Model: Queen Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Very comfy but a bit hot

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

The mattress is very comfortable and supportive, whether laying on my front or my side. However, with a duvet on in winter, it gets very hot due to the synthetic material. It is bearable, but a little uncomfortable. However, for the price, you can’t go wrong

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Tristan Cozens, We sincerely appreciate your feedback on your experience with the Noa mattress. Our design team is endlessly focused on finding the right balance between excellent value, premi... read more »

Model: Double Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Mattress,Great people and Great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I Just need to let potential customers know my experience with Noa.
I purchased a double mattress,it was delivered in 2 to 3 days,i used it for 30 nights and being only 60 kgs,i found it a little firm for my weight as i'm a side sleeper with a shoulder injury,however it is very well made and comfortable,i just realised i need a plush mattress.
I was very surprised how quick and attentive they were with their returns,i requested a return in the morning and the refund was deposited back into Paypal upon collection of the returned mattress once that was arranged by them.
So if you're looking for a solid comfortable mattress that's a little on the firm side,look no further i'd say.
Regards Dean.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Deano, Thank you so much for sharing your kind feedback on your Noa experience. The 100 night trial really is a great way to know whether the Noa mattress is right for you. We're happy to he... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Best mattress I’ve had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I’ve had my Noa mattress now for around two weeks. It’s the best mattress I’ve ever had. After years of waking up daily with a sore back, shoulders and neck - one night on Noa and I woke up with no pain! Unboxing it was fun to do, aswell. It’s quite soft around the edges and you sink in quite fast, but everywhere else is the perfect happy medium. Doesn’t hold body heat in like most mattresses which helps tremendously. My mum bought a $3,000 mattress earlier this year and wishes she never had! Definitely will be purchasing more for the spare rooms soon.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Jesse H, Please accept our most sincere appreciation for sharing your feedback with the ProductReview.com.au community. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying far greater sleep having r... read more »

• 63 comments
  • 15 answers
  • 128 helpful votes

Model: King Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Feels like there are no springs and worse than a 'non-spring' mattress

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I ordered the Noa mattress a few weeks ago - after trying several 'foam/latex' mattresses I Found that they 'sink' too much with no bounce so I decided to try a hybrid mattress hoping the springs will solve that problem. I am also a big fan of latex as the top layer so the Noa was the only that ticked all the boxes (In theory at least). When I unboxed it and tried it I found that it is worse than some of the foam mattresses I tried previously. The Edge support is horrible and I feel like I am going to roll out of bed even when I am 5cm in - The edge sinks almost completely when I sit on the side of the mattress and it feels as if there are no springs at all! The rest of the mattress is way too soft and sinks a lot for my linking exactly like foam mattresses are. I do not know what the springs are supposed to do but I do not feel them supporting me at all. I will give it a few more weeks to allow my body to get used to it but if it does not get better (which I don't think it will) I will have to return it. Lastly, even thought the mattress is advertised a medium/firm (for me at least) it is 5/10 in firmness which is way too soft.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Niko87, Thank you for sharing your candid feedback on the Noa mattress. We are continuously gathering customer suggestions across all countries in which we operate to further enhance the desig... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: Queen Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Better than my last mattress

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Better than my last mattress, very comfortable indeed. We had not purchased a new mattress for quite some time and glad that we did as this one great. Cheers Phil

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi Phil,

We really appreciate you sharing this feedback - we're so happy to hear that you're enjoying the mattress. Feel free to reach out anytime. We're always happy to help. :)

Jon C.

Exceeded my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

My sleep has improved so much since I got the Noa mattress. The firmness is perfect for me. I have no problem with it at all. It was delivered quickly and I got a good deal. I love it!

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Charmaine Luu, Thank you so much for choosing the Noa mattress and taking the time to share your review. We're happy to know that the quality of your sleep has improved and that the firmness ... read more »

Sydney

• 5 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: Queen Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great mattress, slightly tricky to set up

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I had an old mattress (a basic “Sleepmaker” inner-spring) which really needed replacing. So I did a lot of research, and decided to get a hybrid mattress; which is an inner spring as the bottom layer with additional layers of memory foam and latex on the top. I searched online for a good deal, and soon eliminated the bedding shops (where I got my previous mattress) because they were so expensive. The shops do have one advantage; they will take away your old mattress when they deliver the new one. But they were too expensive when compared to purchasing online!

My short list soon devolved into a list of three possibilities, NOA, Koala, or the Temple & Webster home brand. I ended up choosing the NOA mattress, because there was a sale on, so its price was very reasonable ($800 for a Queen sized) and because of its good reviews. Coincidentally, a friend of mine just bought a Temple & Webster mattress, which he found to be excellent, but he had one complaint, that it had a strong chemical smell, which took a couple of weeks to dissipate; I saw a similar comment about the Koala brand mattress. Some comments indicated the NOA did not have any odour, so I settled on it.

I purchased it online, and the website worked well. They have a warehouse in Melbourne, and the mattress was delivered in two days to Sydney. The delivery people were excellent too; a good website to track it, they phoned me when they were close, and they delivered it to my door without any problems, despite my apartment being hard to get to.

It’s a mattress in a box – it arrives compressed, and you have to (very carefully) unwrap the mattress on your bed, where it expands and inflates to normal size. NOA have a video showing how to do that, which is how my only complaint arises. Watch the video (https://youtu.be/SV5aooTvitw and on their website), you will laugh (later on)! It shows a woman unpacking, unrolling and inflating the mattress. That video is somewhat deceiving. Firstly, the mattress is very heavy! I got a Queen sized; a Single will be lighter. The woman sliding it from the cardboard carton is hardly credible. I’m a 60+ yo, 90kg male, but it took all my strength to get it out of the carton; I demolished the carton piece by piece to free it. Then I needed to use a trolley to move it to the bedroom. After that, I restored all the floor rugs that had been trampled, and had a cup of tea to recover my strength.

Clearly, setting up the mattress would be best if two people did it. But the video shows otherwise. And in an unusually large bedroom! That should have clued me in. Next in their video, the woman somehow levitates the mattress on to the bed-base, (the video omits the two hefty men carrying it there, which I guess is how they actually did it). I had a rest, and a cup of tea, (I needed it), after I got my mattress on its bed-base. In retrospect I should have removed the old mattress from the room first, rather than lean it against a wall. And in retrospect, I should have removed all the stuff on the bedside cabinets, and the blankets and linen from the floor where I’d piled it.

In the video, it shows the woman cutting an outer wrapping of plastic sheeting from the rolled mattress, and letting a thin compressed mattress unroll, still inside a second plastic sheath. Unfortunately, for some reason, in the mattress I got, the two sets of plastic were fused together. I’m not sure if that’s because of poor quality control in the factory in China, or else because shipping it to Australia across the equator melted the plastic layers together in the tropical heat. Anyway, cutting just the other layer of plastic did not work. I had to cut both layers, which were firmly stuck together. The mattress unrolled on its own and inflated. Luckily I got out of the way in time, only slightly wrenching an ankle.

Now, the video omits another important step. The unrolled mattress is upside down! In the video that is the case too. Then there’s evidently a cut in the video where the mattress is miraculously reversed; the white surface is suddenly at the top, not at the bottom. Now if I had been able to unroll the mattress as a separate step, it might have been easier to reverse the mattress. (Or else, as a tip for the unwary, unpack the mattress elsewhere in the house and move it to the bedroom afterwards, the right way up.) But let me tell you, reversing by yourself a very heavy mattress already on the bed-base is not at all easy!

Luckily, it was my old mattress, which was lighter than the new one, that toppled on to me during the process, pinning me to the new one. I was therefore able to claw my way out to freedom. Time for another rest break and a cup of tea. When I got my nerve back, I restored the status quo, and tripped over the bed linen on the floor. But it was only a slight graze up my leg, though the bruise is still visible after it turned an attractive shade of green.

I carefully got the new mattress up on to one side. Sweeping all the stuff accidentally off of one bedside cabinet. Trying to save that, meant the new mattress toppled over. Tipping the other bedside cabinet completely over. Nothing broken, apart from a light globe. Another cup of tea was required. I lifted the new mattress up, and got one edge on the bed-base. My back muscles have now recovered, thanks in part, ironically, to a nice new comfortable mattress. Another rest was needed, but I finished the cup of tea.

The new mattress was now the right way up. Hurrah! I was reminded that the ceiling light fitting needs dusting more frequently, but nothing broken there, though it can swing alarmingly, so diving out from under achieved nothing apart from toppling over the old mattress once again. But this time I could crawl much more easily out of the little triangular gap alongside the bed-base. Another cup of tea to recover. I restored the status quo, then pulled the new mattress, right way up, across to sit properly on the bed-base. I decided to test out the mattress by having a rest on it. Just for a half hour or so, until I got my breathing under control.

All done! Apart from righting the bedside cabinets, collecting and replacing the clutter that used to sit on them. Making up the new bed with all the linen. Finally removing the old mattress from the room, after it almost toppled yet again. Those now strengthened arm muscles of mine got another workout stopping that. Picking up the stuff from off the bedside cabinet again, after the old mattress removal. Another cup of tea. Another nap on my new bed. All done, finally.

A minor quibble is that the NOA mattress lacks any hand-holds on its sides. But it’s a bit heavy anyway for those to be of much use. They would have helped with dragging the mattress back on to the bed-base though.

Anyway, setting up the mattress, despite being a bigger chore than I originally expected, is not too important. Sleeping on it is! I’ve been using the mattress for a couple of weeks now. It is excellent! The memory foam and latex allows you to slowly sink into the surface. It sleeps just right in temperature, neither too hot nor too cold. It’s advertised as “medium firm” too, which I find is perfect for me. My research indicated that firm mattresses are good for back sleepers, and having medium firmness is perfect for side sleepers – I’m mostly a side sleeper, but the foam/latex layer on top mitigates the firmness, and the firmness helps with my back in the morning. Already my posture is better, and I feel great after a sleep on it.

So, despite the difficulty with getting the mattress on my bed, I am very pleased with it. I now realise I should have upgraded my mattress years ago. The NOA mattress has no odour, which is a known problem with other brands. Perfect firmness. The materials it’s constructed from seem high quality to me. There’s possibly a small quality control issue in the factory, as there were a number of loose threads evident. But for the price, the mattress is clearly superior, and a very good bargain overall. Just plan carefully how you will assemble it. My local council will collect old mattresses for free if I make arrangements with them, which I will be shortly doing.

I’d give the NOA mattress five stars, and it deserves it for the mattress itself, but I have to deduct one star for being tricky with the installation instructions.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Cavitation, We really appreciate you sharing your thoughtful feedback on your experience with the Noa mattress. From the unboxing process to your observations on the product design and your n... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: King Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Never slept so well!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I love my noa mattress! I’ve never slept as good as I have now that I have this mattress. My partner was having back problems and this mattress has helped speed up the healing process. Highly recommend! Super fast delivery as well!

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Sarah! We're thrilled to hear that you're loving your Noa mattress. We strive to delight each and every one of our customers and it is extremely humbling to know that you and your partner hav... read more »

Australia

Verified Purchase Model: King Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Fantastic for back sleepers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

The Noa Mattress is a very well made quality mattress. I have heard people complain that latex mattresses keep you sleeping hot. The Noa certainly doesn't do that. It is supportive and comfortable. I found sleeping on my back was the perfect position on this mattress. Partner disturbance was minimal. I found the mattress to be a medium-firm. Going from a traditional inner spring to the Noa you will notice it isnt bouncy, it is cool to touch and offers a great spinal support.
Tummy sleepers may find it slightly firmer as you don't sink into a cloud. The latex keeps you positioned on top of the mattress with a slight sinking feel. All in all for me it was 5 stars. The customer service, the whole experience, the sleeping. However I would love to see the noa release a pillow top version as it was to firm for my side to tummy sleeping other half.
I was so sad to see it go this morning. Considering replacing my queen and sleeping there ha.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Carlie! We're truly humbled by your feedback. Serving customers such as yourself makes us love what we do and for that we're so thankful for you sharing your experience. We do hope to have ... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Single Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great support and pressure relief

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Absolutely loved the feel of this mattress.

It has a soft feel, yet provides great back support and feels really flat to lie on, which is pure bliss after sleeping on a lumpy mattress for the past three years.

I can not give it a full 5 stars as I had to return mine because I am a 'hot' sleeper and unfortunately it did retain my body heat. I don't know if it was because of the latex, or the memory foam, or both.

But, despite that issue I would definitely recommend this mattress to those people who are not 'hot' sleepers and are after a mattress that is very flat and provides good back support, but is also soft enough to not cause pressure points.

Plus, the customer service was really good and there was no issues with the return.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Sarah F,

We truly appreciate the opportunity of having served you. Many thanks for sharing your feedback with the community.

Better than the Koala

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Had previously purchased a Koala mattress and found the Noa to be more comfortable and cheaper when on sale. Also didn't have the chemical smell the Koala had. The Noah really is the best of breed in the 'matress in a box' market. Highly recommended. Comfortable. Fairly quick delivery, although admitedly not as fast as Koala who deliver 'within hours'.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi George, On behalf of the entire team at Noa, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you're loving your Noa mattress! Please feel free t... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Fab fab fab.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

This mattress has been perfect. So comfy. Keeps the perfect temperature. Good quality. It’s firm which is great. I can’t wait to get into bed after a long day or a cheeky mid day nap. It came very quickly after ordering and set up was easy!

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hey @Verity, Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your experience with the Noa mattress. We're so happy to hear that our product's value, comfort and quality have helped you find great... read more »

Model: Queen Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Awesome mattress for not too much

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Great mattress havent had any issues in the time we've been using it. Was a bit worried with the heat of north Queensland that it would start to droop but haven't had any issues.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Dilan,

We really appreciate you sharing this feedback - we're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the mattress thus far.

Feel free to reach out anytime. We're always happy to help. :)

Jon C.

Model: King Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Truly the one and only

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

In 10 years, I have not had a good sleep like the one I'm enjoying with NOA Mattress every night right now.
Add to that, I got the material, quality, durability, and service at an incredibly stunning price.

I am rarely loyal to a product. However, NOA Mattress well deserved my loyalty. I love NOA Mattress.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Zaher Mukha, We sincerely appreciate you choosing the Noa mattress and taking the time to share this truly humbling review. We're thrilled to hear that you've found better sleep and have enjo... read more »

Model: Double Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Home away from home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

This mattress holds you firm but with no pressure points it’s just good all round. We got this mattress for out caravan and sleep better then at home .Next we will get one for home.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Dear @Barnie Nolan, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Noa mattress. We're thrilled to know that you've enjoyed the comfort thus far. We definitely welcome the opportunity of ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Jan 2018

So warm in winter

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

We bought this mattress to replace our traditional spring mattress and have been very impressed. Surprisingly it is very cool in summer and warm in winter.
It is firm enough for both of us without feeling like sleeping on the floor.

Comments
Noa Mattress Official

Hi @Matthampt, Thank you so much for choosing the Noa mattress and taking the time to share your review. We're delighted to hear that the firmness is just right while the temperature keeps you co... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Just wanted to say thanks for the no hassle return process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Just a quick note to verify that the returns process is really good. I purchased this mattress back in January. My wife loved it, I wasn't to keen on it due to it being reasonably firm and I have some shoulder issues at the moment that make sleeping on my side really difficult (and I am a side sleeper). The mattress itself is great quality and was really comfortable to lay on. Unfortunately my shoulder pain found no relief so I opted to return the mattress and go for something softer from a different brand. The return process couldn't have been simpler. I was expecting them to make me jump through hoops, but there were none. My main concern when purchasing the mattress was "is there really a risk free trial". I looked for reviews of the company to verify that they were good to their word and couldn't find any so here I am providing my own. It really was super easy and fast to get the refund and I thank NOA for letting me truly try the mattress. It really is something you can't do in a store so at least with this company it is a genuine offer.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great company, excellent mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I never thought I'd ever end up ordering a mattress online. My wife brought up this company and said we should check them out while mattress shopping.
The overall presentation was good, but I had lots of questions regarding the product as it seems unlikely to order this kind of product on the Internet. Anyways, with the 100 day return policy, We got a very prompt and detailed response from their support team. They know their stuff. After our payment the mattress was delivered within 2 days, which we were really happy about. We're extremely happy with our decision as it's a similar product as some of the more luxurious and pricy mattress we saw in the stores for less than half the price. Great deal!

Verified Purchase Model: King Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Good mattress & support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I love the mattress, it’s actually really good. Delivery took 3 days, which is whatever. I do like the pressure relief, and the wifey loves it as well, so we’re all good.

Geelong

Model: Queen Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Absolutely fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I've been testing this mattress for a little over a month now and I only have great things to say. It's extremely comfortable, and doesn't hold any heat. Would highly recommend to anyone on the market for a new mattress.

1 of 2 pages

King

Can anyone comment on the amount of partner disturbance you feel on this mattress? We have been sleeping on a King Size Koala for a month now, and every time my partner rolls or shifts in the bed, the mattress shakes from side to side. My partner is 80kgs and I am 60kgs. I don’t think this should be happening and Koala can’t help. We are considering sending the Koala back to purchase the Noa in the hopes it will be less shaky/bouncy. I wanted to know if anyone has tried Noa in comparison to foam only mattress and what your thoughts are.

Victoria asked on Sep 09, 2018

Answer this

Hi @Victoria!

Thank you for sharing your question. The Noa mattress was designed to minimize motion transfer and partner disturbance by incorporating a specific layer of 2cm transition foam between the cooling memory gel and pocket springs. We would also add that in contrast to several foam only mattresses with a thickness of roughly 23cm (9'') and featuring 2-3 layers of foam, the structure of the Noa incorporates more than 5 layers totalling 28cm (11'') which allows for partner movement to better transfer across a more solid build of premium materials. Hopefully this makes sense :)

We do encourage you to check out our reviews (both on our site as well as independent third-party sites) for testimonials by customers providing feedback regarding this topic. A final suggestion is to consider the type of bed frame you are using (floor, platform, slat-based) as this may also impact motion transfer between sleeping partners. Please feel free to reach out to our team at support@noasleep.com anytime. We're always happy to help

King

Price and delivery time, also want to know what does the warranty cover and how it’s different from ecosa mattress?

Gonerogo asked on Aug 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi @Gonerogo!

Thank you for writing us and sharing your questions.

The king size Noa mattress is currently $899. Orders ship for free within 2 business days and are typically delivered within 3-7 business days. Once your product ships, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number. We of course invite all customers to reach out to us by email at any time to provide them with greater insight into the status of their delivery.

For more information on our 15 year warranty, please see https://www.noasleep.com/au-en/warranty/

The design of the Noa hybrid mattress is rather different from Ecosa's (as is the case with many foam-only mattresses). We challenged ourselves to design and engineer one of the world's first, and only hybrid mattresses, delivered in a box at an incredibly low price.

Foam-only mattresses are quite easy to manufacture and package. Furthermore and based on industry data, foam mattresses traditionally (1) retain a little more body heat due to poor airflow (i.e. limited breathability due to adhesives between foam layers), (2) offer inferior support for your body as foam materials sink and sag over time (in contrast to thick-gauge pocket springs) and (3) provide less edge support. Specifically for Ecosa, based on your size preference, they are more expensive than Noa.

The sleep experience between a hybrid and foam-only mattress is quite significant, in large part due to the use of responsive pockets springs. The Noa mattress features orthopaedic quality pocket springs which provide greater support, bounce and breathability while also enhancing the durability of the product.

Brief, the best way to know whether you'll enjoy a mattress (from any brand) is to try it in the comfort and privacy of your own home. That's why the 100 night trial is so great. If the Noa mattress just isn't right for you, let us know and we'll schedule a free return pickup. Once collected, we'll donate it to a local charity and refund you in full.

Please feel free to reach out to our team at support@noasleep.com for more information. We're always happy to help.

Customer Experience Team

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Queen King Double Single King Single
Price (RRP) $999 $899 $899 $699 $799
Size Queen King Double Single King Single
Type Memory Foam, Pocket-Spring Memory Foam, Pocket-Spring Memory Foam, Pocket-Spring Memory Foam, Pocket-Spring Memory Foam, Pocket-Spring