5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Excellent quality at realistic price on replacement lenses very helpful service and timely delivery, will definitely reorder in the future

Easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Cheap and quick - and thanks for tightening the arms like I asked in my note. Nice to use someone who is sort of local.

Great value and really quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

One of the big glasses companies charges double for what optically did! I was really happy with the price and quality of my new lenses.

Great Glasses, just need to iron out some delivery and communication bugs and they will get 5 stars

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

I ordered replacement lenses for my existing frames and this transaction went very smoothly. Glasses are great and order to delivery time stated was spot on.
I ordered a second pair from the range and when i received them they were a different size to the website. I sent and email and it took a few days to respond. In the interim i mailed the glasses back with a hard copy of the email. Long story short i eventually received a second pair that are great and fit well but there was a fair amount of too and fro over the course of 4 weeks to make it happen.
Don't let this put you off, glasses are great and i am sure Optically will get better at this over time. For the price the inconvenience is worth it.
Optician quoted $380 to replace lenses in my existing frames and optically did it for $100.85 and that is with the best lenses.

Comments
Optically Official

Hi Jauno, Thank you for your feedback. I are glad to know that you are satisfied with both the pairs however apologise for the inconvenience due to delayed response and delivery. As mentio... read more »

MAUDSLAND

super easy and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Website is so easy to operate, after placing order I had many follow up emails, which was great so I was able to upgrade to thinner lenses.Making time was super fast , same as postage. I will definitely be using their service again.

Wrong prescription and no communication

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The prescription was incorrect, the bifocals ugly and old fashioned but worst can’t contact anyone to discuss the situation. You promise satisfaction guaranteed or refund. I’ve sent emails and haven’t had a response so trying this way!

Comments
Optically Official

Dear Mei, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to know that the glasses received are not suitable and you have been unable to get through our support team to discuss the same. We are unable to... read more »

Verified Customer

Best one's I've ever owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

These are the best frames I've ever owned. Although they are a little tight, I believe that is on me. They did get here on time. In the end the quality and the price is worth.

Great Quality Great Service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I was surprised by the quality of my new prescription glasses. They look great with strong build, Communication was good and everybody replied promptly to my enquiries. The only issue was a delay in the post by3-4 days.

Super easy and affordable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

My prescription changed and I didn’t want to go to a store since I always get the same style glasses. I found the ones I liked online, put my prescription in and ordered. So easy. The only issue was there was a manufacturing issue with the frames and I wasn’t notified about it which delayed my order.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Great service, had glades deglazed and the are of decent quality and seem to be as I ordered. Will shop again.

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Should have gone to... anywhere but there !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Placed an order on March 6th 2018 for reglazing of my new frames that I purchased online. Paid immediately and sent frames a few days later.
Then nothing....for days and days and days.
Sent email on March 23rd asking for an update on my order, they finally replied 3 days later.
Replies came from somebody called [name removed] he said he would contact the ' laboratory team'. Another email 3 days later advised me that the wrong lenses had been sent and would have to be redone.
On April 4th [name removed] advised the lenses are still not received and asked me for the order number so he could track the order.
Their so-called 'online order tracking' is useless, it has two status' processing and dispatched. thats it.
My order showed 'processing' for 4 days even after they were shipped. useless.
Finally on April 5 [name removed] advised he would contact the 'Logistics Team' to locate the whereabouts of my lenses. After a furious email from myself he advised the eyeglasses would be dispatched that day and sent by Express Post.
The eyeglasses finally arrived on Monday April 9, one month after ordering.
The case was in a paper envelope with NO protective packing, NO paperwork, NO receipt and NO warranty card.
The lenses were covered in fingerprints.
The cleaning cloth in the case was missing.
The lenses did not fit the frames and were jammed in with a large gap between the top of the lens and the frame.
The lens does not match the prescription and causes pain and headaches even after wearing for a min or two.
I paid extra $49 for 'ultra thin lenses' the one supplied by Optically are heavy and thick coke bottle lenses ( twice as thick as the demo lenses that were in the frame).

I sent 2 emails to them detailing the above on April 15 and April 16.... to date no reply has been received.

Optically is sham business.
There is no teams as I found out.
Do not believe their stalling tactics and weirdly written pigeon-english emails.
Optically is one man show operating out of the backdoor of a Bra Shop on Edgecliff Rd Woollahra, the 'showroom' is small stand of dusty frames in a hallway accessible by the back gate and walking past the bins of the Bra Shop.
Their ABN of 47608247623 is registered in SA and the phone number redirects to Western Australia, most likely an offshore voip call centre.
Their 'state of the art lab' is rundown shop in West Ryde occupied by 'Express Eyecare'.

I have requested a refund from my credit card company.
A terrible experience.
Avoid at all costs.
I'm off to SpecSavers.

Comments
Optically Official

Dear Michael, Thank you for your feedback. To begin with, I request you to note that if you are not satisfied with your new glasses we offer a 100% refund. We are amongst the few online glasses ... read more »

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Happy and contented with service. Just need improvement on packaging for extra care of the glasses. Also please give more notice or updates about our glasses. Thanks

Great choice in merchandise

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2018

My first order got lost in the system . After 5 weeks I followed up and received my glasses in 10 days at my post box address.
My second order apparently could not be send to my Post box . Gave a street address and received my order at my post box (?)
My third order was placed with a street address AND a post box address. . I was told they coud not send them to the PO Box . Maybe that's why I included the street address......
I still like their range of products / waiting delivery of my third order / maybe by carrier pigeon??

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Error after error. Buy elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

I've ordered with them twice both times errors have been made on opticallys part. First time glasses took 6 weeks to arrive so this time i ordered 2 pairs of 24 hour dispatch glasses. When they werent dispatched in 48 hrs i called them and was told they werent eligible because one pair was tinted and they wont post separate. There are no t's and c's about this online. I even offered to pay 2x postage because it was urgent. They said they'd dispatch express post the next business day instead. They didnt. They regular posted 2 days later. I contacted them and they said they would refund post. They still haven't and its been 5 weeks. Glasses arrived and the lense tint has bubbles in it. Gave up and ordered a pair from Clearly. They were the same price, metal frames and glass instead of plastic, and arrived within a week. Don't bother with Optically.

Comments
Optically Official

Hi Louise Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to know that it took longer than expected for your glasses to be delivered on both occasions and you are unhappy with the experience. Kindly n... read more »

Actually, wasnt clearly identified on website at the time, but maybe it now is after my initial complaint. Also you're not even referencing the correct order because both were dispatched in the sam... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Shame they dont care enough to respond to feedback!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

purple glasses case for a man and no response to feedback, obviously no consideration for customers. the glasses were ok but disappointed with the servicee and lack of response

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optically Official

Hi Woz, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to know that you have received your glasses however they arrived in a purple case. All glasses are sent in a white or black coloured cases, howev... read more »

Melbourne, VIC

• 15 comments
  • 2 answers

My 2nd multi-focal lens replacement

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

Thanks Optically that they have tried their best in the process to get me another pair of lens in replacement of the first pair as I mentioned earlier.
Thanks for their willingness and helpfulness to get through the process for me again because the first pair was too heavy on my face, causing difficulty at work or long hours of computer work in particular.
Optically has tried again and again to contact me and get the 2nd pair right for me and I am very thankful still for their professionalism and the price they offered to get it fixed.
As an online based optical shop, it is difficult to please everyone and make it just right the first time. I could appreciate their efforts to improve their customer service and quality products delivery.
I believe that they can do better still if they pay attention to details and confirm with customers first by phone if in doubt before they go ahead of making the glasses, this will minimize misunderstanding and expectation not met.
Thanks Optically for all your hard work once again and please do keep up your professionalism to the best of your ability for many customers coming your way in the years to come.

Comments
Optically Official

Thank you so much for your feedback and we really appreciate you taking out time to share a detailed review.

We will definitely work on the points you mentioned and hope to serve you again soon.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

I was able to easily find in the internet where I could send my old frames for new lenses. After speaking to a helpful person at the end of the phone, I placed my order, posted off my old frames together with a script for lenses. I was emailed receipt of same and told how long it would be before I would receive my new spectacles back. All stress free. thank you

Slow post but great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

I ordered 2 pair of single vision distance glasses. They took a while to arrive however i am very happy with the glasses that i got. Quality finish.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Their lenses caused me heaps of trouble!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I have used their services more than once. The first time I used their basic lenses for prescription sunglasses and I was happy with them. The second time, I wanted to give myself a treat, so I ordered Ultra thin Kodak lenses hoping to receive superb vision. I received my glasses after a while. Since then, I was terribly dizzy especially after work, as I have to work with computer. It was getting worse and worse day by day and I was horribly anxious what might be the reason. One evening I could barely walk and in the meantime I was exploring any particular reason behind it as I was terribly scared. I accidentally tried another pair of glasses (ordered through another store) and all the dizziness was gone! Then, I noticed that the lenses come with heaps of blurred areas that most definitely led to blurred vision and thereby dizziness. I was happy with their usual thing but am hugely disappointed with their premium product!!! Maybe not a good idea to but premium lenses from them cause it seems not to be a random error :(

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optically Official

Hello Mr. Shahin, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to know that you are facing a problem with your vision for the glasses supplied however I wish to inform you that before we ship any pr... read more »

Hi thanks very much for the replacement. The service was good and quick. Much appreciated! Shahin

Gold Coast

• 1 question

14 days and still not dispatched

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I've been waiting for 14 days since I ordered a pair of glasses (single vision) and the product is still not being sent. It's frustrating.

Comments
Optically Official

Hi Newman, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to know that you have not received your glasses that was ordered 2 weeks ago. I wish to inform you that all of our single vision orders are dis... read more »

1 of 10 pages

Do you have frames suitable for archery target shooting (prescription to be added)?

Con asked on Jan 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry, I see that for archery you need Wrap around style glasses the ones that Oakley or the other sports sunglasses manufacturers make.

Now, when it comes to prescription lenses there is a limitation on how much curvature can be added to it hence they cannot be fit in wrap around glasses. However, the solution to this is to use something called as sunglasses inserts. Mostly all premium sunglasses brands offer serval model that offer prescription or RX inserts. These inserts can be fitted with the prescription lenses.

Thanks,
Manager - Optically Pty Ltd

Are you located in Australia or not? The address on your website at - 14 Jeremy Grove, Glenwood is actually a residential address. Most of these positive reviews are from reviewers with no history, the negative reviews are from people with multiple reviews. Seems a bit shifty.

sceptical asked on Mar 07, 2017

Answer this

I am located in Tasmania and order a pair of Skechers and I was very please with the order, and it didn't take too long to come either. Not sure where they came from exactly, but pretty sure it was posted from Australia.

Hi I ordered prescription sunglasses from Adelaide and the whole process went smoothly
I suspect the glasses are made overseas but I still received within a week

Yes, it is residential address indeed !!! As When I returned my glasses+lens on the above mentioned Glenwood address via Australian Post, I was informed that they had to safe drop it, as no one was home. Now the question arises, why will you put up a Residential address ??!! After I complained, they have smartly changed their address. Have a look. Dont trust them, they never keep their word. Read my review and you will have a better idea. If its prescribed lens, they will issue only partial refund and their quality is also not very nice.