Review rating:

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Very easy to use product, cooks perfect every time. Easy to follow instruction every meals taste great, minimal cleaning needed, great lifting handles. The machine brings out the flavours and are mouth watering, very health option for people who are health orientated. Pleasure to use and recommend to other readers.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Love my airfryer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I don’t use any oil and my vegetables come out crispy and caramelised. So easy to clean and I don’t ever read instruction manuals and still mastered its use first time!
I have looked at all the usual air fryers in stores and they look second- rate compared to mine. This was also way cheaper

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Chemical/burnt smell

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I’m not sure if I have a dud machine but I’ve used it many times thinking the weird smell would burn away, as it smells like a chemical or mechanical type of smell that you might expect from a new machine. The issue is that the smell permeates the food, which is not ideal!

Otherwise the texture and look of the food is great.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Vanessa, While having the drawer totally removed, could you spot any visible protective film (used in material shipping) in the inner bottom of the unit? This would surely be the root of... read more »

Maleny

• 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

ANOHER EXCELLENT FROOTIE PRODUCT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

While doing some research on air fryers in general I was delighted to see that Froothie had an option. Since I have previously bought and used the Optimum blender and the cold press/slow juicer I had no hesitation in making my selection. Given that it was almost Christmas Eve I understood that it wouldn't be delivered any time soon, so imagine my surprise when it turned up four days later !! Great service as well as excellent products.
It took me a while to learn how to operate this little kitchen gem but after a few false starts and a couple of undercooked items it's all go.
My only concerns are with the less than stellar instruction/cooking booklet that came with the item. Tiny little icons which caused eye strain to successfully work out could do with enlargement in the book and I think that some of the suggested cooking times are a little optimistic but that's under control now as I gain more experience. I called Froothie and they kindly sent out a link to download more specific, detailed instructions.
The basket, described as stainless steel is actually a type of aluminium with a coating so isn't quite as non-stick as one might anticipate. However I've found that soaking the basket in some hot water (in the base container with a little dish wash liquid) works wonders.
Those little hiccups aside, I'm more than satisfied with this purchase and the company itself. Thank you and happy cooking.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Kim, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I hope this email finds you well. :) Thank you for your positive, detailed review and for your honest feedback regarding our app... read more »

Caboolture

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

LOVE IT. THIS IS MY QUICK EFFICIENT OVEN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

So good for cooking small amounts quickly and it’s healthy to use. We use ours to cook roast potatoes without using any oil. Par boil then straight into the Healthy Fryer. 15 mins later we have crunchy roast potatoes. You could spray some olive oil over them if that’s your preference . Cook Crumbed Chicken, Salmon (use the basket) Frozen and Fresh chips, small cake in the basket etc etc. Great for Chinese Spring Rolls, Sesame Toast etc, Simple to use: start with the programmed menu then you can expand to use the heat and time that works for you. Took ours to family Christmas Lunch, plugged it outside on patio, cooked nibbles for starters, roast potatoes and roast veggies for main. Easy to clean and lite to carry. Love it.

Purchased at: Froothie

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I am so glad that I brought this product as it is so easy to use. Not is it only the healthier way to go, it cooks & re-heats perfectly, saves a lot of time & is super easy to clean. I use to cringe when my son wanted something put in the oven or home made chips but now I'm quite happy to let him have it.

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

I am so pleased that I choose the Optimum HealthyFry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

It is fabulous, I look forward to using it every day. As well as being so much healthier, the food
tastes so much better, moist and full of flavour. I also feel confident in purchasing an Optimum
Brand as I have an Optimum Blender which I have been very happy with. All I need now is an
Optimum Cold Press Juicer, maybe one day.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Nyora

Best Present I Have Bought Myself

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I am completely satisfied with the Optimum Healthyfry. I use mine almost every day. It is very easy to clean and store. Bonus is that we now have much healthier meals. Because cooking time is less than a conventional oven, it is a great saving on power costs. Just love it!!

Eleebana

Perfect results every time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Having owned a conventional deep fryer previously, this Air Fryer by Optimum is fantastic. The unit makes minimum noise, no oily smell when cooking , very easy to clean, no stale/used oil to dispose of. In addition the unit can be adjusted for time and temperature during the cooking process resulting in perfect results for a novice cook like me. In comparison to my old conventional deep fryer the Optimum Healthyfry leaves it for dead in every way.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I have had my Healthy for less than a year. Loved it but today, it won't come on. Won't light up. Have tested it on several outlets. It's dead. Is there,a reset button somewhere?

Pat asked on Apr 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Pat ... sorry to hear that you've had an issue with the unit not turning on. Oddly enough only yesterday I contacted Froothie in Melbourne asking about the exact problem I'd encountered as well. The reply was that I could send it back for checking (they provide a voucher for postage which is handy) and it would be looked at. If the problem was one covered under warranty it would be repaired at no cost to me - otherwise there would be a charge of some $29 for me to pay. Since they have the unit on sale at present for about half the price I paid for it originally I ordered a new one just in case. The unit if it has to be sent away would be gone for a couple of weeks and as I use it almost every day I didn't fancy not having it for a fortnight +.. a bit of overkill perhaps but there have been times when I wished I had a second unit when cooking for larger numbers. There wasn't any mention of a re-set button when I spoke with the staffer in Melbourne and I think it would have been mentioned if it existed. If it's still under warranty I suggest that you contact the company. They seem very willing to help as and where they can and I think that they will replace anything that cannot be repaired. Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks so much for your prompt response! I will contact the company. And I'm already shopping for a new one too. My air fryer has become an essential. I'm in the US, by the way.

Hello Pat, thank you for your message. You can contact our technical team using the following link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to assist you. Please note however that the Optimum HealthyFry has not been released for sales in the US and is currently only available in Europe and Australia. Froothie is the exclusive distributors of the Optimum products. We hope this helps :)

With the optimum Airfryer can the basket be removed after you preheat to put your food in it without losing the heat from the machine?

Leslie M asked on Jan 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi Leslie - the short answer, from my experience with the air fryer, is YES. It only takes a moment or two to place the food to be cooked into the basket and once you've set the time and temperature it's all go. I've found that the pre-heat also works well if you want to subsequently warm up previously cooked food. I'm still on my L plates with this handy kitchen addition but overall, as I gain some experience with timings and temperatures, I'm extremely happy with it. Certainly it's way easier (and cooler during hot weather) to leave the oven and use the air fryer for bacon, chicken pieces, steak, chops and vegetables - and much easier to clean up afterwards. Hope this helps. Kim

Hello Leslie, thank you for your question and Kim, thank you for your thorough answer. We are happy to see that you enjoy your Optimum appliance :) If you have any further questions, please contact our customer service team at support@froothie.com.au at any time and they will gladly assist you directly. We hope this helps :)

I am wondering how an airfryer can actually make chips crispy?

Nat S asked on Jan 09, 2018