Sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Nearly a month later and still no glasses

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Ordered and paid for glasses on Jan 25 and 3 weeks later, still no glasses. Apparently a 'quality issue' was responsible and was promised dispatch by 16/2. Didn't happen; unresponsive to questions re order status both by email and by phone. Checked their Aussie addresses for Australia Lane, Woollahra (orthodontists, fake), 14 Jeremy Grove, Glenwood (private address, fake) and their customer service (an offshore call centre) couldn't provide addresses for their 'Bondi and Randwick stores' listed on their website. So, basically this is a China based business masquerading as an Australian business. Buyer beware it seems. At least I paid by Paypal and can probably get my money back.

Comments
Optically Official

Dear Customer, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to know that you have not received your glasses order on 25th January, our records state that all orders received on 25th January have... read more »

The perfect fit and style for sunglasses!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I have always struggled to find sunglasses that fit and suit my face but the try on feature really works! This has helped me pick a style that is flattering!

Amicable solution on spectacle Order

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

After my previous review was received by Optically, they contacted me and offered a solution to my review. As this matter has now been resolved, I am happy to report, that they acted quickly to remedy the issue.

I bought a second set of multi focal glasses, good price, looks good,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I was impressed with the price and quality of glasses, I am very pleased with them they are a good back up for my other glasses and gives me more options when going out having a variety of 2 pair of glasses is good.

Melbourne, VIC

• 5 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

My multi-focal glasses

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Initially I found a lot of support for Optically when I came to check out which one to buy from. Optically seems to be very impressive. I went and made an order -- Amount
A$283.90 Order Number OD-AU-00009881 on 13th Sept, 2017--
but later on the glasses came with heavy lens, contrary to what they promised: wafer thin lens package.
The glasses came with 7mm in thickness compared to my former glasses 4mm the thickest part.
I was upset by their deceptive behaviours.
Check out with these 2 replies:
1. Hello Miss Tam,

Thank you for your email.

We have received an update for your order from our lens suppliers regarding the lens thickness and have been informed that thickness of lenses differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. No 2 manufacturers can have the same lens thickness as the materials used are different.

We also wish to inform you that lenses with Digital Blue coat when compared to lenses with Anti-Reflective or MAR coatings are slightly thicker owing to the material used to make them, hence you may find a variation with the lens thickness for higher prescriptions.

2. Miss Tam,

Thank you for your email.

I wish to inform you that your glasses have been made with Kodak 1.74 index lens. Unfortunately, I would be unable to disclose the name of our supplier/vendor.

I also wish to inform you that lens thickness would vary depending on your prescription. The 1.74 index undoubtedly are wafer thin however lenses with complex prescription would have slight thickness. You were suggested or opted for 1.74 index, as lenses with lower indexes would have been thicker than the lenses you have received.

If you wish I can share the purchase invoice for your lenses as well.
---------------
Look, you can see that the explanation was so unclear and I still cannot understand why my glasses with them were so much thicker than my other glasses I used before.
After writing to them a few times by email with no prevail, I had to put up with this heavy glasses on my face; therefore, I will not buy from them any more in the future because they were not honest upfront, making me think and believe that buying from them meant getting a good bargain on price and quality.

I think it is better to shop face to face for glasses than buying online after this terrible experience.

Comments
Optically Official

Dear B TAM, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the unexpected experience you have had with the lenses supplied. I have checked our records and find that you did contact us regardi... read more »

I have just received from Optically Official Frances and Melvyn by phone and email concerning helping me to get right with my heavy lens: 7mm thickness of the lens. I am happy to hear from them tha... read more »

Great Price and Simple to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I am really happy with my glasses and its ease of use. The frames received look exactly how they did on the website. The feel good quality and pretty sturdy.

Verified Customer

Communication is terrible, still waiting for my refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I placed an order for reglazing on the 27/12 and after 2 weeks of not hearing from them (9/1) I called to find out where I needed to send my frames, the man I spoke to gave me the address and I posted them that day. Heard nothing for another 2 weeks so I sent a message through there online messenger asking when I would be receiving them to which I was told they had sent me an email (which I did not receive) on the 29/12 and 6/1 stating the lenses I had chosen we’re not available and I would need to pay more money for a different sized lease. The man I spoke to on the phone after these 2 alleged emails never mentioned this or I would never have sent the frames out and would have asked for a refund right then and there which I informed the person who finally replied to my questions. He offered me the upgrade for $20 which I declined and just asked for a refund which I was informed I would receive within 3 working days minus the postage for sending the frames back (which is unfair because this was their mistake), that was over a week ago. Still no refund and no reply when asking what the hold up is, I guess the next step is to contact PayPal to get my money back. at least I got my frames back

Comments
Optically Official

Dear Toni, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused as you did not receive the address details to send your glasses to be reglazed until you called our support team ... read more »

Bundarra

• 19 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Great alternative

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Arrived in 2 weeks, being multi focal lenses. I am particulary pleased as no pre measurements were taken like SpecSavers & OPSM always do.

Excellent service and quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses recently, but due to an error on my part, when the glasses arrived it didn't quite fit me. However, the people at Optically did everything they could to help me to replace my glasses. They made to entire process of returning and replacing so easy. The new glasses itself was fantastic - quality 100%. Will definitely buy all of my future glasses from Optically.

Verified Customer

The experience was perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

I have purchased glasses from several websites however my experience with Optically was exceptional. They offer dispatch within 24 hour and was tempted to use them as I had damaged my existing glasses and required some glasses pretty quick. They also offered a 100% guarantee hence went ahead with the order. I was surprised to receive an email from them the next day around 3:00 pm with a Australia post tracking number and 2 days later my glasses were delivered. The glasses are perfect and they are super quick.

Melbourne

• 14 comments

No reply

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Can't review the glasses because they haven't arrived. The 2 star rating is because they don't answer emails or Facebook messages. Not good !

Comments
Optically Official

Dear Mr. Kelsen, Thank you for your feedback. I have checked our records and can confirm that all your emails and chats received between 10:00 am - 11:00 pm have been responded to within 3 ho... read more »

The chats were responded to, but NOT the emails or Facebook messages, and the status check on your website still says " qualiy check " even though the glasses have been sent. Your website says tha... read more »

Dear Mr. Kelsen,

I can assure you that all emails were definitely replied to and order confirmation notifications were sent as well. We have emailed to the transcripts for the same as a confirmation for our replies.

What you need: Custom sunglasses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Purchased an excellent pair of prescription aviator sunglasses. Great selection of tints and lens coatings, well worth it.
So good I'm buying a 2nd pair after the first ones were lost in a waterfall.

Verified Customer

Loved the service and quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I had a prescription sunglass lens installed and the process was just smooth from start to finish. Customer service kept me updated all throughout and responded promptly to my queries. The order was finished and delivered well before expected timeline and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the lens, coating and the fit. Everything was perfect. Thanks Optically team, you can count on me to spread the word.

Loved the service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Turnaround in less than a week including postage both ways. Affordable prices on a broad range and easily contactable. Highly recommend.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Optically I have found is the best online glasses store, they are quick with delivery, and when you have a query they answer it quickly and friendly.

Mornington

• 2 comments

Ordered 4/12/2017

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Still no glasses poor customer service I'm sure they are not in Australia don't trust them they tell lies they told me the lenses were coming from there German lab what a crock

Comments
Optically Official

Hi, We did share the tracking details last time which clearly indicate that Auspost received your glasses on 20th December, but you still choose to ignore this fact for some reason. Again you ca... read more »

They where ordered on the 4th of December they have now arrived and the prescription is wrong and I payed for thin lenses these are in noway thin lenses now we will see how your refund system works and let Australia know

Optically Official

The order was for Multifocals, it takes 10 working to complete this type of order. The glasses were sent out on the Friday 17th December and Auspost has received them in their system Monday 20th De... read more »

Received my glasses in 3 days!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Absolutely fantastic service. I chose a frame which was available in the 24 hour dispatch section of the website. The glasses arrived on the third day from Sydney. Extremely happy with the service and the quality of the glasses. Will certainly use them again in future.

Very good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Loved being able to try the frames before you buy. The one down side was the fact that I chose 4 frames to try and only 3 arrived with no explanation. I rang your office to confirm that there was only three as I didn't want to be charged for something I didn't have.
Uploading script very easy.
Great selection but would like to see some more colourful frames.
Very happy with the frames I picked and the multi focal lenses have been great.

I am truly impressed. Thank you!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Good quality product and friendly service. The postage took a while but that is not your fault. I even received a call afterwards to check if I received it.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

The service was great. Communication was good. I have high astigmatism and knowing that these guys deliver what you exactly want is an important plus.

1 of 9 pages

Do you have frames suitable for archery target shooting (prescription to be added)?

Con asked on Jan 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry, I see that for archery you need Wrap around style glasses the ones that Oakley or the other sports sunglasses manufacturers make.

Now, when it comes to prescription lenses there is a limitation on how much curvature can be added to it hence they cannot be fit in wrap around glasses. However, the solution to this is to use something called as sunglasses inserts. Mostly all premium sunglasses brands offer serval model that offer prescription or RX inserts. These inserts can be fitted with the prescription lenses.

Thanks,
Manager - Optically Pty Ltd

Are you located in Australia or not? The address on your website at - 14 Jeremy Grove, Glenwood is actually a residential address. Most of these positive reviews are from reviewers with no history, the negative reviews are from people with multiple reviews. Seems a bit shifty.

sceptical asked on Mar 07, 2017

Answer this

I am located in Tasmania and order a pair of Skechers and I was very please with the order, and it didn't take too long to come either. Not sure where they came from exactly, but pretty sure it was posted from Australia.

Hi I ordered prescription sunglasses from Adelaide and the whole process went smoothly
I suspect the glasses are made overseas but I still received within a week

Yes, it is residential address indeed !!! As When I returned my glasses+lens on the above mentioned Glenwood address via Australian Post, I was informed that they had to safe drop it, as no one was home. Now the question arises, why will you put up a Residential address ??!! After I complained, they have smartly changed their address. Have a look. Dont trust them, they never keep their word. Read my review and you will have a better idea. If its prescribed lens, they will issue only partial refund and their quality is also not very nice.