Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great Design Motor just needs more power or needs to be brushless.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

If you want great tasting, clean juice from a machine that doesn't take a lot of effort to clean then look no further. As far as domestic, household juicers go it would be right at the top of the list and I've used quite a few brands. A nice quiet motor on a machine that rings out the last drop of juice from your produce. It would be truly commercial if it had a brushless motor. NICE!!!!!

Black Mountain

• 2 answers

Cautious optimism

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Many things promise the world and then turn out to be bitterly disappointing. So I must admit I was cautious but optimistic when replacing my old juicer with an Optimum 600 (3rd generation). However, I’m glad the optimism won the battle as this juicer, which I have had for a couple of months, has exceeded my expectations. At about half the price of my old juicer which I have used for about 10 years and supposed to be the bees knees, juice making is so much easier without the chopping, pushing and clogging and the result is excellent covering a very wide range of fruit and vegetables. Although some people complain that cleaning is difficult, I have found it quite easy in only a minute or two as I have a hose with pistol grip nozzle on my verandah and pulp hoses off easily with occasional light brushing. Very happy so far.
Keith from Cooroy Qld

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Optimum 600 3rd Generation juicer the best there is.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

The Froothie Optimum 600 3rd generation cold press juicer is the best buy in juicers you can invest in. The juice is pressed and the flavour is better that eating a piece of fruit. There is less pulp waste so you get more of the vitamins from the fruit. My wife and I use the machine daily and it is very easy to clean and is very quiet compared to centrifuge juicers that destroy the flavour and make more mess and waste. We are so happy we tell everyone about the Froothie Optimum 600 cold press juicer. I wish more cafes and juicer shops would use the Froothie Optimum 600 cold press juicer. It makes sense to give the customer a better flavoured juice and save money by achieving more juice from the fruit with less waste. With the ease of cleaning, the down time of a machine would be less. Froothie also give you recipes for many type of juice combinations. So you can’t go wrong in making a great juice.

SYDNEY

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Great juicer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Very easy to use. I find if I give it all a quick rinse before I start, then cleaning is very easy, nothing sticks to the plastic. I use it for all manner of vegetables and fruit. Would only use for 5 mins a day or every few days. Quiet running. The machine won't start unless the top section has been twisted fully into place, I am guessing for safety reasons. Once I use it though, I find it very difficult to twist the two sections apart to clean. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make this easier? It will soon get to the stage where I will not be able to get the top part off, and won't be able to use it anymore, which would be very disappointing. Thank you.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello MargieGC, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager here at Froothie. I am so glad you are enjoying your Optimum 600 3rd Generation. It is indeed a great appliance and easy to use. ... read more »

I'm a juicer convert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Fantastic juicer, demolishes everything I throw in. As soon as I'm done I clean it, a rinse works for almost every piece and it's done in 3 minutes! Powerful enough to chew through beetroot yet gets every drop from oranges and pears. So glad I bought this one, it's easy to use and store, compact, streams of healthy juice and fun to watch.

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Fantastic, wish I had brought it earlier.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Love it, spent some six months researching juicers before deciding on this one. I like to buy quality for the money I spend and I am sure I have done so. I have fun making all types of juices usually with anything I can find in the fridge or what is growing locally and as I live in the Far North there is a great range of tropical fruits and vegies to select from to make a fantastic tasting juices. I am also getting my wife interested in drinking fresh juice with my concoctions, and yes it is easy enough to clean up. I made more mess before with my manual juicer.

Legana

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great juicer and amazing support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

My husband and I watch a documentary about the health benefits of juicing. This lead us to do some research on the internet and we found the Optimum juicer. We ordered as they were have a fabulous special and it arrived really quickly - even more amazing as it was delivered to Tassie. It makes great juice and is really easy to clean. We had an issue with a small crack appearing it a bit of the juicer. An email to the amazing support staff and a replacement part was on its way. Again delivered in lighting fast time to Tassie. And the support staff were incredible.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Sturdy and Reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I have switched to the Optimum 600 after years being loyal to another brand and continually having performance and quality issues. The Optimum can handle a large volume of produce and extracts plenty of juice. After 3 months I have to say this is the best juicer I have ever owned. My only criticism would be the drain valve is quite flimsy and mine has fallen off while cleaning, the cracked hinge makes it now impossible to seal.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Gary, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager here at Froothie. Thank you very much for the lovely review regarding your Optimum 600 3rd Generation. I am glad you are very happy wi... read more »

Thanks to Francois at Froothie for your exceptional customer service! I received my replacement part very promptly and at no cost. I wish all companies delivered such great service, thanks again. Gary

tracey.rees61@gmail.com

Juicing Just got Easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I am on a health protocol requires me to drink 500mls of fresh celery juice every morning. I was using a friction juicer and the whole process was messy, noisy and labour intensive. I invested in the Froothie Optimum 600 just before Christmas. It is amazing. It's much quieter, much higher yields of juice and easy to clean. It works best with smaller pieces of celery so I cut as I juice. I can't go back to my old juicer and I can recommend this juicer to everyone.

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

We highly recommend this juicer. It's a slow-juicer yet the chute is so large, you hardly have to chop thing! Carrots and small-medium apples go down whole which makes juicing so much faster. It's not loud and it's easy to clean. Fantastic juicer - wouldn't use anything else. Very happy.

Fabulously Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

The quantity of juce is much more than I expected and I am very happy. The machine is remarkably quiet, much quieter than I initially anticipated. There are a couple of crevices that are a bit tricky to clean and I use a different brush to what came with the machine. I don't use it during winter months but during the warmer weather it sits on the kitchen bench 24/7 and cops a pummeling. Excellent product and highly recommend anyone to purchase one.

Fantastic juicer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

More than happy with the product,easy to use and clean even my children are using it.We use it on a daily basis to create all kinds of flavours.The filters are great with no pulp getting into the juice so it’s nice and smooth.Quite to use so I can juice early morning without waking the house up.Overall thumbs up.

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Love this juicer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

This is my first juicer and I am very happy with it. Easy to use, easy to clean & assemble, not too loud, even my kids love using it. I use it every 2nd to 3rd day (I make 3-4L each time). I juice carrots, beets, pineapple, apples, spinach, cucumbers, celery, ginger, strawberries, watermelon, oranges. I can highly recommend this juicer.

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I am delighted with the Optimum 600 3rd Generation. It is very easy and quick to use with maximum juice output. Also is quiet and non messy when putting fruit and vegetables through the machine. Therefore very easy to clean and only the juicing parts need cleaning not the outside unit which I had experienced with my other brand machine. Simplicity of cleaning means I can use every morning even when time is short, which enables me to juice twice a day with ease and have quality juice every time.

Worth the buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

This is the one! If you are interested in juicing look no further, a great juicer that gets the most out of your produce with no loud motors and less cutting needed make a lot of juice quick and easy.
Personally I make a few liters at a time and refrigerate than last 3 days in correct containers
Enjoy.

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2018

This is the juicer I’ve been waiting for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

This juicer was recommended to me by a nutritionist and I just knew that if she recommended it then it would be the best. It truly is an amazing juicer and I am so happy with the quality and the functionality. I love the sound of the vegetables crunching in the slow juice motor, you can just feel all the nutritious goodness being squeezed out! This is the only juicer that I would recommend to those wanting to look after their health, vitality and well being. It’s super easy to clean, has a backward reverse function for anything that gets stuck. So it’s ultra easy to use and get the most out of your juice! Excellent product!

Quality Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Have used this amazing juicer everyday since I purchased it 2 months ago to make my morning celery and apple juice. Machine is quiet, doesn’t clog up, is easy to clean, and quick to assemble. It’s also quick to make nut milks (almond, macadamia, hazelnut) and pulp comes out fine and dry, which I use for baking. We love it so much we took it away in our caravan camping!

User friendly juicer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

This is my 3rd slow juicer. I have found this 3rd Generation juicer to be the best I have owned. I make around two litres of juice every second day. My 3rd generation juicer is very efficient in the quality and quantity of juice it produces.Machine is quiet,hardly every stops because of over sized portions and is easy to clean. Highly recommend this juicer to prospective users.

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best juicer I have ever used

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Fantastic juicer for all types of fruit and veg including leafy greens. It handles large pieces of veg and whole apples no problem at all. Also quick and easy to dismantle and clean. I have owned 4 juicers over the years and this is by far the best. The quality of juice is second to none.

Currambine

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 3rd Generation Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Product not the same as advertised

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

We just received the Optimum 600 3rd generation as advertised by Froothie. The videos and wording all indicate a wide mouth juicer, with a large 8cm mouth. At no point in time did the site indicate that this unit will not come like the one advertised. The one we received has a small opening at the top, with a small tamper. It also has a large opening, that gets closed off by a flap when opened. The almond milk recipe on you tube shows the use of a ladle to feed the machine. On this unit, feeding anything with a ladle would be impossible.

The warranty on the site says lifetime on motor and 5 years on parts. The included warranty booklet contained in the box says only 2 years is provided. With longer warranties available through third parties.

The site/advertisement videos show that the unit can make sorbet, etc with a blank grate, but the unit didn’t come with this attachment.

These points are concerning on a couple of different levels. Why make such a fuss over the improved large mouth and shorter prep time if the unit supplied don’t even have that functionality? I truly can’t believe that any modern (online) company would even attempt to get away with something like that.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Smith M, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager at Froothie. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that the appliance does not live up ... read more »

Francois, The photos don’t show the considerable change in the fact that the latest generation unit isn’t a wide mouth unit. The videos shown at the bottom, shows specifically how much time is redu... read more »

Optimum Appliances Official

Hi Smith, Thank you for your feedback. We've since made it clear that the videos are of the 1st generation 600 :) Please note our shute is 8cm large and is just as large as our old 600 and 700 un... read more »

1 of 5 pages

3rd Generation

Does it juice sugar cane?

Dan asked on May 21, 2018

Hi Dan,
Sorry, I have not tried sugar cane so I can only guess. I imagine it would be a bit tough for it, would have to be peeled and maybe cut into short pieces as it is so fibrous it could clog. I think it may handle smaller pieces but until someone has tried and can say for sure, I simply don’t really know.
Regards Keith

3rd Generation

what is the different between optimum 6 and optimum 6 (3rd Gen) ? Can it make juice that is seeded eg. pomegranate, kiwi, passion fruit, etc?

Jin asked on May 03, 2018

Hi Jin
Yes I found it a little confusing too as nearly all the online demos etc are on models other than the 600 (3rd gen) and I was going to buy a 700 until Froothie convinced me that the 600 (3rd gen) was much improved on previous 600s and perhaps even the 700 including the wide mouth feed which does make a big difference. I do pomegranate,apples, pears (still hard) and citrus with seeds with no problems. I’ve not done kiwi or passion fruit. I’d say search for online demos on 600 (3rd gen). I only found 1. Hope that helps.
Keith G

The new 3rd generation model had improved design & designed to last. Well worth the money.
The Optimum 600 will juice seeded fruit & vegetables. However best to removed the flesh & use the pulp only.

Thank you for all the answers. It's helpful. Yes, Keith, I also found only one demos on youtube for the 600 3rd gen and a lot of the 600. I wonder if the 600 3rd gen can make ice cream, sorbet and baby food?

Hi, where is the Optimum 600 made? What material is the auger

Robin asked on Mar 22, 2018

Hello Robin,

The Optimum 600 juicer is designed and tested in Australia and manufactured in China. You can find out more information about the quality control here http://www.optimumblender.com/quality-standard.

The auger is made of ULTEM, a higher quality, stronger and more durable material. It is also an eco-friendly material. We hope this helps but please feel free to contact us at support@froothie.com.au for any questions :)

See all 31 questions about Optimum 600

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details