• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Absolute Saga

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Cunning operators or incompetent management with a cash-flow problem. A simple 20 mtr back-fence & front gate; a 2 men, 2 day job lasted 22 days. During this period 8 workers in different vehicles visited my house over 7 days; Absolute Saga.
I accepted the quote & paid 20% of the total price on 15 May 2017; the job was to start on 22 May 2017. Upon commencement of work you have to pay a further 50%. The workers rushed out, dug a few holes & put up a few posts, them I never saw them again.
The back fence was not secured so I sent an email of complaint on 30 May 2017. I got a firm reprimand from the manager ([name removed]) who virtually called me a liar, lame excuses and she promised a completion date of 7 June. The staged payment system makes it difficult to pull out; having already paid 70% of job price with little work done. With no bargaining power & threats of further charges + 15% per-day overdue payment; I shut up & waited.
The work was completed on 12 June 17; but there's more. The front gate opens out towards the road with the plan clearly identifying the gate opening towards the house. I had told the salesman that I wanted the gate to open in; believing that it's against council regulations to open out on the footpath. I was so frustrated with this mob that I didn't even complain about such an obvious mistake & paid the final 30%.
I wish that I had read the other reviews, which have a very similar trend.
If already sucked-in like I was; don't sign the final completion/inspection form when pressure to do so because you will find problems & surprises over the next couple of days.

Caboolture

• 1 helpful vote

Warning Nightmare ordeal

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Nothing but a nightmare dealing with these people.

Can't help but notice most of the five star reviews on google are from Northern suburb fencing staff... lol!

They didn't even bother showing up for the job and didn't call to say they weren't coming. This occurred several times before they actually started the work. I found myself having to constantly chase these guys around trying to get them to finish the job. They did the work in dribs & drabs and managed to stuff up too many things for me to mention.

The last straw was when the latches fell off the gate leaving the gate flapping in the wind. As a result the gate was damaged. The guy came around to have a look at it, in the end he agreed to fix it but acted like he was doing us a favour. He said he would be back the following day to take the gates away for repair and surprise, surprise never showed up.

These guys are quick to try and blame the customer for their mistakes and managed to turn a very simple 1-2 day job into a Never ending Sh#*t fight. The job still isn't complete as they still haven't fixed the damaged gate as agreed. In the end it's easier to just have a broken gate than deal with these people any longer.

All in all. Poor communication, shoddy work, no integrity whatsoever and complete nightmare to deal with. I would highly recommend these guys to people who I hate and want to see suffer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Don't care about their customers

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2017

After requesting someone come out to fix the latch on driveway gate, no one came, gate got broken in storm. They came to take a look, said they would get back to us. Surprise, still waiting. Once you have paid your money they don't want to help you. I would not recommend them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Work not completed as agreed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

We engaged Northern Suburbs Fencing to complete our perimeter fencing. The job wasn't completed in the agreed time period. They left the site a mess, not all the palings were cut down, and our builder ended up having to take away some of the concrete that we had paid Northern Suburbs Fencing an additional $400 to remove. Really disappointed they wouldn't offer even $100 back to compensate for us having to remove the concrete ourselves. Poor after-care customer service.

Shonky workmanship + cheap products ÷ poor customer services = bad choice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

If I could go back in time I would definitely not choose to use this fencing company. Don’t be fooled by the person who comes around to quote as this is not an accurate representation of the dealings with this incompetent fencing company. Promises a quality service but in reality nothing like what you actually end up receiving. If you choose this fencing company be prepared for disappointment and a poor quality result.

A disaster -would not recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2016

I thought all was going well with our timber fence -until they did not put the palings on straight. Credit to them -this was rectified. However it has taken 3.5 weeks and we are still not completed. They have taken 75% of the money and have no desire to complete it or tell us when it can be finished. They promise to come -then dont turn up. Do not use this company. I dont want anyone to go through what we have.

Couldn't be happier. :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2016

From the very start I have been more than happy with the customer service and and the personal attention that I received from all staff at Northern Suburbs Fencing. I received a ballpark quote within 20 minutes (a miracle compared to many companies who couldn't even be bothered to show up!) which after Gary came out to site, and checked my measurements and was within $20 of my final quote. A problematic tree was negotiated without an issue. In all my dealings with the friendly team of young men that came out to complete my fence, I found them to be polite, respectful and left my property clean and tidy. When dealing with payments and office staff I was met with friendly and responsive answers and a well oiled machine. For a small family business, I am seriously impressed. I definitely would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and have already booked their services for my investment property.

Murrumba Downs

Private message

Timber Fence - Good all round performance!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

Quick to quote, quick to start, good communication and good finished product. Not afraid to take on my tricky site and was a fair quote. A few minor hick-ups but was resolved quickly and fairly. Would definitely recommend. North Brisbane.

Brilliant Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2016

Our Glass pool fencing could not be better, we received our quote within 2 days the price was comparable (to the quotes that did come through, still waiting on some). The job was done on the day we had been advised the crew was polite and efficient and our pool inspector was impressed what more can I ask for.

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Satisfied Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2016

You never know who your dealing with these days so before engaging this company to do the work I noted the 3 bad reviews with a little apprehension and with some caution but now the pool fence is completed I have to report that I couldn't be happier with my dealings with them. Everything they said they would do, they did and done on time. The fence is constructed with top class materials and looks great. All representatives of the the company were really great to deal with. I too sometimes feel compelled to go to print when on the receiving end of very bad experience but on this occasion, feel compelled to give a good report when warranted - to balance the feedback, so to speak. I guarantee I have no association with the company whatsoever other than the work performed - so take from all this what you will.
Cheers,
Jumbuck

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2015

After accepting their quote in mid August and being told they would start the job in 2 weeks and that it wouldn't take more than a week it took 3 months! We already had to have them come out and redo a gate latch that fell off 2 days after install. They blame everyone other than themselves for their bad management and you will get a different excuse every time.... from the weather ( one rainy day caused a 2 week delay) , their contractors (they use various fencing contractors to do all the actual work), their suppliers ( but they don't even order the supplies until you have paid for them in full, at one point they had 75% of the cost of the job up front and had only put a few posts in). If you want a good job done on schedule go elsewhere. Once you agree to their terms you are totally forgotten while they suck up to the next victim. Poor form.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Extremely poor customer service, extremely poor construction, and extremely poor delivery of paid fo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2015

My engagement with this company has been both disappointing and problematic. Their lack of contact and commitment to basic customer service has been staggering… Their ability to ignore me as a paying customer has been a prodigious effort on their behalf – if only they had placed that same effort into actually doing the job they were paid for perhaps I would not be so aggrieved. As a business they seem to lack any of the necessary skills to schedule, organise and commit to delivery of services which they insist customers pay for prior to commencement of any work. This should, perhaps have been a first sign of impending doom… a company without solvency to pay for supplies before a customer transfers money to their account is not a sound business. I should have cancelled then, but, unfortunately (for me), the work was mid-point and I just needed it completed. What they delivered, however, was shoddy in the extreme. If you enjoy chasing down a company to complete basic work promised for completion weeks prior go with these guys. If you enjoy chasing down a company to rectify shoddy, sub-standard and outright incorrect work, go with these guys. Basically, if you want to bring disappointment and aggravation to your life, go with these guys. Nothing about my experience dealing with these clowns can be considered positive. Avoid at all costs. I regret my choice of giving this company my business and hope to help others avoid the mistake I make.

• 1 comment
Private message

Dont trust their online quote, and also be careful once they come to give you a "proper" quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2014

The quote they provided via this website was grossly inaccurate. When they came to our property to give a "proper" quote - the price was a lot more given that we had already done half the work ourselves. Despite giving the person from the company an extremely detailed and technical description of what we needed (my dad who is a builder talked him through it for over 20 minutes), then once work h ad commenced the company the gouged us for a further $150 saying that they had misquoted the second time as they did not realise they had to make adjustments to part of the fence regarding the length of the fence pailings (as they would sit atop a retaining wall). During the completion of the job, I had to ask the tradesman to re-do part of the work that we were supposedly paying extra for, as it was not done properly and looked horrible. While we are pleased with the final result, I would NEVER recommend this company again as they cant get their quotes correct in the first place and engaging them will result in you paying much, much more than you expected.