NRMA Motor Serve Brookvale

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Liberty Subaru Service. I was told my Liberty Subaru needed 1. New Timing belt- Quote $1473
2. Front Brakes-Quote $499. 3. Front Shocks -Quote $1116. 4. Rear Shocks - $988. Total $4076
I decided to seek another opinion. Subaru Specialists Forestville Replaced 1.Timing Belt. 2. Front Brakes. 3. Two new Tyres 4 Wheel Alignment. 5.Road Tested. All O.K. Shocks Both O.K. Total $1324,00
A difference of $2752. How disappointing that these people are ripping us off. One expects more from an NRMA
Garage Service.

What else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

What do you expect from crooks, all insurance companies are just crooks, they take your money and when you claim you have to fight for your rights, NRMA is one of the worst.

Unnecessary repairs and total rip off.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I went for a service at seven hills and they came up with so many unnecessary repairs.They said I needed to change the front brake pads.Imagine the cost $495.I don't no why they changed the whole component.I asked the Manger if they were using genuine parts he said no,All parts used are after market.I rang up Toyota they said the cost to change the front brake pads would be $189 with genuine Toyota parts with labor.Every repair has a labor charge.The total time spent on my car was not more than 3hrs. The labor charge was $538.Iam a gold member with 11 policies with NRMA.I will never go again nor advice any one.My advice think twice. .

NRMA Gosford

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Sorry to hear about the number of problems. NRMA MotorServe at Gosford is excellent. Very organised, friendly, helpful service and no follow up problems.

DO NOT USE NRMA MOTORSERVE ARTARMON

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I was in at NRMA Motorserve Artarmon yesterday (03/07/2017) having left my car with them for the weekend for a log book service and water pump replacement in anticipation of me selling my car. When I arrived to pick up my car the paperwork was not ready, and took a couple of minutes for the reception team to organise. When they did they informed me that “they had run into a problem with my car”. I was expecting some issues as I had been called on Thursday by the centre, requesting that they have permission to change the timing belt in my car as the “timing belt and the water pump came as a kit and they didn’t have a record of the timing belt being changed”. I told them that unless there was something wrong with the timing belt that they weren’t to change it.

At the service centre on Monday, they explained that my car was not starting as there was no compression in my third cylinder. Obviously this sounded very strange as I had driven my car into the service centre on Thursday without any issues, and I had never had any problems starting the car. I was taken out to see my car and was shown that it was not starting, and then was shown that coolant has supposedly leaked into my engine, which was shown by stains on my spark plugs. They had also put oil around the spark plugs in an attempt to get the car to start, which can cause damage by itself as you should only be putting petrol into your car engine. They then, eventually, explained that the damage was so severe that I would need to replace the engine in my car to get it running again, the cost for which was $4500 plus the $1000 for the timing belt kit that they had originally demanded. Otherwise I can get whatever is left of my rego and insurance for the year, and hope that I can get some money selling the scraps of my car.

It should also be noted that while I was seated in the waiting room of the NRMA service centre, trying to sort out any other options I might have, short of throwing away a car that had worked perfectly well four days previously, four other people were told that their cars did not pass their rego inspections and they would need hundreds of dollars’ worth of repairs before NRMA would certify them as road worthy.

I was able to tow the car to another mechanic for a second opinion, and was told that the gasket heads over my spark plugs had not been fully inserted, so the combustion chamber wasn’t sealed. Obviously when the gasket heads were fully closed, the car started and was able to burn off the oil that was recklessly put into my engine. The second mechanic, Pacific Automotive, was able to complete the service, fix my water pump and replace the newly damaged spark plugs and coolant hose for less money than NRMA had originally quoted, and in less time. They also took the time to explain to me the indicators of what would be in my engine had coolant leaked into it, and talked me through the exact costs of replacing the damaged parts and what was wrong with the car.

Either the mechanics at NRMA Artarmon are completely incompetent, or they are malicious in their assessment and treatment of customers’ cars, but they were sloppy in their treatment of my car and entirely wrong in their service recommendations. They demonstrated that they were just after as much money as they thought they could get for the car, regardless of the accuracy of their recommendations or the impact of the financial burden on their customers. It is disgusting behaviour, especially from a well-known national mechanic, and I hope this will serve as a warning to anyone else who books their car in with NRMA to get a second opinion before paying for their repairs.

NRMA Artarmon is a total scam and rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

Total SCAM! They'll quote you a list of unnecessary repairs costing a few thousand dollars and hold your pink slip as ransom! The quoted price for 'necessary' and/or recommended repairs are also waaaay overpriced! Always ask for a written price list with exact details of the 'faulty' parts and take your car elsewhere for a second opinion. Better to go elsewhere to get your pink slip /service done coz NRMA Artarmon is a total rip off!!! Totally not worth it. Bad experience with NRMA ARTARMON branch.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

better off going somewhere else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I have not received my local business staff discount at artamon nrma which I was promised and this was the only reason why I went with them. My bill being over $1000 I was depending on the discount.
It just seems like staff members do not communicate very well with each other.

They nearly gave me the wrong set of keys as well!

I will let my colleagues know that this has happened that local stuff discount does not apply all the time!

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Incompetent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

My Corolla was sent to NRMA Motorserve Campbelltown to replace the fuel pump. They replaced the whole assembly rather than the fuel pump to save time but the cost was for the whole assembly. Re-assembly was poor, fuel leaking and fuel gauge not working. On return they managed to stop the fuel leaking but the gauge now reads randomly. My local mechanic charges less has removed this assembly a few times to replace the fuel pump with no issues. This is a basic job that couldn't be done without stuff ups and breakages. Don't go near them.

• 3 helpful votes

NED KELLY is STILL ALIVE and RUNs NRMA MOTORSERVE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

WARNING WARNING DO NOT USE NRMA MOTORSERVICE
Sucked in by the standard service it was cheap at $160 and we all trust the NRMA?
Told repairs required to the value of $3,500
Got a second quote from my local mechanic ALL up $131
Total rip off, I have been a member for 50 years never go their again, its all gone down hill since it was privatised.
Tell all your contacts lets put them out of business

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Shonky! what a rip stay away.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I got the run around before extracting a quote for replacement of 2 engine mounts.
The job is quoted by them to be 2 and 1/2 hrs labour and parts (Two engine mounts $180).
The total $800 quoted. Should be no more than $400 tops. I got the job done elsewhere for $308 total.
Dont use these shonky guys. And reception was rude also.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

3 visits, $640 later and still making original grinding noise

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I will try to keep this factual but my god am I disappointed with NRMA Motor Serve in Artarmon. These are the events in order:

1. Checked car in for routine logbook service ($250 approx.)
2. Noticed car was making creaking noises when breaking a week later that I didn't notice before servicing (this could be coincidence)
3. They told me it was drive chain and linch pin related which costs me another $640 to repair
4. Car is still making original creaking noise and on top or it an added very loud grinding noise from wheels
5. Take car bac
k and find out they installed a faulty linch pin and needs to be replaced (another day without my car)
6. No grinding noise now but care is still making the original creaking noise when breaking!!!
7. Called numerous times to talk with managed who always happen to be out of office, or left early, or out on call and will "call me back". Never a call back. Absolutely seamless, no one even apologies or took ownership of faults.

I feel cheated and robbed. Over $800 spent and still stuck with the same original noise I took my car in for and apparently have some problem I never mentioned or noticed fixed which made no difference in performance or handling but made a huge difference to my wallet.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes