Amazing transformed a tired kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Schedule for installation given. All tradies came on the set day and performed their duties.
Left the house clean and tidy, plus removed all the rubbish.
Polite, clean and maintained good communication each day.
Well done to all involved would recommend Nobbys and their teams.

installation of new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Pleased with the finished product - showroom staff and consultants were helpful and polite - trades staff were punctual, friendly, and extremely competent. Our house was always left tidy and neat. Any issues we raised on completion were attended to promptly and efficiently.

Castle Hill

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Excellent Product and Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

We engaged Nobby Kitchens to replace our 24 years old kitchen. By a notable margin, Nobby Kitchens was not the cheapest option but with the premium price came premium service. Unlike many of the cheaper options all elements of the installation were included except carpentry (eg replacement/adjustments to skirting boards and architraves) and painting. We opted to perform the demolition of the old kitchen because I wished to restore the floor under the footprint of the old kitchen. In addition to the kitchen, I fabricated a carcass to fit into a broom cupboard adjacent to the kitchen that incorporated shelving and draws. Nobby's willingly included the supply of doors, draw fronts, hinges and handles in the kitchen order to match the kitchen.

From the first engagement in the Showroom, through the Designer visit, Check Measure etc we were kept informed with comprehensive advice and assistance. Every appointment with Nobby staff and sub-contracting trades was forecast in advance by days, if not weeks and confirmed by a phone call the day before and a phone call shortly before arrival. There was no instance of a 'no-show' or a postponement across the 15 separate appointments required to plan and execute the installation.

During the installation of the cabinets I noted a panel with a light scuff mark that was only visible from certain angles. On pointing this out the immediate response was, "We'll replace it." I have an engineering background and was of the opinion that the screws that mount the handles were not adequately engaging the handles. Once again there was no hesitation in longer replacement screws being supplied and fitted.

As to the quality, robustness, fit and finish of the carcasses, doors, draws, panels, benchtops and splashbacks, I could not be happier. Once again, given my engineering background I can be quite pedantic about such things! Every tradesman that worked on our job was competent, experienced, neat and courteous. I never had the sense that any trade was on such a tight margin that they were looking to get in and out as quickly and expediently as they could.

Without question the strongest endorsement comes from my wife. I asked her if there was any element of the kitchen she was disappointed with or anything she would like to tweak if she could re-run the process and the answer was, "Not a thing!" Each morning my wife pauses for a moment to appreciate the transformation and revel in the grossly improved functionality and capacity of the kitchen despite it being on the same footprint as the old kitchen!

Thanks Nobby Kitchens!

We love our kitchen - thank you!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

We recently renovated our kitchen, butlers kitchen and Laundry. The quote was almost $70K so it was a big decision. Now that it is all completed, we are so glad we went with Nobby. It was a huge renovation and we were out of action for 8+ weeks due removing a wall, putting in a new window and renovating the three rooms. We chose a painted finish as we wanted a particular colour. We went with a marble Caesarstone and a range of imported appliances.
The showroom staff at Pymble were amazing. Pat and Sally helped me choose our finishes and the designer then put it all together. Seeing it on 3D made all the difference. We were worried about the project management as it was such a big job and we both work. There were a few hiccups along the way ( our fault and theirs) but our project manger was always contactable and would sort out any issues we had. My advice would be to be clear upfront as to your expectations. We made it clear we did not want to manage any part of the project and is why we went with Nobby.We told our PM it was his job to get it right and to his credit, it all fell into place at the ned of the day.
I was surprised how much dust and mess there is from a kitchen renovation so be prepared for this as well.
We now have the most amazing kitchen, Laundry and butlers kitchen. The quality is perfect and just the same as you see in the showroom.
We are truly delighted and can't speak highly enough about them and have already recommended a friend and family member. Keep doing what you are doing- we are so Happy - thank you Nobby!

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I do understand the magnitude of your renovation, and the team are very chuffed at the result. We are as equally excited that you love your new No... read more »

Not good!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

Yes, I agree with all the negative feedback! We’ve installed our kitchen more than a year ago... went through absolute chaos of 14 weeks instead of 4! Since then we had to constantly repair the Exhaust Ventilation System, (still not 100%) the cabinet handles all broken, and Franke Tap was installed incorrectly resulting in low water pressure! It’s an old and tired business! Surprised they’re still operating! #keepout

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi There, Thank you for the feedback and very interesting with your thoughts on us as a company? Its a first for someone to comment that we are old and tired? It is due to the longevity of our co... read more »

Verified Customer

Beware - There is a Chance Your Installation Will Be Full of Problems and Take a Very Long Time

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Our quoted install time of 2 weeks turned into a 10 week prolonged effort. Firstly, and to Nobby’s credit, we finally have the kitchen we designed and paid for fully up front. It is a great looking kitchen. When you get to spend time with the tradesmen and work with them at ground level, they are great, personable and accurate tradesmen. However, be prepared to invest considerable time and effort of your own to get to that point. You may have to ask some friends who are builders or tradies about what is happening if you are not sure. If you think something is not right, speak up right away, and keep doing doing that every time something is wrong. Be prepared to take several days off work during the months it takes to get it right, you have to oversee everything. The Project Manager is not just there for you, he is also there to deliver the kitchen for Nobby’s in the most economical way that he can see possible for them. Put simply, you have to be a co-Project Manager, where your priority is the best kitchen (given the design and contract) for yourself. Things will be forgotten and mistakes will be made. Parts will have to be re-made. It will take time, and, if there are problems, you have to give Nobby’s reasonable time and scope to correct and amend the issues and problems. You cannot demand it be done in 3weeks. That said, everyone at Nobby’s will always be particularly polite, and you should remain so too, but in the end there will be a thousand details that need attending to, and you must negotiate any that you feel are not fulfilling the terms of the design and contract, particularly the big ones. Stick to your plans, you will have this kitchen for decades. If, along the way, Nobby’s suggest that things going this badly is unusual, just nod, and stick to your task, get the details of your kitchen right, it is the only kitchen that matters to you. They will say that your house and old area is not square or level - yes, I think most existing houses are neither. That’s why you need professionals installing your kitchen, and that’s why it is not as simple as buying a few cabinets cheaply from Ikea and getting a few mates around to install. Finally, the big question. If we knew, what we now now about Nobby’s, would we choose them again. Probably yes. But we would be watching them like a hawk from the very moment of design (pick on every single detail you can possibly imagine until you have a headache), and watching the installation from day 1 and questioning absolutely everything with a detailed and critical eye.

Verified Customer

Fantastic and Functional !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Everyone associated with designing, measuring and installing all the different components of my kitchen knew their job, were most professional and arrived as planned. Various minor things went wrong but nothing was ever too much effort to get right. My small and inconvenient, somewhat impractical kitchen, now has more workspace, additional storage and easy to use functionality - and it looks Absolutely Fantastic ! Thank you everyone at Nobby's - I smile every time I walk into my kitchen !

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi Chris, Thank you for the positive review. It is always a pleasure when people take the time to write a positive review. The team thanks you for your appreciation with the result you have receive... read more »

After 9 months of using my Nobby Kitchen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

It has been around 9 months since I had my Nobby Kitchen installed.
The installation had some problems... the design of the kitchen blocked my access to the water main so they had to come back to create an opening. If a friend hadn’t noticed I never would have realised and I would have to take apart my kitchen each time to access the water main.
The cabinet measurements done by Nobby were short and they had to come back to adjust the cabinets (after telling me it was my responsibility even though they had measured it).
The Nobby team damaged my door frame and new flooring during demolition and I had to pay out of my own pocket for somebody else to fix these things.
Those were the problems during the installation of the kitchen. In the end it was finished weeks after the original end date due to the problems mentioned above. The hardest part was getting Nobby to come back and fix these issues as the company argued it wasn’t their responsibility and it took a long time for them to arrange people to come.
It has been almost a year since my kitchen installation. The quality of the cabinets is quite good and I have had no problems the electrical or plumbing.
However, the laminate bench tops have not held up and the joints are coming apart. Being less than a year old, I expected the craftsmanship to last longer, especially given I only cook 2-3 times a week.
Given the problems with the installation and quality issues, if I had my time again I would go with a different builder. Unfortunately Nobby is not a company I would recommend to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi Ann, Thank you for posting your concerns. To help us further to identify your contact details, can you please email me direct on Michael.pignataro@nobbykitchens.com.au? We are obviously here to ... read more »

The Upgrade we needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2018

Wanting to upgrade our 80's style kitchen to something modern but at the same time, wanting some structural work to slightly change the shape of the kitchen. Also wanted new floors put in with limited down time to not having a kitchen. Researched online, and checked out what Bunnings had to offer. Decided in the end to check out Nobby and glad we did.
The start of the experience was great, 3D design of what we wanted and how it could look. Picked our materials, made some slight changes along the way without issue or inconvenience to anyone. A preferred start date from us. We were then sent a list of trade schedules and it was all happening.
In 2 weeks from the time they started, everything was done, and we now have a fully functional modern kitchen.
Nobby arranged the tradies, and they all turned up when expected with a confirmation phone call from each of them the day before they were due onsite.
During the time, it included kitchen demo, professional asbestos removal, wall extensions, new doorway designs, plastering, all plumbing and electrical work, tiling and over 40sqm metres of new flooring. All rubbish was also taken away by them.
Quality of the materials used look great. Highly recommended for a stress free upgrade to your house.

• 2 comments

Disgusted service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Three measurement wrong, laundry wall ripped off which does not include glass splash back without notify client. The dishwasher and sink had to be relocated as all of service were still interfering with installation of dishwasher. Electrician noticed room size was approximately 500 mm smaller than kitchen design so difficult setting out power for appliances. This discrepancies caused further problem on the installation day. I lost 1m of cabinet space from Nobby original design. When they come to demolish kitchen Nobby did not provide any protection to my timber floor or furniture. They refused to put my wash machine back in the laundry.

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi Vivian, I must admit to being surprised to see this post, having been in conversation with you since we completed your project in January. I would also make mention that you signed final inspec... read more »

That is not true. I never request move wall otherwise I have to officially wrote letter to strata approve. pls tell truth do not mask and hidding your deceptive. Secondly I signed off after postpon... read more »

If you think you did “ good” job why delete I wrote whole story then make up your disgusting deceptive story to face public. Your Nobby actually very surprise me from what looked like a professiona... read more »

Verified Customer

Easy and stress free design process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

A colleague recommended Gavin from Nobby’s at Castle Hill to us after I’d mentioned we had been considering DIY kitchens (eg freedom, Bunnings, ikea) but were worried about the poor reviews we’d read online. We were very impressed with Gavin, who really listened to what we needed in a kitchen - he came up with a design that was exactly what we were looking for and then helped us choose finishes that met our budget. It was such a quick and easy process, especially given Gavin’s experience with design, he was able to help us get a nice looking kitchen without spending a fortune.

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi Kate, Thank you for the review. It is encouraging to see you had researched your options thoroughly when choosing Nobby Kitchens as your preferred option. There isn't to many companies that foll... read more »

Nobbys - our journey to date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

Our decision to rip out and replace what has been a perfectly good farmhouse kitchen for the last 22 years was a major one, because it has really been prompted by the need to replace the old tile floor. This has required a lot of careful deliberation over design options and because of the significant added expense, we have needed to make sure every choice would work for us in the end and that we were getting absolute value for money.

Of the four kitchen suppliers we went to, Nobbys at Castle Hill were the most informative and personalised from the start. The sales staff were never pushy but were very helpful in showing us so many design options and cost saving ideas, then the on site visit changed our ideas again - U cannot speak to highly of the way our design consultant Anna was able to show us the various options and sizing alternatives before we proceeded to a final check measure and fine tuning of the features we knew we wanted. We are very happy with the process thus far and while we know we are in for a period of disruption in the weeks ahead, we cannot wait to see the final result.

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi Bruce, Congratulations on your new kitchen and thank you for your review. It is exciting to see the joy in customers when getting a Nobby kitchen, and it is even more exciting when our customer... read more »

Kitchen hasn't lasted 2 years without pealing of draw laminate. 20k not even two Years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

The kitchen we have hasn't lasted the test of time. The kitchen draw laminate has already pealed. Kitchen is only 2 years old. Painful.

Comments
Nobby Kitchens Official

Hi Amanda, Thank you for taking the time to place your review. Please rest assured Nobby Kitchens will always use product of the highest Quality, and generally if this product fails there are stron... read more »

Love my new Laundry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

So happy with my new laundry! Nobby's Kitchens made it so simple from my first visit to the showroom. With a pre-arranged schedule and excellent tradesmen, it was stress free for me- can't recommend them enough.

Second time buyer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Nobby kitchens Newcastle Designed and Installed our new kitchen for our home in Merewether ,Newcastle .We we’re so wrapped with the end result!
We have since had Nobby Castle Hill do our kitchen for our investment property .
We could not be happier with the entire process!
Nobby made the experience effortless, enjoyable and the finished product was a stunning kitchen which was far beyond what we first imagined .
Thanks so much again to Nobby Kitchens Castle Hill for delivering such professionalism and for exceeding our expectations yet again . I highly recommend the Nobby way to all of my friends .

A fantastic team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

A beautiful kitchen by a top team. A special call-out to the designer, John B for his problem solving, the check measure and project manager, George D for his passion and dedication to customer service, and to the carpenter, Karl M for his skill and hard work. Worth doing your homework and stretching your imagination. Well done, and congratulation John H for such a wonderful team!

Why did I wait so long?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

From the moment I walked into the Castle Hill showroom and met Kim I knew this was going to be an enjoyable and easy process. I was assingned a designer and project manager who worked with me and gave me lots of suggestions I could do with my old kitchen space, the communication between us all was made very easy when you've got an expert team around you. I loved choosing all my fixtures and fittings from the showroom display which are top quality. Another great process is you get a 'schedule of trades' who come on the day they are booked and the tradesmen actually call you the night before to confirm who they are and what time they will arrive, from the kitchen removal men through to the plumbers and electrians and splashback measure and the installation of the new kitchen and rubbish removal, Nobbys certainly know how to make everything run smoothly and I would highly recommend this great Australian family company to anyone, in fact they make you feel part of their family.

Love our new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Our new kitchen is absolutely beautiful. From our first appointment in the show room, follow up phone calls, meeting with the designer, installation process. - we cannot fault Nobby Kitchens. A small hiccup on the day of installation was resolved in about 5 minutes by the project manager. Thank you Nobby Kitchens, will highly recommend you.

• 5 helpful votes

Very disappointing experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

If I could give less than one star I would. Very poor customer service. Kitchen was started 6 weeks ago and still not complete. Finishes are not up to the high standard that you should expect from such a well know company. Would definitely not recommend to anyone.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

My dream kitchen is now a reality thanks to Nobby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

From the first consultation to the final installation....we had nothing but professionalism and a great experience.

We had some big building changes with the kitchen - window removed and back door moved- and the builder was great.

Yes as with any job there are going to be some problems, but all were very small and resolved without any problem.

Our kitchen was short a couple of doors when installed, as they were not sent from that factory, but Nobby were straight on to it and were back the week after they finished to put them on for us.

All the trades were excellent and we have even arranged additional work on the.house with some off them.

Thank you Nobby for my beautiful Kitchen and am recommending to all I can.

1 of 6 pages