Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2016

Poor Planing and Customer service "No Star"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

We have build with Nostra (I should call No star homes) was a first home buyer we build with them thinking they are the professionals to do so, and never recommend to anyone. Sent few emails regards to the issues and requests. Most of the cases reply late or no communication at all or even reply with wrong customers details information to me.
House plan itself is very poor. The kitchen pantry can't use because you can't store or reach the items if stored. I had to buy a cupboard and keep in the garage for storage.
Living area is in an awkward position. TV wall was planned to the tiny hallway. We had realized and requested to change to another wall the power and TV socket. Yes they changed the TV socket and given a power outlet with an extra charge but unprofessional "no star" homes left a TP socket and power outlet in the middle of nowhere in the hallway wall, until to date we never use.
I have paid and requested a kitchen exhaust external vent but it was given to the neighbor instead for free of charge. Another poor communication.
Water dripping off the porch even from a minor rain/spitting. When complained few occasions, came and inspected, the answer was the roof flash is perfect and done according to the industry standard. What a standard. I live over a year and half still the same water splash in to the door step and wall. Even i have to remove doormat because the pool of water remain at the door front.
Few Variations made from them and got signed from us which suits and cheap for them. (we don't have any clue about building and construction and was the first home buyers). Front room outside walls supposed to be built with bricks in the original plan, changed in to hebal walls. Reason given was due to the nextdoor garage wall is coming up not enough space to carryout the work. (that was built by nostra too) however that house construction was started later and had room to do the brick wall if they wanted. More importantly that could have decided at the planning stage. Poor architecture and design. Gutter down pipes position changed and placed in to an awkward position at front of the door.
Concrete paving around the house has a slope towards the wall during rain i have pools of water around the house. Complained few occasions. During 90 days maintenance period, So called supervisors came and said that's not a problem for the structure and it's not bad as our neighbors house (build by them). But as usual done temporary patch work, Caulking around the house...and a drain cover. Poor [name removed] said this is all I was instructed and I can't do any more to rectify the problem. Had informed again. But that's their "no star" standard.
The communication from the reception was very poor. I had to wait over a week without gas supply to the new dwelling as per the energy company they don't meet the safety regulation had to put up a bollard.( Which I understand) Which was done by builder and informed reception by the supervisor in order to communicate and get my connection as soon as possible. Instead I had to call energy supplier and informed that the safety request been completed in order to get the connection. Energy supplier not received any communication until I have contacted them as I badly needed, but not the team no star reception.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hi Don, We acknowledge your review. Please note that we are equally disappointed to be reading your review and ask if you can email kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au with your details so we can make co... read more »

In addition, the coloured concreate foot path layed from front door step to street foot path it not aligned towards to the front door. That’s the great evidence of the quality delivered by Nostra... read more »

Hi Don,

We are yet to hear from you, please contact Kathryn on kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au at your earliest convenience so we can look into your concerns.

Many thanks
Nostra Homes Management

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Roof issue not fix and send me email closed case

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Summaries of the story, July 2016 I have inspected the house and the roof was perfect so I did the biggest of stage payment. Then it was a huge delayed on the finishing building the rest of the garage side. Supposedly the contract end on the 14/01/2017, I received the phone called said the house was badly damaged by theft broken in and they promised everything will be fixed as new for me. It came to the end turn key inspection there’s wasn’t a ladder so we didn’t check the roof. Of course everyone would advise you that everything is under warranty with no worries. So we moved in on April 2017. On the first week I have reported the very loud cladding noise on the windy day. From the promising they will have a look until to putting it as 90 days maintenance job. The noise was unbearable so I took a ladder went up to have a look, it was a joke to me to look at my roof was repaired by a square sheet with two sides caption. So I did my follow up reports, the maintenance coordinator kept saying the “repair is at the industrial standard”? Here comes the 90 days maintenance team they went up can’t even diagnose where the noise came from and ask me talk to the management about what they have promised me before. I did phone called and several emails, asking them to change the new whole sheet of the roof for my new house not repair. They ended up with no help and sent me a closed case from the 90 days maintenance job. After seeking advices from other builders professionals, I’m putting this case further action.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

It is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your Build. At Nostra Homes we strive to provide the best quality possible when building homes & providing our customers with exceptiona... read more »

From the month I moved till now. I believe I have done enough job to follow up and emails from you guys by pushing me to talk to one and another like hand bowling to the end with very unprofessiona... read more »

Hello Winna,

I'm glad to hear that rectification works have commenced and is due to be completed within the week. Should you have any further concerns in the meantime please feel free to contact us.

Many thanks,
Nostra Homes Management

Werribee

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Terrible is all i can say.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

October 2015 is when we officially signed with Nostra homes. This is where the problems began. Finally April 2016 the construction commenced and the slab was poured (6 Months later).
Our house did not look like what it was meant to look like on the brochure and what it was promised to look like at signing of the contract. The original plans are pictured with a roof over our front balcony. We do not have a roof over our balcony. Our house looks out of place and UGLY. Having no roof over our balcony results in having the elements of the weather effecting that room dramatically temperature wise. After many emails and conversations with managers and staff at Nostra homes regarding this issue, they are still yet to resolve it and they never will.
We moved into our house in October 2016. With numerous leaks - 5 separate leaks to be exact, no gas meter and some locks that did not work with the keys provided.
For approximately 1 week we had no gas - no hot water and no use of our stove for cooking, and to make matters even harder we had a brand new baby.
The problem only got rectified after I myself got onto the gas company to find out what was going on with the gas meter.
Almost 2 years on from signing our life away with nostra, It is now August 2017 and nostra homes has hopefully finished coming to my house to fix numerous leaks, cracks and every other issue under the sun. (Feel free to come back and put a roof over my terrace though). In 2017 alone, Nostra have been to my house a total of 11 times – that’s 11 times in 8 months - with no compension, compassion or apologies for the many hours and time that I have had to waste for them to come and fix their stuff ups. If you want a hassle free build with quality work and great customer service, make sure you go ELSEWHERE!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, we take your feedback very seriously. Your concerns with the balcony roof has been discussed in lengths with you, and has been built in accordance with your contract and plans. Could y... read more »

The 6th Leak has just appeared on my downstairs lounge room ceiling in my 11 month old home that nostra built.
Beware.

Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, our Maintenance Department are endeavouring to have this issue resolved asap. Please contact Kathryn at kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au who can be of further assistance. Please be reassure... read more »

do you have many different facades for double storey to choose from? only saw 2 facades in your website.

ellen asked on Jul 25, 2017

Answer this

Thank-you for you enquiry. There are a number of façade options available for our double storey designs, these are dependent on the width of the home and the lot. We can also allow some changes to our facades to comply with estate design guidelines and to make the façade suit your tastes. Please contact our office and ask to speak to a sales consultant or leave an enquiry on our website to request more information.

Hi Nostra Homes, Do you people custom build?

Sunny asked on May 20, 2017

Answer this

Thank-your for your enquiry. We allow changes to our own designs to a degree, please contact our office and request to speak with a sales consultant who will be more than happy to assist you.

What are thier inclusions as i can not find them on the website??

Ellie asked on Apr 04, 2017

Hi Ellie,

Thank-you for your e-mail.
Please contact our office and request to speak with the Customer Care Manager (Kathryn) who can e-mail you a copy of our standard inclusions.

See all 7 questions about Nostra Homes