Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Do not build with Nostra - a stressful waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Put simply, it was a dreadful experience building with Nostra homes. Staff are charismatic when getting the contract signed and initial quotes may appear better than other companies, but once you're locked in, the disappointments begin. We were continuously affronted by ridiculously hefty additional expenses, way beyond any reasonable costs we were already expecting from our previous work with other builders. Issue after issue arose (which were supposedly not identified in the original plans/contract drawn up by Nostra themselves mind you!) which demanded more outrageous payments each time...so much for a 'fixed price' contract!

Furthermore, extensive delays resulted in our small home taking close to three years to be completed. For most of the time, our half built home sat there with no progress at all. Communication was atrocious - no viable explanations or apologies, merely excuse after excuse; staff were unreachable when actually needed.

Workmanship of the contracted builders is unacceptable and of substandard quality, and we had to engage our own external inspector. Issues raised with the company are met with false promises to rectify them, poor excuses, or simply ignored. Work is supposedly finished now, but unresolved problems are numerous. We've given up on our home as the whole ordeal has been too much to bear.

Nostra are only concerned about getting your money, and once they convince you, prepare to be betrayed and left in the dark. They are the most ruthless and dishonest company we have ever worked with. For your own sake, stay away from these scammers.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Feng, Thank you for getting in touch. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job address in a ... read more »

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2016

Poor Planing and Customer service "No Star"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

We have build with Nostra (I should call No star homes) was a first home buyer we build with them thinking they are the professionals to do so, and never recommend to anyone. Sent few emails regards to the issues and requests. Most of the cases reply late or no communication at all or even reply with wrong customers details information to me.
House plan itself is very poor. The kitchen pantry can't use because you can't store or reach the items if stored. I had to buy a cupboard and keep in the garage for storage.
Living area is in an awkward position. TV wall was planned to the tiny hallway. We had realized and requested to change to another wall the power and TV socket. Yes they changed the TV socket and given a power outlet with an extra charge but unprofessional "no star" homes left a TP socket and power outlet in the middle of nowhere in the hallway wall, until to date we never use.
I have paid and requested a kitchen exhaust external vent but it was given to the neighbor instead for free of charge. Another poor communication.
Water dripping off the porch even from a minor rain/spitting. When complained few occasions, came and inspected, the answer was the roof flash is perfect and done according to the industry standard. What a standard. I live over a year and half still the same water splash in to the door step and wall. Even i have to remove doormat because the pool of water remain at the door front.
Few Variations made from them and got signed from us which suits and cheap for them. (we don't have any clue about building and construction and was the first home buyers). Front room outside walls supposed to be built with bricks in the original plan, changed in to hebal walls. Reason given was due to the nextdoor garage wall is coming up not enough space to carryout the work. (that was built by nostra too) however that house construction was started later and had room to do the brick wall if they wanted. More importantly that could have decided at the planning stage. Poor architecture and design. Gutter down pipes position changed and placed in to an awkward position at front of the door.
Concrete paving around the house has a slope towards the wall during rain i have pools of water around the house. Complained few occasions. During 90 days maintenance period, So called supervisors came and said that's not a problem for the structure and it's not bad as our neighbors house (build by them). But as usual done temporary patch work, Caulking around the house...and a drain cover. Poor [name removed] said this is all I was instructed and I can't do any more to rectify the problem. Had informed again. But that's their "no star" standard.
The communication from the reception was very poor. I had to wait over a week without gas supply to the new dwelling as per the energy company they don't meet the safety regulation had to put up a bollard.( Which I understand) Which was done by builder and informed reception by the supervisor in order to communicate and get my connection as soon as possible. Instead I had to call energy supplier and informed that the safety request been completed in order to get the connection. Energy supplier not received any communication until I have contacted them as I badly needed, but not the team no star reception.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hi Don, We acknowledge your review. Please note that we are equally disappointed to be reading your review and ask if you can email kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au with your details so we can make co... read more »

In addition, the coloured concreate foot path layed from front door step to street foot path it not aligned towards to the front door. That’s the great evidence of the quality delivered by Nostra... read more »

Hi Don,

We are yet to hear from you, please contact Kathryn on kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au at your earliest convenience so we can look into your concerns.

Many thanks
Nostra Homes Management

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Roof issue not fix and send me email closed case

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Summaries of the story, July 2016 I have inspected the house and the roof was perfect so I did the biggest of stage payment. Then it was a huge delayed on the finishing building the rest of the garage side. Supposedly the contract end on the 14/01/2017, I received the phone called said the house was badly damaged by theft broken in and they promised everything will be fixed as new for me. It came to the end turn key inspection there’s wasn’t a ladder so we didn’t check the roof. Of course everyone would advise you that everything is under warranty with no worries. So we moved in on April 2017. On the first week I have reported the very loud cladding noise on the windy day. From the promising they will have a look until to putting it as 90 days maintenance job. The noise was unbearable so I took a ladder went up to have a look, it was a joke to me to look at my roof was repaired by a square sheet with two sides caption. So I did my follow up reports, the maintenance coordinator kept saying the “repair is at the industrial standard”? Here comes the 90 days maintenance team they went up can’t even diagnose where the noise came from and ask me talk to the management about what they have promised me before. I did phone called and several emails, asking them to change the new whole sheet of the roof for my new house not repair. They ended up with no help and sent me a closed case from the 90 days maintenance job. After seeking advices from other builders professionals, I’m putting this case further action.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

It is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your Build. At Nostra Homes we strive to provide the best quality possible when building homes & providing our customers with exceptiona... read more »

From the month I moved till now. I believe I have done enough job to follow up and emails from you guys by pushing me to talk to one and another like hand bowling to the end with very unprofessiona... read more »

Hello Winna,

I'm glad to hear that rectification works have commenced and is due to be completed within the week. Should you have any further concerns in the meantime please feel free to contact us.

Many thanks,
Nostra Homes Management

Werribee

• 4 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Terrible is all i can say.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

October 2015 is when we officially signed with Nostra homes. This is where the problems began. Finally April 2016 the construction commenced and the slab was poured (6 Months later).
Our house did not look like what it was meant to look like on the brochure and what it was promised to look like at signing of the contract. The original plans are pictured with a roof over our front balcony. We do not have a roof over our balcony. Our house looks out of place and UGLY. Having no roof over our balcony results in having the elements of the weather effecting that room dramatically temperature wise. After many emails and conversations with managers and staff at Nostra homes regarding this issue, they are still yet to resolve it and they never will.
We moved into our house in October 2016. With numerous leaks - 5 separate leaks to be exact, no gas meter and some locks that did not work with the keys provided.
For approximately 1 week we had no gas - no hot water and no use of our stove for cooking, and to make matters even harder we had a brand new baby.
The problem only got rectified after I myself got onto the gas company to find out what was going on with the gas meter.
Almost 2 years on from signing our life away with nostra, It is now August 2017 and nostra homes has hopefully finished coming to my house to fix numerous leaks, cracks and every other issue under the sun. (Feel free to come back and put a roof over my terrace though). In 2017 alone, Nostra have been to my house a total of 11 times – that’s 11 times in 8 months - with no compension, compassion or apologies for the many hours and time that I have had to waste for them to come and fix their stuff ups. If you want a hassle free build with quality work and great customer service, make sure you go ELSEWHERE!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, we take your feedback very seriously. Your concerns with the balcony roof has been discussed in lengths with you, and has been built in accordance with your contract and plans. Could y... read more »

The 6th Leak has just appeared on my downstairs lounge room ceiling in my 11 month old home that nostra built.
Beware.

Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, our Maintenance Department are endeavouring to have this issue resolved asap. Please contact Kathryn at kathryn@nostrahomes.com.au who can be of further assistance. Please be reassure... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

What a builder study everything carefully

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

After some hefty delays our new home started and was built to a reasonable quality.
We had no problem with the supervisor he was great.
We had a heap of problems with the admin and drafting team they seam to lack experience and management directive.
Management are quick to cover up problems and won't call you back when they say they will.
Our home has 18 variations to plans to start with.
Should of built with others not happy.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

The office is full of puppets geared up with set lines to say when you want to dispute something and yhe defence is always the same be very careful building with them check everything 3 times over ... read more »

Nostra Homes Official

We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience, please be assured that it’s never our intention for any of our customers to feel this way. It’s unfortunate to be reading your review es... read more »

Yes many conversations always with the same answer all i will say is that my house does not look like the brochure which is what we contracted and were reasured it would look like and humble tourse... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

dream come true

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

High quality standards to my satisfaction..from beginning with Celeste modifying my plan to make my dream home a reality and all the team work at Nostra from slab stage to frame to colour schemes to fittings to personal touches and quality fixtures throughout the home. were well organised and built before schedule due. i would like to congratulate Paul Oliveri and all the team who contributed in hard work you all done a fantastic and amazing job, Paul was very prompt and always available, went over and above to assist and to follow up any concerns and questions of mine, he never made me feel lost of helpless, Paul always had suggestions to confined in me. Nostra made it all a fantastic experience with me from the whole outcome from begging to end. Thanks also to all the girls at nostra office Lauren, Madison, Katheryn, Rachelle, veronica, Ranee, Samantha; who all done an amazing job in guiding me in every step of my building process without any stress and always been more than happy to follow up any of my concerns of questions.

Bernadette

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Bernadette, We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from all our staff and that our team dealt with any issues promptly and efficiently. Thank you again for a great... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Perfect construction as expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

First time off the plan property, was always worried how good will be the builder & supervisor. Nostra homes didnt let us down, we signed up for the building contract on our second sitting (we had done all our research/analysis prior though) and it was smooth process since then. Firstly the price freeze guarantee for 12 months had given us piece of mind as our land was titled 6 months after it was suppose to title. The approvals & construction process started straight after land settlement & titling. We were notified on time during all stages, customer service was so helpful while the payment was delayed and didn't stop the construction.
I definitely have to mention about the supervisor (David Ventura), wonder how could he be so cool & responsive while managing tradies & other properties at the same time. David was providing all required information, never hesitate to listen to our concerns/queries and very importantly respond to our phone calls/messages. We thank you for your hard work & professionalism, appreciate the work done.

Few suggestions to Nostra Homes:
* It will be good to have virtualisation tool during color selection, which will give the home owners a great advantage
* Home owners online account to keep us update on the progress and any email communication/invoice/receipts
* It will be good to have photos of the framing stage to be used by home owners for future reference
* Pre-Final inspection should be done by Nostra homes & rectify all painting/any other issues than waiting for home owners to look for it.

Over-all we are happy home owner with a good quality built. Thanks Nostra homes & David V.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Prasath, Thank-you for your positive feedback and wonderful comments towards our team. We are thrilled to hear that you've had such an enjoyable experience and David was able to provide the ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Outstanding customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We are so happy with our new home!! The office staff have been an absolute pleasure to deal with, especially Madison. We had a few minor hiccups along the way however Paul and Nostra as a company always worked with us to ensure we were 110% happy :) Even after the build has been completed we are still having follow up calls to make sure we are going well.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Shannon, Thank-you for your positive feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that you've had a great experience with Nostra Homes. Hearing that our office staff and your site supervisor was able to... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

decent job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Quality is decent. It was not perfect. The timing was hard for me as well because I couldn't wait for them to fix the defects as I was in a hurry to get the house tenanted. There were some walls that are crooked, part of the bath tub was out of line and some sliding doors could not be opened using the keys supplied. The supervisor was easy to deal with and he promised to fix all the defects but the problem for me was the timing. I accepted the house even though there were some defects.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. We are thrilled that we were your builder of choice and that we have delivered you a quality new home. Should there be... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Right choice

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Couldn't have been any happier getting our home built by Nostra Homes. A Smooth sailing experience throughout the journey. And our big thanks goes to Celeste, Kathryn and Laura who helped us choose the right home for us and Not the least the Supervisor Paul Oliveri, he was the best supervisor any home builder or a customer can ask for. Very prompt, always available went over and above to assist and make us feel important. The credit goes to Paul for me writing this review today as he has become more of a friend to us through the process. Never made us feel lost and helpless by giving suggestions out of his experience. I am sure he surely going to do very well in his career ahead and I wish him a very best. Would love to have him help us build our house if ever we build again. Our friends and family really likes the house. Thanks!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Pallavi, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. Your kind words and comments relating to our staff are heart warming and we truly appreciate your feedback. Pos... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

First Home Buyers

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Being first home buyers, my wife and I were quite picky in who we wanted to build with. After looking on the Product Review website, a lot of the initial builders we looked at had quite concerning reviews from a first home buyers perspective.

We spoke to a lot of sales people, at a lot of display villages and eventually found our way to Nostra where we spoke to Troy (who no longer works there). He was great and easy to deal with, not pushy at all and made the changes to the plan that we required within our budget.

Our site supervisor was Vince who was very responsive, always answered calls and dealt with any issues efficiently. It was approx a 5 month process from start to finish, and the team at head office really helped out in getting us in right before the office closed for Christmas.

Of course, not every build is perfect but we had quite a good experience with Nostra and would recommend them to others.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Building with Nostra

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

Building with Nostra started off fantastic. The sales staff bent over backwards to meet our every need and answer every question.
The colour selection process was easier than we anticipated with the help of Nostra's staff and Bec. We are really happy with our choices.
The customer care manager was able to see to all of our needs throughout the build, answer all of our questions and resolve any issues that came up. There were a few issues during the building process, however compared to most, ours were easily resolved. I won't lie and say it went without any stress, as there was, but with the help of the customer care manager we got through it and are really happy with the outcome. Anyone who walks through are impressed with what Nostra has built for us.
We are now at the 3 month maintenance stage and all of our needs are being seen to. It isn't a very long list. We have had extra things seen to, continuous support from the office/customer care staff and site managers and not one question has been left unanswered.

Celeste, Kathryn, Sam and Adam we cannot thank you enough. You really did look after us the whole way. We are very grateful for going above and beyond during the whole process. Nostra is very lucky to have you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

We wish you all the best in your brand new home and thank you for providing us with your lovely feedback. It’s pleasing to hear that your experience has been good from to start to finish. Hearing t... read more »

Verified Customer

Great Service with Excellent Results

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

We were a little hesitant at first building with a smaller builder, but Nostra changed our minds instantly, they provided great service from beginning to end. Nothing was ever too hard or a hassle, and in the end we knew we made the right choice.
Weekly updates were provided by our site supervisor, who clearly answered any concerns we had.
Their professionalism and enthusiasm is at the top of their class.
Staff are polite & friendly, always welcoming us with a smile. Responding to e-mails and returning calls in a reasonable amount of time.
The quality of the finished product was good and would refer anyone to build with Nostra.

Issues...
We had the odd teething problem as all builders do, but Nostra attended and rectified, this did take some time but we got there in the end. 6 month build time could have been a little shorter, but overall we couldn’t be happier and look forward to enjoying our new home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Nostra to build your new home. We couldn’t be happier to read that there was great communication from your Site Supervisor and that our team dealt... read more »

Would recommend Nosta to anyone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

We are first home buyers so we took a long time to pick our builder, after going through numerous display homes and talking to many people we walked into the Nelson 24 and fell in love! We went home and had a little chat and decided that it was the house for us. Its different but in a good way. The inclusions are amazing and we didn't have to upgrade much at all. Our supervisor was a pleaser to work with. We had some issues with our plumbing and it was fixed straight away. The office staff are lovely and are really great with responding to your calls/emails. All in all we love our house and Nostra made building an enjoyable experience. :)

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Steph, Firstly, thank-you for your review, it's always pleasing knowing a customer has had an enjoyable experience. We are glad that your Site Supervisor was a pleasure to deal with and our ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Would recommend Nostra to anyone!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

We were originally nervous about building a home as we had heard of so many disasters that have happened with friends, however building with Nostra has been sensational. The customer service is exceptional. Kirsty, Madison and David (Site manager) have walked us through every step and have been more than happy to follow up any concerns or questions even we thought were ridiculous! The house went completely to schedule, with constant contact between the site manager at every stage. Our house has been built to a very high standard. We are so happy that we chose to build and that we built with Nostra.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Sarah, Thank-you for your positive feedback. Building a home can be nerve racking, however, we believe good customer service and guidance/support make this an enjoyable experience, and it se... read more »

Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Our new home is great and the whole experience from build start has been wonderful. Madison in the office is very friendly and responds to queries quickly and professionally. David our builder was very patient and even though he had a lot on his plate was responsive and addressed any issues without hesitation. There were a few minor issues at handover and David has been quick to get them actioned to our satisfaction. We have heard horror stories regarding building but can definitely say we experienced none of them building with Nostra and have no hesitation in recommending them to build your dream home.

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Annette, Thank you for taking the time to complete your positive review. It’s pleasing to hear that your experience has been good from to start to finish. Hearing that our staff dealt with y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

On the mark!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

We are so pleased with our first home build. The titling of the land took a long time and as soon as it titled Nostra were on to getting our building permit organised as soon as possible. The build went smoothly and we were kept up to date at every step. Kathryn, Lauren and Madison were really helpful through the process and were always on had if we needed them. The design team put together a colour palette that was right on the mark – the house looks beautiful and the colours work seamlessly throughout each room. Our construction supervisor Paul was brilliant, he has great attention to detail and was very transparent the whole way through even when he brought the wrong handover pack!!! Any issues or problems he dealt with right away and sorted them out no problem, including after handover. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Nostra Homes to anyone wanting to build. Thank you so much to everyone involved for a lovely house that totally exceeded our expectations. It will make a lovely home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Hello Helen & Chris, It's reviews like these that make our jobs so rewarding. We are thrilled to hear you've had a pleasurable experience and couldn’t be happier there was great communication from ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

First home owner and we love it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

We were so nervous with building our first home hearing horror stories but with nostra we are so delighted. From the initial consultation to handover the communication and workmanship was fantastic!! Their standard inclusions was much better than other builders and the finishes in our home was great. Our site supervisor Paul was our biggest asset as he made sure everything we wanted was done to perfection and provided us with endless advice. We would love to thank the team at Nostra and would definitely look to build with them in the future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Building a new home can be nerve racking. Nostra Homes believe the key to a happy client is good customer service, quality and a site supervisor who will go above and beyond, and seems we have prov... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Our first home and it's a dream come true!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

We couldn't be happier with the end result of our first home! Down to the smallest detail everything is perfect. I found the whole process with Nostra Homes to be very transparent and extremely helpful with all aspects of the build big or small, keeping me updated every single step of the way and going above and beyond to answer all of the questions and queries I had. Myself and my partner can not honestly thank him enough for all his help.
Also our customer support: Kathryn and Lauren, was extremely helpful through out the entire process, our building supervisor was amazing as well Hayden.
I WILL definitely be recommending Nostra homes to my family and friends, and will absolutely be buying another Nostra home in the future!
We would like to thank every one at Nostra that met along the way they were all very helpful.
We are in love with our Nostra Home!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

It's reviews like these that make Nostra Homes extremely proud to do what we do. We thank-you for your positive review. It's always pleasing knowing a client has had an enjoyable experience. We hop... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Easy build process.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have built two investments properties with Nostra and very satisfied with their build quality. Supervisors Paul and Wayne were outstanding very helpful and prompt. Colours and Materials selection was easy and well organised. Customer service very informative and timely communicated, with regular phone calls and emails. Thank you Nostra and keep up the good work, I highly recommend Nostra.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Nostra Homes Official

Thank-you for your positive feedback. Nostra Homes thrives on good Customer Service and Quality and seems we delivered both. We are thrilled to hear that your site supervisor was helpful and prompt, and you had an enjoyable experience.

1 of 3 pages