Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I don't know where to start, terrible customer service, nobody knows their job, you will never get an answer to a question because nobody knows, lies, lies and more lies, they tried to charge me extra 3000 thousand for an apparent heating unit upgrade which they put in the contract as developer requirement, but when i checked with the developer of course it wasn't true. They picked half of the things and colors in the house themselves for me with an excuse that if i wanted anything different i should have told them. Million mistakes during the building process, they even forgot to put a wall which was on the plan, they always blame the person that doesn't work for them anymore for all the mistakes, and after i finally moved in the bad experience didn't stop there, after 1 months the water solar panel broke it took them 8 months to fix it and they even tried to convince me that it doesn't mater it doesn't really do anything, a year on the garage door wont open, the light in the garage you have to flick 10 times to turn on but they just sad its all out of warranty, even though they won't provide the warranty details. Also a million other things which i cant think of right now.
Also my sister built with them, even worse they put the hose to close to the neighbour which resulted in 6 months delay while the convinced the neighbour to sign of on it.
So my advice is STAY AWAY.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Dalibor, It is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your Build. At Nostra Homes we strive to provide the best quality possible when building homes & providing our custome... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

I could write a book on all the faults I had

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I’m 7 month into living in my property and I had problems once our land titled and still have ongoing issues now being handled by disputes
Darbecca Nostra errors
Walls out by 18mm
Not finding site peg then trying to charge but we found them in 2 sec
Staff leaving
Advertising with independent inspector included but they only instruct the inspector to check limited things. We got our own and had a huge report with errors such as uneven floors, walls etc not identified by Nostra inspector.
Delays for our independent inspector to check the home and turned up to home being not ready even thou told it was this happened twice.
Fly screen tried to charge twice as was included in a package.
Changes of 2 admin prior one fired.
Slab issues I discovered just before the pour.
Multiple attempts to level the floors.
Water leaking into our bedroom and still not fixed.
Damaged bricks
Roof tiles water but then blaming Foxtel.
Painting shocking be prepared at your final to spend hours with tape marking as they can’t cut straight.
Incorrect tiles installed in splashback kitchen.
Broken into 3 times during the build yet site manager didn’t lock windows.
Letting our power we pay be used by builders across the road.
Incomplete for final inspection again due to not being ready but told it was
No crossover causing damage to driveway
Stones coming out and patches with no stones in exposed aggregate.
Sliding doors not locking or sliding still to be fixed.
Rodents in roof space.
We still have multiple ongoing issues. Render incomplete. I can list so much more. I would not recommend Nostra.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the feedback on your building experience with Nostra Homes. We apologies that you feel we have let you down. Our Maintenance Manager has reached out and spoken to you ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Do not build with Nostra - a stressful waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Put simply, it was a dreadful experience building with Nostra homes. Staff are charismatic when getting the contract signed and initial quotes may appear better than other companies, but once you're locked in, the disappointments begin. We were continuously affronted by ridiculously hefty additional expenses, way beyond any reasonable costs we were already expecting from our previous work with other builders. Issue after issue arose (which were supposedly not identified in the original plans/contract drawn up by Nostra themselves mind you!) which demanded more outrageous payments each time...so much for a 'fixed price' contract!

Furthermore, extensive delays resulted in our small home taking close to three years to be completed. For most of the time, our half built home sat there with no progress at all. Communication was atrocious - no viable explanations or apologies, merely excuse after excuse; staff were unreachable when actually needed.

Workmanship of the contracted builders is unacceptable and of substandard quality, and we had to engage our own external inspector. Issues raised with the company are met with false promises to rectify them, poor excuses, or simply ignored. Work is supposedly finished now, but unresolved problems are numerous. We've given up on our home as the whole ordeal has been too much to bear.

Nostra are only concerned about getting your money, and once they convince you, prepare to be betrayed and left in the dark. They are the most ruthless and dishonest company we have ever worked with. For your own sake, stay away from these scammers.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Feng, Thank you for getting in touch. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job address in a ... read more »

Werribee

• 6 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Terrible is all i can say.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

October 2015 is when we officially signed with Nostra homes. This is where the problems began. Finally April 2016 the construction commenced and the slab was poured (6 Months later).
Our house did not look like what it was meant to look like on the brochure and what it was promised to look like at signing of the contract. The original plans are pictured with a roof over our front balcony. We do not have a roof over our balcony. Our house looks out of place and UGLY. Having no roof over our balcony results in having the elements of the weather effecting that room dramatically temperature wise. After many emails and conversations with managers and staff at Nostra homes regarding this issue, they are still yet to resolve it and they never will.
We moved into our house in October 2016. With numerous leaks - 5 separate leaks to be exact, no gas meter and some locks that did not work with the keys provided.
For approximately 1 week we had no gas - no hot water and no use of our stove for cooking, and to make matters even harder we had a brand new baby.
The problem only got rectified after I myself got onto the gas company to find out what was going on with the gas meter.
Almost 2 years on from signing our life away with nostra, It is now August 2017 and nostra homes has hopefully finished coming to my house to fix numerous leaks, cracks and every other issue under the sun. (Feel free to come back and put a roof over my terrace though). In 2017 alone, Nostra have been to my house a total of 11 times – that’s 11 times in 8 months - with no compension, compassion or apologies for the many hours and time that I have had to waste for them to come and fix their stuff ups. If you want a hassle free build with quality work and great customer service, make sure you go ELSEWHERE!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, we take your feedback very seriously. Your concerns with the balcony roof has been discussed in lengths with you, and has been built in accordance with your contract and plans. Could y... read more »

The 6th Leak has just appeared on my downstairs lounge room ceiling in my 11 month old home that nostra built.
Beware.

Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, our Maintenance Department are endeavouring to have this issue resolved asap. Please contact Kathryn at kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au who can be of further assistance. Please be reassure... read more »

New home feeling

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Living away from Melb we were worried about building. Nostra made this experience a dream. Communication with our site manager was great. He kept us updated. Since handover, any issues have been dealt with efficiently and without fuss. Our house looks great, a credit to this company. Thank you for your professional assistance along the way.... not to for the interior decorator. He helped so much with making choices that suit our house.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Doidoi, Thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice. We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

dream come true

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

High quality standards to my satisfaction..from beginning with Celeste modifying my plan to make my dream home a reality and all the team work at Nostra from slab stage to frame to colour schemes to fittings to personal touches and quality fixtures throughout the home. were well organised and built before schedule due. i would like to congratulate Paul Oliveri and all the team who contributed in hard work you all done a fantastic and amazing job, Paul was very prompt and always available, went over and above to assist and to follow up any concerns and questions of mine, he never made me feel lost of helpless, Paul always had suggestions to confined in me. Nostra made it all a fantastic experience with me from the whole outcome from begging to end. Thanks also to all the girls at nostra office Lauren, Madison, Katheryn, Rachelle, veronica, Ranee, Samantha; who all done an amazing job in guiding me in every step of my building process without any stress and always been more than happy to follow up any of my concerns of questions.

Bernadette

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Bernadette, We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from all our staff and that our team dealt with any issues promptly and efficiently. Thank you again for a great... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Perfect construction as expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

First time off the plan property, was always worried how good will be the builder & supervisor. Nostra homes didnt let us down, we signed up for the building contract on our second sitting (we had done all our research/analysis prior though) and it was smooth process since then. Firstly the price freeze guarantee for 12 months had given us piece of mind as our land was titled 6 months after it was suppose to title. The approvals & construction process started straight after land settlement & titling. We were notified on time during all stages, customer service was so helpful while the payment was delayed and didn't stop the construction.
I definitely have to mention about the supervisor (David Ventura), wonder how could he be so cool & responsive while managing tradies & other properties at the same time. David was providing all required information, never hesitate to listen to our concerns/queries and very importantly respond to our phone calls/messages. We thank you for your hard work & professionalism, appreciate the work done.

Few suggestions to Nostra Homes:
* It will be good to have virtualisation tool during color selection, which will give the home owners a great advantage
* Home owners online account to keep us update on the progress and any email communication/invoice/receipts
* It will be good to have photos of the framing stage to be used by home owners for future reference
* Pre-Final inspection should be done by Nostra homes & rectify all painting/any other issues than waiting for home owners to look for it.

Over-all we are happy home owner with a good quality built. Thanks Nostra homes & David V.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Prasath, Thank-you for your positive feedback and wonderful comments towards our team. We are thrilled to hear that you've had such an enjoyable experience and David was able to provide the ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Outstanding customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We are so happy with our new home!! The office staff have been an absolute pleasure to deal with, especially Madison. We had a few minor hiccups along the way however Paul and Nostra as a company always worked with us to ensure we were 110% happy :) Even after the build has been completed we are still having follow up calls to make sure we are going well.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Shannon, Thank-you for your positive feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that you've had a great experience with Nostra Homes. Hearing that our office staff and your site supervisor was able to... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

decent job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Quality is decent. It was not perfect. The timing was hard for me as well because I couldn't wait for them to fix the defects as I was in a hurry to get the house tenanted. There were some walls that are crooked, part of the bath tub was out of line and some sliding doors could not be opened using the keys supplied. The supervisor was easy to deal with and he promised to fix all the defects but the problem for me was the timing. I accepted the house even though there were some defects.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice and that we have delivered you a quality new home. Should there be... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Right choice

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Couldn't have been any happier getting our home built by Nostra Homes. A Smooth sailing experience throughout the journey. And our big thanks goes to Celeste, Kathryn and Laura who helped us choose the right home for us and Not the least the Supervisor Paul Oliveri, he was the best supervisor any home builder or a customer can ask for. Very prompt, always available went over and above to assist and make us feel important. The credit goes to Paul for me writing this review today as he has become more of a friend to us through the process. Never made us feel lost and helpless by giving suggestions out of his experience. I am sure he surely going to do very well in his career ahead and I wish him a very best. Would love to have him help us build our house if ever we build again. Our friends and family really likes the house. Thanks!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Pallavi, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. Your kind words and comments relating to our staff are heart warming and we truly appreciate your feedback. Pos... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

First Home Buyers

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Being first home buyers, my wife and I were quite picky in who we wanted to build with. After looking on the Product Review website, a lot of the initial builders we looked at had quite concerning reviews from a first home buyers perspective.

We spoke to a lot of sales people, at a lot of display villages and eventually found our way to Nostra where we spoke to Troy (who no longer works there). He was great and easy to deal with, not pushy at all and made the changes to the plan that we required within our budget.

Our site supervisor was Vince who was very responsive, always answered calls and dealt with any issues efficiently. It was approx a 5 month process from start to finish, and the team at head office really helped out in getting us in right before the office closed for Christmas.

Of course, not every build is perfect but we had quite a good experience with Nostra and would recommend them to others.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Building with Nostra

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

Building with Nostra started off fantastic. The sales staff bent over backwards to meet our every need and answer every question.
The colour selection process was easier than we anticipated with the help of Nostra's staff and Bec. We are really happy with our choices.
The customer care manager was able to see to all of our needs throughout the build, answer all of our questions and resolve any issues that came up. There were a few issues during the building process, however compared to most, ours were easily resolved. I won't lie and say it went without any stress, as there was, but with the help of the customer care manager we got through it and are really happy with the outcome. Anyone who walks through are impressed with what Nostra has built for us.
We are now at the 3 month maintenance stage and all of our needs are being seen to. It isn't a very long list. We have had extra things seen to, continuous support from the office/customer care staff and site managers and not one question has been left unanswered.

Celeste, Kathryn, Sam and Adam we cannot thank you enough. You really did look after us the whole way. We are very grateful for going above and beyond during the whole process. Nostra is very lucky to have you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

We wish you all the best in your brand new home and thank you for providing us with your lovely feedback. It’s pleasing to hear that your experience has been good from to start to finish. Hearing t... read more »

Verified Customer

Great Service with Excellent Results

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

We were a little hesitant at first building with a smaller builder, but Nostra changed our minds instantly, they provided great service from beginning to end. Nothing was ever too hard or a hassle, and in the end we knew we made the right choice.
Weekly updates were provided by our site supervisor, who clearly answered any concerns we had.
Their professionalism and enthusiasm is at the top of their class.
Staff are polite & friendly, always welcoming us with a smile. Responding to e-mails and returning calls in a reasonable amount of time.
The quality of the finished product was good and would refer anyone to build with Nostra.

Issues...
We had the odd teething problem as all builders do, but Nostra attended and rectified, this did take some time but we got there in the end. 6 month build time could have been a little shorter, but overall we couldn’t be happier and look forward to enjoying our new home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from your Site Supervisor and that our team dealt... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Why we love Nostra...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

The journey with Nostra has been a pleasant experience. We did a thorough research on various builders and selected Nostra homes for building our first home. Right from the start, we were specific with our needs and Nostra accommodated all our needs into the design. With a stable and foolproof design, the build was extremely smooth. We were amazed to get the handover way ahead of the completion date.

Every minute detail was addressed with due care and attention by all the staff right from sales to hand over. The selection stage was satisfying with a wide range of high-quality accessories offered in their standard inclusions. As this was our first build, we had questions. David was our build supervisor, always ready to help and answer any queries related to the build. He is a valuable asset to the company as often one finds a lot of neglect at the build stage. With David on board, there was a lot of assurance and pointers on different aspects of the process including after-build maintenance. The tradesmen who worked on our project were highly skilled and prompt. We could distinctly make out differences in the neatness of a job done with care and the haphazard builds happening in our street.
We are extremely happy with our new home and we thank each and every one from Nostra for helping us realise our dream. Special mention Alice and Madison for the reliable office support. You are all an amazing team. This builder is definitely worth your trust. We would happily recommend anyone to approach Nostra to build your dream home!

Lakshmi & Viraj

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Viraj, Thank-you for your fantastic 5 Star Review. We are thrilled to read that your experience with us from start to finish was enjoyable and stress free. Building a brand new home can easil... read more »

My First Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

From my first encounter to the delivery of my first home, Nostra provided outstanding professionalism, service and finishes and offered the best value I had seen. The inclusions are amazing and the standard range they offer is far superior to competitors.
Throughout the entire process, Nostra was accommodating, helpful and above all approachable in all areas of the build. From display home viewing and assistance with contract preparation, to the colour room, care consultant and site supervisor, the communication was great and the team all really helped in making the build of my first home easy and exciting.
Any minor issues along the way were fixed immediately and nothing was too much to ask.
I can not speak more highly of the experience and would build with Nostra Homes again in the future.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Laura, Thank-you for your amazing 5 star review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice and our team was helpful throughout the entire experience. We thank you for your further ... read more »

High Quality, Great Communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

From the day we started looking for our new home, Nostra were leaps and bounds above other display homes.
Compared to other display homes in the area they were the cleanest, best maintained and highest quality.

When we signed up we were efficiently provided documentation and information ready for our build.

Initially the build was delayed through no fault of Nostra but the communication was efficient and updated often.
Once the build started - I was surprised at the speed of the build but enjoyed the same qualities as seen in the display home.

While there have been minor hiccups after handover - Mark and Kathryn have been on top of everything and provided first class follow-up service.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Aaron, Thank you for taking the time to complete your 5 star review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice and that we have delivered you a high quality new home. We are really... read more »

Great Service and Great Product and Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

I am glad to have picked Nostra Homes as they have given me a fixed price contract with no surprises through out the process after I signed the contract. We had issue with finance during settlement and their management helped pull some strings or else i would of of been in default. Their customer service has been exceptional, keeping me updated at all times. Their supervisor was very helpful and thorough each time i have met him
I have no issue with Nostra and have now leased the house out within 4 weeks!

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello MBao, Thank-you for your 5-star review. Nostra Homes are passionate about building quality homes and delivering an amazing experience for each one of our clients. We're so pleased to hear th... read more »

Our first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

From day dot Nostra has been incredible! My partner and I are first home buyers and came across Nostra when looking at displays. We baught a small house an land package as a turnkey home!

The build was well managed and it was no hassle to schedule walk throughs. Our sister supervisor was really good also, and even when he went on leave for our handover we were given his big boss to do the pleasure! Both were really good and understand you want quality and to be happy.

Any issues along the way were swiftly corrected and we have just moved in to our first home and could not be happier!
We can’t wait to build with Nostra again and upgrade in the future when we have children and outgrow this house.
Please also look at their awesome standard inclusions! Since we started they have added some really good extras!!!!

Thanks Nostra!

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, Thank you for an excellent 5 STAR Review. It's always pleasing to hear that there was communication from your Site Supervisor and that our team dealt with any issues promptly and effi... read more »

Extremely happy couple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

We are extremely happy with our new home. It was built to exactly what we ask. We were encouraged to organise walk throughs of the house during the build. Our site manager was great and nothing was to much trouble for him. Our office building contact was just as helpful when ever we had a query she was always ready to help. When ever there was a variation she would always contact us and explain what was happening. We would highly recommend anyone looking to build a home to seriously consider a Nostra home, they are of very high quality and the finishes are are very good. Any contact we had with the staff at Nostra was always of a high professional quality.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Janelle, We are really passionate about the quality of our homes and the time frames in which we deliver them so it’s great to see that we were able to provide you with this high level of se... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Pleasure to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I would like to thank the team at Nostra Homes, in particular Madison A and My building supervisor David V who both have been fantastic throughout my journey in building my first house. Every time I contacted either of them they were both professional and pleasant to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. David and Madison always kept me updated with the progress of my build and ensured everything was always taken care off.
Love my new home and would recommend Nostra to anyone looking to build a fantastic home, great designs and great inclusions.
If you are looking for a great home and great people to deal with, then look no further, go with Nostra Homes.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Jocelyn, Thank you for such an excellent review. We are absolutely thrilled to read that you had great communication from your Site Supervisor and Building Coordinator. We thank you for choo... read more »

1 of 4 pages