lightning-quick on Emails, and having the ability to contact your supervisor directly is a real advantage. We're a nitpicky bunch, and hit Jamie with a multitude of questions, comments and requests throughout the build, and every thing was addressed promptly and to our satisfaction - not once did we feel like we had to settle for less. Jamie was fantastic at keeping his tradespeople on their toes, and this is clearly evident in the final build quality - no matter how small or big, every single thing we reported to him for rectification was taken care of.

And last but not the least, we'd like to also acknowledge Zia Mayes, our Accounts contact, who like the rest of the team, was friendly, knowledgeable and helped make the financial side of things go as smoothly as possible.

Based on this experience, we would highly recommend NGH without hesitation. What we thought would be a daunting and difficult experience turned out to be surprisingly pleasant, smooth and enjoyable, and that is purely due to the excellent team of people we dealt with.

To Sam, Isabella, Wayne, Jamie, Zia and anyone else on the NGH team that had a hand in our build - thank you all so very much for our beautiful new home and for making this journey a truly memorable one! :)

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Rohan, Thank you for your kind words and congratulations on the completion of your new home! It’s great to hear that Sam, Isabella, Wayne, Jamie and Zia were able to make building your first hom... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great finish and well designed home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Truly grateful for another special home by Summit Group. An individually designed home by New Gen that has a special feel as soon as you open the front door and its not even furnished yet.
Well designed by Michael Ham-Field who worked with me until my goals were achieved. Isabella Carr your patience and tolerance with selections and changes is greatly appreciated. Paul Swarbrick my Construction Supervisor who has been so easy to work with - well organised, provided regular updates and has ensured the quality construction of my home. I have been blessed to have the support from all of you for this project - Thank you so much.
My thanks to all the tradies, suppliers and administration staff. You have all made the successful construction of my home possible.
Well done New Gen/Summit for your commitment to quality.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Lyn, Thank you for your fantastic review! As part of our “built around people” philosophy we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, so we're very happy to hear how much you enjoyed ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Awesome build very happy with the finished product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Had no issue whatsoever with new gen from day dot our new generation homes consultant helped us in change an exisiting plan to suit how we wanted our house with the contract administrator delivering a whole bunch of options in the prestart to make it that little bit more unique and a building supervisor that kept us updated every little bit of the way delivering an unbelievable end product on time!!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Justin, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear that our team were able to help you to create a home design to suit what you were after. We will definitely... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Excellent new House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I would like to extend my satisfaction to the result and the quality of our newly finished house.
Since the start New Gen Home has been above and beyond on their services. I would like to thank Shannon Earle our sales consultant, who has been working hard and very helpful during the pre construction to design the house to suit our need and meet city planner requirement. Huge credit to Marco Palezza our site supervisor for his excellence works. He was very reachable and promptly answer and address any issue that I raised. He always promptly update and upload pictures of the building progress to the customer portal, which I found very helpful due to the distance of my current residence to the building site.
Thank you for having him as our supervisor which make our building process run smoothly and enjoyable. Very happy with the result and would recommending New Generation highly.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Yoga, Thank you for your kind words! It’s great to hear that from the very start you had such a positive building journey, we will definitely pass on your feedback to Shannon, Marco and the whol... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Amazing quality and service from start to finish!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Honestly can't thank New Gen and Summit enough! Was easy and super professional from start to finish! We would like to thank Luke Matthews, our consultant for getting us started and all his help even at the end of the build. You made the process smooth and easy which as first home builders is what we needed! Alistair Hunt, our site supervisor was also amazing and maintained our build went smoothly and kept us constantly updated with everything! Our home has come up beautifully and the quality of work is to such a high standard. We have now been living here just over a month and really can't fault a thing. We have so many compliments on our gorgeous new home and people asking us who we have built with as they want to do the same. We will continue to recommend New Generation Homes to everyone and are so glad we chose this company to go through building our home with. Big thank you to all!!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Bianca, Thank you for your fantastic review! We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, as part of our "built around people" philosophy, so we're very happy to hear that your buildin... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Disapponted

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

We have been holding up ourselves for a while not to leave a comment here but today we can’t hold anymore today. We decided to use NewGen was because most of the comments here are 5 stars and mainly because my sister bought a display home from them. We are now living in the display home while we are building. The quality of the house is pretty good so we decided to switch from Impression Homes to New Generation Homes. However, the service and the work they provided to us so far only worth 2 to 3 stars. Now we are having a major problem and the site supervisor is trying hardly and making excuses to convince them to accept the mistakes. He even asked us to choose a handover day in month without sorting this major issue.

Overall, our comment is “contractors not pay attention to details and not willing to rectify mistakes and try to get client to accept the mistaked’.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

HI KT. Chau, we're sorry to hear you are disappointed. I have sent you a private message for your contact details so we can investigate this further. Thanks, Nat (Marketing)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Exceptional Service - New Gen You Are The Best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

From start to end the service received from The New Gen team was Exceptional. New Generation delivered not just a house but a home. Glen Allen , our Construction supervisor was the best supervisor we could ask for. From the initial consult to the key handover we had no worries or concerns. We were so happy throughout the whole build and if we ever built again New Gen would be our first port of call. The entire team at New Gen should be proud of their customer service skills and professionalism. A massive thank you to Luke Matthews our Sales Consultant who guided us through the planning process and with his strong knowledge and expertise assisted us selecting the Ideal Block and House Design that suited us. Without his guidance and support this process would have been a different story. Isabella Carr, What can I say. Very professional with exceptional knowledge of the building process. Right through from Prestart through Construction phase her efficiency was incredible . Any time we called or emailed we were attended to quickly and all of our questions were answered. The house is amazing and such a quality build. I would definitely be recommending New Gen to all. Thank You New Gen. A Job Well Done. From Josh and Barry

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Josh and Barry, Thank you for your fantastic review! We love hearing feedback like this, and are so happy that Glen, Luke and Isabella were able to help you out every step of your building journ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Best experience of anyone I know

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

Been about a month since completion and moving in and have had no issues whatsoever, level of detail and care is second to none (even ensuring the details on the carpet on the stairs lines up as it goes around the corners), follow up has been great with calls and emails from the original salesperson (Sam was excellent! If you're lucky enough to have her working with you expect the best!) through to the Site supervisor, who are always available whenever you have any questions or want some information on the build process.
Jacqui was a great asset, always willing to follow up on anything I asked, no matter how small. John was great too, and having the site supervisors direct number was definitely a weight off my mind, knowing I could contact him immediately when needed while some other builders require you to go through their admin and can take days to get a response.
In all would definitely recommend to everyone I know (and have been!), they made building my first home a smooth and enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Kallan, Thank you for your great review, and congratulations on moving into your new home! As part of our "built around people" philosophy, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do –... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Outstanding From Start To Finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

New Generations was simply outstanding from start to finish!
Their designs, their quality fixtures, their amazing staff and customer service!
Our first home build could not have been any easier!
They never dropped the ball once! Nothing was ever too hard or too much to ask of them and they always went above and beyond.
They go the extra mile to make sure you understand everything and are completely happy, they answer every and any question no matter how silly you think it may be. The team know their stuff! They don't just palm you off to someone else, they take care of you and any queries or issues you may have. In saying this, we only ever had questions as it was our first time building so they always reassured us every step of the way so we knew exactly what the process was. We not once had an issue with them or a problem that had to be fixed. They make you feel important and not just a number, their office staff from the reception, to finance, to administration team, to accounts, to the supervisors are all so professional and kind!
We highly recommend them to everyone who is looking into building.
They are straight forward, honest and don't try to trick you into anything to get more money or something that is going to cost you more money down the track! The money we spent, was well worth every single cent! Everyone is drooling over our house including us! No one can believe that this amazing, huge, flawless house is our very first home! We couldn't be happier with the service and our home! On a scale of 1-10, I would say 20! We can't thank them enough for the most perfect home and building experience!!!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Samara, Thank you so much for your kind words! As part of our "built around people" philosophy, we love helping our clients to have a fantastic experience building their new home! I’ll definitel... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

New Gen is the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

New generation has recently completed my home build in Coolbellup. Where do I even begin with praising such a company. Shannon Earle is huge to thank for such a great experience and high recommendation to New Gen. From first contact to last hand shake, Shannon offered high professional and quality service. Being my first home I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Any queries and requests Shannon's efficiency was incredible, the tradesman organised for the job did high quality work in sufficient time and his constant contact allowed me to be continously a part of my first home experience. If there was any problems Shannon was onto it so fast that I didn't even have time to worry. Knowing his attention to detail and the way he looked after my home like it was his own helped me really enjoy it and sleep easy at night. The quality that has been put into the house has made my home look a million bucks! Only downfall is how hard it will be to find such a building rep like him if I decided to build again!
Can not express my gratitude to him and the team enough. One of a kind A class team at New Generation.
From an EXTREMELY happy client.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Danielle, Thank you for your fantastic review! We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, as part of our "built around people" philosophy, so we're very happy to hear how much you en... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

No fuss and great experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Our build had great aspects all round including communication with builders, supervisors, sales, design and admin. Everyone was very helpful. The actual tradesmanship on the house exceeded expectations. We had many compliments from other tradie friends on the quality of many aspects of the home. Everything ran perfectly on schedule, so we could easily manage our life around the stages of the build. I couldn't recommend New-Gen any more. What a great experience!

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Mitch, Thank you for your lovely 5-star review! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your building journey with us and how pleased you are with your new home! As part of our "built around peo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

We cannot speak any more highly of the process, from start to finish. We only stumbled into Dave’s display home in Baldivis Parks at their opening day as a way of killing time with our kids one Sunday afternoon. But Dave was extremely welcoming, gave us a no-pressure run-down of what we were looking at (at this stage building again wasn’t even on our radar), and put us in touch with James at Westgate Finance. Both guys were patient with us as we worked out what we would need to do regarding Finance (selling our home, sorting out our available income) and the design of our potential new home. We chopped and changed more times than I could care to remember, but Dave was always back to us within a business day with the updates and changes to the plan. He was upfront with all costs (BAL, siteworks etc) and we always knew what costs/times/requirements we were looking at.

When we signed and Jessica took over, Pre-Start was a piece of cake. We knew where we needed to be prior (tiles/carpets) and the process was quick, smooth, and without any hidden catches, in fact, we often found we were entitled to more than we realised. We were assigned Isabella just into the start of construction, and while we only had minimal contact with her – which is actually a credit to the company that we didn’t really need to liaise with the office all that much – Isabella was only too happy to oblige with a few last-minute adjustments. The plans and costs were all handled promptly, and friendly, and there was no hold up to the process at all.

I need to thank Zia again for her patience with our account as well. We were unintentionally late with one of our payments, then the bank inexplicably made one payment short by $2,000, then I hassled her to get our final account as early as possible so that we could get the keys as fast as possible, and she always came through for us…always friendly, always prompt.

And John as our construction manager was outstanding throughout the whole build. My Dad, who has been a builder for almost 40 years now, and is absolutely the pickiest man alive when it comes to quality of trades, and construction procedures (I apologise to anyone who got stuck in a discussion with him over expansion joints, full-height openings or anything else), could not find fault in anything we saw as the house was built. John clearly has his trades down to a finely-tuned process…we never felt like time was being wasted, nor were corners being cut.

And for that matter, we never encountered a tradie on-site that we even thought ‘gee he’s a bit grumpy.’ The whole process was a breeze for us.

At the end of the day, it was 1 year and 10 days from when we first met Dave, to when we received our keys, and that included us doing up our previous house and selling it before we could start any of the official process with New Generation. And considering we managed to do it with four young kids and didn’t get divorced or kill each other, we owe it all to your team that made it all happen.

We actually moved in the day after getting the keys, have been there for just over a month now, and we still haven’t found even a small problem with anything. Not that we will be building again any time soon, but my wife and I have both mentioned to each other, that if we did, we wouldn’t even bother shopping around, we’d come straight back to Dave and start the process all over again. And everyone we speak to, gets told the same thing.

So thank you to everyone involved for giving us our dream home

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Grant, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed building your dream home with us from start to finish, as part o... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

LOVE my new HOME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

From start to finish the team from New Generation kept me so well informed of progress.
Chad Wise-Jarvis, my sales consultant, helped me personalise the room layout to suit my lifestyle and was always helpful with suggestions to keep the cost within my budget.

When construction began, I just LOVED being able to log into my own web portal at any stage to view the progress reports and PHOTOS, which were updated as soon as a new milestone was achieved.
Every one of the contractors/workers who were on the job were polite, extremely tidy and did a really good job. They all had pride in their work. My job site was definitely the cleanest and tidiest in the street.

Andrew Rose, the construction manager, helped me understand the processes and explained why the slab had to sit and cure, why it was better to do something one way instead of another etc etc. As I am someone who isn't a 'builder' everything was explained in a clear and precise manner which I found extremely helpful.

The build was completed before the expected completion date as Andrew was well on top of booking in the crew for the next stage of the build. He was also straight onto anything that 'didn't look quite right' when he completed his inspections and had the crew make the adjustments asap. He has a great eye for detail.

Now that I'm living in the home I just LOVE it. Everything works as it should and there's very little that needs fixing. I'd wholeheartedly recommend New Generation to anyone looking at building their own home.

Comments
New Generation Homes Official

Hi Erika, Thank you for your amazing 5-star review! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed building your new home with us. As part of our "built around people" philosophy we work hard to put our c... read more »

1 of 4 pages