Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Blender brought in 2015, stops working the second time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

The motor in my blender is unreliable. I brought the blender in 2015 and after a year (2016) the blender stopped running. I have to sent it back for repair. Today (Oct 2018) the motor went bizarre - slow and then fast (alternating between the two speeds) and will be sending it back. It looks very likely the motor in my blender base is very unreliable.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Stopped working twice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Purchased Feb 2016, stopped working March 2017.
After some hassle Froothie repaired it for no charge.(replaced motor)
Stopped working again in 2017, gave up on it and bought a $30 blender (with an easy to clean glass bowl) from the Good Guys.

I also had to replace the bearing in the bowl.

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Jun 2018

A Great Purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

After a lot of investigation on what's on the market, I decided to buy the Optimum 9400 2nd generation and I'm not disappointed on any way. This blender is a sleek look and makes short work of anything that you put into it. A great test was a ginger elixir that I make make with 700mls of unpasteurised honey and 800 g of ginger root, this is offen a blender destroyer but was all done and dusted in 9 minutes. This machine was spectacularly powerful, quiet, and created a complete solution that doesn't settle.
I also wanted to mention the extraordinary service that I have experienced in my contacts with Froothie, their professionalism and genuine commitment to providing a quality product is both refreshing and admirable.

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Best and most reliable blender ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

This blender is stand alone. It blends anything at all, and the different settings make it easy to operate. I have never had a smoothie so smooth before!! I use it so often now that it sits out on the kitchen bench permanently! THanks Optimum!

warrnambool

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Super power, Super quiet, Super Impressed !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

I received my new 9400 2nd gen Blender ordered mid morning Wed arrived lunchtime the next day delivered to rural Vic, couldn't ask for better than that. Used to prepare evening meal last night and smoothie this morning, I thought I was making some pretty good smoothies with my old Sunbeam....boy was I wrong ! Until now I had not spent any more than $100 dollars on a blender so you can imagine I was a little anxious investing in the Optimum, after only 2 uses I'm confident I made the right decision. The build quality and design is impressive, the ease of use straight out of the box with a nice balance of simple auto and manual programs, the wide and low profile of the jug making it very easy to clean and I was very surprised in how quiet it was. I also had to contact your Customer service during the purchase to arrange delivery and your representative could not have been more helpful and very pleasant to deal with.
Many thanks for the great product and service very much appreciated.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hobart

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Makes anything you want

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

A satisfying product that handles grinding grains to flour, as well as any food processing task. We use ours to make hommus, soy milk (it comes with a straining net), as well as the generic smoothie.

The only downside is that there is not function to remove the blades like there can be on low end blenders. This makes it difficult to get the last bits of whatever is being made out of the bottom.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Orange

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Optimum 9400 blender - 2 years on

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

It is a powerful blender capable of making smoothies using frozen banana, ice, etc with a thick texture. I had an issue with the blade assembly leaking grease and liquid after 2 years of daily use, and after providing evidence, I can report that Froothie replaced this for me without any hassle as was within the 5 year warranty period. Most other blenders at this price point would have long given up (as my smoothies are very thick), and so I remain very satisfied with my Optimum 9400 despite having to do the blade change. The repair process took less than 5 minutes, and just about anybody could do it (found a video tutorial on the web ). Great product, tough as guts, and easy to service if needed. Highly recommended.

Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Wanted to buy the model that my workplace owns (1st gen), but Optimum doesn't have it anymore so I bought 2nd gen and was on discounted price! Completely satisfied with the product. Blends everything so smoothly in seconds!

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Amazing high speed blender! Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I’m super impressed with this blender! I have had other top of the range high speed blenders that cost double the price, yet this is VERY comparable to the other. I love that it has 6 blades, not just four. It blends so well and smoothly! And it’s not as loud as some others also! I LOVE the self clean option! It makes cleaning SO much easier, not having to try to get in under all the blades - so long as you rinse it right after using it! There are preset selections and then a variable speed dial. I need to have a good quality heavy duty machine, because we use our blender multiple times per day (at least 2-3) for all different things - smoothies, smoothie bowls, nice cream, sauces, dips, nut milk and the rest. We need a blender that can withstand this sort of stuff, and I’m very happy that this optimum does just that! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a high quality high speed blender, and looking to enjoy an absolute bargain at the same time!!!

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Use it every day!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

This blender is worth the extra $$. It is powerful and easy to use. I have purchased it a few years ago and use it every day, in the morning for smoothies and most evenings for things like soup, dips or cauliflower rice. It's still working really well!

Purchased at: Online Computer

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I purchased this machine a few years ago, and it hasn't skipped a beat! I use it several times daily and it's been a game changer for me when it comes to the food we eat now. I had a small issue with the blade assembly malfunctioning, but after speaking with customer service, this was easily resolved and I was sent a replacement part that was easy to install myself. Would definitely recommend!

• 5 answers
  • 34 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Not good value for money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

I bought this a little more than a year ago for almost $500. I thought that for the warranty of 5 years, it should be good. the machine is too loud yet it cant grind nuts as easily as shown in ad. Once this breaks i wont buy another one. An expensive gadget but not as powerful as advertised

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Cez, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you are disappointed with your Optimum 9400 High-Speed Vortex Blender and that unfortunately this appliance did not m... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Cez, I wanted to personally follow up with you regarding the issue you have reported with the Optimum 9400 blender and its ability to grind nuts and its noise level. As previously mentioned... read more »

COOMERA, QLD

• 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Amazing Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

Chops up everything to a smooth drinkable consistency! So powerful, heats up very quickly to make soup. Love this machine, the reviews speak for themselves. It is really good quality machine.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 22 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: May 2014

Has been great until the bearings started rusting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Looks like I'm not alone in this department and it is an inherent problem with the design of the jug and the bearing assembly since others are reporting same issues with rust.
I've been very happy with the blender until I started seeing fine rust powder form everytime I use the blender.
It turns out the bearing at the bottom of the jug is rusted and now I'm being told that warranty on the bearing is only 12 months. This is an obvious design flaw. Kitchen appliance is bound to come in contact with water at some point and I find it very odd that the bearing rusts so easily especially since I mostly clean my jug by running the blender with warm water and detergent.
I don't know why on my invoice, they call their warranty "5 year full warranty" when there are exclusions.
This is misleading to say the least.
I've been offered the replacement bearing for 39.95, but if there's an inherent flaw with the design, it is bound to rust again.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello djc926, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. The warranty for the bearings is currently 5 years which also includes all parts of the blender. While some companies ... read more »

As an update to this issue, I've been personally contacted by Francois and all issues sorted out to my satisfaction. Francois has called me numerous times to make sure I was looked after and I was ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Faulty product 9400 blender

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I purchased the 9400 blender and within a year I've had two fractured jugs (2 litre). While mechanically it is powerful unfortunately I can't say the same for the jugs.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Isabel, I am very sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with your Optimum 9400 jugs, an unusual fault which we take very seriously under our warranty and high quality control stand... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Can't live without it !!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I purchase my Optimum 9400 just over a year ago .... it is fantastic. I use it every morning to make my green smoothie and it does a wonderful job of blending everything so well. I also purchased the single serve jug in September last year which I find is terrific for making healthy little chocolate snacks .... I can blend a small amount with ease.

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Oct 2014

What A Beast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

I purchased my Optimum 9400 late 2014. It has been nothing short of amazing. I use it 6 out of 7 days every week. No matter what food I throw in it, the Optimum 9400 brings it to the exact consistency I need it to be. With the speed control knob, I can leave things as course / chunky or fine / smooth as I please. I have nothing but praise for this blender. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Brisbane

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Aug 2016

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I bought the Optimum 9400 blender because I couldn't trust the Vitamix due to the black speck teflon particles it releases. I use my Optimum blender every single day, sometimes 4-5 times a day, since we are on a raw fruitarian diet. So I make lots of sauces, dips, creams, smoothies, ice creams and even juices (by straining the fiber out). The only drawback I've found that sometimes the blender struggles a bit with thicker sauces and frequently shuts off (the safety switch gets activated) when making ice cream, but otherwise it makes excellent ice cream.

brisbane

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Froothie Optimum 9400 Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

My Optimum 9400 Blender has become the most used appliance in my kitchen. It has replaced my Ice Cream Maker and my Food Processor.
It liquidizes smoothies, makes amazing nut meals, ice cream, sauces, batter -
It is robust and super powerful, VERY easy to clean and looks great.
Initially I was going to get on the Nutri Bullet train but came across the Froothie site and I was sold.
I have since purchased other Optimum products and they are all as good as each other.
I will always check to see if there is an Optimum version of any appliance I want too buy in the future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jul 2014

I just LOVE this blender

Blenders, I've had a few
but the 9400 is really worth a mention.
It does what I need it to do
and even more without exception
I 've had it since 2014
and it's gone beyond the call of duty
I love it and would buy another
this one's a BEAUTY!
PS:
when I saw it in action I knew I would love it
so I bought two - one for my daughter.

1 of 36 pages

Hello. The blender is leaking from the bottom. It seems the small black plastic gasket is not lining up with the ball bearings. ..?? the outside black plastic piece. ....

Sally Waddington asked on Nov 04, 2018

Answer this

For my case, the metal pieces in the jug are covered with brownish thick liquid material after I used the blender. As for my blender, it stops working after it started for 10 sec. Another think I forget to mentioned is that the screw is not stainless steel and one of them is rusting. I just wonder why Optimum is not using stainless steel screw.

Hello Sally and Yee Tan, thank you both for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you mentioned. Please contact our technical team directly using this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will personally assist you to resolve the issue promptly. We hope this helps :)

I am trying to make almond butter with the optimum 9400, I followed the you tube recipe but it just made almond meal and sat at the bottom of the blender. Do you need a specific blade or the 1L jug to make it?

Magenta asked on Oct 24, 2018

Answer this

Hello, thank you for your message. You should be able to do the nut butter easily in the 2L jug and by using the tamper as demonstrated in our YouTube videos. Please contact our technical team using this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to further assist you. We hope this helps :)

My Optimum 9400 just stopped blending. It won't start. I tried the reset button but it won't do anything. I left it for a while to cool, tried again yet nothing. What can I do to fix this? Is it broken?

wiggle asked on Oct 03, 2018

Answer this

Hello Wiggle, thank you for your message. Please contact our technical team using this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to personally assist you. Hope it helps :)

See all 106 questions about Optimum 9400

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details