Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

COOMERA, QLD

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Amazing Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

Chops up everything to a smooth drinkable consistency! So powerful, heats up very quickly to make soup. Love this machine, the reviews speak for themselves. It is really good quality machine.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2014

Has been great until the bearings started rusting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Looks like I'm not alone in this department and it is an inherent problem with the design of the jug and the bearing assembly since others are reporting same issues with rust.
I've been very happy with the blender until I started seeing fine rust powder form everytime I use the blender.
It turns out the bearing at the bottom of the jug is rusted and now I'm being told that warranty on the bearing is only 12 months. This is an obvious design flaw. Kitchen appliance is bound to come in contact with water at some point and I find it very odd th
at the bearing rusts so easily especially since I mostly clean my jug by running the blender with warm water and detergent.
I don't know why on my invoice, they call their warranty "5 year full warranty" when there are exclusions.
This is misleading to say the least.
I've been offered the replacement bearing for 39.95, but if there's an inherent flaw with the design, it is bound to rust again.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello djc926, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. The warranty for the bearings is currently 5 years which also includes all parts of the blender. While some companies ... read more »

As an update to this issue, I've been personally contacted by Francois and all issues sorted out to my satisfaction. Francois has called me numerous times to make sure I was looked after and I was ... read more »

• 2 questions
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2014

4 years of Happiness

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Happiness is when you have a kitchen gadget that works like a dream.. I love this blender, had it for 2 years now and every night and morning we have smoothy or a milkshake and never a drama.. i can crush nuts, make batter for pancakes, etc. Highly recommended. Have a look at my youtube review.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rGhSGee-Tw

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Faulty product 9400 blender

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I purchased the 9400 blender and within a year I've had two fractured jugs (2 litre). While mechanically it is powerful unfortunately I can't say the same for the jugs.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Isabel, I am very sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with your Optimum 9400 jugs, an unusual fault which we take very seriously under our warranty and high quality control stand... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Can't live without it !!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I purchase my Optimum 9400 just over a year ago .... it is fantastic. I use it every morning to make my green smoothie and it does a wonderful job of blending everything so well. I also purchased the single serve jug in September last year which I find is terrific for making healthy little chocolate snacks .... I can blend a small amount with ease.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2014

What A Beast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

I purchased my Optimum 9400 late 2014. It has been nothing short of amazing. I use it 6 out of 7 days every week. No matter what food I throw in it, the Optimum 9400 brings it to the exact consistency I need it to be. With the speed control knob, I can leave things as course / chunky or fine / smooth as I please. I have nothing but praise for this blender. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Brisbane

• 1 question

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I bought the Optimum 9400 blender because I couldn't trust the Vitamix due to the black speck teflon particles it releases. I use my Optimum blender every single day, sometimes 4-5 times a day, since we are on a raw fruitarian diet. So I make lots of sauces, dips, creams, smoothies, ice creams and even juices (by straining the fiber out). The only drawback I've found that sometimes the blender struggles a bit with thicker sauces and frequently shuts off (the safety switch gets activated) when making ice cream, but otherwise it makes excellent ice cream.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Froothie Optimum 9400 Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

My Optimum 9400 Blender has become the most used appliance in my kitchen. It has replaced my Ice Cream Maker and my Food Processor.
It liquidizes smoothies, makes amazing nut meals, ice cream, sauces, batter -
It is robust and super powerful, VERY easy to clean and looks great.
Initially I was going to get on the Nutri Bullet train but came across the Froothie site and I was sold.
I have since purchased other Optimum products and they are all as good as each other.
I will always check to see if there is an Optimum version of any appliance I want too buy in the future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2014

I just LOVE this blender

Blenders, I've had a few
but the 9400 is really worth a mention.
It does what I need it to do
and even more without exception
I 've had it since 2014
and it's gone beyond the call of duty
I love it and would buy another
this one's a BEAUTY!
PS:
when I saw it in action I knew I would love it
so I bought two - one for my daughter.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2015

Great all-round blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I've been using the Optimum 9400 for almost two years now and throughout that time its been fantastic, blending things quickly and smoothly with almost daily use. The tamper tool is also great for making dips and banana ice-cream. Recently I began having trouble with the base of the unit, and thus far Froothie have been great in replying to my enquiry quickly and ensuring the problem is solved.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Froothie Optimum 9400 Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

I've had my Froothie Optimum 9400 now for over 2 years and I'm just as happy with it as when it first arrived. It is used on a daily basis to make my morning smoothies and hasn't missed a beat. The engaging drive mechanism is positive and strong unlike some of the "pod" type blenders that friends have had. The motor is powerful and easily cuts through and blends hard fruits and pulverises ice with no problem. I would highly recommend this Froothie unit to anybody looking for a really great blender that is robust and powerful.

Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Use this once or twice every day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Often use vegetables like kale and silverbeet which I found harder to juice and it is always perfect. Then use it for banana oat pancakes done in seconds. Cauliflower rice again no problems. Easy to clean makes some noise but is quick. Ever since I bought it can't get enough.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Just Brilliant!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

I look at my 9400 as a beautiful piece of German precision engineering , I know it's not made in Germany. Has not missed a beat in the two years I have had the machine. Initially I bought the machine to make healthy smoothies, that soon gave way to not so healthy, milk , but beautiful

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Use it just about every day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I am very happy with my purchase almost a year ago now. Have had no problems. I would one day like to buy the smaller jug that goes with it, as often I'm only making small quantities.
I made this purchase using the PayPal laybuy option which was fantastic to work with my budget. Highly recommend.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Well designed machine, performs as advertised

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I've had the unit for over 2 years now, hasn't caused any problems. Had it trip once, when i was trying to mix some dough that was too thick.
Smoothies - perfect. Sometimes materials will stick, a couple of knocks or a tamp as a last resort fixes it.
The unit doesn't look as fancy as the obvious competition. But personally i much prefer something that is well built as it certainly is, and performs just as well if not better. The price is a massive bonus.

Only pity is having to buy sight unseen for most people, with little local shop support.

All in all, i recommend the unit to anyone who still appreciated well designed equipment.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2015

Blends great but keep the box

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Like most others, did plenty of research before dropping over $500 on a blender and the 9400 more than does the job for our blending needs.
To subtly gloat about how great our life is I'll mention that we live in a tropical area with papaya trees in our back yard and mango trees lining the streets, so our freezer is packed with "frozen goodness", which the 9400 blitzes into delicious smoothies on a regular basis. Frozen mango, papaya and banana with a bit of milk works a treat, though if too thick does require a bit of input from the tamper.
Smashes and pulps ice, vegies, other fruit etc., with ease.

Given the outlay and that it was our first blender, we paid the bit more for extended warranty cover and seems like a good thing we did, as have had a couple of issues in just the two years so far. We had an issue with the motor about 2 months after purchase, which required us to return the unit. Froothie sent a paid postage thing, assessed and repaired the unit, then sent it back. A year or so later we were trying to blend some semi frozen mince for our dog and the motor kept tripping out. When we contacted Support the response was "you're using it incorrectly". We provided a video using it as they instructed (but still tripping) and again they asked for it to be sent in, except we would have to pay for it to be inspected, as I guess they didn't seem to think it was a genuine fault.

Storage of the machine is a non issue- ours lives on the counter as we use it so much but to be picky, the colour could be a touch more stylish. Storage of the box is a bit clunky but worth it in our case.

The Support is very response but perhaps a little too necessary. If you're going to fork out for this blender then you shouldn't be afraid to use it.

Doyalson North NSW

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2015

One year on and still loving it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

It's been well over a year now and I still love my Optimum 9400 as much as ever. I originally was comparing it to a Nutribullet because that's what everyone was telling me was the bee's knees for smoothies but the Optimum was sooo much better. I have reasonably strong hands but when I used someone else's Nutribullet I found it too hard to undo. Also if I blended anything hot, it created a suction that was impossible for me to undo. I love the way I can just put warm water and a bit of detergent in the Optimum 9400 and turn it on for a few seco nds and the blades are all clean. It's a pest to do that with a Nutribullet because you have to tighten it well and when I used warm water the suction meant I couldn't get it undone. It had to go in the dishwasher or fiddle with a brush.
I've used my Optimum 9400 for heaps of different things: smoothies, cauli rice, nut butters (250g works perfectly, but more is a pest), various breakfast recipes, banana pancakes, and vegies for soups. I find to chop vegies for soups I need to use a relatively small quantity at a time, because more ends up blended rather than chopped but I work around that - after all, it is a blender! I still love my Optimum 9400 and haven't had an ounce of problem with it. (Except once it did overheat and cut out on me when I blended too many almonds for my almond butter, but it cooled down and re-set just fine. I now do batches of 250g which is perfect).

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Best blender we have ever owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Great unit can't fault it, my wife mainly uses it, she went though 3 top of the range Brevelle blenders in the past 6 years all failed due to seizing parts, This unit is powerful, easy to clean and is going strong.

Excellent Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

After considerable looking around for a good blender at an affordable price I finally settled on this one and haven't regretted it once since the day it arrived. I use it nearly every day mostly for smoothies, milkshakes, soups and occasionally for a recipe like rum balls or grinding coffee beans. Green smoothies were my biggest concern as other blenders have left them chunky and chewy and I could never add ice so I just about gave up on them, but the Optimum has always been smooth and consistent. I can now add as much ice or frozen fruit as I like and it blends it effortlessly in seconds. It is noisy but no more than a blender with a less powerful motor.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Love this blender cannot live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I purchased this blender in 2014 after doing a lot of research and have used it every day to make green smoothies I can pack the jug with the ingredients and within a short time I have a well blended smoothie .Its great for making nut pesto, frozen yogurt,and banana cake.I purchased the single serve jug this year and have not looked back.I cannot live without my Optimum 9400.Its the most used appliance in my kitchen.LOVE LOVE IT!!

1 of 35 pages