NRMA Majura park Unreliable workmanship and rude staff

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I did Subaru Liberty drive belt replacement at the cost of $800+. Later on I started getting drive belt noise and had to confront with rude staff to get a booking to have a look. After second time 'fix', I'm still getting the noise. I will never go back to this place. Beware others who will be misled by NRMA name.

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Service has dropped off substantially

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

My cer service seemed to take much longer than expected even though it appeared to be a quiet day. In the past the customer service was excellent at hornsby but seemed very hit and miss this time. Wont be going there again. One ongoing problem they have always had is the unintelligible billing. Theres a service fee which they tell you up front. Then theres the consumables fee then the labour fee. Cant they simply quote one all up fee ! This is not exclusive to the nrma but is a massive rort in car servicing. sick of it. Will find a service centre which bills you what they quote.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Deceptive website and unreliable staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

GOLD member.

First issue: my wife booked online, where there is a checkbox asking if you would like the bonus pink slip with your service, worth $40. The offer expired on 31 December, but it's taken me 10 minutes to locate where that information is tucked away behind two further links on their website. If the offer has expired, why the hell hasn't the booking page been updated ? Needless to say, she was charged the extra $40.

Second issue: Rockdale Motorserve isn't very close to public transport, but they said, "You call, and we can pick you up from the station.". Wife calls at 3:20. Stands around in the heat until 4pm. Tries repeatedly to call them to find where her lift is. Gives up and takes the 20 minute walk there in the heat. "Oh, there was a miscommunication", says the guy who took the original call. No explanation as to why they agreed to collect someone and then didn't bother to call to determine why they hadn't been picked up. Turns out that they had two people to collect from two locations and only picked up one.

Update: they have said that they will refund the $40, but not today, as the manager isn't here until Wednesday. He'll call then. Seriously ? Something as simple as a refund is dependant on one single person ? Not good enough, Motorserve.

2nd update: Got the refund. Initially, they wanted to pay it by bank cheque, which would take around two weeks. EVEN though the original payment was made by credit card. Then they said, to refund by credit card, you'll have to come in and sign for the refund. Honestly. Motorserve, 1980 called, and they want your accounting system back.

They can't all be like this, can they ???

stanhope gardens

NRMA Motorserve Rousehill

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

I have used the services of NRMA Motorserve Rousehill for service of my car as well as for wheel balancing & wheel alignment. I find that I find them to provide a good quality of service with members getting discounts as well

Dishonest practice - Never go there!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

I had a flat battery and, after jump start by NRMA road side assist, was advised to have the battery charged up at NRMA MotorServe free of charge. Went to the Hornsby MotorServe and was told it would take about 20 minutes. I went back after a brief lunch and was told that the battery could not be charged up, and both the alternator and the battery have to be replaced for $800. I repeatedly asked if the car could start now, but they refused to answer directly; instead they said they did not recommend me driving off with the car.

I did not find the mechanics there too experienced or trustworthy. So I insisted that they jumped start my car and drove it to my local auto service for a second opinion. The service there was such a contrast to NRMA MotorServe! The local mechanics tried to restart the car and it just managed to do so (that means the battery was actually charging up and the NRMA MotorServe guys were lying about the alternator!). He said that they could charge up my battery, but to save money, I should drive my car home and leaving the engine on for a couple of hours to charge up the battery. I did exactly that and the car started up beautifully in the morning!

I am so disappointed by the dishonest practice at the Hornsby MotorServe that I decided to share my experience here.

• 1 review

Will never go back!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2018

Being an NRMA Gold member and also having NRMA Comprehensive Car Insurance I decided to book my car in for a complimentary pink slip. Normally, I would have taken it to my usual mechanic, but thought I wouldn't bother him just for a pink slip, as far as I was concerned there was no reason to not to issue one. BIG MISTAKE! $2,500 later!! Apart from the other repairs I was told I needed, I was advised I had major oil leaks. I regularly get my car serviced and was never advised I had oil leaks, nor any other problems. I drive to work and park in the same spot and park in the same spot when at home and in both places there was never any evidence of oil leaks. When I mentioned this to the NRMA, the reply was "the oil gets blown away by the wind"!! When I initially collected my car from the NRMA after they passed the pink slip, I noticed there was a considerable noise that wasn't there previously. I was advised that the engine mounts they had just replaced were faulty and needed to be replaced again, so I returned the car to have the new mounts replaced. Upon collecting my car again, I noticed the noise was still there so I looked under the bonnet and noticed that the mechanic had wedged a piece of cardboard under a part, to try and stop the noise. I rang them back to inform the noise was still there and was advised to bring my car back in again. When I mentioned the bit about the cardboard, I was told "well, at least they're trying to fix the problem"!!! Anyhow they replaced the engine mounts three times before they realised that the problem was in the air conditioning compressor (a problem that wasn't there previous to booking into the NRMA). A new compressor was installed and regassed, but the a/c is not very cold (I will be getting this independently checked). At one point when I went to collect my car, I was told that if I had arrived one hour earlier, I would have seen my engine on the work shop floor. I would have thought it would take more than one hour to reinstate an engine. When I mentioned this at a later stage I was told that the engine had never been removed. Overall this whole experience took about 6 weeks and my car is still making noises when the air conditioning is on, but not as nearly as bad as it was, but I'm fed up and can't be bothered to take it back. I was given a replacement car to use for one of the weeks they had may car, but I am still out of pocket for around $100 for public transport fares, not to mention 1/4 minimum tank of petrol they used to test drive my car after one of their repairs, to which they admitted "we probably owe you some petrol money".To sum up, I will never use or recommend NRMA for car servicing and I will be taking my car to another mechanic to confirm that the work they said they did, was actually done. This whole experience has been very disappointing especially as I have shares in the NRMA, and as a result I will be shopping around for another insurance provider. Just remembered, I booked the pink slip for first thing in the morning. Arrived and was told that it wouldn't be ready until about 9.30 am and could wait. I said I'll just wait at home, as I lived not far away and will come back at 9.30 am. When I came back I was told the report/quote was being prepared and would be ready in about 1/2 an hour. I asked if it could be emailed to me as I was already late for work. Was advised that was OK. Never received the email report until just before 4.00 pm. So much for the 1/2 hour wait!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Just wanted to thank a couple of people from the NRMA yesterday. I am with Hyundai Care assistance package and they subcontract with NRMA for towing etc.
Yesterday, I needed my car to be towed to the dealership in Sydney. Not great to start with and two hours after waiting i get a call saying that it might be another few hours. I explained I had to go back into hospital - and within 15 minutes some was with me, above and beyond helpful, and actually took care of the whole procedure which was outside of their remit.
I can't say thanks enough.

Justin

• 1 review

NRMA Seven Hills

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I always service my Honda CRV with the Honda Blacktown and never had any issues. One day I got a call from NRMA regarding this GOBUNDLE product, which I found attractive and got sucked in. After about 6 months booked in service at Seven Hills and experience was very bad. You neither get any reminders before your scheduled booking date nor a call when the car is ready for pick up. After the service when I paid the money and picked up the car I realised they didn't wash the car. When I asked they said we were very busy. They offered to wash my car so I waited for the car to be washed and at that time I looked at the invoice and realised that name and address on invoice is not mine but somebody else. Even the registration number is different. Again went to reception and she said yes we knew and there was big mixup as my car linked to another person. She said that but car repairs belong to me and NRMA head office is trying to fix it up. I even asked whether they really serviced my car and she said yes.
She should have been upfront in telling me that car is not washed, the name and address is wrong because of the mix up. If you don't figure out then what's wrong then they do'n't tell you upfront. Total lack of honesty. Once this happens then you start to lose confidence. I am not sure whether they really did the log book servicing and how many things they haven't told me.
Then I looked at the Google reviews and found out there many people like me. Please don't go by NRMA name. Stay away from GOBUNDLE and NRMA CAR SERVICING

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Was offered a complimentary car wash during service, got my car back with extra scratches and oil ma

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

$229 is a reasonable price for a car service you might think. But here's what you get in return for the cost cutting at Gladesville;

1. Total lack of attention by mechanics, who rarely deliver what was offered. Free complimentary car wash? My car was returned with scratches on previously unblemished areas, and covered in grubby oil marks. Free complimentary car washes my butt.

2. Total lack of respect or intelligence on behalf of the mechanics. In addition to a lower price, they also have far lower quality mechanics - the rejects who weren't good enough to be employed by dealerships. Opening a bonnet may seem easy to the rest of us, but to the mechanics at Gladesville, it is a backbreaking job that requires them to use screw drivers which inevitably makes many scratches on your pristine front bumper. They didn't even attempt to hide it either, instead leaving plenty of oil marks over the front bumper that drew attention to the new damage.

3. Dishonesty. They didn't notify me at all of anything that went wrong, yet alone that they left so much damage. Another funny thing is that my tyres only have 1 mm above the legal 1.6mm minimum, yet the boys at Gladesville signed that off as "good" - because a) they can't sell you tyres so there's no need to upsell another service and b) checking tyres requires bending down and that is too much work. So when they tell me that I only have 2mm of brake pads left, why should I believe them? Definitely pursuing NRMA for damages and will check over everything myself since I have the factory workshop manual anyways.

Never service your car here, learn from what I learnt. $229 (I'm an NRMA member, pity me) + $200 plus of damage to my car is much more expensive than the $325 Ford charges at dealerships for a service such as this.

Disgusting service waited hours for rego check

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I don’t usually write reviews however this experience was so horrible I want to warn others never go to NRMA Brookvale service centre. I arrived midday as arranged for the rego check five hours later thy tell me I need new tyres: Charged for a wheel alignment $88.00 and said I need it again after replacement of tyres. I was furious left at 5.30om Guy writing out the bill was so slow said system was down: Took my car for rego check elsewhere to be told the tyres are fine: I have my car serviced regularly at a good mechanic so I was surprised I needed new tyres when I had them checked 2 months ago. That over 60 free rego check is a scam to get you there so they find something wrong with your car to get the business. No apology for the 5 hour waiting time either: So incompetent I doubt if the mechanics are any better. Whatever they did with my rego check the car is idiling way to fast. I will never use NRMA again and after this atrocious service, total ripoff too I am seriously considering never being with NRMA for anything ever again, I have been a loyal customer for many years always insuring with them. I notice they seem to rely on old timers like myself. Everyone in the service centre was a senior Guess the younger folk are more clued up
not to go there.

Waste of time TERRIBLE service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Booked a pink slip for 10am tol it would be 1 hour, 2.5 hours later still waiting! Terrible customer service! A complete waste of time.

WISH I HAD READ REVIEWS FIRST

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

Left car at Caringbah NRMA motorserve centre to check on brake squeal. Was charged $89 to check and quote being told all the brakes were worn out and all needed replacing and machining urgently at a cost of $895.00. NRMA employee refused to supply a copy of the report of the repairs needed although I paid $89. The urgency of the quoted repairs was exaggerated.
The quote was way too expensive for the work to be performed so took the car elsewhere and had the same work performed for half the price. Definitely would not return to an NRMA motorserve centre

Don't Take Car There They Destroy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

1800 dollars later and my car came out worse.

Free inspection... Don't do it. $40 cost at least 1000 with these dodgy people.

Very very disappointed!

Destroyed suspension on my car. Have now to pay real mechanics to fix there dodgyness.

I'm a person that normally wouldn't say anything and suck it up and pay but I want other to know to not take car there. Its not nrma just franchise.

Verified Customer

Horrible experience of log book serving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

They said they have complimentary wash and vacuum, but my car wasn't washed and you know what they left some dirt marks on my seats, and they didn't adjust and clean my breaks. They charged me full service price and they gave a quote which was more expensive than original vw service quote. Unbelievable NRMA.

Terrible! Never using the service again! Rouse Hill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I left my car for a regular service and wheel alignment. I was told this process would take four hours. So I waited. In four hours I had not heard back from them so I gave them a call. It turns out, they had broken the wheel nuts and studs and said they would replace it free of charge. They told me to wait two more hours so they could order more parts!! So I waited and called them yet again, and guess what? I was told to wait ANOTHER two hours. So at this point anyone would be angry, there was no communication on their end- I only got updates when I called them. If you think it couldn't get any worse, when I went to collect my car, I was told that the wheel alignment hadn't even been done!!!
I wasted a whole day, I wouldn't recommend that anybody pay for an inefficient service.

NRMA HOME CAR MOBILE SERVICE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I rang NRMA home mobile car service and I booked. Its fairly new. They send me a mechanic of which he was excellent. My car never been driven as good as this before. He was fast, and knew exactly what he was doing (not like other mechanics). I was very impressed, so I booked my second car with them and I demanded to get same mechanic. Excellent service. Many thanks NRMA.

• 3 helpful votes

NRMA Pre-purchase car inspection report

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I recently booked for the pre-purchase inspection report with NRMA. Booked for a morning session, until mid no one been to the car yard. I had to call and check and some one sent later in the evening for inspection.
Appears to be very young bloke been sent for this inspection and report sent to me around 5pm.
I was in shock when I saw the content of the report, report mention about hail storm indents, which i didn't see any while I was there on the previous day when I went to have look at the yard. And also many other facts on the report, such as oil leaks, under body loose covers / rust, accident evidence, brake shudder etc. I have to visit the yard couple of time to see myself physically whether the content of the report are true. None of the above I could not find true. Not only I have to pay NRMA $320 for inspection, for peace of my mind I have to purchase an extended warrant from another insurance company for $800. If I wouldn't have done this NRMA inspection for this worthless report I would have saved $1120.
I contacted the NRMA and ask to show this report defects on the car or refund the money, they are not interested to show and very adamant they have done nothing wrong and no refund.
Never ever ever go to NRMA, waste of money. NRMA is no more reputed company, they are now cheater and day light robbers.

cowra, nsw

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

All five Star reviews are fake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

five star reviews are posted by NRMA Motor serve or someone associated with them to try to make them selves look good after so many negative reviews, instead of changing the their business practices they would rather write fake reviews... I know someone who worked for them & he was saying the managers or an employee, or friend of certain branches & its wide spread across most branches, were posting fake 5 star reviews to make them look good from all the neagative reviews

Corrimal, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 15 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Great Service at Wollongong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

I have had my car serviced every 6 months at Wollongong Motoserve since early 2014. They give great customer service and explain everything that needs to be done. Between services I have rung them on a couple of occasions and they gave great advice over the phone.
Nothing was too much trouble. I got a free pink slip with the last Service. I trust them and feel safe leaving my car there.

Sydney, Australia

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Top Car service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

Have my car services by NRMA so many years. This is the first time feeling that I was not ripping off by them. Gladesville is the new one that I try this time. Because some promotion on. 100 dollars take off from the bill and free pink slip as well. One more important thing is the report is clear and detail what they did. They do suggest some problem need attention but not force on you unexpectedly.

1 of 5 pages