Filter By:

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great..until you need to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Like many people searching for cheap travel insurance, I came across this one thinking its got a good rating, and its cheap, can't loose. However as far as I could search, I couldn't find cases of any claims. Low and behold I've got my first claim.. I have been kept waiting weeks for a response on it. I've sent numerous emails to the claims department without reply, and am still waiting on my 'call back'.

It may be cheap, but be warned, when you need to claim, you'll be left constantly chasing up on it.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

I wasted my money! Read the fine print!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

I had a flight cancelled in New Zealand that caused me to miss a connecting flight. I had to buy another ticket to get home leaving me out of pocket around $500.
I enquired about making a claim only to find the "fine print" had excluded me from gaining any benefit from my insurance. I didn't bother filing a claim after the advisor pointed out some of the phrases put in policy to prevent my claim being recognised.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great as long as you don't need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

Our flight was delayed for 17 hours due to technical problems ( a software issue ) i had to spend around $500 on new connecting flights and lost a nights accommodation. in the policy it says they cover cancellation cost. however hidden deeper in the fine print they say they do not pay out for " vehicle mechanical failure" my claim was rejected on these grounds. I don't see how mechanical failure and technical (computers and technology) issues are the same thing.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll send this through our complaints system. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Warning don't get scam!! Promise everything deliver nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

When I bought this insurance online I have read all their PDS and policy and compare to others thought I was safe and cover till I make a claim after I got rob in Berlin!! It was a total nightmare dealing with this company acting as broker for Allianz!! Even though i had a police report which wasn't never enough and also useless cause every time I call to check my claim they will request more document after they will take their maximum time 2wks each time which went on for 2mths.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your claim experience. If your claim is not yet resolved and there's anything I can do to help, please email me with your full name and policy numbe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Affordable, until you have to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have purchased travel insurance from this company on two occasions now. While in Europe, my sunglasses were accidentally left in a rental car when we returned the car. My claim was rejected as items left in rental cars are excluded. I thought this to be fair enough so I purchased travel insurance again from this company for my trip to the Philippines. Upon returning to Australia, we discovered that our baby's car seat was lost by the airline. It turns out that luggage lost while in transit is also excluded. Having spent over $380 on insurance cover for the 2 trips, I struggle to understand why I bothered spending money on cover when there are so many exclusions.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Manuel, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Disappointed at the lack of help I got

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

My premium was just a donation, easy to set up but a waste as on the day of departure we could not fly but got no support from you to help recoup any of my costs. As I should have expected there is always a loop hole that insurance companies will find to not pay. Accordingly go to your policy my wife and I should have taken our trip and left our kids stranded at airport. Won't use you in the future.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Surrey Hills

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Stay away - happy to take your money but no intent of paying out on claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Policy seemed like good value initially but as soon as you try to make a claim they turn out to be just like every other insurance company, weaseling out of paying any way they can.
Now I wasn't making a big claim, all I was claiming for was loss of my new sunglasses, which despite my receipt clearly showing they were well above the excess amount they decided to devalue my claim to just below the excess amount so they could get out of paying or even part-paying for a replacement pair.
How a company treats a small issue is generally a good indicator of how they would treat larger ones, so in this case I'd hate to think how someone who loses thousands of dollars worth of property would go!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ben, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Bad value, paid extra for bicycles then had an incident where one bicycle was broken and the insurance company took 3 months to finally come to the decision that they weren't going to cover the damage. What the point of having insurance at all!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Britt, I'm sorry to hear about this. If you could send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

Perth

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Beware - not good when you need to claim!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2016

I decided to take out a comprehensive policy for myself and my husband when we went to Europe recently. Whilst they are happy to VERY QUICKLY take your money, they are not so happy to PAY UP when you make a genuine claim. We had a bag stolen and they are taking their time deciding our claim - asking ridiculous questions to find some way out of paying for our stuff I am sure!

PLEASE BEWARE - Everyone gives it 5 stars but you may regret getting this insurance if you dont also look at how they treat you when you claim!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

It has now been over a month since I lodged my claim. You requested additional information from me which I provided. You waited the entire 10 business days allowed under regulation to process that ... read more »

Unless you have NO existing ailments at all don't do this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2016

Customer Support not helpful. In fact I got another policy due to pre existing and no refund from yourselves. As part of a group will not be using this Insurance again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll lodge this through our complaints process. Regards, Anthony

Private message

Never ever ever bother buying it!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

They will find a way to not cover anything. I got an item stolen while I was away just to be told that if I had read their 28 page product disclosure statement I would have known I wasn't covered for it! Absolutely ridiculous!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your comment. I"m sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the claims process. If you would like to go through our complaints process, please send me your full name and policy nu... read more »

Sydney

• 3 comments
Private message

No policy received, no replies during my trip

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2015

Awful service, zero communication, never received my policy or even knew if I was actually insured. All of my emails were ignored. Hate to think what would happen if I needed to claim. Don't use this company!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kellie, thank you for your feedback - this is a concern and I'd like to find out what went wrong in the process. Could you please email me your full name and policy number (or whatever details y... read more »

Thanks Tegan, it is good to finally receive a reply, I will contact you via email as requested above.

Hi Tegan, my email to the address above just bounced (message was "mailbox unavailable") - is there another address I can use?

Insurance claim made

Horrible service, No help was given.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

Injured my knee in bali and am needing a knee reconstruction.. Absolutely nothing is covered. Why even bother take out insurance?

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jason, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with the outcome of your claim. If you'd like me to investigate your case, please email your policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and... read more »

Sunshine Coast

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Terrible insurance company - worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

Terrible policy and company to deal with. They don't stand behind their product and use every little technicality they can to weasle out of paying even things clearly stated as covered. Be wary of reviews giving 5 stars when people haven't had to claim!! It is great and cheap... up until you actually have to use it. It is cheap as they have no intention of paying. They charge the excess for every single item as well ie. each doctor visit classed as seperate and attracts the excess. Worst of all - when you question it they take such a long time to respond. Every interaction or escalation takes them 3 weeks (15 working days) and therefore, they aim to wear you down so you just can't be bothered. Don't buy insurance from this company!!!! We only had 2 small claims of which after excesses they gave us $16 back. We are still following up and have to go through an ombudsman to get anything further (which at most might be another $16!). I hate to think about the situation should there have been any major incident! Steer clear...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Salachu, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your claim experience. If it still hasn't been resolved and there's anything at all I can do to assist, please let me know via private message al... read more »

Hi Tegan - no there has been no resolve since our last escalation. Our policy covered damage to a rental vehicle but apparently as damage wasn't deducted from excess by hire company, but was instea... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

When dental's not dental

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I'm angry and upset at the same time..a warning when you get travel insurance and take out medical and dental don't expect dental to be anything else but fixing a toothache. I took unlimited medical and $1000 dental cover, well I lost my denture while away put in a claim and was told today they aren't covered in dental they are actually a personal affect....you've got to be kidding me. My hearing aids are a personal affect so I don't take them away when I travel. So what am I to do leave my teeth at home too.
Onlinetravelinsurance.com.au who is covered by ALLIANCE...you should be ashamed of yourself, disgusting treatment.
If there's anyone out there that knows how I can take this further please let me know. I have spoken to my health fund and they are looking into it as definitely say it's dental.
Cheers Kerry Bridgement

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

They took my money but did not create a policy!! Almost as good as stealing, very unhappy. For me to get a new policy they had refund my money (3 working days) and they would have to charge my card again. They could not use the current funds, Weird!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thank you for your review. We're looking at this issue at the moment and in the process of developing a solution - we apologise for the inconvenience. Regards, Anthony

Melbourne

Private message

Be wary, terrible customer service even before committing to the insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Terrible customer service! I just called to find out what the excess was as it was hard to determine on the website and the policy form was not working. The customer service lady had me on hold most of the time while she was looking for it. I asked to speak to the manager after 10 minutes and she also put that off, saying she was busy. Only when I explained that unfortunately their customer service has cost them 10 customers (I was booking for a group) she told her manager I wanted to talk. I then heard the manager yell "what does she want!!" If it was this much trouble getting the policy and excess charges I wonder how hard it would be to claim anything!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kel, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the service you received on the phone, but thank you for the feedback - we are always looking at ways we can improve. Kind regards, Tegan

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Worst Insurer for Travel : Don't ever make a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

We had full comprehensive family coverage.

We had a major delay (over 36hrs) in San Francisco (plane breakdown), luggage was gone and connecting flights back in Australia missed and non-refundable. As pensioners, medically TPD disabled and with our young son, we were struggling to handle the delays medically and the stress. We contacted the insurance hotline in the hotel to find out what we needed to do and spoke to a case manager and explained what happened. He went over the policy in detail, explained various areas that we were covered for (Travel expense, re-booking flights, clothing etc) and that we were covered. They stated "go buy some clothes as the weather there is bad and atrocious, and you don't have any luggage. All transport is covered, meals and purchase connecting flights on your return to Australia" They sent a confirmation email on what we were covered for, explained what information evidence we needed from the Airline, keep receipts and started the claim for us.

We are low income and needed to confirm what we could do.

On return to Australia ($2000 extra in flight cost and expenses), we submit the claim under the three categories they stated and it's TOTALLY DENIED. Told that the case manager made a mistake and we were not covered for anything. Told they apologise for the wrong information and written confirmation and that they manager would be counselled.

We spent and purchased according to their advice and written confirmation. Gathered all required evidence they said we needed, but no offer of compensation for their mistakes.

Disgusting company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brad, I'm very sorry to hear about this. Thanks for sending your details through to Anthony, your case is currently with the review team and we will keep you updated on its progress via private message. Kind regards, Tegan

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

No Good if you want cover for threats of terrorism

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

The policies do not cover threats or acts of terrorism. The advice level for Thailand has just been raised to Do Not Travel and I was unable to claim any costs from my now cancelled trip due to Online Travel Insurance not covering threats or acts of terrorism. The PDS was misleading as this was not a general exclusion and was found at the very bottom of the PDS. I am not impressed with the service I received from Online Travel Insurance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that your trip had to be cancelled. Our thoughts are also with the families who have been affected by this tragedy. Yes you are correct, in that c... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

why no reviews for those who had to claim?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

It's interesting how there are so many reviews for those who simply purchased the cover. How is that a good indicator of the performance of the travel insurance? The true test is for those who made a claim. I noticed that the few in the first few pages who did gave them a terrible rating. I think I will look elsewhere. I prefer to read reviews (genuine ones that is) from people who had to make claims. It's harder to make things up isn't it?

1 of 39 pages