Review rating:

Maleny

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

ANOHER EXCELLENT FROOTIE PRODUCT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

While doing some research on air fryers in general I was delighted to see that Froothie had an option. Since I have previously bought and used the Optimum blender and the cold press/slow juicer I had no hesitation in making my selection. Given that it was almost Christmas Eve I understood that it wouldn't be delivered any time soon, so imagine my surprise when it turned up four days later !! Great service as well as excellent products.
It took me a while to learn how to operate this little kitchen gem but after a few false starts and a couple of undercooked items it's all go.
My only concerns are with the less than stellar instruction/cooking booklet that came with the item. Tiny little icons which caused eye strain to successfully work out could do with enlargement in the book and I think that some of the suggested cooking times are a little optimistic but that's under control now as I gain more experience. I called Froothie and they kindly sent out a link to download more specific, detailed instructions.
The basket, described as stainless steel is actually a type of aluminium with a coating so isn't quite as non-stick as one might anticipate. However I've found that soaking the basket in some hot water (in the base container with a little dish wash liquid) works wonders.
Those little hiccups aside, I'm more than satisfied with this purchase and the company itself. Thank you and happy cooking.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Kim, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I hope this email finds you well. :) Thank you for your positive, detailed review and for your honest feedback regarding our app... read more »

Caboolture

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

LOVE IT. THIS IS MY QUICK EFFICIENT OVEN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

So good for cooking small amounts quickly and it’s healthy to use. We use ours to cook roast potatoes without using any oil. Par boil then straight into the Healthy Fryer. 15 mins later we have crunchy roast potatoes. You could spray some olive oil over them if that’s your preference . Cook Crumbed Chicken, Salmon (use the basket) Frozen and Fresh chips, small cake in the basket etc etc. Great for Chinese Spring Rolls, Sesame Toast etc, Simple to use: start with the programmed menu then you can expand to use the heat and time that works for you. Took ours to family Christmas Lunch, plugged it outside on patio, cooked nibbles for starters, roast potatoes and roast veggies for main. Easy to clean and lite to carry. Love it.

Purchased at: Froothie

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I am so glad that I brought this product as it is so easy to use. Not is it only the healthier way to go, it cooks & re-heats perfectly, saves a lot of time & is super easy to clean. I use to cringe when my son wanted something put in the oven or home made chips but now I'm quite happy to let him have it.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

I am so pleased that I choose the Optimum HealthyFry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

It is fabulous, I look forward to using it every day. As well as being so much healthier, the food
tastes so much better, moist and full of flavour. I also feel confident in purchasing an Optimum
Brand as I have an Optimum Blender which I have been very happy with. All I need now is an
Optimum Cold Press Juicer, maybe one day.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Nyora

Best Present I Have Bought Myself

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I am completely satisfied with the Optimum Healthyfry. I use mine almost every day. It is very easy to clean and store. Bonus is that we now have much healthier meals. Because cooking time is less than a conventional oven, it is a great saving on power costs. Just love it!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Eleebana

Perfect results every time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Having owned a conventional deep fryer previously, this Air Fryer by Optimum is fantastic. The unit makes minimum noise, no oily smell when cooking , very easy to clean, no stale/used oil to dispose of. In addition the unit can be adjusted for time and temperature during the cooking process resulting in perfect results for a novice cook like me. In comparison to my old conventional deep fryer the Optimum Healthyfry leaves it for dead in every way.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

With the optimum Airfryer can the basket be removed after you preheat to put your food in it without losing the heat from the machine?

Leslie M asked on Jan 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi Leslie - the short answer, from my experience with the air fryer, is YES. It only takes a moment or two to place the food to be cooked into the basket and once you've set the time and temperature it's all go. I've found that the pre-heat also works well if you want to subsequently warm up previously cooked food. I'm still on my L plates with this handy kitchen addition but overall, as I gain some experience with timings and temperatures, I'm extremely happy with it. Certainly it's way easier (and cooler during hot weather) to leave the oven and use the air fryer for bacon, chicken pieces, steak, chops and vegetables - and much easier to clean up afterwards. Hope this helps. Kim

Hello Leslie, thank you for your question and Kim, thank you for your thorough answer. We are happy to see that you enjoy your Optimum appliance :) If you have any further questions, please contact our customer service team at support@froothie.com.au at any time and they will gladly assist you directly. We hope this helps :)

I am wondering how an airfryer can actually make chips crispy?

Nat S asked on Jan 09, 2018

What accessories can you get?

margo asked on Dec 02, 2017

Answer this

Hello Margo, thank you for your question. The Optimum HealthyFry comes with a baking pan and instruction manual. We hope this helps but you can contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au if you have any questions :)

See all 10 questions about Optimum HealthyFry