Filter By:

Very organized and professional company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I did not make a claim, so I can not speak about that side of the company, but as far as service goes, this company is very good.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Susanne, glad to hear you were happy with our service! Regards, Anthony.

Feel Safe Travel Safe with OTI

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

This is my first time using Online Travel Insurance and felt comfortable knowing I had the support of a reputable
organisation during my travels .

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Thomas, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Easy product to get online. Good coverage and easy forms to fill out. Will definitely use again if the need arises.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sue, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony

Private message

Verified Customer

Easy to purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This is my first time. I bought a 12 months, multi trip , to Asia, Europe.
It is easy to select and pay online. However there wasn't any confirmation that payment gone through successfully.
I end up paying twice. Received two policy on my emails. I call customer services, real people on the other side, and didn't wait long. One of the policy is cancelled. Very quickly done. I do need to wait for 7 business day for the refund to come through.
Now get ready for my trip, and hopefully i do not need to make any claims.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your feedback and letting us know. We are aware of the issue and we're investigating the cause. Regards, Anthony.

Value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I have used online travel insurance on more than 4 occasions. The price is extremely reasonable, it’s easy to take out a policy and on one occasion I have had to enquire about possible use of the policy due to an injury overseas. Whilst the insurance wasn’t required, the contact was helpful and explained what I may need to do.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Pam, glad to hear you've found Online Travel Insurance good value. Regards, Anthony.

Quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I have only used this company once for travel insurance. The question really only needs a single word and doesn’t require twenty words or more. Suggest the limit be changed so that people don’t have to make up twenty words like I have had to.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Stephen. Cheers, Anthony.

Good and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

First time we didn’t need too. We’ll certainly use the same insurance next time. Very good price. Checked out ratings were very good.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Celestina, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Manuplater of terms

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Online Travel insurance has partbership with Alianz and it takes too long to hear from them after making a claim. It is really hard and complicated to deal with the two partners. When someone makes a claim, they make him to explain things again and again. Finally, they will interpret the claim fitting in one of thier rule to decline the claim.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello Muhammad, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with this situation. Is this claim still in progress?

Sudney

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Crap stranded in manila to date expect 7 days no medicine no money never contacted by ONLINE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Checked in cebu. Landed manila. All sydney flights cancelled for one week. Come back 6 days called allianz line not working emailed complaint nothing to date. Contacted Allianz by email emergency numbers not working. No money no life-threatening heart medicine sleeping on floor. no contact from ONLIS insurance. told expect 7 days.

Comments

7 days stranded in manila airport. Contacted insurance first day done nothing. refused urgent life-threatening heart treatment no food no accommodation.

Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Pastora, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll be in touch with you to get more details. Kind regards, Matt.

Travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Good value and very easily set up on line. A few clicks on the mouse and all completed. Thankfully we didn't have to use it.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Gregory, glad to hear you found it easy to organise travel insurance with us. Regards, Anthony.

Good and easy to get this insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Felt confident in them.printed all off internet and was well presented and covered everything i wanted in simple talk i could understand.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Excellent affordable insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Easily set up by phone
Reasonable price
Customer service friendly and efficient

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Margaret, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

Great can't go with out travel insurance.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Great company to get travel insurance with I would recommend them to anyone who is going to travel outside of Australia.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

A peace of mind to have it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Easy to set up and good value for money.
I did enquirer about the policy and got through to customer support which is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Melanie, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Good and explained everything which made you feel secure to travel most insurance companies wont insure you if you have a pre existing ailment but Allianz did

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Susanne, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

typhoon

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2018

I didn't have to use the policy but it was nice to have as I was stuck in manila due to typhoon Yagi.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Wayne, thanks for the feedback. Regards, Anthony.

Uncomplicated self explanatory service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Policy was good value in comparison with other policies.
Great easy to use web site.
Didn't have to use Customer Support so can't comment on the providers service?

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sandra, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Regards, Anthony.

Verified Customer

Reasonable

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Started on the Alliance site and got shifted around and really had no idea who I ended up being insured by. Price was competitive compared to Flight Centre. Did not use customer support or make a claim. One can only tell how good an insurance company is when they handle your claim. So the jury is out on this one. I will use them again provided I don't get the same confusing run around. I have discovered that travel insurance is a very competitive business so there are lots of option.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for the feedback - will pass it on to our team. Regards, Anthony.

The inclusions I need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

This is the second international policy I've used with Online Travel Insurance, the first with snow sports cover. I had no reason for a claim but the policy inclusions give me peace of mind.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michael, glad to hear our travel insurance met your needs! Regards, Anthony.

GOOD

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

Luckily didn't have to use it this time. It was easy to get online with good pricing compared to others.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anne, glad to hear you found it easy to organise travel insurance with us! Regards, Anthony.

1 of 44 pages

I am already in USA now. Can I buy the travel insurance?

Carrie asked on Aug 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Carrie, thanks for the question. On Page 4 of our PDS (https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf) it says that insurance is only available before you commence your journey, and your journey commences and ends in Australia. Regards, Anthony.

For your peace of mind, travel insurance for me is a must have.

Hi we are traveling back to the UK from Australia for 2 weeks then tagging on a week in Thailand on the way home. Is this classed as a single trip worldwide? want to make sure i get the correct cover? Thanks Cazz

cazz asked on Aug 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi, just checking that you are departing and returning to Australia? If you select Worldwide then you can go to both of these places as long you specify the correct amount of time you are away. Regards, Anthony.

Thanks for your comment. We are leaving Australia, traveling to the UK for 2 weeks then traveling UK to Thailand for a week in the sun then returning back to Australia. is this OK on a worldwide policy?

Where is your claims call center located? I have recently had two travel insurance experiences with two different companies - one where the entire process was handled from Australia, one where the call center was based in the Philippines. The experience I received when the call center was based in Australia was fantastic - staff knew what they were talking about, they were empowered to make decisions and action was quick and effective. The experience when the call center was based in the Philippines was not good at all - staff were definitely following scripts, nothing could be answered if not on-script, frequent need to put me on hold to check with superiors, many transfers between staff where the information from previous conversations was not carried forward.

strickland asked on Jul 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi, thanks for your comment. We have call centres located in Australia and overseas which cater for call demand when required. I'll pass on this feedback to our team as we're always looking to improve our service. Regards, Anthony

See all 42 questions about Online Travel Insurance