Woodside

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Poor /no communication - except for the bills of course!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

It all started well, then came the huge variations that we weren't told about for 5 months of planning. After buying a flat block with a compaction certificate we were given a 12k variation to dig it out. That was march. The variation was dated the previous October and no one shared that information. We raced through selections all of January so not to hold anything up. We only got our selections pack half way through Dec so I think we did well considering the Xmas break. We had been told that if we did our part, it would happen quickly. That obviously changed when someone tried to bill us the extra costs. We tried to pull out of the contract but were told something could be arranged. That was soil removal for 700 tonne! After that was paid, at a much higher rate than agreed we are left with 25k of retaining which wasn't in the original budget or plan. Trying to communicate is impossible, the only contact we get is invoices. Now we will be homeless at Christmas because the build is tracking far behind and the supervisor won't make contact. Our landlord tried to be as flexible as they could but are having to sell and after 3 month extension they can't extend any longer. So we now have Christmas with four children and nowhere to live. So far, it's been terrible.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Dear Bianca, We’re sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the building of your new home. We pride ourselves on our customer service and will look into the situation regarding your build. If... read more »

Oakford Homes Official

Dear Bianca It has been a few weeks since you posted your review and while I have corresponded with you and have tried to meet with you to discuss your concerns, this has not yet happened. It is n... read more »

Tom, we have suggested times to meet to only be told our emails went to spam. Hard to believe after all of the correspondence that preceded that. We were also told of one week that was available (w... read more »

Adelaide

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Their finish quality was bad.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

Their paint finish was terrible. Paint runs and spatter from the paint spraying causing rough surface finish. Some areas looked like it had only one coat. Spent the week sanding all the skirting and cleaning paint specks off the door handles and chrome balustrade. They should not have accepted a poor paint job like what we got.
On the plus side the cabinetry was excellent. [name removed] did a great job and their process was fantastic.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Dear Tommy, We’re sorry to hear you’re not happy with the quality of finish on your new home. We take quality very seriously, and make every effort to ensure the finish of our homes is of an high ... read more »

Oakford home are true to their commitment to provide customer satisfaction and quality . After meeting with the general manager, construction manager and site supervisor to check all quality conce... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Update to Not Happy Mr Oakford!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2013

My previous post "Not happy Mr Oakford...... all is forgiven!
Father Christmas came early this year!
A bricklayer arrived this morning and repaired the area of concern and it's looking great!
Any concerns I had have been addressed and I'm totally satisfied.
Thankyou Oakford Homes
I'm very grateful to Oakford homes and especially to General Manager - a real gentleman!

Previous Review:
I'd like to express my total disappointment with Oakford Homes.
I love my Oakford Home or did, before it started cracking up. It has serious structural cracking to external bricks as well broken bathroom and kitchen tiles - all across the 'cut and fill' line.
Their 25 year Structural Warranty led me to believe the damage would be fixed/repaired but after four and a half years of investigative work to find a 'cause' which was inconclusive - I have been told by their representitive 'they will 'go no further'.
So much for your '25 Year Structural Warranty' Mr.Oakford!

+ Bricklayer made great repairs. All concerns addressed!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

good job from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

The whole process is streamlined and efficient. From Roy in the show homes who helped us decide on a plan ( which we changed a lot). To Kim in the planning dept, who accommodated yet more of our own planning decisions and changes. And Dave the supervisor who had to pull it all together.And all the other people we didn't have so much contact with but all did a good job. We are very pleased with the result and the house has turned out just as we wanted.( we changed a lot of the internal layout and added an under roof alfresco, and we totally changed the look of the exterior.)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Excellent Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

It was an absolute pleasure building with Oakford Homes. A stress free process from start to finish. From the new build consultant who was very helpful and informative to the professional, efficient site manager who was a pleasure to
work with. Any issues were promptly dealt with and sorted. A quality build with very high standard of selections. I would highly recommend Oakford to anyone Intending to build a new home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2016

Professional Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

As this was our first house build we chose Oakford Homes mainly on the basis of customer reviews. Their quotation to build our house was not the cheapest nor the most expensive. We found Oakford's contract and selection process easy to manage and appreciated the guidance and help from Oakford's professionals.
Throughout the construction we were overseas and kept updated on progress by Oakford's Project Manager. We have been delighted with the quality of build and finish with the house. After handover there were minor issues which Oakford resolved in a timely manner.
Oakford's staff have been extremely helpful from start to finish in all departments. Any questions we gave them during the construction were answered promptly.
We recommend them and would certainly use Oakford Homes if we were to build again.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Best Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Oakford Homes provides premium services with an average price tag.
First, their new home consultant at Blackwood Park, she is one of the best consultant I have ever met, she is so knowledgeable and patient, you will definitely not feel any pressure to sign a contract with her, she always keep you communicated, even after you have signed contract, that’s so different from other consultants, they do not bother to give you a call after get your deposit.
Secondly, I strongly recommend their supervisor, he checks your site every week, and return your calls promptly, it does not matter whether it is an issue or an improvement you wish to have, he will try his best to help you out, I have built with quite a few other builders before, the only time I met my supervisors is the time they hand over the keys. It is really a pleasure to work with him along the way.
The build quality of the house was very good with excellent attention to detailing and finishing. You do have to go through quite a few places to finish color selection, but my color selection assistant guided me through the whole process, she presented you all different options and also gave you the best recommendation, I called her many times during the selection, she always answers your calls and takes time out to see you and help you.
I strongly recommend Oakford Homes, and I have been doing so since they have built my home.

Verified Customer

Great customer service and a good overall experince

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

Oakford Homes provided a hassle free and good experience with the build of the house. Being a first house build, all our questions and enquiries were responded to promptly throughout the planning and building phase. We found them to be a very honest and fair priced builder especially for a custom design home with predetermined appliances and fixtures.

The build quality of the house was very good with excellent attention to detailing and finishing. All the selection processes was very inviting and open ended with transparent price variation. The quality of all the internal fixtures including the cabinetry through Aldon Cabinet makers, doors and toilet fixtures were excellent and thoughtful in terms of placement and future maintenance (without our input as we didn't pay that much attention to detail, Eg: at what height the towel rails were put on or the tiling between the bath and the wall to be raised so it can be accessed for cleaning). Although, they have a 3 month post-handover maintenance, some urgent fixes/additions were carried out as soon as notified (same day in our case).

The building supervisor along with the administration staff and the contractors were a pleasure to work and second to none, even with last minute changes to the build and post handover fixes.

Oakford Homes definitely demonstrated the upside of building our own house with an absolutely stress free process and just great customer service. Would happily use the builder for a second build.

McCracken

A great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

We purchased a block of land with a small slope and we required a builder that was experienced, that's why we chose Oakford Homes. A very high standard of finish throughout the build, from the planning process, concrete slab, right through to tiling, painting and fixtures and fittings. The build was managed by a very competent supervisor. Everything very organised during selection process, with backup available if required.
A building company that is very organised and the service and support was very much appreciated. They made building a pleasure.

Extremely happy with our Custom Home built by Oakford Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2016

Our experience with Oakford Homes has been exemplary, they truly are the quintessential building company in South Australia.

Stacy and I purchased a block with a troubling slope and needed a building company with practical knowledge and experience to help us with our project. We customised our house to the block; minimising soil removal and retaining walls, while maximising the size of the house and using the natural features and view to our advantage. We took these basic drawings to an Oakford display centre and two very competent sales women discussed in detail with us the experience Oakford have building custom homes, answering all questions and concerns we had. With this in mind, we signed with confidence to start the build as it fell into our tight budget.

Our experience from those first few meetings didn't change, we then went on to meet Oakford Homes management and selections staff. We had an initial struggle with council to get the house approved as council wanted the house to be lowered another .7 meters. It doesn't sound like much however, the combination of slope and rock meant it was another budget breaker. Oakford Homes worked tirelessly with us to get the house approved at the original level and on its way (thank you).

Oakford Homes was very helpful and contactable with any changes or selections issues and made the whole selection process a breeze.

Throughout the whole process Oakford Homes quoted fairly and there was at no stage any horrible surprises. I found this to be a great stress reliever and from my opinion as a customer it was excellent! We had found a quality company that was affordable, honest and reliable.

The house then went into construction and we met our site supervisor. From here, things didn't change. Watching the house go up was AMAZING. The thought and engineering that went into making the basic house plan we designed was second to none. Being an under croft with the garage dug into the slope and living areas on top, this required significant cut and fill and a custom specialised suspended slab floor/roof over the garage. The structure and footings were amazingly complex with pillars and reinforcement, all woven together into a super solid structure. I take my hat off to the Oakford Homes engineer - very impressed!! I'm sure the foundations would survive a nuclear blast. The brick work is beautiful and no short cuts were taken. Our new neighbours remarked on how fussy the brick layer was - if he wasn't happy he would redo it and as a result the brick work looks absolutely fantastic.

The internal fit out with the kitchen and cupboard's was very easy on the eye, with smooth, neat work which is extremely well finished. The tile work is extremely neat, the painting is tidy, we love the beautiful wooden look stairs and the list goes on! The home is extremely hard to fault - not that I didn't try as I'm extremely fussy and can be pedantic at times.

Oakford Homes were very fair, honest and transparent with any queries or issues we had, and we were satisfied with every outcome. I honestly can't believe how good they were to us, I believe this characteristic is unique for the building industry and they really do need credit for it. Oakford Homes really do care about their customers and we are proof of that.

In summary, the overall experience with Oakford Homes, from start to finish, from lower to upper management was excellent and absolutely second to none, they are affordable, honest, fair, reliable and produce a quality product that my wife and I are very very very happy with. If you are thinking of building a home, I highly recommend Oakford Homes.

Thank you to all the staff that helped us with this project, for putting up with us and most importantly, for building our amazing new home!

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Hi Daniel and Stacy, we couldn't be happier to hear your feedback on building with us!

It was a pleasure working with you both and we wish you all the best in your beautiful new home.

All the best,

Golden Grove Village, SA

Happy with Oakford

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

We built two investment homes with Oakford. They were a pleasure to deal with from sales, estimating, selections and during construction. We were very happy with the quality of the workmanship and the site manager was easy to contact and responded to any issues promptly. We have built before and this was a much more pleasurable experience and we would use them again.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Thanks Jo L! We're glad you found all of the various stages of building a home with us a smooth and easy process.

We hope to build again with you in the future!

Many thanks,

Happy With Oakford

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

My wife and I can thoroughly recommend this builder. The sales consultant was very helpful during the design phase. The selection process was seamless with a lot of advice given on color, design.
We were impressed with the quality of the Oakford’s standard fittings. We only had to make a few upgrades.
We were on site during most of the build and were impressed with the quality of workmanship.
In particular we were impressed with the building supervisor for his attention to detail as well as his willingness to keep us up to date with all aspects of the build. True to their word the few things that needed attending to after the build were completed to our satisfaction.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Thanks for your positive recommendation Peter! We take quality very seriously, so it's great to hear that this is evident in your new home.

Enjoy!

Verified Customer

Fantastic builder – smooth and easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2016

We build our home with Oakford. We are very happy with the home and the whole experience.
We kept hearing horror stories of bad builders and as a result I was really nervous. We were presently surprised how smooth everything went.

I have to say we had a great supervisor Darko - I would request him if possible. He was amazing - he would pre-empting problems before they would happen and if he saw anything delaying the build he would let us know. I would often call just to find out what the next step was which I'm sure would have been annoying but he was always patient and explained things well.

We have already referred a few people to the company as a result. You often hear that once the house is handed over that a builder doesn't want to hear from you - this was not true at all - had a few minor things attended to promptly without fuss.

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

Extremely Happy and would Highly Recommend.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2015

Oakford Homes were a pleasure to deal with from the moment we called for a quote on our existing plans. They were prompt to attend and we signed with as soon as we could after being very satisfied with their price and value for money they offered. Having built several times previously this is by far the best experience I have had and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to build.
They maintained a clean work site and progressed the build at a fast rate to finish, from signing the contract to moving in, within 8 months, without compromising on the build quality. In fact on the final inspection there were no items that required attention or fixing. The Supervisor was a pleasure to deal with and was easily contactable and returned calls promptly.
I would highly recommend building with Oakford and when I get the opportunity will certainly engage them for the next build. Cannot speak highly enough of the entire process.

Adelaide, South Australia

Very Satisfied Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2015

Oakford homes provided excellent customer service prior to purchasing our home,the home was built with quality, nothing was too much trouble if we had any queries, our experience with Oakford Homes was excellent, after build customer service was exceptional, I would recommend this company with my personal experience being exceptional, I was impressed with the site manager whom was easy to contact and was more than happy to help with any queries.

Encounter Bay

• 2 helpful votes

Can't praise enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2014

We moved into our new home in March this year. The whole building process was stress free. From sales through to selections and site supervision all Oakford Homes staff were excellent to deal with. It is the best experience building a house we have ever had.

We really can't praise Oakford enough and certainly can't pick a fault. If we were ever to build again we wouldn't hesitate to build with Oakford Homes and we are very happy to recommend them to others.

Oakford were just fabulous and we have a lovely home.

+ Staff were excellent and helpful and very responsive to our requests

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Encounter Bay

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2014

We are building with Oakford at the moment, and are extremely pleased with the progress. Tradies are there every day doing something new. The advice and help we have had from [name removed] has been immeasurable. The service from the administration staff has been wonderful. Nothing has been too much bother. [name removed], the project manager, is always on the ball to discuss any changes etc. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the building and the happy, friendly service along the way. Thank you.

+ Service, quality, efficiency.

Private message

Outstanding - 5 stars if that is the most I can give!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2014

Right from the very beginning with our sales consultant to the very end, our whole experience with Oakford Homes has been extremely enjoyable with polite, friendly staff and contractors.

We have built four times and building a home at the best of times can be daunting and stressful but Oakford Homes made our experience stress free and enjoyable.

All the staff and tradies we came into contact with were so very helpful, professional and respectful. Our new home was well built and the project moved along at at cracking speed but it certainly did not lack in standards or quality. We would certainly recommend Oakford Homes to all and if we ever had to build again we would certainly
return to Oakford Homes. We are very happy with our new home.

+ Helpful, professional and respectful staff and tradies

Our dream home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2014

Thank you to Ron(Housing Consultant), Juliette(Project Co-ordinator), Sue (Client Laison) and all of the Oakford staff and contractors for a well built, beautiful, comfortable home. The help we had from Ron and Juliette was immeasurable before we built and the workmanship in building and fitting out is well above anything we have seen by other builders.

• 3 helpful votes

An individual home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2013

We had so many variations in creating our bespoke home that lesser builders would have shown us the door. But "no", Oakford were kind, patient and attentive and what a delightful result of which both the owners and builders are proud - we actually put on a lttle party with the builders to celebrate the outcome! We felt that we were dealing with family - decent and reliable people indeed.
Despite being a builder in my own right for many years it must be said that it is doubtful that I could have completed this significant project within Oakfords' price let alone having access to all their deep experience and talented tradespeople plus that all important customer service - very happy!

+ Oakford's willingness to work with a pair of fussy, mature clients who wanted something outside the square

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes