Review rating:

Lismore

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Excellent Cooktop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Very Fast and Efficient Cooktop. NW 200 induction purchase included an induction friendly wok pan. Appliance will be used when Caravaning. It can be used inside or outside . Quick to heat up and control cooking temperature. I am impressed with the performance so far and it's ability to heat different sizes of saucepans and frypans.

Purchased at: Victoria's Basement

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Instant Cooking

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2016

After reading numerous reviews I decided on a different brand.The one I purchased was available to inspect and was available locally so as no delay in delivery. The overall concept of a single induction hotplate is fantastic. They are fast, give instant temperature change, maintain a constant temperature, take various sizes of pans and can easily be used indoors or out, just need a power supply. Don't know what I did without one.

Toowoomba

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Efficient cooking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2013

I purchased a portable NW200 Induction Cooktop while in a rental with a very old, slow ceramic cooktop. The Omega cooktop has 10 heat settings (from 60 degrees to 240 degrees), a timer in five minute intervals and a lock function. It can cope with a saucepan diameter from 12cm to 22cm. It is very fast and efficient and I have been very happy with its performance. The fan in this unit it quieter than in a previous portable unit. It is easy to clean and my purchase came with an induction suitable saucepan.

+ Quick to heat up, good choice of temperature settings, timer

Purchased at: Your Home Depot

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hi, Maybe you can help me out. I bought The 5 Star Chef cooker and it has got set functions. The user manual say's to use the Rice setting, (1000watt) for cooking, once it cooks is slows down to 4... read more »

Hi Anneke, Your cooker rice setting sounds like it would cook for a time and then allow it to come off the boil for a time (a bit like a conventional rice cooker) which should work nicely. For your... read more »

What is the model number please?

gemmababe29 asked on Feb 06, 2017

Answer this

I have a Phillips induction hot plate. At time of purchase there was not a New Wave available to physically look at.

Can I cook in my camp oven that has a 30cm base diameter?

Harvey asked on Dec 05, 2016

Answer this

I just try my saucepans and provided they have a flat bottom they work. Camp ovens are great conductors so they should work really well.
Leonie

I am looking for a hotplate to cook jams on, I need a high setting to obtain a rolling boil, that stirring will not stop. Will this product do this with a large boiler on it?

slpinter asked on May 26, 2015

Answer this

The highest setting is 2000W or 240 degrees (according to manual), which should be plenty for jam. Hope that helps.

See all 5 questions about New Wave Portable Induction Cooker