• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Roof issue not fix and send me email closed case

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Summaries of the story, July 2016 I have inspected the house and the roof was perfect so I did the biggest of stage payment. Then it was a huge delayed on the finishing building the rest of the garage side. Supposedly the contract end on the 14/01/2017, I received the phone called said the house was badly damaged by theft broken in and they promised everything will be fixed as new for me. It came to the end turn key inspection there’s wasn’t a ladder so we didn’t check the roof. Of course everyone would advise you that everything is under warranty with no worries. So we moved in on April 2017. On the first week I have reported the very loud cladding noise on the windy day. From the promising they will have a look until to putting it as 90 days maintenance job. The noise was unbearable so I took a ladder went up to have a look, it was a joke to me to look at my roof was repaired by a square sheet with two sides caption. So I did my follow up reports, the maintenance coordinator kept saying the “repair is at the industrial standard”? Here comes the 90 days maintenance team they went up can’t even diagnose where the noise came from and ask me talk to the management about what they have promised me before. I did phone called and several emails, asking them to change the new whole sheet of the roof for my new house not repair. They ended up with no help and sent me a closed case from the 90 days maintenance job. After seeking advices from other builders professionals, I’m putting this case further action.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

It is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your Build. At Nostra Homes we strive to provide the best quality possible when building homes & providing our customers with exceptiona... read more »

From the month I moved till now. I believe I have done enough job to follow up and emails from you guys by pushing me to talk to one and another like hand bowling to the end with very unprofessiona... read more »

Werribee

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Terrible is all i can say.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

October 2015 is when we officially signed with Nostra homes. This is where the problems began. Finally April 2016 the construction commenced and the slab was poured (6 Months later).
Our house did not look like what it was meant to look like on the brochure and what it was promised to look like at signing of the contract. The original plans are pictured with a roof over our front balcony. We do not have a roof over our balcony. Our house looks out of place and UGLY. Having no roof over our balcony results in having the elements of the weather effecting that room dramatically temperature wise. After many emails and conversations with managers and staff at Nostra homes regarding this issue, they are still yet to resolve it and they never will.
We moved into our house in October 2016. With numerous leaks - 5 separate leaks to be exact, no gas meter and some locks that did not work with the keys provided.
For approximately 1 week we had no gas - no hot water and no use of our stove for cooking, and to make matters even harder we had a brand new baby.
The problem only got rectified after I myself got onto the gas company to find out what was going on with the gas meter.
Almost 2 years on from signing our life away with nostra, It is now August 2017 and nostra homes has hopefully finished coming to my house to fix numerous leaks, cracks and every other issue under the sun. (Feel free to come back and put a roof over my terrace though). In 2017 alone, Nostra have been to my house a total of 11 times – that’s 11 times in 8 months - with no compension, compassion or apologies for the many hours and time that I have had to waste for them to come and fix their stuff ups. If you want a hassle free build with quality work and great customer service, make sure you go ELSEWHERE!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, we take your feedback very seriously. Your concerns with the balcony roof has been discussed in lengths with you, and has been built in accordance with your contract and plans. Could y... read more »

The 6th Leak has just appeared on my downstairs lounge room ceiling in my 11 month old home that nostra built.
Beware.

Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, our Maintenance Department are endeavouring to have this issue resolved asap. Please contact Kathryn at [email protected] who can be of further assistance. Please be reassure... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

What a builder study everything carefully

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

After some hefty delays our new home started and was built to a reasonable quality.
We had no problem with the supervisor he was great.
We had a heap of problems with the admin and drafting team they seam to lack experience and management directive.
Management are quick to cover up problems and won't call you back when they say they will.
Our home has 18 variations to plans to start with.
Should of built with others not happy.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

The office is full of puppets geared up with set lines to say when you want to dispute something and yhe defence is always the same be very careful building with them check everything 3 times over ... read more »

Nostra Homes Official

We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience, please be assured that it’s never our intention for any of our customers to feel this way. It’s unfortunate to be reading your review es... read more »

Yes many conversations always with the same answer all i will say is that my house does not look like the brochure which is what we contracted and were reasured it would look like and humble tourse... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Outstanding customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We are so happy with our new home!! The office staff have been an absolute pleasure to deal with, especially Madison. We had a few minor hiccups along the way however Paul and Nostra as a company always worked with us to ensure we were 110% happy :) Even after the build has been completed we are still having follow up calls to make sure we are going well.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

decent job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Quality is decent. It was not perfect. The timing was hard for me as well because I couldn't wait for them to fix the defects as I was in a hurry to get the house tenanted. There were some walls that are crooked, part of the bath tub was out of line and some sliding doors could not be opened using the keys supplied. The supervisor was easy to deal with and he promised to fix all the defects but the problem for me was the timing. I accepted the house even though there were some defects.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice and that we have delivered you a quality new home. Should there be... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Right choice

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Couldn't have been any happier getting our home built by Nostra Homes. A Smooth sailing experience throughout the journey. And our big thanks goes to Celeste, Kathryn and Laura who helped us choose the right home for us and Not the least the Supervisor Paul Oliveri, he was the best supervisor any home builder or a customer can ask for. Very prompt, always available went over and above to assist and make us feel important. The credit goes to Paul for me writing this review today as he has become more of a friend to us through the process. Never made us feel lost and helpless by giving suggestions out of his experience. I am sure he surely going to do very well in his career ahead and I wish him a very best. Would love to have him help us build our house if ever we build again. Our friends and family really likes the house. Thanks!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Pallavi, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. Your kind words and comments relating to our staff are heart warming and we truly appreciate your feedback. Pos... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

First Home Buyers

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Being first home buyers, my wife and I were quite picky in who we wanted to build with. After looking on the Product Review website, a lot of the initial builders we looked at had quite concerning reviews from a first home buyers perspective.

We spoke to a lot of sales people, at a lot of display villages and eventually found our way to Nostra where we spoke to Troy (who no longer works there). He was great and easy to deal with, not pushy at all and made the changes to the plan that we required within our budget.

Our site supervisor was Vince who was very responsive, always answered calls and dealt with any issues efficiently. It was approx a 5 month process from start to finish, and the team at head office really helped out in getting us in right before the office closed for Christmas.

Of course, not every build is perfect but we had quite a good experience with Nostra and would recommend them to others.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Building with Nostra

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

Building with Nostra started off fantastic. The sales staff bent over backwards to meet our every need and answer every question.
The colour selection process was easier than we anticipated with the help of Nostra's staff and Bec. We are really happy with our choices.
The customer care manager was able to see to all of our needs throughout the build, answer all of our questions and resolve any issues that came up. There were a few issues during the building process, however compared to most, ours were easily resolved. I won't lie and say it went without any stress, as there was, but with the help of the customer care manager we got through it and are really happy with the outcome. Anyone who walks through are impressed with what Nostra has built for us.
We are now at the 3 month maintenance stage and all of our needs are being seen to. It isn't a very long list. We have had extra things seen to, continuous support from the office/customer care staff and site managers and not one question has been left unanswered.

Celeste, Kathryn, Sam and Adam we cannot thank you enough. You really did look after us the whole way. We are very grateful for going above and beyond during the whole process. Nostra is very lucky to have you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

We wish you all the best in your brand new home and thank you for providing us with your lovely feedback. It’s pleasing to hear that your experience has been good from to start to finish. Hearing t... read more »

Verified Customer

Great Service with Excellent Results

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

We were a little hesitant at first building with a smaller builder, but Nostra changed our minds instantly, they provided great service from beginning to end. Nothing was ever too hard or a hassle, and in the end we knew we made the right choice.
Weekly updates were provided by our site supervisor, who clearly answered any concerns we had.
Their professionalism and enthusiasm is at the top of their class.
Staff are polite & friendly, always welcoming us with a smile. Responding to e-mails and returning calls in a reasonable amount of time.
The quality of the finished product was good and would refer anyone to build with Nostra.

Issues...
We had the odd teething problem as all builders do, but Nostra attended and rectified, this did take some time but we got there in the end. 6 month build time could have been a little shorter, but overall we couldn’t be happier and look forward to enjoying our new home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from your Site Supervisor and that our team dealt... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

On the mark!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

We are so pleased with our first home build. The titling of the land took a long time and as soon as it titled Nostra were on to getting our building permit organised as soon as possible. The build went smoothly and we were kept up to date at every step. Kathryn, Lauren and Madison were really helpful through the process and were always on had if we needed them. The design team put together a colour palette that was right on the mark – the house looks beautiful and the colours work seamlessly throughout each room. Our construction supervisor Paul was brilliant, he has great attention to detail and was very transparent the whole way through even when he brought the wrong handover pack!!! Any issues or problems he dealt with right away and sorted them out no problem, including after handover. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Nostra Homes to anyone wanting to build. Thank you so much to everyone involved for a lovely house that totally exceeded our expectations. It will make a lovely home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Helen & Chris, It's reviews like these that make our jobs so rewarding. We are thrilled to hear you've had a pleasurable experience and couldn’t be happier there was great communication from ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

First home owner and we love it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

We were so nervous with building our first home hearing horror stories but with nostra we are so delighted. From the initial consultation to handover the communication and workmanship was fantastic!! Their standard inclusions was much better than other builders and the finishes in our home was great. Our site supervisor Paul was our biggest asset as he made sure everything we wanted was done to perfection and provided us with endless advice. We would love to thank the team at Nostra and would definitely look to build with them in the future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Building a new home can be nerve racking. Nostra Homes believe the key to a happy client is good customer service, quality and a site supervisor who will go above and beyond, and seems we have prov... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Our first home and it's a dream come true!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

We couldn't be happier with the end result of our first home! Down to the smallest detail everything is perfect. I found the whole process with Nostra Homes to be very transparent and extremely helpful with all aspects of the build big or small, keeping me updated every single step of the way and going above and beyond to answer all of the questions and queries I had. Myself and my partner can not honestly thank him enough for all his help.
Also our customer support: Kathryn and Lauren, was extremely helpful through out the entire process, our building supervisor was amazing as well Hayden.
I WILL definitely be recommending Nostra homes to my family and friends, and will absolutely be buying another Nostra home in the future!
We would like to thank every one at Nostra that met along the way they were all very helpful.
We are in love with our Nostra Home!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

It's reviews like these that make Nostra Homes extremely proud to do what we do. We thank-you for your positive review. It's always pleasing knowing a client has had an enjoyable experience. We hop... read more »

Easy build process.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have built two investments properties with Nostra and very satisfied with their build quality. Supervisors Paul and Wayne were outstanding very helpful and prompt. Colours and Materials selection was easy and well organised. Customer service very informative and timely communicated, with regular phone calls and emails. Thank you Nostra and keep up the good work, I highly recommend Nostra.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Thank-you for your positive feedback. Nostra Homes thrives on good Customer Service and Quality and seems we delivered both. We are thrilled to hear that your site supervisor was helpful and prompt, and you had an enjoyable experience.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Fantastic Builder - Would highly recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I moved into my home 3 months ago, and am glad that I chose Nostra with whom to build my first home. The process was very long, as all new homes are, but Andrew in the display home and my site supervisor Paul were excellent, and made sure everything was completed to high standards. The workmanship was great, and the minor issues were fixed promptly after only being pointed out once. There were some issues with some inspections on the part of the inspectors, but Paul was great in terms of chasing them up and rectifying the issues. The girls in the office were fantastic, with Lauren giving some great design advice and Kathryn handling the administration side of the build with professionalism and patience (for a first time buyer). Overall the build took 9 months (as it went over the Christmas holidays), but I am happy with the result. My 3 month inspection is this week, and I am glad to say that there are only minor issues to be rectified at this stage.
Would definitely recommend to others- And already have!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Thank-you for your wonderful comments towards our team. We are thrilled to hear that your experience has been an enjoyable one. The staff at Nostra Homes thrive on customer satisfaction and quality... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Great Product. Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We are very happy with the quality of home built by Nostra. Nostra have been great to deal with all the way through from product selection to contract signing, colour selection, build process and through to handover of the home. Very flexible when asking to amend terms on the contract, also flexible and understanding when requesting for extension of due dates for contract going unconditional due to delays in land titles and with financial institution delays for payment. Lauren was very helpful during colour selection. Kathryn, Kristy and the team were great with communication right throughout and no questions asked or hassles when querying over payment of items and refunding. There were no delays during construction and everything was completed as scheduled. At Pre-completion inspection, Jarryd and Sam were great. There were no defects that they wouldn't fix that we spotted and they even walked through with us and picked out defects they spotted as well. We believe we have the nicest looking home in the street. Thank you very much Nostra team.. it has been a great experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

It's always heart warming hearing a customer has had an enjoyable experience. We are thrilled to hear that our staff have been helpful and we thank-you for your review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Another Happy Client - Worth the wait!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

We signed up to build with Nostra on October of 2014 and after 18+ months of delay due to the developer not delivering the land on time, we have just moved into our new home.

I have vetted 3 homes from different builders and Nostra turned out to offer the best value.

First is the fixed site costs which is built into the agreed price. Other builders will get you in the door with a cheap entry price point but will charge you tens of thousands for site costs and other hidden costs which will be more expensive in the end.
Second is the value that Nostra includes in the Structure of their homes. As someone who deals with concrete slabs for a living, I can say that Nostra didn't cut costs on the concrete slab used on my home. Worth mentioning as well is how Nostra builds the timber frame with 45cm spacings and quality timber. Seeing the house just after the frame was built I can readily tell that Nostra used more material in the frame when compared with other houses in the estate. Its in these differences where I appreciate the quality that Nostra includes in their homes.

During the developer's approval process some issues were encountered with the developer wanting to change the floor plan. Nostra homes came to the party and worked out a solution with our interest in mind.

The build process went on smoothly. Hayden, the Site Manager looked after the build well and provided regular updates. A couple of times he went out of his way to meet us on site even on Saturdays. At one time we found out there was a break-in/theft. I sent him an sms to notify him and he was on site within minutes.

The staff in the office were a pleasure to deal with. Kathryn, Madison and Samantha were all happy to answer our queries and work towards resolving issues that come up.

Our build was not without issues however these were minor and most were resolved at this stage. As we have not been in the house long enough I will post an update after the 3 month maintenance check for any issues that may arise and the outcome/resolution.

As it was a while ago that we did the colour appointment, we just wish Nostra offered more variety of choices back then, particularly the choice of facade, fixtures and tapware.

Thank you Nostra Homes for making our first home build experience a positive one!

Will definitely build with you again when the opportunity comes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

We are happy to hear your experience with Nostra Homes has been a pleasant one. It's always pleasing to hear that the staff at Nostra Homes have been helpful and able to answer any queries you had.... read more »

melbourne

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Very happy with my home built by nostra homes awesome builder.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

i just finished building my home and im very happy, the building superviser matt wood was very good and helpful through the whole build and the girls in the office were awesome,nostra homes was very good on price and good workmanship im a very happy customer and if i was going to build again I will use nostra again thank you nostra homes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Thank you for your wonderful comments towards our team here at Nostra Homes. It’s wonderful to hear that your site supervisor was able to make this experience an enjoyable one. We thank you for choosing Nostra homes to build your new home.

Beautful home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

The workmanship of our build was great. We were so happy with the quality and attention to detail. The supervisor who looked after our home made our building experience enjoyable and he looked after our home as if it were his own. The support and communication from our supervisor and Customer Care Manager was fantastic. We were able to make changes to the floor plan we choose to personalise the home to be exactly as we'd dreamed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Thank you for choosing Nostra homes to build your new home. We are thrilled to read you've had an enjoyable experience. We pride ourselves on quality and customer satisfaction and it seems we have ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Very happy with our new house ray and mariza borg

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

workmanship and built was better then expected especially when david site manager took over had some minor issues which where resolved very quickly Kathryn was always prompt to respond to quires and always professional so special thank you david, Kathryn,laurin madison and Andrew at the display home who unfornatley does not work there anymore and office girls for all you done for us

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

We wish you all the best in your brand new home and thank you for providing us with your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that you have had a great experience with us. Hearing that we have provided... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

My build wasn’t perfect. However I still highly recommend to build with Nostra Homes.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

My build wasn’t perfect. There were a few issues with the house in regards to functionalities and aesthetics. However I still recommend to build with Nostra Homes.

Reality is, build problems are inevitable, not necessarily human error but environmental causes as well. If you don’t find any defects, you’re not looking hard enough. It’s Nostra Homes’ determination to rectify all problems I have raised which I praise them for. Even 6 months after the handover, Nostra is still in contact with me to fix all of the issues without further costs.

I worked with Kathryn, Lauren, Vince, Anthony, Madison, Hemen & Dean who all made the experience amazing. I am considering a 2nd build with Nostra Homes in the near future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Thank-you for your positive feedback. Building a brand new home can easily make you nervous but we strongly believe that a team of patient, knowledgeable and friendly people are the key in making y... read more »

1 of 2 pages