Filter By:

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Great..until you need to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Like many people searching for cheap travel insurance, I came across this one thinking its got a good rating, and its cheap, can't loose. However as far as I could search, I couldn't find cases of any claims. Low and behold I've got my first claim.. I have been kept waiting weeks for a response on it. I've sent numerous emails to the claims department without reply, and am still waiting on my 'call back'.

It may be cheap, but be warned, when you need to claim, you'll be left constantly chasing up on it.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

I wasted my money! Read the fine print!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

I had a flight cancelled in New Zealand that caused me to miss a connecting flight. I had to buy another ticket to get home leaving me out of pocket around $500.
I enquired about making a claim only to find the "fine print" had excluded me from gaining any benefit from my insurance. I didn't bother filing a claim after the advisor pointed out some of the phrases put in policy to prevent my claim being recognised.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Affordable, until you have to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have purchased travel insurance from this company on two occasions now. While in Europe, my sunglasses were accidentally left in a rental car when we returned the car. My claim was rejected as items left in rental cars are excluded. I thought this to be fair enough so I purchased travel insurance again from this company for my trip to the Philippines. Upon returning to Australia, we discovered that our baby's car seat was lost by the airline. It turns out that luggage lost while in transit is also excluded. Having spent over $380 on insurance cover for the 2 trips, I struggle to understand why I bothered spending money on cover when there are so many exclusions.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Manuel, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Disappointed at the lack of help I got

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

My premium was just a donation, easy to set up but a waste as on the day of departure we could not fly but got no support from you to help recoup any of my costs. As I should have expected there is always a loop hole that insurance companies will find to not pay. Accordingly go to your policy my wife and I should have taken our trip and left our kids stranded at airport. Won't use you in the future.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Surrey Hills

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Stay away - happy to take your money but no intent of paying out on claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Policy seemed like good value initially but as soon as you try to make a claim they turn out to be just like every other insurance company, weaseling out of paying any way they can.
Now I wasn't making a big claim, all I was claiming for was loss of my new sunglasses, which despite my receipt clearly showing they were well above the excess amount they decided to devalue my claim to just below the excess amount so they could get out of paying or even part-paying for a replacement pair.
How a company treats a small issue is generally a good indicator of how they would treat larger ones, so in this case I'd hate to think how someone who loses thousands of dollars worth of property would go!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ben, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Great as long as you don't need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

Our flight was delayed for 17 hours due to technical problems ( a software issue ) i had to spend around $500 on new connecting flights and lost a nights accommodation. in the policy it says they cover cancellation cost. however hidden deeper in the fine print they say they do not pay out for " vehicle mechanical failure" my claim was rejected on these grounds. I don't see how mechanical failure and technical (computers and technology) issues are the same thing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll send this through our complaints system. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Bad value, paid extra for bicycles then had an incident where one bicycle was broken and the insurance company took 3 months to finally come to the decision that they weren't going to cover the damage. What the point of having insurance at all!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Britt, I'm sorry to hear about this. If you could send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

Unless you have NO existing ailments at all don't do this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2016

Customer Support not helpful. In fact I got another policy due to pre existing and no refund from yourselves. As part of a group will not be using this Insurance again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll lodge this through our complaints process. Regards, Anthony

Private message

Never ever ever bother buying it!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

They will find a way to not cover anything. I got an item stolen while I was away just to be told that if I had read their 28 page product disclosure statement I would have known I wasn't covered for it! Absolutely ridiculous!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your comment. I"m sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the claims process. If you would like to go through our complaints process, please send me your full name and policy nu... read more »

Sydney

• 3 comments
Private message

No policy received, no replies during my trip

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2015

Awful service, zero communication, never received my policy or even knew if I was actually insured. All of my emails were ignored. Hate to think what would happen if I needed to claim. Don't use this company!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kellie, thank you for your feedback - this is a concern and I'd like to find out what went wrong in the process. Could you please email me your full name and policy number (or whatever details y... read more »

Thanks Tegan, it is good to finally receive a reply, I will contact you via email as requested above.

Hi Tegan, my email to the address above just bounced (message was "mailbox unavailable") - is there another address I can use?

Insurance claim made

Horrible service, No help was given.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

Injured my knee in bali and am needing a knee reconstruction.. Absolutely nothing is covered. Why even bother take out insurance?

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jason, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with the outcome of your claim. If you'd like me to investigate your case, please email your policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and... read more »

1 of 56 pages