Hobart, Tasmania

• 3 helpful votes

Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Defective product x2!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Our ordered our first G2.1 on 15th Jan. We then returned on 25th Jan it for a replacement after noticing the bolt holding the blades on were loose. I have since read numerous reviews of the same thing happening to other people and Froothie admitted that this is a known issue (seems crazy that if you now about it your still sending out defective products to customers!). We received our replacement blender around the 31st Jan and a week ago (only used it for 2 weeks for smoothies) we noticed that the blender sounded different and that it was no longer mixing as well. We then came to discover that the blades were broken and free spinning. I have since contacted the support team, sent photos and videos as they requested but have now been waiting 3 days without hearing back from them. Im seriously unimpressed that we have been without a blender for a week, that a blender of this price could actually have so many problems and not even last a few weeks, shocked that they could insinuate in their email that we may have done something to cause the problem by not layering the contents correctly and even more unimpressed with their customer service. I haven't even received an apology for this defective product or all of this stuffing around and waiting. As you can read on here this seems to be a know issue and yet I'm getting no contact back from them to rectify the issue.
I was recommended this brand by a friend but I will definitely not be recommending it onto anyone else! Seriously dissapointed Froothie!

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Milly06, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager at Froothie. I am so sorry to hear of the various issues you have reported with the blender and the service you have received from... read more »

Canberra

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Purchase Model: 2nd Generation Date Purchased: May 2017

Unfortunately, failure after failure

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

This is a fantastic blender when it works. Gives great results, and with the desired consistency. It does not blend small quantities effectively, which can be frustrating.

Noise level is loud but reasonable for such a powerful blender. Blender is bulky but easy enough to pack away. It is quite handy having the preset functions, but we mostly resort to the manual settings.

Unfortunately we have had several major problems with our G2.1, and we are now onto our second g2.1 which has completely stopped working.

1. First g2.1 overheated for simple tasks and was creating black rubber flakes between the base and jug, but thankfully didn't get into the jug. I assume that the drive socket was not installed correctly and spinning against the rubber on the base unit.

2. There were always difficulties cleaning our jugs. We found that the recommended cleaning methods were not sufficient. Particularly for things with cacao or creamy mixtures, there would be food residues stuck between then blade assembly and the blender jug - there is a small gap between them which is impossible to clean. Froothie sent us the blade removal tool and we need to use this quite often to get a good clean of the blades and jug.

3. Not long after receiving our second g2.1, the blades broke off during operation and heavily damaged the jug and blade assembly. It made a terrible noise like it was going to explode and we were quick to shut it off.

4. Froothie replaced the jug for us and offered an additional jug at a reduced price, so we took up the kind offer.

5. A few months after receiving the new jugs, and considering that we only use our blender once or twice a week, the blender has now stopped working all together. We were in the middle of using it and the touch panel started flashing and changing on its own. It then shut down and the blue LED started flickering. We were only blending soaked nuts and the blender didn't over heat, the overheat sensor didn't activate.

We left the blender for 45 minutes as recommended in the manual (and a second time over night), and after plugging back in it turned on as expected but when pressing start it did a pulse instead, turned itself off and the blue LED started flickering again. Now this is all we get from the blender.

This has all happened in less than one year of purchase, and we also received our first g2.1 about 1 month late.

Unfortunately we can't say that it's reliable at all, and now we're without a blender and need one to prepare for an upcoming function.

Purchased at: Prestige Home Appliances

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Rabz, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you recently had with Froothie and the difficulties you have encountere... read more »

I'd like to thank Francois for personally contacting me to resolve the issue and Froothie for getting us a new blender just in time for our function! We have received great customer service from Froothie.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Not the best initial experience, but Froothie are in the works of redeeming themselves :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

After talking with Froothie, they believe the blender is faulty (as do I). It has had issues in: the lower blades coming loose and eventually flying apart completely; food getting stuck and the motor struggling and stopping when making higher density things like sorbet, thick soups, and nut butters; and the motor was sounded very concerning making scary loud noises, smoking a bit and left a smell like burning metal). So not exactly the best initial experience.

Applying for repairs under the warranty wasn't a great experience, but after posting my initial review of the product they contacted me and were sincerely apologetic about my experience and service provided.

***Froothie have offered to replace my blender with the upcoming model (even self delivering it for me) which should hopefully turn out to be a better experience (will update later). I think all in all they may have a great product, but unfortunately I've been struggling with a dud...

The manager I spoke with was very nice and is working very hard to amend my troubles.

***EDIT: I have now received the new G2.6, which I have written a brief (brief as I've only used it a few times) review for. It certainly seems more powerful and durable, and am looking forward to a better experience with this blender :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Powerful Blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I did thorough research into top blenders for a while, but the Optimum G2.1 really caught my eye. Bought mine with Lifetime Warranty. Very powerful blender! Use it everyday. Noise level isn't to bad. Beautiful, sleek modern design with programmed touch screen. Makes great soups, nut butters, nut milks, flours, smoothies etc all with a smooth consistency Someone in the household had filled the jug with water after making a smoothie and left a spoon inside. Decided to put the jug back on the unit with a little dishwashing detergent. Turned it on and was horrified with the noise thinking I just destroyed a new blender, but to my surprise no damage was done to blender or blades, only the spoon! Definitely recommend!

• 1 answer
  • 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Expected more based on reviews, very noisy and need to chill smoothie again before drinking

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

I researched blenders for many months and decided on the Optimum 2.1 as I wanted the best possible blender for my smoothies. Alas although it arrived within days we have been disappointed. The blender is very loud, so much so I won't use it at night as I am worried it will disrupt the neighbours in the next townhouse and certainly can't use it while my partner is watching tv.

it generally blends well, but I find I can't get all my smoothie mix out where I could with my previous blender. I also find that be the time the smoothie is smooth even (I usually include kale and spinach in my smoothies) it is too warm to drink. Again I didn't have that issue with my previous blender even though it took 2-3 times longer to get a similar result. Also found when grinding nuts the result was not as fine/consistent as I expected based on reviews and price of the blender.

I bought this as an early birthday gift for myself and made the mistake of not using it immediately, otherwise I probably would have returned it in the 30 day period. I still use it because I paid so much for it but I certainly don't love it like I expected to. Suggest seeing the blender in action before being and deciding for yourself if you are happy with the noise and temperature of the contents when you have finished blending.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This is amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I have done a research to compare every sigle little detail about a blender. Luckily, I have an access to travel the world so I took a chance to see and try all the product samples in each country and I did try them all, in UK, US and EU except AU. There are so many options of great and renowned brands that I could invest my money on but the only brand that I never heard of and tried on is the Optimum Vortex Blender. Since it is the only brand that I'd never seen in the department store or tried by myself but its guarantee for the money back of a month trial completely drew my attention then why not give it a try! I got the G2.1 blender, opened the box and tried it for the first time and I fell in love with it. It's luxurious, elegant, powerful and worth every cent. It is a must-have item in your kitchen no matter how much you love cooking or hate it. If you're thinking about an excellent blander, give it a try, order it and see if you still want your money back or tell all your friends to go for it like I do.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

I'm in smoothy heaven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Love the Optimum G2.1. I've used other Optimum blenders before and loved them but this model takes the cake! Much quieter than the previous models.

Easy smoothies, great hommus, blended soups, it's all easy with this blender.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love my Optimum G2.3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Finally bought an Optimum blender after much research and was offered an upgrade to a G2.3, which I accepted. I love it! I use it at least once every day for smoothies, dips, vegan creams/desserts and more. It is quieter than I expected, in fact quieter than my previous product. It is easy to clean, looks smart and does a beautiful job blending. I don't know what I did before without it - I look forward every day to my next blender experience.

Awesome blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Love the Optimum G2.1. It's used literally everyday to make the smoothest smoothies. Love the digital menu that is really helpful in grinding and blending different stuff - from making smoothies to grinding out prawn shells for Prawns Noodles Soup ;-). Beautiful results.
It is strong and tough and cleaning is so, so easy. And it look gorgeous!!

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Love how it grinds coffee beans and makes a great soup. I use it once or twice a day and now that I have it I couldn't be without it. Super powerful and easy to clean.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great for those on a budget!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have had the Optimum G2.1 Blender for a a few months now, and it is great. I first heard about it through a blogger who recommend it for those on a budget. Having used a Vitamix in the past, there really is no difference in quality of the food you can make. It makes the smoothest smoothies! Not to much noise as well, which is a plus. I would really recommend it to others.

Ferntree Gully

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Sturdy high Quality strong Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Absolutely love this blender, it is so powerful and it is made with good quality materials which means it's going to last! I can blend up almost anything and making smoothies is quick and easy on a daily basis. It's also great for nut butters and making soups from scratch, I don't own a food processor so this blender is my best friend.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Best blender ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

We ordered our Optimum G2.1 and received it last week - it is seriously amazing, makes the best smoothies in seconds and so easy to clean. It looks great on our bench top too! Best purchase ever, we will be recommending to all our friends

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

My Froothie OPTIMUM G2 is my best friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I was recommended an Optimum blender by a froothie friend who had already purchased an Optimum G2.1. 'The blending capabilities are fantastic giving great results every time, no matter what the contents is', I was told. YES it is fantastic every time. All smoothies and juices blend beautifully. Coffee beans are ground perfectly and the machine does all the guess work for you. Ice and frozen fruits etc blend amazingly well, evenly dispersing protein powder and other supplements. Delicious fruit smoothies daily is my routine, due to my Optimum Blender. When I ordered my machine there was a shortage and I was upgraded to the larger model G2.3 with no extra charge. THANK YOU so much as this machine is brilliant and I would recommend this brand to all. Quiet, quick, easy to clean and a pleasure to use daily. It has made my diet more healthy, and now I crave froothie time everyday. THE BEST ON THE MARKET.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Don't know why I didn't get one sooner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I was upgraded to the G2.3 blender, and are very happy with the blender, it does everything I've wanted it to do, from soups to smoothies to nut milks. It is easy to use and 1 press button for the many functions, no dials to clean around. Clean up is a breeze. The smaller jug comes in very handy, as does the side-scraping lid that comes with this smaller jug. The machine is quiet, and conversations continue when the blender is in use. Unfortunately, I needed to make a warrantee claim as the machine malfunctioned - it stopped working under load after 2 months. Warrantee claim was simple and assistance readily available. The company stands by its products. the only down side was having to pay for postage one way, given the machine was under still under warrantee.

Date Purchased: May 2017

never received G2.1 due stock shortage upgraded to G2.3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

very happy with G2.3 very quite great blender, happy wife happy life

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Blade broke after less than 6 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

I ordered my blender in December 2016 and used it to juice. Last week, I heard a loud banging sound while blending and when I poured out the juice, I saw that one of the bottom blades had broken and then it dented the other blades. Anyway, I sent an e-mail to Froothie and then sent me to tech. support. Tech support said that they will send me a new blade but the shipping is $19. Really? They're going to charge me $19 for a blade that broke? It comes with a 1 year warranty but I still have to pay for shipping. Anyway, I read the other reviewer in Israel who had a few blades break and they bought theirs in November 2016 so obviously, it's faulty. I would not recommend as I've never had a blade break on my Vitamix or Blendtec and even some of our cheaper Kitchenaid blenders. Buy Vitamix from Cotsco b/c if anything breaks, you can just return it and they always take it back.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hi Susan! My name is Francois, General Manager at Froothie Austalia I see Roy from our US Warranty team has already resolved the issue, and apologies for the initial error from our team :-) I am ... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Optimum G2.3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Excellence machine, I used it to blend food for my son, he suffered from a severe brain haemorrhage 8 and a half years ago, and still on peg feed. We have now steered away from hospital liquid feed, for we have learned they were high in sugar and contains many chemicals that are harmful to human consumption, especially to the vulnerable and weak body when they need the most nutritious food.
I now prepared two types of meals for my son every fortnight, one is the organic vegetables type and the other is organic rice and legumes.
The G2.3 blender has help to cut down my time to more than half. It is so powerful and I only used the minimum setting, it was more than sufficient. I'm very happy with the result.
Also thank you for upgrading my original purchased of Optimum G2.1 to G2.3 with lifetime guarantee with no extra charge. This give me a peace of mind that I'll have my needed help and support.
Thank you once again.

Sydney, Australia

Powerful blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Super powerful blender. Very happy with what it can do. Haven't tried soups but have done smoothies and nut butters. The nut butters come up super smooth but I did have to add a bit of coconut oil (cashew butter) and you need to keep tamping / scraping to get the stuff at the bottom to move, otherwise the bottom starts to cook while the top hasn't fully blended yet. I wish it came with a custom scraper to get food out of the bottom, it is tricky with a normal spatula. Also I tried mayonnaise in it a few times but it was just TOO powerful and after a while of pouring in the oil it curdled/separated every time and also seemed to heat it up. But otherwise it's an amazing blender! :D

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Love love LOVE this blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

We mostly use our blender for smoothies and just can't love it enough! Very happy with how fine it blends berries and look forward to trying out how it goes making almond milk.
Very reliable machine.
My favourite part is that it cleans itself too. Very easy, which we need in our lives.
It is a little loud but it is powerful so it makes up for it.

1 of 2 pages

2nd Generation

How do i use the G2.1 to crush ice? I have not been able to crush ice cubes effectively using the crush setting.

BenB asked on Feb 11, 2018

Answer this

Hello Ben, thank you for your message. The best way to crush ice is to add the ice cubes first into the jug, then some water. Please select the required setting and make sure to use the tamper to assist with the blending. You can view this video where the 9200A is used to crush ice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtzOyA2rnWM&t=116s. Please contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you need further assistance :)

I am looking for a do everything blender and someone recommended the optimum 9400, I am looking at the website and see the vortex 9400 and the commercial 9400 - are they the same one is much cheaper than the other at the moment in NZ, plus then noticed the G2.3 platinum which is also on special, can someone explain the differences? Make soups, smoothies of all sorts, acai bowls, use frozen stuff and hot stuff etc, cheers Barbara

Babramum asked on Nov 07, 2017

I have found the presentation of the Optimum blenders pricing and models quite confusing. It appeared that the G2.1 was the latest model and being offered at an amazing discount because it is 'pre order' I assumed this was to create sales and therefore customer reviews would be generated for the new model. However, as I was about to purchase the G2.1 I came across the G2.3 the actual latest model and found the reviews on this site. I am now moving from excited to purchase what seemed to be a fantastic product from a genuine up front and honest company, to wondering if its all a bit of smoke and mirrors for sales? I would really appreciate some feedback from reviewers about whether they paid RRP, how they chose the model the purchased and whether they feel it was the best suited to their needs, or if upgrading would be a preference were it an option? I am also very curious as to when both the G2.1 and G2.3 were actually released to the market. Many thanks ;)

Kathc2 asked on May 27, 2017

Answer this

We ordered a 9400 but were then offered what appeard to be a fantastic deal of just $99 to upgrade to the G2.3. We did up grade and when the unit arrived it looked amazing, and super quite, BUT we found it lacked power and this appeared to be consistant through out reviews. I must say the company were great as far as customer service was concerned and covered all costs of swapping it for the G2.1. Though noisy I much prefer to have a unit that has some grunt behind it. Since purchase about 6 months ago it has not missed a beat. Does all we want and more. The company seem to have consistant sales of its product so I would be watching there company web site for the best deal.

See all 10 questions about Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details