Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Hobart

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Makes anything you want

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

A satisfying product that handles grinding grains to flour, as well as any food processing task. We use ours to make hommus, soy milk (it comes with a straining net), as well as the generic smoothie.

The only downside is that there is not function to remove the blades like there can be on low end blenders. This makes it difficult to get the last bits of whatever is being made out of the bottom.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Optimum 9400 blender - 2 years on

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

It is a powerful blender capable of making smoothies using frozen banana, ice, etc with a thick texture. I had an issue with the blade assembly leaking grease and liquid after 2 years of daily use, and after providing evidence, I can report that Froothie replaced this for me without any hassle as was within the 5 year warranty period. Most other blenders at this price point would have long given up (as my smoothies are very thick), and so I remain very satisfied with my Optimum 9400 despite having to do the blade change. The repair process took less than 5 minutes, and just about anybody could do it (found a video tutorial on the web ). Great product, tough as guts, and easy to service if needed. Highly recommended.

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Wanted to buy the model that my workplace owns (1st gen), but Optimum doesn't have it anymore so I bought 2nd gen and was on discounted price! Completely satisfied with the product. Blends everything so smoothly in seconds!

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Amazing high speed blender! Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I’m super impressed with this blender! I have had other top of the range high speed blenders that cost double the price, yet this is VERY comparable to the other. I love that it has 6 blades, not just four. It blends so well and smoothly! And it’s not as loud as some others also! I LOVE the self clean option! It makes cleaning SO much easier, not having to try to get in under all the blades - so long as you rinse it right after using it! There are preset selections and then a variable speed dial. I need to have a good quality heavy duty machine, because we use our blender multiple times per day (at least 2-3) for all different things - smoothies, smoothie bowls, nice cream, sauces, dips, nut milk and the rest. We need a blender that can withstand this sort of stuff, and I’m very happy that this optimum does just that! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a high quality high speed blender, and looking to enjoy an absolute bargain at the same time!!!

Sydney

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Use it every day!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

This blender is worth the extra $$. It is powerful and easy to use. I have purchased it a few years ago and use it every day, in the morning for smoothies and most evenings for things like soup, dips or cauliflower rice. It's still working really well!

Purchased at: Online Computer

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I purchased this machine a few years ago, and it hasn't skipped a beat! I use it several times daily and it's been a game changer for me when it comes to the food we eat now. I had a small issue with the blade assembly malfunctioning, but after speaking with customer service, this was easily resolved and I was sent a replacement part that was easy to install myself. Would definitely recommend!

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 32 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Not good value for money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

I bought this a little more than a year ago for almost $500. I thought that for the warranty of 5 years, it should be good. the machine is too loud yet it cant grind nuts as easily as shown in ad. Once this breaks i wont buy another one. An expensive gadget but not as powerful as advertised

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Cez, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you are disappointed with your Optimum 9400 High-Speed Vortex Blender and that unfortunately this appliance did not m... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Cez, I wanted to personally follow up with you regarding the issue you have reported with the Optimum 9400 blender and its ability to grind nuts and its noise level. As previously mentioned... read more »

COOMERA, QLD

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Amazing Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

Chops up everything to a smooth drinkable consistency! So powerful, heats up very quickly to make soup. Love this machine, the reviews speak for themselves. It is really good quality machine.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 18 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: May 2014

Has been great until the bearings started rusting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Looks like I'm not alone in this department and it is an inherent problem with the design of the jug and the bearing assembly since others are reporting same issues with rust.
I've been very happy with the blender until I started seeing fine rust powder form everytime I use the blender.
It turns out the bearing at the bottom of the jug is rusted and now I'm being told that warranty on the bearing is only 12 months. This is an obvious design flaw. Kitchen appliance is bound to come in contact with water at some point and I find it very odd that the bearing rusts so easily especially since I mostly clean my jug by running the blender with warm water and detergent.
I don't know why on my invoice, they call their warranty "5 year full warranty" when there are exclusions.
This is misleading to say the least.
I've been offered the replacement bearing for 39.95, but if there's an inherent flaw with the design, it is bound to rust again.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello djc926, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. The warranty for the bearings is currently 5 years which also includes all parts of the blender. While some companies ... read more »

As an update to this issue, I've been personally contacted by Francois and all issues sorted out to my satisfaction. Francois has called me numerous times to make sure I was looked after and I was ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Faulty product 9400 blender

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I purchased the 9400 blender and within a year I've had two fractured jugs (2 litre). While mechanically it is powerful unfortunately I can't say the same for the jugs.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Isabel, I am very sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with your Optimum 9400 jugs, an unusual fault which we take very seriously under our warranty and high quality control stand... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Can't live without it !!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I purchase my Optimum 9400 just over a year ago .... it is fantastic. I use it every morning to make my green smoothie and it does a wonderful job of blending everything so well. I also purchased the single serve jug in September last year which I find is terrific for making healthy little chocolate snacks .... I can blend a small amount with ease.

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Oct 2014

What A Beast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

I purchased my Optimum 9400 late 2014. It has been nothing short of amazing. I use it 6 out of 7 days every week. No matter what food I throw in it, the Optimum 9400 brings it to the exact consistency I need it to be. With the speed control knob, I can leave things as course / chunky or fine / smooth as I please. I have nothing but praise for this blender. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Brisbane

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Aug 2016

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I bought the Optimum 9400 blender because I couldn't trust the Vitamix due to the black speck teflon particles it releases. I use my Optimum blender every single day, sometimes 4-5 times a day, since we are on a raw fruitarian diet. So I make lots of sauces, dips, creams, smoothies, ice creams and even juices (by straining the fiber out). The only drawback I've found that sometimes the blender struggles a bit with thicker sauces and frequently shuts off (the safety switch gets activated) when making ice cream, but otherwise it makes excellent ice cream.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

brisbane

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Froothie Optimum 9400 Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

My Optimum 9400 Blender has become the most used appliance in my kitchen. It has replaced my Ice Cream Maker and my Food Processor.
It liquidizes smoothies, makes amazing nut meals, ice cream, sauces, batter -
It is robust and super powerful, VERY easy to clean and looks great.
Initially I was going to get on the Nutri Bullet train but came across the Froothie site and I was sold.
I have since purchased other Optimum products and they are all as good as each other.
I will always check to see if there is an Optimum version of any appliance I want too buy in the future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Jul 2014

I just LOVE this blender

Blenders, I've had a few
but the 9400 is really worth a mention.
It does what I need it to do
and even more without exception
I 've had it since 2014
and it's gone beyond the call of duty
I love it and would buy another
this one's a BEAUTY!
PS:
when I saw it in action I knew I would love it
so I bought two - one for my daughter.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: May 2015

Great all-round blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I've been using the Optimum 9400 for almost two years now and throughout that time its been fantastic, blending things quickly and smoothly with almost daily use. The tamper tool is also great for making dips and banana ice-cream. Recently I began having trouble with the base of the unit, and thus far Froothie have been great in replying to my enquiry quickly and ensuring the problem is solved.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Froothie Optimum 9400 Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

I've had my Froothie Optimum 9400 now for over 2 years and I'm just as happy with it as when it first arrived. It is used on a daily basis to make my morning smoothies and hasn't missed a beat. The engaging drive mechanism is positive and strong unlike some of the "pod" type blenders that friends have had. The motor is powerful and easily cuts through and blends hard fruits and pulverises ice with no problem. I would highly recommend this Froothie unit to anybody looking for a really great blender that is robust and powerful.

Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Use this once or twice every day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Often use vegetables like kale and silverbeet which I found harder to juice and it is always perfect. Then use it for banana oat pancakes done in seconds. Cauliflower rice again no problems. Easy to clean makes some noise but is quick. Ever since I bought it can't get enough.

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Just Brilliant!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

I look at my 9400 as a beautiful piece of German precision engineering , I know it's not made in Germany. Has not missed a beat in the two years I have had the machine. Initially I bought the machine to make healthy smoothies, that soon gave way to not so healthy, milk , but beautiful

Mudgee

Verified Purchase Model: 1st Generation Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Use it just about every day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I am very happy with my purchase almost a year ago now. Have had no problems. I would one day like to buy the smaller jug that goes with it, as often I'm only making small quantities.
I made this purchase using the PayPal laybuy option which was fantastic to work with my budget. Highly recommend.

1 of 36 pages

Hello ... my 9400 broke down quite a while ago ... had it less than a year when it broke down and used once a day 5 days a week ... pretty disappointed. .. hadnt had time to work out what to do with it ... i live in the hinterlands of the sunshine coast ... where would i take it for repairs please ... the closest to Maleny as possible but a good repair company only

Glynis asked on Apr 30, 2018

Answer this

When the blade assembley in mine broke, I contacted them via their website and filed a warranty claim, after sending them photos and a video, they sent me a replacement part that I could fix myself. If yours is still under warranty, contact them. The warranty was 5yrs if I remember correctly

You will need to contact them directly on their website. I haven’t had the chance to claim. 5 years is the warranty. Good luck

Hello Glynis, thank you for your message. Please contact our technical team using this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to assist you directly. You can also contact us at support@froothie.com.au. We hope this helps :)

Hi there, I have an Optimum 9400 and I have been having issues with blending dates for my bliss balls. I put in coconut oil, use the tamper but it still tends to get a bit stuck and cuts the machine out several times, so I turn it off, wait, click the button underneath and have another go.. The only ingredients at that time are dates and coconut oil. Is there something else I can do to stop it from cutting out so much?

Suzcruize asked on Apr 16, 2018

Answer this

Hello, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you have reported with your Optimum 9400. It should easily be able to blend dates thanks to its powerful motor and should not be cutting out when you are trying to make this recipe. You could look first at reducing the quantity of dates used but if that does not help, please contact our technical team directly using this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php so that they can personally assist you. You can also contact us at support@froothie.com.au. We hope this helps :)

Thanks, I'll try smaller quantities and take it from there

1st Generation

Hi, Is the 9400 strong to handle nuts on a daily basis?

CJ C asked on Apr 06, 2018

Answer this

Sorry, unfortunately not on my one

I use it probably 2 times a week with nuts and haven’t had any issues.

Hello CJ C, thank you for your message. The Optimum 9400 is designed to blend thick contents and can easily make nut butters. You can see the blender in action on this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eio8gQWZS4Y. We hope this helps but please feel free to contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you have any questions :)

See all 100 questions about Optimum 9400

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details