This product has been discontinued by Onix (Aldi).

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Get what u pay for

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

It’s only 100 dollars if u want a good tablet got to spend more money. . Can’t complain about when it that cheap. Get what u pay for. I got it for my two year old daughter and it will do until she is older. And if she cracks the screen it was still cheaper then a galaxy

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

This is perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I don't know what everyone's complaining about. I got mine from work $100 and it works and it runs fine.
It holds its charge even with the wifi on. No other issues. A tablet will only freeze and carry on if fill the hard drive up with a huge Amount of games and other crap. I've had no issues best $100 iv ever spent. If you don't like you're Onix tablet from aldi. I will Gladly take your tablet free of charge and free shipping within Australia and western Australia. In its box with charger cable and everything it came with in box. Do not give me a call if it is cracked or physically broken in any way. Here's my number +61435807822. Thank you.

Perth

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Poor Product

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

this is a bad product it is slow, has a bad screen resolution, doesn't have any updates for the firmware and the touch screen sensors are so bad that sometimes you have to tap several times before it works. The cameras are shocking because they take baaaad photos. It doesn't hold charge well and the sound quality is also poor.

Beaumont Hills, NSW Australia 2155

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Worst Tablet available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

The Onix 10.1 inch Tablet is not worth buying. There is a reason why this product is being discontinued. Blurred screen literally. Gives you a headache. Thin lines through middle of the screen. Past review's have stated that there's a slot for a sim card, this is not the case. There is a TF card slot. I would save your money or go to office works which is where I was going to get theirs until I noticed this one reduced to clear at Aldi for $79.99 reduced from $99.99 whereas the one at Officeworks is $90 I bought two for my youngest two children for Christmas a year ago and they are working better than this one which is three day's old.
Terribly disappointed with Aldi because usually their product's are very reputable.. Next time I'll read the review's prior to purchasing.

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Purchased yesterday going back today

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Only $ 69 but disappointingly not even worth that. Terrible screen very grainy. Took a photo and could barely make out the subject. Can't get to set up google as it crashes continuously. Nothing good to say really. Will reset and return as soon as the store opens.
Like Aldi generally and their food is top class - then they sell Chinese crap in the middle of the store which trashes their reputation - I don't get it.
PS> Re-set button didnt even work.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Not worth even the 88$

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Had mine for a week had it up where I mean no one can get it we grab it down and the screen cracks right away grrr not happy with this and will never never buy again..... and to think I was going to get the screen fixed oh hell no 200$ to get it fixed.

Clifton Springs

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Had for a couple of years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Had this tablet for a couple of years, after first one dropped. Have used in truck as navigation all over Oz, lots of dirt, rough, dust roads & vibration.
Has travelled OS on many trips. Been great.
Works fine. Agreed slow, but for the $89 I paid, you don't get a Ferrari.

Has sim card slot & inbuit GPS, so can navigate off grid ( where we mostly travel).

Not sure whether current one has these features, if they did, I'd buy another.

Erina

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Mar 2015

poor tablet

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Very slow poor memory does not hold its charge not a good product just as well it is discontinued also very difficult to find the opening to fit the charger. It is slow but for the price paid it was worth a try but not to be repeated again in the future

Metford, New South Wales

• 22 comments
  • 1 question
  • 8 answers
  • 34 helpful votes

Lasted 2 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I bought this for my daughter for Christmas thinking I was a good dad and all. But you get what you pay for. Or rather you don't get anything really. The buttons on this stopped working only 2 months after she opened it. Imagine the dissapointment. All sensitive data in it. It was a gift so have lost the receipt otherwise I would return it. Should of spent an extra hundred or so and bought a samsung. I always learn the hard way.

Kalgoorlie

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Has android and able to download good apps. Cameras uselss. But the battery life lets it down. Extremely poor and takes a good 12 hours to recharge using 24v. Very poor.

Penrith

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Useless Battery Power, Takes forever to recharge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

Purchased the Onix 10.1' at Aldi, what a bad decision this product has let ALDI down and i now cannot trust them as a brand top sell software products, The battery power is no good on the Onix, our boys had used the Onix tab for less than 2 hours and they went flat, i also charged them up late evening and it took allnight to charge them back up, i ended up turning them off at 4.30am at 80% the 3 tabs had been on charge since 9.30pm..and that next morning again in a little over an hour they went flat, this was supposed to be a christmas present.. not a good look ALDI

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Cheap and nasty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

ALDI Australia are hooked on cheap Chinese products. We purchased the Onix 10.1 ($89) tablet (Nov. 23. 2016) because the ALDI 9.7 ($249) tablet we purchased in May 2012 is broken. First the speakers stopped working then the on/off switch jammed in the off position. So I opened the case to have a look. I ran a computer business for 17 years and worked for Unisys before that so I know this stuff. The product is made up of different manufacturers subcomponents hand assembled in small workshops. Assembly uses double sided tape to hold things together - Samsung do the same in China. The tape had come loose on the speakers, the mainboard Power microswitch had failed. Incredibly the new 10.1 Onyx tablet is well below the old failed 9.7 in build quality. Its screen was dim and off colour at most angles. While specked as IPS (In Pane Switched) it viewed like a TN (Twisted Nematic) - the cheapest LCD display. So returned for refund 26th Nov. You get what you pay for.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes