Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Good value but do not think to claim it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

I am now quite clear the statement one person said every insurance agent is working hard not to let the money out of their company. Sounds reasonable?
If that was only me to travel, I won't bother to buy a travel insurance but my partner had to because of the visa requirements. We went to Europe and unfortunately, when we returned, all our luggage locks were broken. Simply lodged a claim with the return date. However, there is a difference in time zone from Europe through Bangkok to Australia.
They refuse the claim because the date for the c
laim was 2days late from the period of cover (Insurance was bought until the return date from Europe). They ask if I can provide the evidence which the luggage was broken in Europe or Bangkok airport, they will consider about the claim. Wonder who would know where that happened. NEVER MIND. They do not want to pay.
SO,
If you are sure not to use it, 5 stars (simple to buy and reminder email for travel tips)
If you might use it, be careful about excess (I did not even bother to look at it as did expect won't be necessary to claim) and make sure you have evidence that where the baggage was broken and when was it despite the baggages were in the cargo compartments.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Han, thanks for the feedback. Can you please message me here so I can have this investigated with your full name and policy number, and details? Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

BE PREPARED TO WAIT AT CLAIM TIME!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Be prepared to wait for your claim to be looked at, any time you call for an update the claims department will always refer you to "we have 10 days as per our policy to look at your claim". I sent through requested documents and the claims officer adds a extra 10 days to review bringing the claim process to 20 days.. very lengthy esp. to replace items like "reading glasses"

poor

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello Jacob, thanks for your review. I'll pass it on to our team as we're always looking to improve our processes. If there are still outstanding matters to be addressed, please let me know. Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Great value, however not great on claims!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

The policy was great value and easy to set up, hence why I selected it. However i missed a transit flight due to being unwell in the bathrooms, and while trying to organise a contingency flight I was left on hold for over an hour, at which point I had to hang up and take care of the issue alone otherwise miss the replacement flight. It did make a stressful situation, being a female traveling on her own in the Middle East. I followed the situation up twice via email to see whether I was eligible for a reimbursement, but no response was ever received!

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rosanna, thanks for the review - sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to [email protected] and I'll look into this. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Not great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

I Made a claim by phone, was told a claim form being emailed in five minutes, 8 hours later still nothing, not looking good. First promise failed, doesn't bode well.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jason - can you please email me your full name and policy number to [email protected] and I'll look into this. Regards, Anthony

how can i buy a travel insurance online now?

Tuyet Nguyen asked on Jul 08, 2017

Hi Tuyet, try https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/ or call 1800 010 078

Do you have for age 79 insurance?

Khosrow Haidary Gazik asked on Jun 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Khosrow, thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, we only cover up to age 74. Our other travel insurance brands, https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/ and http://www.worldcare.com.au/ do. Regards, Anthony

Hi Question- if my flight gets cancelled citing Operational Requirments, do you cover expenses such as food ect until you are rebooked on another flight? ( I know airline will usually cover accomodation )

Vanessa asked on Apr 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to call 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. There is some information regarding cancellations here: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf Regards, Anthony.

See all 23 questions about Online Travel Insurance