Filter By:

good value

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

while I was in Malta I joined a gym for a couple of weeks. From there I had $200 and a cap stolen from a locker. Is this claimable. did not consider claiming until it was suggested to me.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi MIchael, thanks for the review. You can always call 1800 010 078 for more information and check the PDS at https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Regards, Anthony.

No idea, because I haven't had any issues during my trip period.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

The policy seems good value, the reason my boyfriend bought the insurance from your company for me. However I didn't have any issues to use this insurance. I might use this one again?!

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sarah, thanks for the review - hope you had a great trip. Cheers, Anthony.

Easy online process

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

The policy was easy to process online. Did not make a claim so unable to provide a review on how it would have gone if needed too. Did call customer support to make initial enquiries though was not able to accurately obtain clarification I was seeking in.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Shameel, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

woody point, qld

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Didn't have to claim so can't really say if it was good or not

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

I didn't have to claim so can't really say if it was good or not. So that was good for me! i.e. no problems or issues. Sorry OnlineTravelInsurance for the 3 star review.

I'd give them 5 stars for the easy to complete application form
10 stars for the price - by far the cheapest and i loved the easy to use variable excess choices.
0 stars for the claims process - because I didn't make one so therefore can't rate it.
also, I didn't have to contact OTI for any reason so i can't comment/rate that aspect.

Maybe one day I'll have to make a travel claim and then i can give a more accurate and complete review.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

AIRLIE BEACH

Private message

It was OK this time. But you still leave a bitter taste from last time when I had to make a claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

Value is good
Yes because I set up the policy online.
Thank God after last June (& the super Strom in Sydney) I didn't have to deal with customer support

Insurance claim made

Too complex

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

I understand companies need to have policies in place. I dropped my phone in the water while away. Came home to claim it and was told it couldn't be claimed because I didn't fill in a report within 24 hours. Not the thing I was thinking of in the middle of India! The fine print always hides something...

Its insurance. What you want me to say ?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

I di not use the insurance because i did not need to use the insurance. We all get insurance incase we need to use the insurance. That is why it is called insurance

Worthwhile

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

Because the pricing is fair and not expensive I always select Online Travel Insurance though this time fortunately no claim required, however extremely satisfied that the policy was there if needed.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, thanks for the comment, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

Could do better delivering the policy to customer

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

policy was good value.
yes, easy to set up but had to ring up three times to get a hard policy sent through as well as an email confirmation before I left.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Harjinder, thanks for the comment - I'll pass on your comments regarding the process as we're always looking to improve. Regards, Anthony

I didn't need to use it so can't honestly rate a product I never used.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

The policy was good value and easy to set up but unfortunately I can't reply to the customer service as I didn't have need to use the insurance at all. It was really only a precaution.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michelle, glad to hear you found our policy good value for money and easy to organise. Cheers, Anthony.

Inexpensive Yet Ticks all the Boxes.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

This travel insurance was the cheapest comprehensive cover we came across and was very easy to set up online. We also had no problem amending the period of our insurance cover due to a change to our return flights. However we did not make a claim and therefore we are unable to comment on how well they deliver on their policies. Nevertheless travel insurance is a must when travelling overseas.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nikola, thanks for the comment. Regards, Anthony.

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

Thankfully not had to be put to the test. Not difficult to set up or called for any assistance. So cannot say one way or the other if the policy was of benefit or a waste of money.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Timothy, thanks for the comment. Regards, Anthony.

Great Cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

The policy that we took out covered us for everything that we required, however i have learnt that new zealand and australia have a reciprocal medical agreement and medical does not need to be covered in your insurance policy.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tina, thanks for your comment. Regards, Anthony.

Koroit

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Glad I didn't need it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

Must have when travelling but glad I did not have to use any of their services. Easy online process to get cover and pay. Good value for the money spent.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your comment. Cheers, Anthony.

Travel necessity

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

After researching the market, I believe that the Policy was good value. No support required from the providers customer support so I'm unable to comment on their level of service.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anne, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Expensive for level of cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

Felt expensive for the level of cover provided. Process was straightforward however. Probably wouldn't use again if had time to research better value alternatives. We didn't need to make a claim.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Simon, thanks for your feedback. Regards, Anthony

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

In these uncertain times, travel insurance that does not cover coups or terrorism isn't comprehensive. Due to the exclusions, we continued with our planned trip to Turkey against the advice of the Australian Government as we had pre-paid all costs and would have lost everything. It was a risk, but there is no such destination that is guaranteed to be safe.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Renate, thanks for your feedback, I'll pass it on to the team. Cheers, Anthony

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

why no reviews for those who had to claim?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

It's interesting how there are so many reviews for those who simply purchased the cover. How is that a good indicator of the performance of the travel insurance? The true test is for those who made a claim. I noticed that the few in the first few pages who did gave them a terrible rating. I think I will look elsewhere. I prefer to read reviews (genuine ones that is) from people who had to make claims. It's harder to make things up isn't it?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

easy application but did not made any claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

insurance is easy to apply for and the price seems good for the cover provided, but did not made any claim so did not how good the policy actually is

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your comment, it's appreciated. Cheers, Anthony

Insurance claim made

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

When calling to inquire about what details I need to submit a claim the staff member was very bland in conversation and didn't show much care or enjoyment in his job.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dominic, thanks for your comment - I'll pass on your feedback as we're always looking to improve. Regards, Anthony

1 of 2 pages