Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Exactly what i needed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

I can use this to blend hard fruit and veggies into smoothies. I use it to make dips and even banana nice cream. It really gets it all done well! The machine feels sturdy and not cheap like the nutri bullet which was a total waste of money.

Purchased at: Gumtree

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Extractor blade problems

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I loved my Ninja and used it regularly for smoothies and creamed soups etc but.......
Bearing went in first set of extractor blades and again on replacement set. Second set may not have been genuine part but who can tell when ordering on line. Missed it so much I bit the bullet (so to speak), that I went and bought latest model.

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Easiest Blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

It's not the "best" blender I have used/owned but it is the easiest to use, clean and store.
It does a great job blending protein shakes etc but when blending whole fruit or ice lareger chunks remain.
But on the whole I love this blender!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Worked well for me a few days.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

Like the headline says..was very pleased with the iQ until I had to keep wiggling the cup until I hit the right place to get the blender to work! Not worth the price..GRRR!

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Use it everyday!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I am really impressed with this blender and it far surpassed my expectations! I previously owned the Nutri bullet but I really like the feature of the buttons on this Nutri ninja and the ability to see how many seconds you've been blending for. I blend frozen things and it's not an issue at all! All my smoothies and juices blend smoothly and it doesn't take long at all. Really easy to get in all those healthy foods when it's so simple!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Gorokan, NSW

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Cant Live WIthout It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

My sister has recently had a baby and borrowed my Nutri Ninja for a week to make all of her baby food. She went and bought one only because i asked for mine back I use my Nutri Ninja at least once a day. Mostly in the morning for smoothies. Wintertime it is perfect for soups as you can just cut everything into large chunks add some stock and to absolutely annihilates the raw bits into a smooth soup. it has a pulse function that allows you to break food down into smaller chunks as it they had been finely chopped with a knife. i even use it to chop my herbs. Easy to clean. Is a little noisy but that's what you get if you want that much power. :-)

Melaniefinn458@gmail.com

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great all rounder

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Extremely quick , very sharp blades so can chop nuts, veggies at immense speed. Love the sizes of containers offered. daughter aged 10 loves to make smoothies for breakfast doesn’t require my being there to help

Purchased at: Joyce Mayne

Pokolbin

• 2 comments
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: May 2017

Beware health hazard!! Food trapped in seal!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Please beware and don't use for your precious babies or children for risk of food poisoning. Although the blender itself functions well though loud however my concern is the seal in the blade section. Massive design flaw dangerous to you and babies health!!! There is a white rubbery ring hidden deep in a groove of the blade assembly, that i assume makes it water tight. I was using it to make smoothies and had a few odd tummy upsets. I always washed the cup and blade immediately after use with a bottle brush to get in annoying grooves, after 2 months i noticed it smelt foul. I cleaned with boiled water, anti bacterial washing liquid you name it. By accident i discovered the white rubber seal could be removed if you dug it out with a pointed object with great difficulty. What i discovered made me sick to the stomach, literally! A built up of rotten food and milk all mouldy and rancid, the worst smell ever. Thank god i didn't prep my baby food in it as it probably would've killed her. I have scrubbed all inside that section and soaked the white ring in pure disinfectant. The rotten smell still lingers in the plastic. I perservere using it as it was a gift from my husband for my first mothets day this year. But pulling it apart to clean thoroughly is a pain. I think i might swap it for a different brand or design. Such a shame as the actual performance is fine (sometimes a bit too frothy actually making smoothies gluggy like thickshake).

Purchased at: Domayne

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Safety issue

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I do not recommend buying these. I had only used it for a few months (irregularly - just for making smoothies), and it started to have leakage issues. I pulled out the seal (from the blade part) & underneath there was putrid rotten food!! A definitely safety and hygiene problem if food was getting behind the seal, (which you're not supposed to remove according to the info booklet). If you google search, it's a known problem! I took it back to the shop (Good Guys), and although the manufacturer denied liability, Good Guys agreed with me and swapped it for something else.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Efficient, easy and effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I love this blender - it's quick, easy to clean, easy to store, does its job, is fairly inexpensive, doesn't take a lot of time to work - best blender ever.

Purchased at: Woolworths

• 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

I have used two other bullet type blenders in the past & this one would have to be the best by far . It has a powerful motor & I love the different options it gives for blending . I would definitely recommend the Nutri Ninja & have had mine now for around 6 months. It sits on my bench & does not take up a lot of room .

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Good blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Great blender. We were tossing up between a Nutri blender and this. We ended up going with ninja to find out you have to hold it down to blen when you take your hand off it stops. Only annoying thing

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

This blender is perfect for me and my partner. It is so hard to find a blender that will actually crush ice. This does! All nutients are in the juice / smoothy and gosh you feel the energy when you have 1 a day. I have doubled my veggie intake a day with this beauty.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Not worth the money.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

Fruits and nuts are lumpy after blending it for one minute. I cant stand to leave it on for a long time because of high noise level. It can also leak making it messy for the base to be cleaned. A bit pricey for what it can do. I could have just got myself a proper blender.

Purchased at: Big W

Aberglasslyn

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

I absolutely love the Nutri Ninja

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I'm so happy with the Nutri Ninja, I have been using it for about a year now and its still going strong. I think its really well built and love that the blender cups come with lids so you can blend up your smoothie and take it out in the car with you

Purchased at: Big W

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Great for smoothies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

We couldn't live without this blender. We use it daily for smoothies as it blends very quickly and efficiently. It is quite loud but I feel that the noise is a small price to pay for how quick and effect it is. Overall we are happy with this appliance for fruit and veg.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Good for morning smoothies

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Th is blender is good for softer foods and making smoothies although it had trouble grinding almonds.

Overall this is a good product for an ok price and I would recommend for people who like smoothies for breakfast

Rainbow Beach

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Not good for juicing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

No good for juicing but great for general blending/crushing nuts etc.
Storage effective as it doesn't take up much room.
I love the individual serving jars as they are very convenient for small batches or individual smoothies.
It is very loud so if you need to be noise conscious example sleeping baby or shift worker in the house you would need to take this into consideration when using.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Had this for a while now. It makes great smoothies. Blends super quick & smooth. It is quite loud. Storage wise it doesnt take up much space at all. Great for soups also.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I was a little skeptical about buying this blender as I thought it wouldn's work as advertised. It works really well with all different levels of thickness you desire. The jugs and lids have been working just fine. So far no issues.

1 of 18 pages

I only own My BL480 for a couple of weeks. First week was great. But now it is not sharp any more because the shakes are not smooth as before. Is anyone else have the same problem?

Chinny911 asked on Dec 16, 2017

Hi , i have a nutri ninja auto iq,used it the first couple of days and it worked well with no problem whatsoever,last time I used it on auto iq extract it worked well and I turned it off after using it. I tried to use it today,turned it on,but the blender is not coming on,light isn't coming on,nothing at all. Do you have any idea what might be wrong? Considering the last time I used it ,it worked well with no issues. Thank you

Oses asked on Nov 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Oses. Sorry to hear you are having that problem. My brother in-law had a similar problem and as the blender was still under warranty he was able to organise a replacement. I do believe however his may have got liquid in the blender multiple times. Sometimes this happens when the lid is not screwed on securely. If you do not believe this has been the case though it may be an electrical issue with the machine itself and might be worth phoning the store in which you bought it to ask their advice. I hope that helps. Best of luck. :).

Hi Sarah ,Thank you so much for your answer. I bought the nutri ninja whilst in the United Kingdom . i got to nigeria couple of weeks ago , first few times I used the nutri ninja it worked (power source was from the nation utility grid) , we had a power outage and I tried using the second time , unfortunately it didn't come on,I got a little bit worried,hence the reason I sought for help on product review. Power from the national utility grid was restored a day later,plugged the nutri ninja and it came on, working perfectly.
I have come to the conclusion that the nutri ninja BL490UK will not work with power generated from a generator source.
I also have a nutribullet 600 watts which I tried and it worked with power generated from a generator .
Many thanks for your response

I have the Nutra Ninja 1000w .It turns on and the count down starts but the motor does not start. Any idea what the problem may be.

Charlie asked on Nov 11, 2017