Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

I wish I'd bought a Vitamix

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I was torn between buying this blender and a Vitamix and fell for the marketing that the Optimum was as good for less money. I was happy for the first year then noticed that the paint from the top of the base started to peel ...annoying given the price of the blender but as it didn't affect the performance I ignored this. Then, after just 13 months of use, the bottom blades just sheared right off as I was blending a soft dip which really shouldn't happen if this is supposed to be a quality product.

Customer service does not make it easy to contact them, you have to use an online ticket system then jump through hoops sending more photo evidence, answering questions that you have already answered then waiting a week for more questions. After the inconvenience of not having a blender for almost three weeks since my first contact the company somewhat implied the problems were probably my fault but they would do me a great favour to replace the blade for a handling fee. Having to pay a handling fee before they send a part may be written in their warranty but is poor customer service especially given my long wait without a blender and the fact the blade should never have broken in such a manner in the first place. I also mentioned the peeling paint and after much sending of photos they claimed my use of a mild cleaning spray must have caused this. They offered me a refurbished base for a significant sum should I wish to change it (I declined). I wrote an email expressing my dissatisfaction with their service and did get a phone call to say such problems are very rare but nothing else.

By the time I paid for the handling and the part arrived, I was almost a month without a blender. I now have a working blender again but very much regret my choosing Optimum and not spending a bit more to get a Vitamix. I have several friends who have had them for many years and never had trouble plus on occasion when someone had a problem their customer support sent a complimentary replacement part quickly and quibble free. I suppose you get what you pay for. The Optimum is a good blender, just cross your fingers and hope it doesn't go wrong!

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 3 questions
  • 3 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Ferfect-o !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I can trust this blender to blitz almost anything I want. It’s produces really fine smoothies with no gritty bits. Love it! Sometimes I’ll need to use the tamper cause of too much frozen fruit but she does it beautifully. Coffee beans sometimes are too fine but that’s my fault. My only hiccup is it’s just a bit too tall.
I really love it and tell everyone about it.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Good blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Blends well. Haven't tried every function but seems powerful enough to do any reasonable job. Blends frozen fruits easily. Find the presets ok but often add some manual time. Works as advertised.

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Alright Blender

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

The blender is good, blends well but only small items. Trying to blend large items results in broken blades. The Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series is built well and is durable. It is big so storage is an issue. For the price and the blending ability it is average.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hi Muhammad, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your Optimum G2.1 blender. I am however very sorry to hear about ... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Broken blade making tomato soup!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

After approximately 20 uses making fruit smoothies, the blade broke whilst making tomato soup. I’ve been dealing with their service people for a month, ended up having to pay 90 euros for a replacement part, and second jug because we feel it will probably break again. Paid 9 days ago and haven’t heard from them as to whether we are being shipped the part and jug. Stay away!!!

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello JP1, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager at Froothie. I am so sorry to hear of the issues you have reported with your Optimum G2.1 blender and the subsequent delay in receiving... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Blades broken after 3 months!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Received this blender on the first December 2017 and have been using it until the the end of February 2018. Was so happy with it and telling everyone how great were my smoothies and how easy to use!
Then the disaster :
One night (25th February) was using the soup mode for the third time with a bag of tesco's chopped vegetables. After roughly 5 minutes of usage heard a strong snap and sharp noises coming from the blender. Immediately rushed to stop it and turned off from the plug as well.

Started the investigation... Whilst pouring the contents into a pan I heard a tinckle. Incredulous and in shock placed my hand in the pan scanning for the culprit and found the two pieces of the bottom blades! My jug suffered severe injuries to the plastic with bits of plastic chipped off and sticking out and deep dents.

Contacted the support service that night and their first feedback was an attempt to blame me for bad usage, insinuating that it was probably my fault for blending a hard item. They even used the pictures I sent of the damaged jug and blades to prove their point. I explained that the damage they could see was caused by the blades spinning inside the jug after snapping. I tried to request a refund and they replied that they were going to send me a new jug with blades.
I thought I could give another chance to this blender as I enjoyed it so much and believed at the time that could have been just bad luck with faulty blades.
I received the blades on the 11th of March. No jug. I repeat, NO JUG... I am expected to assemble myself the blades, but I am certainly not happy with this. Not only this would affect the warranty if something similar happens again (I may be blamed for bad assembling ) as well as I can't use a damaged jug where food will be stuck inside the dents causing bacteria proliferation and with bits of plastic coming off to my food.

In the mean time came to this site and was shocked to see so many posts with complaints similar to mine making me think the obvious, that the Optimum G2.1 blender has serious manufacturing issues!

I should not have to go through all this delay, stress and trouble when the problem resides in the failure of delivering a reliable product.

I emailed support services on the 9th of March asking for a full refund and had no response yet.
It's now the 14th of March and I have no solution to this.
I am so disappointed with the support service and with the product itself. I really did believe I was buying a great product and that the money I payed for it was worth it! Saddly, I was wrong!

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Catarina, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am so sorry to hear of the issue you have reported with your Optimum G2.1 blender and for the inconvenience this has cau... read more »

Tasmania

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Strong start, minor gripe and headache

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

I ordered the G2.6 and received the G2.1A (presumably the G2.6 is the G2.1 2nd Gen). I have spent my first day trying it out with some of the harder tasks that I have been putting off. I made almond butter (more like a paste) (not activated like the recipe suggests). It took about 4-5 tries with the grind (5+ minutes) setting before I was happy with the consistency. I made almond milk, black bean fudge brownies mixture, tomato soup, a mango smoothie and finally pumpkin soup.
Aside from the almond paste, the G2.1A did everything easily and quickly, the smoothie was nice and cold (did not get heated up) and the soup was ready to serve hot.

My gripe is that the blender jug was stain orange after making the pumpkin soup (butter nut pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot). I refuse to use anything abrasive, and the soft sponge and warm soapy water is not budging the stain. I feel that this would not have happened with a glass jug, and am now wondering if I will be stuck with an orange jug or if it will slowly fade as it is used.

If you are after something quite, this blender is not for you. It is loud! I managed to find a few ear plugs for when it is operating on the high speed because it is very unpleasant being in the kitchen with it. If there is an upside to the noise, it is fast.

Like I mentioned at the start of this review, I have only just received it today. I am still looking forward to trying to make hummus (and dips and salsas in general), cashew butter, custard, puree vegetables and fruit.

If possible I will update this review with how it has performed in the coming weeks.

Update:
So since my original post I have found that if you add a dessert spoon of coconut oil, the nut butters will be silky smooth. Worked for both almond and cashew's. Also tried a mayonnaise which was unsuccessful, possible would have been ok for a larger quantity, so will continue to use the stick mixed for mayonnaise. Pancake mixture was also silky smooth, using oats.

Jug still persists with the orange tinge after the pumpkin soup, however I think it is starting to slowly fade.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Nathan, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager at Froothie Australia. Thank you very much for having chosen Froothie and the Optimum products on your way to wellness and for takin... read more »

Canberra

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Unfortunately, failure after failure

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

This is a fantastic blender when it works. Gives great results, and with the desired consistency. It does not blend small quantities effectively, which can be frustrating.

Noise level is loud but reasonable for such a powerful blender. Blender is bulky but easy enough to pack away. It is quite handy having the preset functions, but we mostly resort to the manual settings.

Unfortunately we have had several major problems with our G2.1, and we are now onto our second g2.1 which has completely stopped working.

1. First g2.1 overheated for simple tasks and was creating black rubber flakes between the base and jug, but thankfully didn't get into the jug. I assume that the drive socket was not installed correctly and spinning against the rubber on the base unit.

2. There were always difficulties cleaning our jugs. We found that the recommended cleaning methods were not sufficient. Particularly for things with cacao or creamy mixtures, there would be food residues stuck between then blade assembly and the blender jug - there is a small gap between them which is impossible to clean. Froothie sent us the blade removal tool and we need to use this quite often to get a good clean of the blades and jug.

3. Not long after receiving our second g2.1, the blades broke off during operation and heavily damaged the jug and blade assembly. It made a terrible noise like it was going to explode and we were quick to shut it off.

4. Froothie replaced the jug for us and offered an additional jug at a reduced price, so we took up the kind offer.

5. A few months after receiving the new jugs, and considering that we only use our blender once or twice a week, the blender has now stopped working all together. We were in the middle of using it and the touch panel started flashing and changing on its own. It then shut down and the blue LED started flickering. We were only blending soaked nuts and the blender didn't over heat, the overheat sensor didn't activate.

We left the blender for 45 minutes as recommended in the manual (and a second time over night), and after plugging back in it turned on as expected but when pressing start it did a pulse instead, turned itself off and the blue LED started flickering again. Now this is all we get from the blender.

This has all happened in less than one year of purchase, and we also received our first g2.1 about 1 month late.

Unfortunately we can't say that it's reliable at all, and now we're without a blender and need one to prepare for an upcoming function.

Purchased at: Prestige Home Appliances

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Rabz, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you recently had with Froothie and the difficulties you have encountere... read more »

I'd like to thank Francois for personally contacting me to resolve the issue and Froothie for getting us a new blender just in time for our function! We have received great customer service from Froothie.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Not the best initial experience, but Froothie are in the works of redeeming themselves :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

After talking with Froothie, they believe the blender is faulty (as do I). It has had issues in: the lower blades coming loose and eventually flying apart completely; food getting stuck and the motor struggling and stopping when making higher density things like sorbet, thick soups, and nut butters; and the motor was sounded very concerning making scary loud noises, smoking a bit and left a smell like burning metal). So not exactly the best initial experience.

Applying for repairs under the warranty wasn't a great experience, but after posting my initial review of the product they contacted me and were sincerely apologetic about my experience and service provided.

***Froothie have offered to replace my blender with the upcoming model (even self delivering it for me) which should hopefully turn out to be a better experience (will update later). I think all in all they may have a great product, but unfortunately I've been struggling with a dud...

The manager I spoke with was very nice and is working very hard to amend my troubles.

***EDIT: I have now received the new G2.6, which I have written a brief (brief as I've only used it a few times) review for. It certainly seems more powerful and durable, and am looking forward to a better experience with this blender :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Powerful Blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I did thorough research into top blenders for a while, but the Optimum G2.1 really caught my eye. Bought mine with Lifetime Warranty. Very powerful blender! Use it everyday. Noise level isn't to bad. Beautiful, sleek modern design with programmed touch screen. Makes great soups, nut butters, nut milks, flours, smoothies etc all with a smooth consistency Someone in the household had filled the jug with water after making a smoothie and left a spoon inside. Decided to put the jug back on the unit with a little dishwashing detergent. Turned it on and was horrified with the noise thinking I just destroyed a new blender, but to my surprise no damage was done to blender or blades, only the spoon! Definitely recommend!

• 1 answer
  • 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Expected more based on reviews, very noisy and need to chill smoothie again before drinking

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

I researched blenders for many months and decided on the Optimum 2.1 as I wanted the best possible blender for my smoothies. Alas although it arrived within days we have been disappointed. The blender is very loud, so much so I won't use it at night as I am worried it will disrupt the neighbours in the next townhouse and certainly can't use it while my partner is watching tv.

it generally blends well, but I find I can't get all my smoothie mix out where I could with my previous blender. I also find that be the time the smoothie is smooth even (I usually include kale and spinach in my smoothies) it is too warm to drink. Again I didn't have that issue with my previous blender even though it took 2-3 times longer to get a similar result. Also found when grinding nuts the result was not as fine/consistent as I expected based on reviews and price of the blender.

I bought this as an early birthday gift for myself and made the mistake of not using it immediately, otherwise I probably would have returned it in the 30 day period. I still use it because I paid so much for it but I certainly don't love it like I expected to. Suggest seeing the blender in action before being and deciding for yourself if you are happy with the noise and temperature of the contents when you have finished blending.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This is amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I have done a research to compare every sigle little detail about a blender. Luckily, I have an access to travel the world so I took a chance to see and try all the product samples in each country and I did try them all, in UK, US and EU except AU. There are so many options of great and renowned brands that I could invest my money on but the only brand that I never heard of and tried on is the Optimum Vortex Blender. Since it is the only brand that I'd never seen in the department store or tried by myself but its guarantee for the money back of a month trial completely drew my attention then why not give it a try! I got the G2.1 blender, opened the box and tried it for the first time and I fell in love with it. It's luxurious, elegant, powerful and worth every cent. It is a must-have item in your kitchen no matter how much you love cooking or hate it. If you're thinking about an excellent blander, give it a try, order it and see if you still want your money back or tell all your friends to go for it like I do.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

I'm in smoothy heaven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Love the Optimum G2.1. I've used other Optimum blenders before and loved them but this model takes the cake! Much quieter than the previous models.

Easy smoothies, great hommus, blended soups, it's all easy with this blender.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love my Optimum G2.3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Finally bought an Optimum blender after much research and was offered an upgrade to a G2.3, which I accepted. I love it! I use it at least once every day for smoothies, dips, vegan creams/desserts and more. It is quieter than I expected, in fact quieter than my previous product. It is easy to clean, looks smart and does a beautiful job blending. I don't know what I did before without it - I look forward every day to my next blender experience.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Awesome blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Love the Optimum G2.1. It's used literally everyday to make the smoothest smoothies. Love the digital menu that is really helpful in grinding and blending different stuff - from making smoothies to grinding out prawn shells for Prawns Noodles Soup ;-). Beautiful results.
It is strong and tough and cleaning is so, so easy. And it look gorgeous!!

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Love how it grinds coffee beans and makes a great soup. I use it once or twice a day and now that I have it I couldn't be without it. Super powerful and easy to clean.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great for those on a budget!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have had the Optimum G2.1 Blender for a a few months now, and it is great. I first heard about it through a blogger who recommend it for those on a budget. Having used a Vitamix in the past, there really is no difference in quality of the food you can make. It makes the smoothest smoothies! Not to much noise as well, which is a plus. I would really recommend it to others.

Ferntree Gully

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Sturdy high Quality strong Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Absolutely love this blender, it is so powerful and it is made with good quality materials which means it's going to last! I can blend up almost anything and making smoothies is quick and easy on a daily basis. It's also great for nut butters and making soups from scratch, I don't own a food processor so this blender is my best friend.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Best blender ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

We ordered our Optimum G2.1 and received it last week - it is seriously amazing, makes the best smoothies in seconds and so easy to clean. It looks great on our bench top too! Best purchase ever, we will be recommending to all our friends

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

My Froothie OPTIMUM G2 is my best friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I was recommended an Optimum blender by a froothie friend who had already purchased an Optimum G2.1. 'The blending capabilities are fantastic giving great results every time, no matter what the contents is', I was told. YES it is fantastic every time. All smoothies and juices blend beautifully. Coffee beans are ground perfectly and the machine does all the guess work for you. Ice and frozen fruits etc blend amazingly well, evenly dispersing protein powder and other supplements. Delicious fruit smoothies daily is my routine, due to my Optimum Blender. When I ordered my machine there was a shortage and I was upgraded to the larger model G2.3 with no extra charge. THANK YOU so much as this machine is brilliant and I would recommend this brand to all. Quiet, quick, easy to clean and a pleasure to use daily. It has made my diet more healthy, and now I crave froothie time everyday. THE BEST ON THE MARKET.

1 of 2 pages

Was just going through process of ordering optimum G21. When came to color choice only had red or silver. Is the black sold out or not available anymore? Regards Lee

Dee asked on Jul 02, 2018

How do i use the G2.1 to crush ice? I have not been able to crush ice cubes effectively using the crush setting.

BenB asked on Feb 11, 2018

Answer this

Hello Ben, thank you for your message. The best way to crush ice is to add the ice cubes first into the jug, then some water. Please select the required setting and make sure to use the tamper to assist with the blending. You can view this video where the 9200A is used to crush ice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtzOyA2rnWM&t=116s. Please contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you need further assistance :)

I have found the presentation of the Optimum blenders pricing and models quite confusing. It appeared that the G2.1 was the latest model and being offered at an amazing discount because it is 'pre order' I assumed this was to create sales and therefore customer reviews would be generated for the new model. However, as I was about to purchase the G2.1 I came across the G2.3 the actual latest model and found the reviews on this site. I am now moving from excited to purchase what seemed to be a fantastic product from a genuine up front and honest company, to wondering if its all a bit of smoke and mirrors for sales? I would really appreciate some feedback from reviewers about whether they paid RRP, how they chose the model the purchased and whether they feel it was the best suited to their needs, or if upgrading would be a preference were it an option? I am also very curious as to when both the G2.1 and G2.3 were actually released to the market. Many thanks ;)

Kathc2 asked on May 27, 2017

Answer this

We ordered a 9400 but were then offered what appeard to be a fantastic deal of just $99 to upgrade to the G2.3. We did up grade and when the unit arrived it looked amazing, and super quite, BUT we found it lacked power and this appeared to be consistant through out reviews. I must say the company were great as far as customer service was concerned and covered all costs of swapping it for the G2.1. Though noisy I much prefer to have a unit that has some grunt behind it. Since purchase about 6 months ago it has not missed a beat. Does all we want and more. The company seem to have consistant sales of its product so I would be watching there company web site for the best deal.

See all 10 questions about Optimum G2.1 Platinum Series