Filter By:

Bad customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

I shortened my holiday and rang to see if i could get maybe a refund of the policy because the quote depends how long you take it for.
E.G house,car work the same but the lady from the insurance company was very rude and I said that I would never use your company again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello Rinaldo, thanks for your feedback. Page 2 of the PDS - https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf says that if you decide that you do not... read more »

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Cheap but don't try to Claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Cheap premium but don't try to Claim. I had to cancel my trip because of circumstances outside my control (no I didn't change my mind). Allianz has done everything possible to deny my (small) claim. Have followed their Dispute process and have 3 different refusals for different reasons. They twist everything you say and blame you for everything. I managed to cancel everything except the flights which were non-cancellable yet they maintain that I didn't do everything to minimise the Claim. Claim has gone to FOS.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Warning don't get scam!! Promise everything deliver nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

When I bought this insurance online I have read all their PDS and policy and compare to others thought I was safe and cover till I make a claim after I got rob in Berlin!! It was a total nightmare dealing with this company acting as broker for Allianz!! Even though i had a police report which wasn't never enough and also useless cause every time I call to check my claim they will request more document after they will take their maximum time 2wks each time which went on for 2mths.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your claim experience. If your claim is not yet resolved and there's anything I can do to help, please email me with your full name and policy numbe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Affordable, until you have to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have purchased travel insurance from this company on two occasions now. While in Europe, my sunglasses were accidentally left in a rental car when we returned the car. My claim was rejected as items left in rental cars are excluded. I thought this to be fair enough so I purchased travel insurance again from this company for my trip to the Philippines. Upon returning to Australia, we discovered that our baby's car seat was lost by the airline. It turns out that luggage lost while in transit is also excluded. Having spent over $380 on insurance cover for the 2 trips, I struggle to understand why I bothered spending money on cover when there are so many exclusions.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Manuel, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Disappointed at the lack of help I got

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

My premium was just a donation, easy to set up but a waste as on the day of departure we could not fly but got no support from you to help recoup any of my costs. As I should have expected there is always a loop hole that insurance companies will find to not pay. Accordingly go to your policy my wife and I should have taken our trip and left our kids stranded at airport. Won't use you in the future.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Surrey Hills

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Stay away - happy to take your money but no intent of paying out on claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Policy seemed like good value initially but as soon as you try to make a claim they turn out to be just like every other insurance company, weaseling out of paying any way they can.
Now I wasn't making a big claim, all I was claiming for was loss of my new sunglasses, which despite my receipt clearly showing they were well above the excess amount they decided to devalue my claim to just below the excess amount so they could get out of paying or even part-paying for a replacement pair.
How a company treats a small issue is generally a good indicator of how they would treat larger ones, so in this case I'd hate to think how someone who loses thousands of dollars worth of property would go!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ben, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

No Good if you want cover for threats of terrorism

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

The policies do not cover threats or acts of terrorism. The advice level for Thailand has just been raised to Do Not Travel and I was unable to claim any costs from my now cancelled trip due to Online Travel Insurance not covering threats or acts of terrorism. The PDS was misleading as this was not a general exclusion and was found at the very bottom of the PDS. I am not impressed with the service I received from Online Travel Insurance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that your trip had to be cancelled. Our thoughts are also with the families who have been affected by this tragedy. Yes you are correct, in that c... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Great as long as you don't need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

Our flight was delayed for 17 hours due to technical problems ( a software issue ) i had to spend around $500 on new connecting flights and lost a nights accommodation. in the policy it says they cover cancellation cost. however hidden deeper in the fine print they say they do not pay out for " vehicle mechanical failure" my claim was rejected on these grounds. I don't see how mechanical failure and technical (computers and technology) issues are the same thing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll send this through our complaints system. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Bad value, paid extra for bicycles then had an incident where one bicycle was broken and the insurance company took 3 months to finally come to the decision that they weren't going to cover the damage. What the point of having insurance at all!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Britt, I'm sorry to hear about this. If you could send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Beware - not good when you need to claim!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2016

I decided to take out a comprehensive policy for myself and my husband when we went to Europe recently. Whilst they are happy to VERY QUICKLY take your money, they are not so happy to PAY UP when you make a genuine claim. We had a bag stolen and they are taking their time deciding our claim - asking ridiculous questions to find some way out of paying for our stuff I am sure!

PLEASE BEWARE - Everyone gives it 5 stars but you may regret getting this insurance if you dont also look at how they treat you when you claim!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

It has now been over a month since I lodged my claim. You requested additional information from me which I provided. You waited the entire 10 business days allowed under regulation to process that ... read more »

Unless you have NO existing ailments at all don't do this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2016

Customer Support not helpful. In fact I got another policy due to pre existing and no refund from yourselves. As part of a group will not be using this Insurance again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll lodge this through our complaints process. Regards, Anthony

1 of 2 pages