Filter By:

Great travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Once so far & will be using this again ......easily accessed & given clear information all the way.
Would recommend.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

good insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

covers all our needs for a fantastic holiday to china.feels good to know we were covered for medical.trip cancellation,lost baggage etc

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mark, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Regards, Anthony.

Travelling with confidence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

For us traveling with Insurance is so important and provides us with peace of mind should anything go wrong. Thankfully we didn't need to use or insurance, but we saw plenty of people who did for a variety of things. We smiled each time, thinking "I am glad it wasn't us". Staff helpful and felt secure. Thanks

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kay, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Noble Park

• 1 comment
Private message

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I used this service only once and in fact I didn’t make a claim luckily nothing happened everything was okay

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Salahdin, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Thanks for you too

Easy to purchase

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I've only used Online Travel Insurance once for my trip to India recently in October 2018. Easy to purchase, policy covered for what I need.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

Good Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I think this was my first time but we felt really good knowing that we got the right travel insurance. I will recommend it to my family and friends'

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nelson, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I chose this company for travel insurance for my son after an online search (through iSelect) said they were one of the cheapest. As it happened, my son needed to return quite early from his trip. I phoned the company to ask if it were possible to receive a refund for the unused portion of the travel insurance, and found the staff I dealt with to be unfailingly courteous and helpful. They initially said my request would need to be considered by higher-ups, and a guy I spoke to phoned me back several times to let me know how these considerations were going. In the end, they granted my request (though I am not sure if they were obliged to do so) and very quickly refunded the unused amount. I now have a very high regard for Online Travel, and in fact have already used them again, for a second son who has just gone abroad.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Martin, glad to hear that you were happy with your Online Travel Insurance experience. Regards, Anthony.

Nasty surprise on exclusions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Being aware of the volcano risk on Bali I took care to select good delay coverage. I actually read the Product Description. But when I later saw a comment in the news, I phoned to check. I discovered that delay coverage for Bali was invalid due to it being a "known risk" and on the government web site.

I was surprised and disappointed to hear this. I don't recall seeing anything on the application form to warn about checking for temporary exclusions. Of course I knew about the risk on Bali - that's why i especially looked for delay cover. I think you should make a point of clearly flagging such exclusions when the customer tells you they want cover for a destination where they are in effect.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jane, thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it on to our team to see how we can address this. Regards, Anthony.

Good price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

That’s the second time we purchase the insurance. We don’t had any problems but we don’t need claim in both case as well.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Claudia - thanks for the feedback. Regards, Anthony.

Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Used twice recently. Have never had to make a claim. Easy to purchase online. Quick. Not expensive, even last minute

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brendan, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Very pleasantly surprised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

Having been back in Aus for a time I feel it only fair to let potential purchasers of insurance about my experience.
I found myself in a hospital in Dubrovnik for a few weeks. The team at Zoom didn't miss a beat with helping myself and family through the situation. My claim was an eye-watering amount and they worked with the hospital to sort it prior to me leaving. They continued with the service by arranging our flights home and making it as comfortable as possible. Once home they guided me through the process of making clean for incidentals that came to a substantial amount. Again there was no problem. I want to thank the team at Zoom from the nurses to the end processors for the assistance and understanding .

Easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I didn't have to make a claim but purchasing/signing up was very easy, I will use this company again. Very simple.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for letting us know Jay! Regards, Anthony.

Excellent cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

This was the first time my family and I have used this insurance through this particular company for travel and leisure purposes.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Shavina, thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

Simple process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Didn't make a claim but out of all the travel insurer's i have used this one was the cheapest. No hassle means great holiday.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

Great, wouldn't travel with out it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

I have used it twice this year, I believe it is very easy to complete on line and it has easy access.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Onlune Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

This was my first time, using the online travel insurance No issues at all with the application or using the website

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Shelly, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Regards, Anthony.

Thanks for support and following up.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I just want to appreciate your supports. I had a safe trip without any problem. Therefore, I did not use my insurance.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ali, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Value for $

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Best thing why I chose had the best cover per dollar in comparison with other online options and my limited time as I was flying the next dau

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi David, glad to hear you were happy with Online Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Great, awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

First time using this service, fast, great value.
Easy Insurance company to deal with. Hassle free.
Will use this insurance again in the future

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Very good price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

First time using travel insurance. Did not need to make a claim thankfully.
Will use this insurance again in the future

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Colleen, thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 46 pages

I am already in USA now. Can I buy the travel insurance?

Carrie asked on Aug 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Carrie, thanks for the question. On Page 4 of our PDS (https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf) it says that insurance is only available before you commence your journey, and your journey commences and ends in Australia. Regards, Anthony.

For your peace of mind, travel insurance for me is a must have.

Hi we are traveling back to the UK from Australia for 2 weeks then tagging on a week in Thailand on the way home. Is this classed as a single trip worldwide? want to make sure i get the correct cover? Thanks Cazz

cazz asked on Aug 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi, just checking that you are departing and returning to Australia? If you select Worldwide then you can go to both of these places as long you specify the correct amount of time you are away. Regards, Anthony.

Thanks for your comment. We are leaving Australia, traveling to the UK for 2 weeks then traveling UK to Thailand for a week in the sun then returning back to Australia. is this OK on a worldwide policy?

Where is your claims call center located? I have recently had two travel insurance experiences with two different companies - one where the entire process was handled from Australia, one where the call center was based in the Philippines. The experience I received when the call center was based in Australia was fantastic - staff knew what they were talking about, they were empowered to make decisions and action was quick and effective. The experience when the call center was based in the Philippines was not good at all - staff were definitely following scripts, nothing could be answered if not on-script, frequent need to put me on hold to check with superiors, many transfers between staff where the information from previous conversations was not carried forward.

strickland asked on Jul 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi, thanks for your comment. We have call centres located in Australia and overseas which cater for call demand when required. I'll pass on this feedback to our team as we're always looking to improve our service. Regards, Anthony

See all 42 questions about Online Travel Insurance