Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Timely and professional response to my claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2014

An insurance policy is only as good as the first claim you have to make against it. OTI passed this vital test with flying colours. Timely and professional response to my claim.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, thank you for letting us know that the claims process went well. We'd be more than happy to help you out in the future too. Cheers, Anthony

Travel with Confidence

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2015

Insurance was easy to obtain online and we could tailor it to suit our needs. The insurance was well priced for what we got. We had a fantastic trip and did not make a claim (yet) and so cannot comment on their claims services or process.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, I'm glad you had a fantastic trip! It's also great to hear that you found your Online Travel Insurance policy easy to purchase online and were happy with the flexibility and price. Thanks... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Protecting ourselves one insurance policy at a time...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2015

We got the cover at short notice and even though we were only going to NZ insurance is essential, especially the car insurance excess cover.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for posting a review Craig - I'm glad we could help cover you for your trip to NZ!
Tegan, Online Travel Insurance

Good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2015

Compared to other travel insurance this is good value for money, especially if you use the increased cover for car hire excess. Have used it several times, domestically and internationally, and very easy to adapt to personal circumstance. No claims made yet, so cannot comment on that side of things. Did have to cancel one policy and make another due to last minute change in travel plans, and was dealt with quickly and efficiently on the phone.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Fiona,

It's lovely to hear from a regular customer who's a fan of Online Travel Insurance policies' value and flexibility and the great customer service our team provides.

Kind regards,
Tegan, Online Travel Insurance

• 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Horrible service, No help was given.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

Injured my knee in bali and am needing a knee reconstruction.. Absolutely nothing is covered. Why even bother take out insurance?

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jason, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with the outcome of your claim. If you'd like me to investigate your case, please email your policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

The Best and easiest way to arrange travel insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2015

We have used this group on many occasions and found it meets our needs. Have made one claim which was hassle free. Still have one policy arranged for this year.
Only possible disappointment that when I turn 75, insurance with this great group may not then be available.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi George, Thanks for posting such a nice review of your experiences with Online Travel Insurance. We're sorry we will no longer be able to cover you after you turn 75, but we have age limits an... read more »

A travel necessity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2015

Luckily we didn't have to make a claim on this trip, but when I did make a claim after a trip to Thailand in November 2012. I sent the paper work to Online Travel Insurance and my claim was accepted and paid out, no questions asked. Would recommend them to my friends

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ritchie, I'm glad to hear we were able to help you out with your Thailand claim. Thanks for the review and recommendation! Tegan - Online Travel Insurance.

Good Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

Purchasing travel insurance with Online Travel Insurance is easy. The website is easily navigated and generally the pricing is very competitive. The policy provided is clear and when I have enquired about aspects of the policy coverage I have always good responses. The insurance coverage is similarly very good. I haven't, fortunately, needed to make a claim but know of a couple people have claimed on OTI and they have expressed satisfaction with the outcome

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Alan,

It's great to hear you're pleased with the OTI website and your insurance policy's price and coverage.

Kind regards,
Tegan – Online Travel Insurance.

Good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2015

Good value and communication of policy details and access to documentation electronically. Have not needed to make a claim so cannot say much about that.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for the comment and that you were happy with the process. Cheers, Anthony

Nil

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2015

Online travel insurance very easy to process and works for me and my husband very well. Lucky I didn't make a claim while I was overseas.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rana, glad to hear you were happy with the process. Cheers, Anthony

Verified Customer

Motorcycle Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2015

The online policy stated that motorcycle travel was covered at similar pricing to other more restrictive policies. Fortunately I did not need to test the accuracy of the policy.

Comments

I should add that the policy required me to be licensed to ride the bike in Australia and to be wearing a helmet.

The test of good travel insurance is how it reacts we you need to claim

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2015

We did not make a claim so we can only state that it was easy to buy travel insurance on line. The procedure was user friendly and we had no problems with getting the right cover for our holiday.

Too Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2015

I organised a policy online the morning I left for my trip, couldn't have been easier. Great to be able to choose extra cover for hiking in NZ.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mike, hope your hiking trip in NZ went well. We would be more than glad to help you out for your future travels! Cheers, Anthony

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

They took my money but did not create a policy!! Almost as good as stealing, very unhappy. For me to get a new policy they had refund my money (3 working days) and they would have to charge my card again. They could not use the current funds, Weird!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thank you for your review. We're looking at this issue at the moment and in the process of developing a solution - we apologise for the inconvenience. Regards, Anthony

Very easy and stress free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2015

Made the insurance booking online, 30 minutes before flying out. I made a slight mistake in my details was as easy as calling them up and the problem was solved quick and easy. Their prices were very cheap and had all the cover I needed for my partner and I on our snow trip.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mitchell, better late than never when it comes to travel insurance! I'm glad you were pleased with our price, coverage and customer service and I hope you had a great snow trip. Tegan

Was good to have peace of mind

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2015

Was good to know we had it as there was a possibility of flights being cancelled. Was also good when we did our adventure activities incase something happened

Best online travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2015

Very helpful customer service staff, fast reply and great solutions. Would highly recommend them. I didn't make a claim however I did query it as my trip was delayed due to Bali volcano and it was a relief to know that they would cover expenses if required. This is more than other companies were offering!

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brooke, thanks for your positive feedback. I'm glad we were able to help answer your questions about coverage. Kind regards, Tegan.

I had no need for insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2015

Easy to set up and price was fine. Didn't need to claim so I don't know what the claiming process is like.

Easy to get cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2015

I don't know how good you are because I never made a claim. All I know it was easy to get cover.

Good cover for adventure travel

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2015

I was looking for a policy to cover a caving adventure in Vietnam. The policy was competively priced and easy to buy online. The only difficulty I had was putting in my date birth but this was fixed after a call to the call centre.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Geoffrey, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on OTI. I'm glad to hear you found our price competitive. Thanks also for your feedback on the date of birth input in the online purchasing process... read more »

1 of 39 pages