Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I don't know where to start, terrible customer service, nobody knows their job, you will never get an answer to a question because nobody knows, lies, lies and more lies, they tried to charge me extra 3000 thousand for an apparent heating unit upgrade which they put in the contract as developer requirement, but when i checked with the developer of course it wasn't true. They picked half of the things and colors in the house themselves for me with an excuse that if i wanted anything different i should have told them. Million mistakes during the building process, they even forgot to put a wall which was on the plan, they always blame the person that doesn't work for them anymore for all the mistakes, and after i finally moved in the bad experience didn't stop there, after 1 months the water solar panel broke it took them 8 months to fix it and they even tried to convince me that it doesn't mater it doesn't really do anything, a year on the garage door wont open, the light in the garage you have to flick 10 times to turn on but they just sad its all out of warranty, even though they won't provide the warranty details. Also a million other things which i cant think of right now.
Also my sister built with them, even worse they put the hose to close to the neighbour which resulted in 6 months delay while the convinced the neighbour to sign of on it.
So my advice is STAY AWAY.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Dalibor, It is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your Build. At Nostra Homes we strive to provide the best quality possible when building homes & providing our custome... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

I could write a book on all the faults I had

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I’m 7 month into living in my property and I had problems once our land titled and still have ongoing issues now being handled by disputes
Darbecca Nostra errors
Walls out by 18mm
Not finding site peg then trying to charge but we found them in 2 sec
Staff leaving
Advertising with independent inspector included but they only instruct the inspector to check limited things. We got our own and had a huge report with errors such as uneven floors, walls etc not identified by Nostra inspector.
Delays for our independent inspector to check the home and turned up to home being not ready even thou told it was this happened twice.
Fly screen tried to charge twice as was included in a package.
Changes of 2 admin prior one fired.
Slab issues I discovered just before the pour.
Multiple attempts to level the floors.
Water leaking into our bedroom and still not fixed.
Damaged bricks
Roof tiles water but then blaming Foxtel.
Painting shocking be prepared at your final to spend hours with tape marking as they can’t cut straight.
Incorrect tiles installed in splashback kitchen.
Broken into 3 times during the build yet site manager didn’t lock windows.
Letting our power we pay be used by builders across the road.
Incomplete for final inspection again due to not being ready but told it was
No crossover causing damage to driveway
Stones coming out and patches with no stones in exposed aggregate.
Sliding doors not locking or sliding still to be fixed.
Rodents in roof space.
We still have multiple ongoing issues. Render incomplete. I can list so much more. I would not recommend Nostra.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the feedback on your building experience with Nostra Homes. We apologies that you feel we have let you down. Our Maintenance Manager has reached out and spoken to you ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Do not build with Nostra - a stressful waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Put simply, it was a dreadful experience building with Nostra homes. Staff are charismatic when getting the contract signed and initial quotes may appear better than other companies, but once you're locked in, the disappointments begin. We were continuously affronted by ridiculously hefty additional expenses, way beyond any reasonable costs we were already expecting from our previous work with other builders. Issue after issue arose (which were supposedly not identified in the original plans/contract drawn up by Nostra themselves mind you!) which demanded more outrageous payments each time...so much for a 'fixed price' contract!

Furthermore, extensive delays resulted in our small home taking close to three years to be completed. For most of the time, our half built home sat there with no progress at all. Communication was atrocious - no viable explanations or apologies, merely excuse after excuse; staff were unreachable when actually needed.

Workmanship of the contracted builders is unacceptable and of substandard quality, and we had to engage our own external inspector. Issues raised with the company are met with false promises to rectify them, poor excuses, or simply ignored. Work is supposedly finished now, but unresolved problems are numerous. We've given up on our home as the whole ordeal has been too much to bear.

Nostra are only concerned about getting your money, and once they convince you, prepare to be betrayed and left in the dark. They are the most ruthless and dishonest company we have ever worked with. For your own sake, stay away from these scammers.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Feng, Thank you for getting in touch. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job address in a ... read more »

Werribee

• 6 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Terrible is all i can say.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

October 2015 is when we officially signed with Nostra homes. This is where the problems began. Finally April 2016 the construction commenced and the slab was poured (6 Months later).
Our house did not look like what it was meant to look like on the brochure and what it was promised to look like at signing of the contract. The original plans are pictured with a roof over our front balcony. We do not have a roof over our balcony. Our house looks out of place and UGLY. Having no roof over our balcony results in having the elements of the weather effecting that room dramatically temperature wise. After many emails and conversations with managers and staff at Nostra homes regarding this issue, they are still yet to resolve it and they never will.
We moved into our house in October 2016. With numerous leaks - 5 separate leaks to be exact, no gas meter and some locks that did not work with the keys provided.
For approximately 1 week we had no gas - no hot water and no use of our stove for cooking, and to make matters even harder we had a brand new baby.
The problem only got rectified after I myself got onto the gas company to find out what was going on with the gas meter.
Almost 2 years on from signing our life away with nostra, It is now August 2017 and nostra homes has hopefully finished coming to my house to fix numerous leaks, cracks and every other issue under the sun. (Feel free to come back and put a roof over my terrace though). In 2017 alone, Nostra have been to my house a total of 11 times – that’s 11 times in 8 months - with no compension, compassion or apologies for the many hours and time that I have had to waste for them to come and fix their stuff ups. If you want a hassle free build with quality work and great customer service, make sure you go ELSEWHERE!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, we take your feedback very seriously. Your concerns with the balcony roof has been discussed in lengths with you, and has been built in accordance with your contract and plans. Could y... read more »

The 6th Leak has just appeared on my downstairs lounge room ceiling in my 11 month old home that nostra built.
Beware.

Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, our Maintenance Department are endeavouring to have this issue resolved asap. Please contact Kathryn at kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au who can be of further assistance. Please be reassure... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

New home feeling

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Living away from Melb we were worried about building. Nostra made this experience a dream. Communication with our site manager was great. He kept us updated. Since handover, any issues have been dealt with efficiently and without fuss. Our house looks great, a credit to this company. Thank you for your professional assistance along the way.... not to for the interior decorator. He helped so much with making choices that suit our house.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Doidoi, Thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice. We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

dream come true

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

High quality standards to my satisfaction..from beginning with Celeste modifying my plan to make my dream home a reality and all the team work at Nostra from slab stage to frame to colour schemes to fittings to personal touches and quality fixtures throughout the home. were well organised and built before schedule due. i would like to congratulate Paul Oliveri and all the team who contributed in hard work you all done a fantastic and amazing job, Paul was very prompt and always available, went over and above to assist and to follow up any concerns and questions of mine, he never made me feel lost of helpless, Paul always had suggestions to confined in me. Nostra made it all a fantastic experience with me from the whole outcome from begging to end. Thanks also to all the girls at nostra office Lauren, Madison, Katheryn, Rachelle, veronica, Ranee, Samantha; who all done an amazing job in guiding me in every step of my building process without any stress and always been more than happy to follow up any of my concerns of questions.

Bernadette

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Bernadette, We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from all our staff and that our team dealt with any issues promptly and efficiently. Thank you again for a great... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Perfect construction as expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

First time off the plan property, was always worried how good will be the builder & supervisor. Nostra homes didnt let us down, we signed up for the building contract on our second sitting (we had done all our research/analysis prior though) and it was smooth process since then. Firstly the price freeze guarantee for 12 months had given us piece of mind as our land was titled 6 months after it was suppose to title. The approvals & construction process started straight after land settlement & titling. We were notified on time during all stages, customer service was so helpful while the payment was delayed and didn't stop the construction.
I definitely have to mention about the supervisor (David Ventura), wonder how could he be so cool & responsive while managing tradies & other properties at the same time. David was providing all required information, never hesitate to listen to our concerns/queries and very importantly respond to our phone calls/messages. We thank you for your hard work & professionalism, appreciate the work done.

Few suggestions to Nostra Homes:
* It will be good to have virtualisation tool during color selection, which will give the home owners a great advantage
* Home owners online account to keep us update on the progress and any email communication/invoice/receipts
* It will be good to have photos of the framing stage to be used by home owners for future reference
* Pre-Final inspection should be done by Nostra homes & rectify all painting/any other issues than waiting for home owners to look for it.

Over-all we are happy home owner with a good quality built. Thanks Nostra homes & David V.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Prasath, Thank-you for your positive feedback and wonderful comments towards our team. We are thrilled to hear that you've had such an enjoyable experience and David was able to provide the ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Outstanding customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We are so happy with our new home!! The office staff have been an absolute pleasure to deal with, especially Madison. We had a few minor hiccups along the way however Paul and Nostra as a company always worked with us to ensure we were 110% happy :) Even after the build has been completed we are still having follow up calls to make sure we are going well.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Shannon, Thank-you for your positive feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that you've had a great experience with Nostra Homes. Hearing that our office staff and your site supervisor was able to... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

decent job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Quality is decent. It was not perfect. The timing was hard for me as well because I couldn't wait for them to fix the defects as I was in a hurry to get the house tenanted. There were some walls that are crooked, part of the bath tub was out of line and some sliding doors could not be opened using the keys supplied. The supervisor was easy to deal with and he promised to fix all the defects but the problem for me was the timing. I accepted the house even though there were some defects.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice and that we have delivered you a quality new home. Should there be... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Right choice

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Couldn't have been any happier getting our home built by Nostra Homes. A Smooth sailing experience throughout the journey. And our big thanks goes to Celeste, Kathryn and Laura who helped us choose the right home for us and Not the least the Supervisor Paul Oliveri, he was the best supervisor any home builder or a customer can ask for. Very prompt, always available went over and above to assist and make us feel important. The credit goes to Paul for me writing this review today as he has become more of a friend to us through the process. Never made us feel lost and helpless by giving suggestions out of his experience. I am sure he surely going to do very well in his career ahead and I wish him a very best. Would love to have him help us build our house if ever we build again. Our friends and family really likes the house. Thanks!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Pallavi, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. Your kind words and comments relating to our staff are heart warming and we truly appreciate your feedback. Pos... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

First Home Buyers

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Being first home buyers, my wife and I were quite picky in who we wanted to build with. After looking on the Product Review website, a lot of the initial builders we looked at had quite concerning reviews from a first home buyers perspective.

We spoke to a lot of sales people, at a lot of display villages and eventually found our way to Nostra where we spoke to Troy (who no longer works there). He was great and easy to deal with, not pushy at all and made the changes to the plan that we required within our budget.

Our site supervisor was Vince who was very responsive, always answered calls and dealt with any issues efficiently. It was approx a 5 month process from start to finish, and the team at head office really helped out in getting us in right before the office closed for Christmas.

Of course, not every build is perfect but we had quite a good experience with Nostra and would recommend them to others.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Building with Nostra

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

Building with Nostra started off fantastic. The sales staff bent over backwards to meet our every need and answer every question.
The colour selection process was easier than we anticipated with the help of Nostra's staff and Bec. We are really happy with our choices.
The customer care manager was able to see to all of our needs throughout the build, answer all of our questions and resolve any issues that came up. There were a few issues during the building process, however compared to most, ours were easily resolved. I won't lie and say it went without any stress, as there was, but with the help of the customer care manager we got through it and are really happy with the outcome. Anyone who walks through are impressed with what Nostra has built for us.
We are now at the 3 month maintenance stage and all of our needs are being seen to. It isn't a very long list. We have had extra things seen to, continuous support from the office/customer care staff and site managers and not one question has been left unanswered.

Celeste, Kathryn, Sam and Adam we cannot thank you enough. You really did look after us the whole way. We are very grateful for going above and beyond during the whole process. Nostra is very lucky to have you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

We wish you all the best in your brand new home and thank you for providing us with your lovely feedback. It’s pleasing to hear that your experience has been good from to start to finish. Hearing t... read more »

Verified Customer

Great Service with Excellent Results

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

We were a little hesitant at first building with a smaller builder, but Nostra changed our minds instantly, they provided great service from beginning to end. Nothing was ever too hard or a hassle, and in the end we knew we made the right choice.
Weekly updates were provided by our site supervisor, who clearly answered any concerns we had.
Their professionalism and enthusiasm is at the top of their class.
Staff are polite & friendly, always welcoming us with a smile. Responding to e-mails and returning calls in a reasonable amount of time.
The quality of the finished product was good and would refer anyone to build with Nostra.

Issues...
We had the odd teething problem as all builders do, but Nostra attended and rectified, this did take some time but we got there in the end. 6 month build time could have been a little shorter, but overall we couldn’t be happier and look forward to enjoying our new home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from your Site Supervisor and that our team dealt... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

A builder i wouldn't hesitate to recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Nostra were a great first home builder for me. All the staff are very friendly. Kathryn was always great to chat to and would always chase up any questions straight away. Selecting colours with Ken was very enjoyable, inspired you with confidence and guidance and the result was great. Our site supervisor Paul was awesome to deal with and was always keeping me up to date with the build. Trades were always very friendly and all done a quality job.
I am in the trade myself as a carpenter and Nostra produced a home I am very happy to live in.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Andrew, Thank-you for your 5 star review. We are thrilled to read that your experience with us was enjoyable. Building a brand new home can easily make you nervous but we strongly believe t... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

From Imagination to Reality!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I really enjoyed working with builders who are great at communication! The team at Nostra works well together and communication was clear. I loved the care taken with colour selection and the ongoing conversations throughout the building process. I have been working with other builders in NSW who lack the clarity and professionalism of Nostra. They have been friendly, fun and very open to making my home suit my needs! Thanks Nostra in making the process really easy and comprehensive! I love working with you!

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Rebecca, Thank-you for your positive 5 star review. It's always pleasing to hear that a customer has had an enjoyable experience and our team have been in constant communication. We hope you... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Nostra - We love our first home :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We really want to thank Nostra homes from the core for building our first home. We love the quality and customer service. Can't wait to move in. Personally I was delighted to see the kitchen (bench top, tiles, glass window and the pot drawers material and colour combination) :) The exciting times are coming and we would recommend our family and friends to go with Nostra homes
Much appreciated!

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Preeti, We appreciate and thank you for your 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you love your new home and you received excellent customer service. Nostra wish you all the very be... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Sweet home become dream home by Nostra homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

It is wonderful experience with our building manager and supervisor (Nostra Homes and developments). From beginning to last very good communication with Nostra homes family(manager and supervisor). Quality, timber, doors, glass doors, windows, drawers, Garage door( fully automatic), amazing bathrooms and toilet, house size, rooms comfortable,
What they offered, they provide us. That's why what they call standards for building that is very amazing.. Defenately you will be happy if you choose Nostra Homes and developments. We will choose again this Company for future. We told them make sweet home but they made dream home. We are very happy. Thank you to Kathryn, Paul and entire team of Nostra homes.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sandeep, Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely 5 star review. We are so happy to hear you love your new Nostra Home. We wish you all the best in the future and hope you create man... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Wonderful from beginning to end

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

As first time home buyers we were excited and nervous about the entire process.
Every step of the way we were guided with great service and felt confident everything was in good hands.
Kathryn in the office kept us informed and was always ready to answer our questions.
When we were introduced to our site supervisor Nick, we knew we would have everything taken care of. His attention to detail and his willingness to let us look at the build as often as we wanted meant we were assured everything was going well.
We unfortunately had a few issues with break ins and things were stolen but Nick sorted them out without a problem.
I would definitely build again with Nostra. It was an absolute pleasure.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Kobe, Thank-you for your lovely review. We are so happy that you had a great experience with Nostra Homes and our team was helpful and dealt with any issues promptly. We hope you continue t... read more »

Home Sweet Home with Nostra

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Building our first home has never been more exciting, specially building it with Nostra. It has been an amazing journey building our house with them. All the staff starting from signing of contract, color selection and throughout the whole building process were very professional, kind and very accommodating.
A superb shout out to our Customer Care Manager Kathryn Goetzl who has been amazing. She assisted us all throughout the process, promptly answer all our questions and entertain all our requests/variations to the house. We would also like to thank our building Manager Mark Temming and Site Supervisor Paul Oliveri who has been very kind to us, provided us updates and immediately rectify any issues seen.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Joseph, Thank-you for your amazing 5 star review. Nostra Homes strives on a quality product and superb customer service and it seems that we were able to provide you this throughout the ent... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Why we love Nostra...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

The journey with Nostra has been a pleasant experience. We did a thorough research on various builders and selected Nostra homes for building our first home. Right from the start, we were specific with our needs and Nostra accommodated all our needs into the design. With a stable and foolproof design, the build was extremely smooth. We were amazed to get the handover way ahead of the completion date.

Every minute detail was addressed with due care and attention by all the staff right from sales to hand over. The selection stage was satisfying with a wide range of high-quality accessories offered in their standard inclusions. As this was our first build, we had questions. David was our build supervisor, always ready to help and answer any queries related to the build. He is a valuable asset to the company as often one finds a lot of neglect at the build stage. With David on board, there was a lot of assurance and pointers on different aspects of the process including after-build maintenance. The tradesmen who worked on our project were highly skilled and prompt. We could distinctly make out differences in the neatness of a job done with care and the haphazard builds happening in our street.
We are extremely happy with our new home and we thank each and every one from Nostra for helping us realise our dream. Special mention Alice and Madison for the reliable office support. You are all an amazing team. This builder is definitely worth your trust. We would happily recommend anyone to approach Nostra to build your dream home!

Lakshmi & Viraj

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Viraj, Thank-you for your fantastic 5 Star Review. We are thrilled to read that your experience with us from start to finish was enjoyable and stress free. Building a brand new home can easil... read more »

1 of 4 pages