Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Not what was advertised to us... Disappointed.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

We ordered the Optimum 600 3rd Generation cold press juicer because of what we saw advertised online.
It was advertised to make juices, smoothies, ice cream, nut butters, tofu etc.
It was also advertised to have a wide mouth to juice whole apples and larger fruits and vegetables.
On top of having to wait nearly a month for it to arrive (it was on pre-order however there were many delays), when we unpacked it a lot of the pieces advertised (such as a blank strainer and ice cream attachment) were not there.
We contacted Froothie to ask about this and were told that it didn't come with those attachments - even though they were advertised on the Froothie and the Optimum website.
We also found out that despite advertising it also didn't make nut butters, ice cream and sorbets... we can't figure out why a newer upgraded model (the 3rd generation) can do only half of what the old model did.
As well as this you can definitely not juice large ingredients; it's designed with a built in flap where the top opens up so that when you open the wide mouth up a flap comes up and shuts the top off. It's difficult to explain but it stops you from even putting a regular sized apple in.

It comes with a juice recipe book but there is not even an instruction manual on how to make juices, no tips and tricks, no information whatsoever on what the juicer does and how to use it.
We tried to google and find videos on how to make smoothies or tofu etc and there is nothing online we could only find videos of the older version (which looks like a better version, has twice the amount of functions - but is discontinued?).
All in all we were highly disappointed with our purchase and believe we were mislead by the false advertising into purchasing it.
We are in the process of getting a refund and are looking into buying a better juicer, with more functions such as a Kuvings or an Omega.
To top it off, when we asked Froothie about the refund process we weren't even asked why we wanted a refund and what we were unhappy with.
Very disappointing all round.

Winchelsea

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Contrary to claims, a nightmare to clean

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I am utterly baffled at everyone repeating the company's claim that it is easy to clean - it is a nightmare, takes a good 10-15 minutes of rinsing and scrubbing even when done immediately after use, and has one bit that is supposed to be given a final wash differently from the rest/not in detergent - I never would have bought it had I known, I don't want a glass of juice so badly as to waste all the many litres of rinsing water involved - may be worth it for large families/households, but otherwise forget it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Ferris, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered with our Optimum 600 3rd Generation Cold Press Juicer and yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Efficient and Easy to Clean

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I purchased our Optimum 600 cold press juicer in December. We have used it extensively since then ... nearly every day. It is very easy to use with the wide mouth being able to take whole fruits (however we do cut apples and big fruit in half as it just makes the job easier). The trick with cleaning it is to wash it out immediately after use. If fruit or vegetables dry in it yu will need to scrub it. Otherwise, it is just a simple rinse.
Generally, it is not a noisy machine but it does depend on what you are juicing. Carrots make it noisier but soft fruits are not. Cut down stalky fruits (celery, kale beetroot stalks etc) because the long pieces tend to wrap around in the grinder and don't juice well.
We love our juicer. The quality of the juice is great and the machine is very efficient. We have used many types of juicers and the optimum 600 is right up there as one of the best that we have used.

Carnegie

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

Daily use for 10 months now and not one hiccup. Handles hard veggies like beetroot, carrot and ginger with ease. Tons of juice extracted with not a huge amount of pulp left. As with juicers I've had in the past, there are quite a few parts to clean but once you are in a daily routine of juicing it doesn't seem too much of a hassle. The yummy result is worth it. Since discovering fresh turmeric, I have noticed yellow staining on jugs but lots of spices play havoc with non-stainless containers. Great product. Exchanged for the wider mouth which is fabulous as it cuts down on chopping time.

Adelaide

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Very good quality juice!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Very good quality juice. It encouraged me to eat more kale and ginger, as I can easily add it to my juice. It is enjoyable to use, seeing all the fruit and vegetables get churned. I do not find the noise intrusive. Big drawback is the time consuming and tedious nature of cleaning everything up. I am unfortunately using it less frequently because of this.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Sep 2016

great juicer can juice everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

This is a great juicer for green vegetables. I use it juice 3 liter celery juice with no stop no cutting celery. The juice speed is fast, juice quality is great. But it hard to clear as too many edges hard to reach. This juicer definitely the best even compare to new models.

Burrowye

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Juices Everything I Throw At It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I have gone through numerous centrifugal juicers, finding that they last about the length of the warranty and then they end up in the tip. After purchasing from Froothie previously, when my last juicer burnt out, I decided to try a slow juicer. I got this one o sale, making it more appealing. I have juiced just about everything I can think of with this machine, and nothing phases it. It does have other functions like making frozen fruit ice-cream, but I haven't bothered with them. It's not as noisy as my previous juicers, meaning I can hold a conversation with my husband while I'm juicing. I use it 2-3 times a week and juice in batches. It has never overheated or struggled with anything. I am expecting to have this machine for a long, long time. Cleaning is no different than any other juicer, there are chutes and baskets to clean. I clean mine by hand as I am not sure that a dishwasher does various parts any favors based on past experience. It probably takes me about 15 minutes to wash it all up. Froothie is an amazing company to deal with. I have brought 3 appliances from them now, and their sales and service people are excellent.

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: May 2016

12 months on, still the best juicer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

I've had the big mouth Optimum 600 for almost a year now and it's still going strong.
Not only does it do a great job of crushing fruit and vegetables into fine quality juice, but it also makes frozen fruit icecream.
I've had failed juicers by other brands and deafeningly loud dessert makers, the Optimum 600 replaces them and does a better job and quietly.

After an extended juicing session, if the bowl feels difficult to lift (this is not unusual with auger juicers), simply put in reverse for a few seconds. Then it will easily lift off. It might be good practice to just put it in reverse a few seconds when you've finished juicing before removing the shute and bowl for cleaning.
Cleaning is very simple and only takes a few minutes.

Highly recommended.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Happy for the most part

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I'm happy with most of the juicers abilities.
I have never owned a juicer so have nothing to compare it to, however I do find it struggles moving very stringy vegetables, like celery, wheatgrass or Rhubarb, from the main container, through the chute to the pulp jug. I have to be sure to run them through last, if not its struggle town.
Also, when it gets blocked the machine heats up and warms the juice.
It is nice and quiet as advertised.
Wide mouth is handy.
Cleaning is easy enough except removing all pulp from the basket mesh.
It has been a positive addition to my nutrition.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Moo moo and thank you for sharing your feedback :-) As this is the first time you use a cold press juicer, I would be happy to send you some tips on the best ways to juice leafy greens and s... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Nov 2016

So happy with our purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

We were recommended the Optimum 600 from friends that also loved their purchase and use it regularly. It's great that you don't have to cut the veggies up too much also!! (Except the celery, so the strands don't get caught on the way though!). We use our juicer a couple of times a week and jar the juice to use over 2-3 days!

Cairns

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Best juicer ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Have been juicing for over 40 yrs & last 2 juicers have been single speed cold press juicers which lasted approx 10yrs. Changing to a vertical juicer with large auger has been best decision ever. This juicer has been so well thought out & is the easiest to clean of all juicers I've ever known. It's quick, leaves the least amt of pulp & totally the best design. Am thoroughly enjoying the love affair with my new juicer & is money so well spent.
Linda Renouf (Cairns, Nth Qld Australia.)

• 5 comments

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

What I like: 1. Easy to assemble once you get few tricks such has turning the auger. If it is not easy then check you are using the dots of reference then don't force it and turn around the piece to find the connection.
2. Easy to feed the machine. Careful to not over feed or it clogs. You still need to cut Kale, Celery and fibrous veggies alike in small piece to avoid clogging the machine. Alternate with the various components.
3. Easy to disassemble, although the auger can be hard to take off.
4. Easy to clean.
5. The pulp is quite dry. SO the yield is quite good.

What I dislike: 1. The warranty for the auger and the filter screen is ONLY 1 year and not 5 years as advertised. This is false advertizing. Why HIDING/LYING about this? These are the two pieces that are under the most pressure when it juices. For me it reflects a lack of quality of these pieces made in China. And to replace them it cost $85 for the auger and $39 for the filter screen. Should I be prepare to re-buy these pieces for $124 every 18-24 month?
2. the instructions are not precise enough.

November 15th 2016 Update:
I use it every day, sometimes twice a day. I got the hang of assembling and disassembling the juicer. Just make sure that the little colored silicone piece under the juicer collector is engage 40%.
The cleaning stays easy & quick (3 minutes) despite the fact that there a some leftover in the machine. Make sure you clean it before it is dry and use the brush on the screen.
The yielding for green veggies is good, coming from a centrifugal juicer this is much better. I like being able to try for 30 days. Not all company offers that. Too bad for them.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Gabriel, my name is Francois and I would like to personally apologise for the misunderstanding with the warranty. The auger is designed to last over a decade, it is almost impossible to damag... read more »

Hello Francois, Thank you for your comment. Nevertheless, this is no misunderstanding. It is written black on white that the auger and the filter screen is only under 12 month warranty. I can beli... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Gabriel, we actually do cover the auger and the filter for 5 years under warranty and have been doing so since the launch. The misunderstanding is due to the older warranty terms and conditio... read more »

Moonee beach, Nsw

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2016

What a ripper!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I did all the research before buying and am so happy I did. Such an awesome machine. We juice all the time. You don't even have to cut fruit and vegetables up, as long as they fit in the shoot you're sweet. Save yourself the time and hassle and spend the money up front to get a decent product. I would definitely recommend a slow cold press juicer over a centrifrugal juicer any day of the week!

Maleny, Queensland

• 2 comments
  • 20 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation

It's been a Love/Hate relationship with my juicer but the Love is winning out!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

Some time ago I bought a Froothie Optimum juicer and it's proved itself to be an excellent product, in use most days of the week. Urged on by our son who is a great fan of slow juicing, we decided to investigate slow juicers and came to the conclusion that the Froothie was the best buy in terms of efficiency and warranty and of course we knew the company to be reliable and ready to answer any questions. Thanks to Katie the order was dispatched without delay and it was with some excitement that we read the instructions and prepared for the initial juicing adventure. Oh no, clearly we mis-read some of the instructions but also found that the description of each filter was not readily understood. After that hiccup we rang Froothie and found out where we'd gone astray. From then on it was pretty easy to both assemble and disassemble the entire machine. My only real criticism initially, was that I found it to be a bit of a horror to clean and I ended up with beetroot juice and pulp over me, the bench, the adjacent wall - yep, everywhere. To begin with, I also found that the 600 didn't love large/older beetroot (maybe too stringy??) so I've been buying smaller size beets and the problem has gone away. I learned the hard way that people who suggested cutting the stems off vegetables such as kale and the like were absolutely correct. However, many days of using the 600 has brought about a better outcome overall, as I've gained more experience with what it will and won't do (and there doesn't seem to be much it won't deal with) BUT the main thing I've learned is an easy way to clean the machine. I take all the moveable parts outside and hose them off with a fairly strong stream of water. The bonuses are two. It's easy and quick to clean, (especially the fine filters; the hose works much better than the supplied brush) and the birds adore the leftovers that appear, as if by magic, on the grass. It might not be the most obvious cleaning option but it definitely works. I'm still on the 30 day trial but so far things are going well and I can't see that we won't be giving the 600 a permanent home in our kitchen.

• 4 helpful votes

Great cold press juicer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

I juice a wide variety of fruit and veges on a regular basis. This is a fantastic juicer. Easy to use, can juice whole fruit and vege with little if no cutting required and is quiet and reliable, have had not one problem since I bought it 6 months ago.

Purchased at: eBay

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation

Still performing! = robust, great juice yield, efficient disassemble and clean!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

We've tried numerous fruit and veg combinations and the machine is very robust in all situations. Produces a great juice yield and a great consistently dry pulp which we found is great to use in cooking vegie burgers. Being a slow juicer, its quieter and can run for longer without fear of burning out the motor, great for our large family. Love the twist/snap/lock-in assemble and disassemble mechanism for efficient cleaning.

Mr

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

Hi, I brought my Optimum 600 Juicer start of year, I was glad I did the research over the Bullet Juicers, best part is watching peoples reactions when juicing pineapple skin and all. Usually jaw drops after seeing how much juice the skin holds. Having juices in the mornings my appetite is less during the day finding easier cut back on heavier food i.e bread & meat. Once we figured how to open the juicer after 3 tries, cleaning is a breeze with the tooth brush. The only hassle is the block in the chute makes having to cut the apples, etc. smaller, wish block could be taken out for bigger proportions.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

I have had amazing service with Froothie! And I would really reccomend buying from this company! We love to juice nearly every day and much prefere a slow juicer over the fast juicer for the quality and quanity of juice that it makes. We juice nearly any fruit and vege and use our vege garden which makes it affordable to use lots of greens! Best thing you can do for your health is own a good juicer you will use often :)

Brisbane

Excellent quality product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

I looked across many slow juicers to make my decision - they are expensive and there are many options. The Optimum has proven excellent. The juice is fantastic, its extracts more juice and build quality is top notch. What convinced me to take the plunge on this juicer was the obvious support offered by Froothie. They back up their products and that was the deal maker.

hastings

brilliant juicer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

this optimum 600 juicer is brilliant - i love it - easy to use, set up & take apart. Easy to clean and juices very well. It is the only juicer I have owned, but like the Optimum Blenders, I love it. The worms in our wormfarm love the pulp. haven't tried wheatgrass yet, but plan to - does lots of other greens really well so shouldn't think it will be a problem with that as well. I would not hesitate to get another product from these guys. The service was great as well.

1 of 4 pages